• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Steve's name was actually given not that many years after Minecraft started development, definitely before the first "full release" as they called it in 2011.

And I don't care about the game being popular, I like all three characters (Banjo-Kazooie, and Steve) regardless of popularity or whatever, same with every character I like.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Let’s all just ignore him

he said he think Steve’s still in not he is in and he dose not have proof

And it’s nothing like verge heard about

We’re geting our bear back no matter what

Yes

Minecraft would be in the rathalos situation because he’s more iconic than the hunter

And like I said

“Just because you’re a popular game worldwide doesn’t mean you have to be a fighter”
Yeah, and since folks in the Geno thread brought up what third parties bring to the table in terms of mechanics that reflect their home series, the only standout thing Steve can bring is what, crafting?

Besides, official and unofficial spin-off books of all sorts seldom focus on Steve anyway.

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
Minecraft Boss for a Banjo Classic mode would make a lot of sense.

First stage: Banjo vs Mario. Him vs the Platforming character that inspired him

Second stage: Donkey Kong/Diddy Kong/K Rool. His Rareware brothers from the days of old

Third stage: Banjo vs Bayonetta. Representing his battles against his own Witch Arch nemesis gruntilda.

Fourth Stage: Duck Hunt dog because of how they're both combos of Mammal and Bird duos (I honestly think sakurai made them as a banjo substitute then realized half way through how they could be more unique than an imaginary stand in for a then impossible character.)

Fifth stage: Snake/Sonic representing the 3rd party Characters that made it to smash before them.

Sixth Stage: Piranha plant/Incineroar representing the disappointment fans felt when they weren't announced as Base characters/DLC in November.

Final stage: Minecraft boss. Obviously this represents microsoft/minecraft and the rights of the characters being in the hands of a giant corporate monster with a bigger/newer IP, thus preventing them from getting in smash sooner.

And their campaign would be called something like "Homecoming" or "The Long Journey Home"

Obviously the stages could be in different orders or different all together but I could see Sakurai doing this as a meta reference to fan demand for them.

EDIT: This way, we get minecraft with an ender dragon boss and the character that has been requested so hard for so long, probably satisfying Microsofts PR firm pretty well.

EDIT2: The more I think about it, The Ender Dragon may be more well known than Steve. I don't think steve had a publicly state name in minecraft for several years then notch was like "lol, his name is steve"

The Ender Dragon though was a big deal. Hes the same for everyone, and he represents a goal and an end to what was a originally a game with no overt goal or story, its also super difficult to do the ingame stuff necessary to even access the end unless you are in creative mode. I remember it made 'The End' seem like a super big deal back when it was released. I think when I had minecraft (like 2012 or 2013?) I cheated to get to it because the damn portal spawned but it didnt have all the blocks because it spawn intersecting with a cave system so fuuu. I remember beating it and seeing the credits roll and being satisfied.
I could honestly see that happening minus the Incineroar/PP bit. Maybe there could be characters that represent Microsoft instead like a Green Skinned Samus for Master Chief and such? To represent Banjo going against Microsoft characters or something like that

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
Besides, official and unofficial spin-off books of all sorts seldom focus on Steve anyway.
Well I can think of one unofficial spin off book that has Steve as the main character...

I'm not going to say which one, but let's just say if Nintendo took inspiration from it Steve would likely end up as a Wario echo...

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well I can think of one unofficial spin off book that has Steve as the main character...

I'm not going to say which one, but let's just say if Nintendo took inspiration from it Steve would likely end up as a Wario echo...
Not the one I'm referring to, I shelved one away at the library job this morning that was about some vandal breaking his stuff, prompting him to find out who's responsible.

Last edited:

squirtgar

Smash Apprentice
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Don’t you dare mention that 3d rendered abomination it scares me.

Khandoit

Smash Cadet
Should we or should we NOT worry about this?
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77228568

This was before the datamine

No, ignore it. This is pre datamine, pre Verge admitting Minecraft rep is actually a boss, pre hitagi Nopeing the *** out.

From what I've seen, Xenother is pretty bad at leaks, often being wrong or not having good info. right occasionally but not that often to be used as a litmus test for other leaks. Verge has already admitted his sources have changed their tune on what they've been told.

EDIT: also anyone who says anything along the lines of " I don't want to be a "famous leaker" or anything, but" usually wants to be known as some famous leaker so someone thinks they are important and is denying it preemptively because 'Duh'. Usually the tactic of a younger person.

