• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Moving onto something else, can I just say how AMAZING the main lyrical song for the game sounds? It honestly sounds like something out of Kingdom Hearts, and I love it for that!

Eagle

Smash Lord
Now that the massacre is over, months ago I made a point that I'd like to bring up again.

It is better to be a DLC character than it is a base-game character. The reason for this is you get so much more time and development to make them truly unique and true to their original series. I am talking about Ryu, Bayo, and Cloud. And some ****ty dragon guy. I think Banjo Kazooie have a good shot at being DLC, and if they are then whatever we get from them as DLC will likely have been different to what we would have got in the base-game.

So... I'm holding on to hope and if we get them it will be even more worth the wait.

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
He may have won this round, but he hasn't seen Piranha Plant coming either. He has 4 more tries to beat Sakurai to character reveals, otherwise he'll be KOed.
He's already done it with Ridley, Simon, Isabelle, and now Incineroar and Ken. Face the facts: Vergeben has been leaking genuine information. He'll get KO'd when he gets something wrong, which he hasn't done as far as we know, so it'd be nice if some people stopped being rash and trying to discredit him.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
He's already done it with Ridley, Simon, Isabelle, and now Incineroar and Ken. Face the facts: Vergeben has been leaking genuine information. He'll get KO'd when he gets something wrong, which he hasn't done as far as we know, so it'd be nice if some people stopped being rash and trying to discredit him.
At any rate, he'll mess up eventually. It happened with DBFZ, it can happen again.

Bamco really needs to step up their game if they want to prevent anything from being leaked. :ultmario::ultluigi:

Graizen

Smash Champion
Never lose Hope! Your character can be a DLC! Fight for it!

Im fighting for Agumon as well!

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
Honestly he should've never tried to leak anything in the first place.

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
This was definitely a disappointing Direct, considering all we've been dealing with before this past week. That said, I'm still optimistic and excited to have the game in hand December 7th! I'm taking off that Friday and Monday and playing for four days, trying to unlock as many characters as possible with my friends and enjoy every bit of it I can play. Despite the tragic loss of the Grinch leak and no longer having the prospect of Issac, Geno, Shadow, Chorus Kids, Mach Rider, and, of course, Banjo & Kazooie in the base roster, I still give major props to whoever made that banner. It inspired hope in us and I for one am keeping that fake banner in my collection of photos just as a reminder that the perfect Smash roster may yet be made some day. I hold no hard feelings towards Sakurai and know he's doing his best to please as many people as possible. This game is still going to be fun to play with my friends and hopefully maybe someday everyone's favorites will manage to make it in. I hope you all keep your spirits high and not get mired down in disappointment for too long. This game can still be surprising and entertaining. Hope to see you all on the battlefield!

Hodin

Smash Apprentice
Never give up guys. If anything that fake leaked showed the world how many people really want Banjo in the world. With the N64 mini slowly making its way into reality, Banjo might make his debut with it.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
At least we can say that Grinch leak really elevated Banjo-Kazooie's already elite status to probably currently the most wanted elgible newcomer and hopefully Sakurai and team took notice for DLC.

cybersai

Smash Ace
If you guys are serious why doesn't someone campaign Phil Spencer to be serious about getting Banjo into Smash. I mean you guys literally have the head of the Xbox division saying he'd let Nintendo use him.

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
Phew, that Direct sure was brutal, deconfirming characters left and right. Incineroar was my least-wanted newcomer for a couple of reasons, and, well, the worst-case scenario happened.

I personally loved seeing Piranha Plant, as to me it's just a bonus fighter, and no one saw it coming- not even insiders. Definitely a more interesting fighter than Incineroar, for me. But I understand why others weren't as enthusiastic, since we were hot off the heels of a deconfirmation massacre- that juxtaposition probably didn't sit well for a lot of people.

I'm of the mind that characters that are spirits are deconfirmed- instead, already-playable characters represent that spirit and fight like their spirit would. So if Geno's a spirit, I wouldn't get my hopes up for him, unfortunately- though I never noticed him as a spirit myself.

As others have said, there's still hope in the form of DLC. We were one of the lucky ones, so don't give up just yet, everyone!

