• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
You can believe whatever you want. Hitagi has gotten some unique leaks correct in the past, albeit not with Smash. Xenother seems like the same person as Hitagi so far. I don't think either should be trusted, but it honestly wouldn't surprise me in the least if Steve was DLC. *shrug*. Best thing to do is just to wait it out and see what happens, since it doesn't matter what you believe or not, what's going to happen is going to happen, haha.

D

Deleted member

You know what we should agree what ryce says

Because we don’t know anything about the dlc fighters

ProjectDream

Smash Apprentice
Reminder Hitagi backpedalled on every single DLC prediction he had after less than a month.

That automatically discredits him, and thats not even mentioning the Minecraft information between Verge & Hitagi doesn't line up.
Hitagi has nothing, zero, zilch. Nada. Big fat goose egg.

I'd sooner believe Verge before him, and even then Vergebens DLC info is completely unfounded, and his minecraft information gets pushed further and further back.

D

Deleted member

Reminder Hitagi backpedalled on every single DLC prediction he had after less than a month.

That automatically discredits him, and thats not even mentioning the Minecraft information between Verge & Hitagi doesn't line up.
Hitagi has nothing, zero, zilch. Nada. Big fat goose egg.

I'd sooner believe Verge before him, and even then Vergebens DLC info is completely unfounded, and his minecraft information gets pushed further and further back.
What about xenother?

D00530B2-A4DC-43EE-8440-63510ED78CBF.png

Plus this is legit

Is this bad?

Last edited by a moderator:

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
Hitagi was the one that stated Banjo-Kazooie was never even considered, which seems to be already proven false now that we know for a fact that old N64 era Rare franchises are involved. So I can't trust Hitagi on that front.... Vergeben though, I might believe him, at some point, when and if Banjo-Kazooie shows up, that's Microsoft, and along with them, I would certainly expect something Minecraft related.

ProjectDream

Smash Apprentice
What about xenother?

View attachment 180515
Plus this is legit

Is this bad?
No, because what proof does he have? What's his track record like, whats his track record like on Smash specifically?

Plus this is one character leak, and this is piggybacking off Vergebens square enix information, this can be expanded upon by literally anybody.
I dont understand the keen interest people have on immediately believing text leakers.

You're telling me Square Enix wants more involvement despite biting Sakurais arm to get Cloud out of Smash, who was lucky to even be there, even Snake was easier to get back. Cloud isn't even playable in World of Light, still has 1 stage, still has 2 tracks, I bet the spirit count is low too, close to zero probably.

I find that exceedingly hard to believe knowing how bad Square is to deal with on any licensing.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
No, because what proof does he have? What's his track record like, whats his track record like on Smash specifically?

Plus this is one character leak, and this is piggybacking off Vergebens square enix information, this can be expanded upon by literally anybody.
I dont understand the keen interest people have on immediately believing text leakers.

You're telling me Square Enix wants more involvement despite biting Sakurais arm to get Cloud out of Smash, who was lucky to even be there, even Snake was easier to get back. Cloud isn't even playable in World of Light, still has 1 stage, still has 2 tracks, I bet the spirit count is low too, close to zero probably.

I find that exceedingly hard to believe knowing how bad Square is to deal with on any licensing.
That part about Cloud not being playable in story mode isn't true, by the way. He's
not in World of Light but is in World of Darkness, along with the other half of the characters.

Last edited:

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216

This is why I believe we're not getting a Square rep in Ultimate, unless it's another fighter from FFVII (Tifa or Sephiroth). But even that is a huge stretch considering how difficult Square is being to work with. Like how the hell do we still have 2 songs from FFVII?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
This is why I believe we're not getting a Square rep in Ultimate, unless it's another fighter from FFVII (Tifa or Sephiroth). But even that is a huge stretch considering how difficult Square is being to work with. Like how the hell do we still have 2 songs from FFVII?
And Geno is still on the table, but even then he's considered as more of a Mario character.

That said, the main issue is that Nobuo Uematsu owns the rights to the songs from FFs I-XIV, and he's currently on a sabbatical. Yes, it's that messy.

Meanwhile, Yoko Shimomura is already on the Ultimate staff.