EDIT 2: There was another Xeno named leaker who said stuff awhile ago but this isn't them. its a newer account.

Last edited:

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Should we or should we NOT worry about this?
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77228568

This was before the datamine
There's currently no reason to believe him any more than Hitagi. In fact, if you replaced his name with Hitagi's, it essentially says exactly the same thing. If there is a source that Hitagi has, it's possible that this guy has spoke to him as well.

There has to be some line to draw where you do and don't believe things. For me, xenother is a November 2018 GameFAQs account that has absolutely no history of ever leaking anything before. If there is real information going out, he's shared absolutely nothing, so there's no reason to believe it imo.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
The only real concern now isn't any leaker or anything like that, I don't think any of them know enough to say for sure... but I do have a concern unrelated to them.

My concern is that it was maybe a deal that fell through. That's what makes me worry a bit. That we were possibly close to getting Banjo-Kazooie, but in the end, they couldn't come to an agreement, and maybe had to pull the plug mid-development even... But god, that'd be so sad.

I see no reason why they'd pull the plug though, as far as we know, Nintendo and Microsoft are still pretty buddy buddy. So, that little bit of concern is outweighed by the amount of hope I have for this thing to reveal itself in the way we're all dreaming of.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Your going to be seeing this stuff a lot, more "leakers" are going to come out of the wood work and claim sh** just like that fraud Hitagi. All it will do is rouse the general thread for a week while they hang onto every word of someone with 0% Smash credibility.

Until we see the first DLC character trailer we don't know what to expect and niether does Vergeben or any other insider.. the Smash DLC is probably kept air tight. Just like last time.. we never heard about Cloud and only knew about Ryu and Roy from Data mines. We didn't even know about Mewtwo until he was teased. I'm sure it's harder to find out about DLC because the team working on it is smaller than the full dev team so leaks are less likely because people like their jobs.

That thread is pretty much out the window with the data mines and Vergebens comment about Minecraft content not to mention LoZ1..oops..I mean Hitagis immense back track..

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
As much as I wasn't happy with the 11/1 Direct revealing Ken/Incineroar, I was glad that rumors/leaks regarding the base roster were put to rest.

DLC is, of course, inevitable, for better and worse (mostly better), but it also means more "leaks." And it seems to me like most "leaks" now are less often blurry pictures and more often plain text from people trying to act credible and that they've heard inside info.

Please tell me I'm not the only person who's getting a little sick and tired of all these "leakers" acting as if they know things we don't for a few minutes of fame.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Please tell me I'm not the only person who's getting a little sick and tired of all these "leakers" acting as if they know things we don't for a few minutes of fame.
Believe me, I've been getting VERY sick and tired of all these supposed "leaks", even before the full base roster was revealed. It kind of makes me wish Sakurai would hurry up and reveal the characters just so we don't have to deal with these "leaks" anymore.

squirtgar

Smash Apprentice
I think this guy has a slight dose of bs in his diet.By that I mean knowing which characters are not in especially the way he said it is virtually impos.
He/She sounded like a steve fanboy who doesn't like our lord and savior.
In the spirit of our Lord and Savior
Banjo savior 1.jpg

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
With no signs of Minecraft content in the base game, the only way Steve is coming to Ultimate is if he's one of the DLC fighters and has nothing to do with Banjo & Kazooie's DLC pass if chosen. But I can see if there was an agreement to include a second Microsoft owned character if Steve or B-K was decided since both characters are well known and have marketable potential for Smash.

Say if we got B-K, I don't expect to see Minecraft content mixed in their DLC Pass and vice versa. Also I don't expect to see any extra content other than what was promised to us in the previous Direct (Fighter, Stage, Music).

This is what I'm personally sticking with as far as speculation goes.

Last edited:
The only real concern now isn't any leaker or anything like that, I don't think any of them know enough to say for sure... but I do have a concern unrelated to them.

My concern is that it was maybe a deal that fell through. That's what makes me worry a bit. That we were possibly close to getting Banjo-Kazooie, but in the end, they couldn't come to an agreement, and maybe had to pull the plug mid-development even... But god, that'd be so sad.