Klimax

Smash Ace
In my opinion, here's what is going to happen for DLC:

- Geno is in the Mewtwo's spot (popular character but not a priority)
- The rest of the DLC are just third party juggernauts.
- Banjo Kazooie, Spiral Mountain.
- Steve, Minecraft stage.
- Rayman, Glade of Dreams.
- Another big third party.

In my opinion, you guys have every reasons to be REALLY confident, things are looking really good for you. And if Banjo & Kazooie get in, I'll be damn happy.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
So, in terms of the base-roster unique newcomers, the ones I'm currently most excited to play are:

1. King K. Rool
2. Incineroar
3. Simon
4. Inkling
5. Ridley
6. Isabelle

Klimax

Smash Ace
The ones i'm most excited to play as are:

1. King K Rool
2. Incineroar
3. Simon Belmont
4. Ridley
5. Isabelle
6. Inkling

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
Now that the dust has settled from the Direct, I'm sad GamingIntel's N64 Mini leak turned out to be bogus as that got my hopes up last night. However, the real win for Banjo is that he didn't get sacrificed to the AT gods. Verg still says Minecraft content is on the way, and while that could still very well mean Steve, Banjo has great odds of being the Microsoft DLC character. Here's hoping, but until then, let's get hype for the base game.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
welp for banjo's 20th he didn't get in smash or a new game or even remakes just some merch & a overpriced statue that will taunt me as I don't have the cash for that :/

K rool is owned by nintendo

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Guys, he's DLC. Why would they negotiate K. Rool from Rare and not Banjo?
Because Nintendo has always owned K. Rool and everything Donkey Kong related to the franchise, When Rare split with Nintendo back in 2002, They only took their original IP's with Microsoft (Banjo, Conker, Killer Instinct, Perfect Dark and Battletoads) and have all been recategorized as Microsoft 1st Party Franchises, While Nintendo retained everything Rare made for Donkey Kong and Star Fox Adventures/ Dinosaur Planet related.

King K. Rool's last appearence was in Mario Super Sluggers (2008)

Kritter's (Kremling Krew Grunts) were Goalies in the Mario Strikers series (2005, 2007)

Last edited:

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
For me, I'm most excited to play
1: Incineroar
2. Inkling
3. King K Rool
4. Ridley
5. Simon
6. Piranha plant
7. Isabelle
8. Ken
9. Richter

However if our bear and bird get in as DLC... forget this list.

D

Deleted member

2E3BC116-B9E4-4002-B148-43E4DE6A9AE7.jpeg

Do you think the Minecraft content is just a stage and nothing else?

There’s literally no way sakurai would make him playable am I right?:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
View attachment 174741
Do you think the Minecraft content is just a stage and nothing else?

There’s literally no way sakurai would make him playable am I right?:)
I'm just going to ignore all insiders and leakers, especially with Ulimate releasing very soon.

To the owner of the thread can we have the title changed? It's not Game Over until all 5 of the DLC newcomers are known to us so we shouldn't give up just yet.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
any one else just waiting for sakurai to tell us why he added pirahna plant in smash let alone over waluigi & geno (DLC?) like what made him go yeah that makes sense ?

Well get banjo as DLC BUT spiral moutan will be made out of minecraft blocks LOL

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I'm just going to ignore all insiders and leakers, especially with Ulimate releasing very soon.

To the owner of the thread can we have the title changed? It's not Game Over until all 5 of the DLC newcomers are known to us so we shouldn't give up just yet.
Do you actually think there will only be 5 DLC newcomers?!? Ultimate and its DLC will make Nintendo a lot of money. I can easily see more Fighter Passes being greenlit in the future.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Well guys, can't say I wasn't prepared for that. I don't think campaigning is going to do us any good, the ballot is long gone and it's painfully obvious that they already have the five DLC characters planned out. Most we can do is sit around and wait. I'm taking a break from the boards and I'll honestly just quit speculation entirely soon, probably. A year is a long time to wait for DLC... It was a wild ride, and I was glad to be on it with you guys. See you around.

The discord server is still around if you guys wanna hang.