Last edited:

ProjectDream

Smash Apprentice
That part about Cloud not being playable in story mode isn't true, by the way. He's
not in World of Light but is in World of Darkness, along with the other half of the characters.
Well thats good to hear, it was weird when I first heard of it, made no sense. Point still standing however.
The music part is a whole different thing in itself, the post above sums it up, its just a rights issue based on composers.

In the offchance there is a Square rep in the DLC pack, its not going to be Sephiroth or some other fan favorite pick. It'll be promotional, probably Dragon Quest or something Square would be keen to promote. Either way, I think the text ""leak"" is completely baseless.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Hey can anyone tell me what xenother got wrong?
That's a loaded question, really. What has he gotten right? For that matter, in terms of DLC, since no DLC has been released at this point, what has Vergeben or Hitagi gotten correct or incorrect? We literally have nothing confirmed, so as the case with any leaks, you shouldn't put much thought into it until there's tangible evidence.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Does Xenother even have a history?
Only thing I know of for sure is Vergeben has confirmed to sending him some Direct Messages before. Though he blacked out just about 100% of what they discussed, so there's no way to tell what they were talking about. He claims to be on the same page and have legitimate sources, but if the idea going around is that leakers may have inaccurate information, there's nothing that makes him stand out over anyone else.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Yeah the grand king of leakers Verge himself has stated Steve is leak bait from his most trusted source

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Cloud is in story mode, but there are zero Final Fantasy spirits. The only Square spirits are Cloud, Geno and Mallow. I think a Square character is still on the table, but unfortunately probably not Geno.

As for Steve... well, he got eaten by Cubivore.

He still could happen but I think regardless if he makes it many of these leakers are really shaky

D

Deleted member

Cloud is in story mode, but there are zero Final Fantasy spirits. The only Square spirits are Cloud, Geno and Mallow. I think a Square character is still on the table, but unfortunately probably not Geno.

As for Steve... well, he got eaten by Cubivore.

He still could happen but I think regardless if he makes it many of these leakers are really shaky
The meme is funny

But verge said this was not mistaken for mc content(boss)

But still the meme lol

Yeah the grand king of leakers Verge himself has stated Steve is leak bait from his most trusted source
He said Steve is still a possibility though. He didn’t say “Steve isn’t in the game” he just said his source told him the Minecraft content is a boss. So it’s still up in the air

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I guess my question for @Connorb0t2 and others is why do you believe random text leaks like that? You can go on 4chan or GameFAQs and find half a dozen in a matter of minutes. The only person so far that's seemingly shown any bit of actual knowledge that has actually been officially announced is Vergeben, and that was base game roster and not DLC. (Well besides that Reddit guy who was fired from being a tester and released game mechanics for Inineroar and Piranha Plant months before release.)

Unless I missed something, Verge's last bit of information he's made public essentially amounts to "Minecraft may be represented by a boss, with Steve possibly or possibly not being a character" and that at this moment it's almost impossible to tell what characters he's heard about may or may not be legit. So, nothing really. I think Vergeben, if he says something with certainty, has earned a bit of trust to at least consider, but since he's not committing to anything at this point, I think it's fair to say that we probably shouldn't be believing anything at the moment.

If new information surfaces and has valid evidence, maybe I'll reconsider, but I don't think there's any reason at all to assume any of our current leakers we've seen knows for certainty even one of the characters at this point.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
I think there's a chance we get both Steve and Banjo-Kazooie.

I mean, it would make sense. One is the fan demand character, the other is the massive indie hit.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Oh, to be clear, while I would love Banjo-Kazooie (obviously partaking in this board a lot the last month), I'm not against Steve, even a little. I think he could be neat. I'm just saying it's way too early on with the evidence we've had to assume anything as fact.

I also see no reason why Steve and B-K couldn't both be in. There's no rules at all when it comes to these things.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I guess my question for @Connorb0t2 and others is why do you believe random text leaks like that? You can go on 4chan or GameFAQs and find half a dozen in a matter of minutes. The only person so far that's seemingly shown any bit of actual knowledge that has actually been officially announced is Vergeben, and that was base game roster and not DLC. (Well besides that Reddit guy who was fired from being a tester and released game mechanics for Inineroar and Piranha Plant months before release.)