I see no reason why they'd pull the plug though, as far as we know, Nintendo and Microsoft are still pretty buddy buddy. So, that little bit of concern is outweighed by the amount of hope I have for this thing to reveal itself in the way we're all dreaming of.
Didn’t Sakurai say they didn’t cut any characters mid-developmemt though?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
As far as the spirit data leaks are concerned, they pretty much did this:

Believe me, I've been getting VERY sick and tired of all these supposed "leaks", even before the full base roster was revealed. It kind of makes me wish Sakurai would hurry up and reveal the characters just so we don't have to deal with these "leaks" anymore.
Good things come to those who wait, better things come to those who ignore frauds that try to get people's attention.

volbound1700

Smash Master
As far as the spirit data leaks are concerned, they pretty much did this:

Good things come to those who wait, better things come to those who ignore frauds that try to get people's attention.
Not with Ultimate. We waited and got that **** stain that was the 11/1/2018 Direct. I was so hyped after the August direct. Sakurai couldn't even give me a good stage builder, the Knuckles + Tails Mii costume, or a good single player. I would rather they cut the spirits down to 1/3 and give us good renders. Fighting an image of an alt Sonic as Rayman doesn't make me feel like the character is Rayman.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I love the response: "So you have confirmed that the DLC will suck." That is awesome!
People are so dramatic on GameFAQs, it's absurd. Like, I want Banjo-Kazooie in Smash more than just about anything in the world at the moment, but if they don't make it, they don't make it. I personally can't imagine convincing yourself that the DLC is going to suck when, let's be real, we know nothing about the DLC. Even if it's 5 characters I don't particularly like, they all come with a stage too, and I have faith in Sakurai and his team to make whoever gets added to be fun.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
So do you guys have any hopes for this VGA considering this year's Banjo Kazooie anniversary? or am I the only one…?

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
So do you guys have any hopes for this VGA considering this year's Banjo Kazooie anniversary? or am I the only one…?
I dunno... I sort of thought that XBox's event a couple weeks ago would have been a good chance to start a reboot were it happening. I think it's a little too soon for a Smash DLC announcement, so that would probably come back to a Rare announcement. BK3 would be amazing, but some sort of Spyro-esque reboot would be amazing too.

I really would love anything Banjo Kazooie related, but I'm not expecting anything. Their 20th Anniversary does give some sort of glimmer of hope though.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
I want to be hopeful, but it's just another case of "too good to be true". I mean, here we have, the day of the VGAs being Banjo-Kazooie's 20th anniversary in Japan, we have both Nintendo and Microsoft at the show (likely with a big presence, as they have historically, not to mention Rare will be in attendance as well considering Sea of Thieves has some nominations), and we have Smash Bros. not only releasing the very next day, but we also have a confirmed day 1 update/patch while also knowing there is Rare content within the code of the game.... If we were living in a perfect world, all signs would point to a Banjo-Kazooie reveal.

I'm trying to hold back my conspiracies, but I just can't help but let my mind wander into dreams... Too good to be true though! The more likely scenario is nothing Smash related, maybe a launch trailer, but no real announcements... but dang it... I CAN TASTE THE BANJO!

Last edited:

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
The Leaky Panda rumor, coupled with all of the recent data mining makes it possible that we could get a Banjo for Smash announcement, but I am not honestly expecting it

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
Sakurai confirmed the Day 1 patch in his latest column. But he only really said that it'll be for saving replays and other little things.

Do you guys think anything we’ve seen will change with the day 1 patch? More Rare games found in the files? Maybe they’ll be completely scrubbed?

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
Realistically, they should be scrubbed. And if that does happen, I really hope nobody here takes that as a bad sign for the character.

Realistically, they should be scrubbed. And if that does happen, I really hope nobody here takes that as a bad sign for the character.
Yeah, that’s the scary thing, it could go either way. They may have forgotten to completely scrub those files and didn’t plan on the game leaking early and having people find them. But the fact that we’ve seen them there at all is a positive sign nonetheless

Rigumaro

Smash Apprentice
Well, the Jet Force Gemini and Blast Coprs thing was definitely a mistake, no wonder how you look at it. Either it wasn't meant to be in the game, or it was meant to be added later with DLC, but they serve 0 purpose on the base game. So them taking them out wouldn't mean anything.