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
Do you actually think there will only be 5 DLC newcomers?!?
Yep. Until Sakurai says other wise. More DLC Season Passes I 100% support but I'm just going to play it safe for now.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Yep. Until Sakurai says other wise. More DLC Season Passes I 100% support but I'm just going to play it safe for now.
You're doing the exact opposite of playing it safe. By the time Sakurai announces that there definitively will be more DLC, he could have already decided who those characters will be. We need to start regathering support and making our voices heard now.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
any one else just waiting for sakurai to tell us why he added pirahna plant in smash let alone over waluigi & geno (DLC?) like what made him go yeah that makes sense ?

Well get banjo as DLC BUT spiral moutan will be made out of minecraft blocks LOL
Promotional joke character.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord

Where have you been all these years ?

Sakurai always like to put in each game "Out of left field" or unorthadox fighters, It's really not that surprising.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Let us be honest with ourselves...

WHO WANTED THE PLANT!?!?!?
This was the biggest punch to the balls from nintendo in the smash area if I've ever seen it.
Oh you wanted all these other characters...well SCREW the fans my name is Sakurai HERE IS A PLANTI hope all those people's votes for the smash ballot were wasted because here is a punch to the balls!!

Your welcome fans you got the bad ending, double thanos, deleted save file.

I swear if banjo or any of the other characters we have been asking for is not DLC
Sakurai...do you really care about the fans?!?!?
I feel the same way about INCENER WHATEVER THE **** HIS NAME IS AND ISABELLA.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
So, according to Spawn Wave's hints as well as Sakurai's Background Theory, we're getting Sora (behind Sakurai in today's Direct, there were two dice, both which seemed to have a symbol from Kingdom Hearts).

I wonder if that blue book that seemed to have Banjo-Kazooie on it was a hint (in the August Direct)...?

Eh, it may just be wishful thinking...

Last edited:

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
Things for this still being Possible:
A. DLC(Surely at least 1 of those 5 slots includes the Bear & Bird)
B. Microsoft has gone on record to say they'd be A-OK with Banjo in Smash
C. Minecraft Microsoft/Nintendo Switch Crossplay[If Microsoft & Nintendo could get buddy-buddy enough to have Cross-play with one another for the same game; Why couldn't they let the Bear & Bird reunite with their Former Collegues still affiliated with the Big N]
D. They aren't assist trophies, and have yet to be de-confirmed

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
With the direct out of the way, I'm gonna try to predict the 5 DLC characters from the Fighters Pass.

If Vergeben is too be trusted (he's got a lot of things right as of now) I expect:

• Geno (or any other Square Enix rep as Vergeben mentioned, but I'm going for Geno because Sakurai himself wanted him in for a really long time)
  • Steve (Vergbenen did mention that Minecraft content is being added, and we still haven't heard of that, so....)
  • Banjo-Kazooie (I doubt Nintendo will go to Microsoft JUST for Minecraft content)

As for the other 2 characters:

• Rayman (Nintendo's relation with Ubisoft has been going pretty smooth now. Mario+Rabbids, Starlink, Smash could be the next step. We've also already seen Rabbid Peach as an Spirit, which means Ubisoft already has some representation in Smash)
  • Chorus Kids (They were "leaked" together with Chrom and a couple of Smash 4 newcomers for Smash 4. Now that Chrom is in Ultimate, I can see the Chorus Kids getting added to Ultimate too thanks to DLC. That way all the characters from the Gematsu leak are finally in Ultimate)
I've decided to only take characters from franchises that don't have any FIGHTERS yet, with the exception of Geno, who's a third-party character. For all 5 characters we're going to see a new stage AND new music, so I don't think they'll add characters like Dixie and Bandana Dee, because then they'd have to create an all new Donkey Kong or Kirby stage when that is something they could've done while they were making the base game. Once again, I've excluded Geno out of this, knowing Square Enix, we'll probably only get 2 or 3 Super Mario RPG songs for Geno's stage, which could mean all the music on Geno's stage could be exclusive for his stage. It would also explain why the Mario series has 2 pages on the Music List, one for the songs owned by Nintendo and one for the songs owned by Square Enix.

And those are my predictions for the DLC characters. (I've probably talked too much about Geno on the Banjo-Kazooie Support thread. hehe)

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Banjo is pretty much the only character left who didn't get shafted as an assist trophy. I'd like to think he has a shot at DLC but after today I'm convinced that Ridley and K. Rool are all the fans are getting and the rest is just going to be Smash 4: Electric Boogaloo.

Top Bottom