Unless I missed something, Verge's last bit of information he's made public essentially amounts to "Minecraft may be represented by a boss, with Steve possibly or possibly not being a character" and that at this moment it's almost impossible to tell what characters he's heard about may or may not be legit. So, nothing really. I think Vergeben, if he says something with certainty, has earned a bit of trust to at least consider, but since he's not committing to anything at this point, I think it's fair to say that we probably shouldn't be believing anything at the moment.

If new information surfaces and has valid evidence, maybe I'll reconsider, but I don't think there's any reason at all to assume any of our current leakers we've seen knows for certainty even one of the characters at this point.
This is probably the best stance you all can take on this situation, I highly recommend it.

D

Deleted member

Xenother said another ff7 character is coming

Shouldn’t it be dq because of the dq11 switch port coming soon and that dq has been with Nintendo during the nes days?

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Xenother said another ff7 character is coming

Shouldn’t it be dq because of the dq11 switch port coming soon and that dq has been with Nintendo during the nes days?
Okay, so we just spent the last hour or so discussing reasons why you believe this person. But I'll play along. Care to share a source? I haven't seen them say this.

Hush_

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hushhh
Switch FC
SW-7310-0229-2822
guys I have a leak, banjo is in. source you say? don't need one, just believe in me.

D

Deleted member

Hey didn’t Mojang say Steve wasn’t in?
I thought I herd it somewhere

Edit: found it https://www.elecspo.com/games/super...-in-smash-bros-ultimate-minecraft-devs-answer

“We actually don’t have any news on that. But we do know that there are lots of folks in the community who’ve, on the feedback site, put a request for it. So you should go and upvote it and then we can go to our friends over at Nintendo and say hey, listen, the community would think that’s pretty cool.”

This is why it’s all starting to lead up to a boss

And please nobody do devils advocate on me please.

Last edited by a moderator:

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Okay, I'm not sure you're understanding what they're talking about. This is the list that Vergeben, Hitagi, and a couple other people were talking about. This is the list of ~7 names that they've heard their sources talk about in regards to a possible Square Enix DLC character. It is not "Xenother said another ff7 character is coming ". If anything, "Xenother said that another ff7 character was heard in discussion alongside other equally as possible Square Enix names". Please don't misquote or spread misinformation.

Second, I think you're reading that wrong. They're saying that a Dragon Quest character is looking more in favor.

Also, this is going way off topic, this is the Banjo-Kazooie thread, and this isn't about them at all.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Just so y'all know, that's Vergeben's DM that leaked, not Xenother's.

It only has to do with SE characters, and I believe Geno is still on the table.

Sora, however, isn't looking too good, and neither is Sephiroth given the composer's situation. DQ is possible but seems unlikely given the hassle Nintendo would have to go through to get all the parties involved on board.

Banjo-Kazooie has nothing to do with it.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Vergeben's leaked list of SE reps means nothing if there is no SE rep as DLC.

A far more credible leaker (Ryce) insisted that Vergeben knows nothing about DLC and is saying SE/Minecraft was pushed to DLC to cover up for bad intel. Why are we even still on this? The DLC was finalised just a couple weeks ago, Verge couldn't have known about a SE or Minecrap rep all the way back to pre-E3 times.

It's far more likely that like literally every single other leak that Vergeben has ever got correct, that he also spread misinformation in the process.

And if you look at the amount of SE content in Smash, it seems highly plausible that Nintendo wouldn't want to deal with them for a DLC character.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ironic.

He could leak other's work, but could not protect himself from getting leaked.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Vergeben's leaked list of SE reps means nothing if there is no SE rep as DLC.

A far more credible leaker (Ryce) insisted that Vergeben knows nothing about DLC and is saying SE/Minecraft was pushed to DLC to cover up for bad intel. Why are we even still on this? The DLC was finalised just a couple weeks ago, Verge couldn't have known about a SE or Minecrap rep all the way back to pre-E3 times.

It's far more likely that like literally every single other leak that Vergeben has ever got correct, that he also spread misinformation in the process.

And if you look at the amount of SE content in Smash, it seems highly plausible that Nintendo wouldn't want to deal with them for a DLC character.
Didn't Ryce only say that about the Minecraft stuff?

Top Bottom