On the other hand, the day 1 update is only for physical copies. Digital copies that we have preloaded are probably a more updated version, and Sakurai confirmed those wont have a patch. Meaning that that version will be like a month old when the game releases, and they probably found out about those Rare IP strings of codes recently due to the datamines, so I bet they'll just stay in the game until a further update down the line.

Gum-Gum Smash

Smash Apprentice
Here to support the duo. K. Rool was who I voted for in the ballot, but I'd always welcome more of Rare goodness in Smash. Any day, would be really excited to see them

D

Deleted member

Well, the Jet Force Gemini and Blast Coprs thing was definitely a mistake, no wonder how you look at it. Either it wasn't meant to be in the game, or it was meant to be added later with DLC, but they serve 0 purpose on the base game. So them taking them out wouldn't mean anything.

On the other hand, the day 1 update is only for physical copies. Digital copies that we have preloaded are probably a more updated version, and Sakurai confirmed those wont have a patch. Meaning that that version will be like a month old when the game releases, and they probably found out about those Rare IP strings of codes recently due to the datamines, so I bet they'll just stay in the game until a further update down the line.
Meaning?

Is that bad?

Also someone made a list and I hate it
B5CF2EB2-687A-4C96-9524-D5D9E0B628DB.jpeg

They think banjo is cut when sakurai states there were no cuts in mid development

We’re still getting our duo back

Last edited by a moderator:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Banjo being "cut" is using the term very loosely, but he's still on the table.

The only way I can imagine a deal fell through was that some higher ups at Nintendo said "no working with MS" right out the gate or some higher ups at MS would've preferred Battletoads since their reboot was a long time in the making [See Shovel Knight on X1 and Killer Instinct] and didn't want Banjo, but both of those I find VERY unlikely. If they can collaborate with tightasses like Konami, Square and Pokemon Company, they could've worked with MS.
If anything Sakurai/Nintendo decided their inclusion would be much easier via DLC, or didn't like the idea of the character.

I'm cautiously optimistic about them, which is a huge improvement than the days people were taking Katalina being DLC seriously. People saying Banjo's a never ever are probably trying to rile people up.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
By "cut content" I thought they meant the Rare titles being found in the code, but eh idk.

I still don't think Spirits disconfirm, though; they could just use the character's Ultimate render like they did for Cloud, and rename their regular Spirit to "Character (Original)" or something.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Banjo being "cut" is using the term very loosely, but he's still on the table.

The only way I can imagine a deal fell through was that some higher ups at Nintendo said "no working with MS" right out the gate or some higher ups at MS would've preferred Battletoads since their reboot was a long time in the making [See Shovel Knight on X1 and Killer Instinct] and didn't want Banjo, but both of those I find VERY unlikely. If they can collaborate with tightasses like Konami, Square and Pokemon Company, they could've worked with MS.
If anything Sakurai/Nintendo decided their inclusion would be much easier via DLC, or didn't like the idea of the character.

I'm cautiously optimistic about them, which is a huge improvement than the days people were taking Katalina being DLC seriously. People saying Banjo's a never ever are probably trying to rile people up.
I’m pretty sure that’s what happened

Well with hitagi admitting his sources were fake it just went from Steve playable to just Minecraft content and that content was just a boss

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
The recent big names of leakers have been a little unsure lately, but I'm pretty sure that Hitagi still is almost certain Steve is DLC, and Vergeben isn't sure what to think other than still holding onto Minecraft in some capacity. I wouldn't be surprised if they did have some sort of source that was either unsure themself or had outdated or incorrect information. Honestly, I don't think Steve should be written out yet. Again though, even if Steve makes it in first, I don't think that's necessarily bad for Banjo's chances. *shrug*

D

Deleted member

The recent big names of leakers have been a little unsure lately, but I'm pretty sure that Hitagi still is almost certain Steve is DLC, and Vergeben isn't sure what to think other than still holding onto Minecraft in some capacity. I wouldn't be surprised if they did have some sort of source that was either unsure themself or had outdated or incorrect information. Honestly, I don't think Steve should be written out yet. Again though, even if Steve makes it in first, I don't think that's necessarily bad for Banjo's chances. *shrug*
Hitagi. He’s a fraud

Ryce said verge doesn’t know dlc

Minecraft content not fighter just some compacity

Also xenother came back

“My stance is exactly the same as it was before. I haven't heard anything about a Minecraft boss, but I still stand pat that Steve is a part of the fighters' pass.”

Should we still trust this faker?

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom