• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I think between a Namco character. Heihachi and Lloyd have the most likely chances although I wouldn't expect them until DLC.
Both of them had Mii costumes, so they're definitely contenders. I could see one of them being in the base roster and one of them being DLC. If I had to guess, I would bet Heihachi would make it to the base roster and Lloyd would be DLC.

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I don't know why people are still putting stock into Mii costumes. Chocobo and Gil from the Tower of Druga got Mii costumes as did Ashley and Takamaru. Getting a Mii costume is just a fun way to add ways for players to pretend characters who couldn't make it are playable. They aren't any real indicator of consideration for playability.

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
I know it's been shared already but it's important darn it lol. I frequent both Geno and Isaac's thread and they've been super close of late, forming an alliance. I'd like to see all three, but BK is number one! We have to see this through everyone. https://smashpoll.uk/822151

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I don't know why people are still putting stock into Mii costumes. Chocobo and Gil from the Tower of Druga got Mii costumes as did Ashley and Takamaru. Getting a Mii costume is just a fun way to add ways for players to pretend characters who couldn't make it are playable. They aren't any real indicator of consideration for playability.
Playable characters so far that had DLC Mii costumes back in Smash 4 that are in Ultimate

Playable: :ultinkling:,:ultkrool:,:ultchrom:,:ultisabelle:.

Assist Trophies: Ashley, Zero, Knuckles, Takamaru.

There are to many Mii costumes from Smash 4 that are either playable characters or Assist Trophies in Ultimate. So I would put a lot of stock in those costumes. Also, I believe the runner ups got the Assist Trophy treatment, while the most highly voted from the Smash Ballot got to be playable characters.

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Playable characters so far that had DLC Mii costumes back in Smash 4 that are in Ultimate

Playable: :ultinkling:,:ultkrool:,:ultchrom:,:ultisabelle:.

Assist Trophies: Ashley, Zero, Knuckles, Takamaru.

There are to many Mii costumes from Smash 4 that are either playable characters or Assist Trophies in Ultimate. So I would put a lot of stock in those costumes. Also, I believe the runner ups got the Assist Trophy treatment, while the most highly voted from the Smash Ballot got to be playable characters.
Or many of them were already ATs and we easy to port over, Inklings couldn't be added to 4 due to there being no plans to add Nintendo newcomers at the time so this was the only way to add them, Isabelle was the new face of animal crossing and helped promote a new game and the new ATs that had mii cousins are likely due to an increased budget and having those companies from the start. There are far better reasons to view inclusions then who did or did not get Mii costumes.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Or many of them were already ATs and we easy to port over, Inklings couldn't be added to 4 due to there being no plans to add Nintendo newcomers at the time so this was the only way to add them, Isabelle was the new face of animal crossing and helped promote a new game and the new ATs that had mii cousins are likely due to an increased budget and having those companies from the start. There are far better reasons to view inclusions then who did or did not get Mii costumes.
Ridley got in due to his insane popularity in the west which, nobody probably voted for him in the Smash Ballot because he was a boss in the last game during that time. Simon is a gaming icon like: :ultmario:, :ultsonic:,:ultpacman:,:ultmegaman:,:ultryu:, :ultsnake:, and :ultcloud:. So he didn't need the Smash Ballot either because of his legendary status in the video game industry.

The DLC Mii costumes were characters that were obviously taken from the results from the Smash Ballot worldwide.

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Ridley got in due to his insane popularity in the west which, nobody probably voted for him in the Smash Ballot because he was a boss in the last game during that time. Simon is a gaming icon like: :ultmario:, :ultsonic:,:ultpacman:,:ultmegaman:,:ultryu:, :ultsnake:, and :ultcloud:. So he didn't need the Smash Ballot either because of his legendary status in the video game industry.

The DLC Mii costumes were characters that were obviously taken from the results from the Smash Ballot worldwide.
Yes I'm very sure Chocobo and Gil were highly voted. Besides if the Mii costumes are law what are we even doing here? Banjo has no hope he has no costume. But still characters getting a costume means nothing. Do you think the Black Knight was topping the polls? No. The Mii costumes are not good sources for popularity not are they good indictors for who becomes ATs or playable. You can't select select a few and then discount the rest.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Yes I'm very sure Chocobo and Gil were highly voted. Besides if the Mii costumes are law what are we even doing here? Banjo has no hope he has no costume. But still characters getting a costume means nothing. Do you think the Black Knight was topping the polls? No. The Mii costumes are not good sources for popularity not are they good indictors for who becomes ATs or playable. You can't select select a few and then discount the rest.
I always liked the idea the bear with the honeycomb gunner outfit was Sakurai subtly trying to put Banjo in. But that's a big stretch lol

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I believe certain 3rd party characters that were not Mii costumes will make it regardless. Also, the Smash Ballot is from votes from people worldwide, not just people on the Internet or people from big fan community websites like Smashboards. The casuals have more power than you think.

Edit: Black Knight is popular in Japan, so you shouldn't count that out. The votes from Japanese fans are probably the reason why we have :ultchrom: and :ultrichter: in the game.

Last edited:

PurpleStrings16

Smash Cadet
Underrated post. Especially Smash leak youtubers like LaxChris posting any text rumor that comes out of nowhere and gets excited over it.
I knooooowwww.
LaxChris is “a little more on the real side” on every rumor he reviews. I really can’t stand the clickbait, I recently stopped watching him. I actually like Billybo10k though.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I knooooowwww.
LaxChris is “a little more on the real side” on every rumor he reviews. I really can’t stand the clickbait, I recently stopped watching him. I actually like Billybo10k though.
Billybo10k and PapaGenos are the only Smash Youtubers that talk about the potential real leaks.

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
I knooooowwww.
I get so tired of LaxChris's videos but I still click them every dang time

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
Bear fighter was banjo.png

Hmmm?
(the Tie is blue on Male Miis whilst the Tie is red on Female Miis)

If we're scrapping the bottom of the barrel with Mii Fighter costumes then I hope this means something.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I believe certain 3rd party characters that were not Mii costumes will make it regardless. Also, the Smash Ballot is from votes from people worldwide, not just people on the Internet or people from big fan community websites like Smashboards. The casuals have more power than you think.

Edit: Black Knight is popular in Japan, so you shouldn't count that out. The votes from Japanese fans are probably the reason why we have :ultchrom: and :ultrichter: in the game.
No we know the internet is pretty is pretty accurate because K Rool must have done well and he is far from king of the casuals. Also at only 1.8 million votes in the ballot only the hardcore fanbase really voted. As for Chrom yes he had some popularity but it was because he was considered last game and this game he embraced echoes. Richter had nothing to do with popularity he was just lucky that Simon took moves from him so Sakurai decided to add both.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
View attachment 167666

Hmmm?
(the Tie is blue on Male Miis whilst the Tie is red on Female Miis)

If we're scrapping the bottom of the barrel with Mii Fighter costumes then I hope this means something.
I know it's a stretch, But man do I really hope it's Sakurai's way of mentioning them through a subtle reference to say how much they are wanted and how well they did in The Smash Ballot, Even the yellow, blue and red colors raises more speculation.

Last edited:

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
I love theories!

Does Banjo-Kazooie have any super possible theories thrown out there?

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Geno without a doubt will be Banjo-Kazooie's biggest obstacle so far in the bracket, While Banjo-Kazooie are the bigger characters and the star characters of their own franchise, Geno has managed to get a hardcore following, But this is a heavyweight match up right here and it can go either way, But Let's get Banjo-Kazooie into the Finals guys !!!

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
I think Geno's going to beat Banjo just by being attached to the Mario series and having super strong support that dates back as far as I can remember. But I'm rooting for Banjo. Even if he doesn't win though, 2nd place isn't bad, and there are worse characters you could lose to.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I remember Bear Theory from a while back--never noticed the honey gun before. I know... bears like honey, but that kinda adds a little more something to it. Mii costumes, while not an absolute indicator, is a helpful one. We've had Inkling, King K Rool, Chrom and now Isabelle make the jump from mii costume to playable. So while not a one-to-one correspondence, it's still indicative. Also, Geno was the only one to receive a splash art, which may just be legal quirks, but could also mean something potentially.

I really hope Banjo & Kazooie and Geno are our last fighters. Ending on Incineroar like so many people believe would be lame--and much more lamer than SSB4's ending despite what they say. Banjo & Kazooie and Geno have both been wanted since Melee, and both finally have a chance to be in. It's their time!

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I remember Bear Theory from a while back--never noticed the honey gun before. I know... bears like honey, but that kinda adds a little more something to it. Mii costumes, while not an absolute indicator, is a helpful one. We've had Inkling, King K Rool, Chrom and now Isabelle make the jump from mii costume to playable. So while not a one-to-one correspondence, it's still indicative. Also, Geno was the only one to receive a splash art, which may just be legal quirks, but could also mean something potentially.

I really hope Banjo & Kazooie and Geno are our last fighters. Ending on Incineroar like so many people believe would be lame--and much more lamer than SSB4's ending despite what they say. Banjo & Kazooie and Geno have both been wanted since Melee, and both finally have a chance to be in. It's their time!
I hope they are too. I'd be extremely disappointed if we had to wait for characters like Issac, Geno, and Banjo & Kazooie as DLC over someone like Incineroar. I was so mad when the final video presentation for Smash 4 had freaking Corrin and Bayonetta as the final characters.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
No we know the internet is pretty is pretty accurate because K Rool must have done well and he is far from king of the casuals. Also at only 1.8 million votes in the ballot only the hardcore fanbase really voted. As for Chrom yes he had some popularity but it was because he was considered last game and this game he embraced echoes. Richter had nothing to do with popularity he was just lucky that Simon took moves from him so Sakurai decided to add both.
Of course most of the support for King K. Rool came from the hardcore fanbase, I'm not doubting that. But was Isabelle? No, she is the queen for the casuals. Also, this game isn't just for all of us on Smashboards or Smash Reddit, it's for everybody. Sakurai is going to try to please people from every corner of the table this time, so all the top wanted characters on Smashboards or where over on the Internet, ain't going to be the only characters we are getting. Mark my words, Isabelle is not the only major casual wanted character that is going to make it in.

I hope they are too. I'd be extremely disappointed if we had to wait for characters like Issac, Geno, and Banjo & Kazooie as DLC over someone like Incineroar. I was so mad when the final video presentation for Smash 4 had freaking Corrin and Bayonetta as the final characters.
I hated that presentation.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Of course most of the support for King K. Rool came from the hardcore fanbase, I'm not doubting that. But was Isabelle? No, she is the queen for the casuals. Also, this game isn't just for all of us on Smashboards or Smash Reddit, it's for everybody. Sakurai is going to try to please people from every corner of the table this time, so all the top wanted characters on Smashboards or where over on the Internet, ain't going to be the only characters we are getting. Mark my words, Isabelle is not the only major casual wanted character that is going to make it in.

I hated that presentation.
When Bayonetta was the final reveal and apparently the ballot winner for Smash Wii U, I was extremely disappointed and I did not believe she won it, Obviously there was something in the works in the background her 2nd game was Wii U exclusive and she was likely used as a scapegoat to tie in her new game it was released in the same year Smash Wii U came out for godsakes, I and a lot of people didn't believe in that BS when they said she was #1 requested in Europe and Top 5 US or whatever they said

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I'm not denying that there won't be some casual picks but you're statement was saying that online polls weren't accurate which is just false. The people who care enough to do those online polls are the people who voted in the ballot. Isabelle was so big they put her in Mariokart and while I'm not happy about her inclusion she had other factors going for her other than she had a Mii costume or how poorly she did on the ballot. As for pleasing everyone casuals will most likely buy the game regardless, they don't 70% of the roster, to begin with, and when it comes to reveals they will just get caught up in the hype I don't think it's necessary to target them as they will be satisfied anyways at least in my opinion. Not that there isn't a place for casual picks in Smash its just with a game focused on popularity it would be nice if those ballot picks didn't begin and end with K Rool. Though sadly you are right and another casual pick is likely, I just need Sakurai to add Banjo and Isaac on top of those.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'm not denying that there won't be some casual picks but you're statement was saying that online polls weren't accurate which is just false. The people who care enough to do those online polls are the people who voted in the ballot. Isabelle was so big they put her in Mariokart and while I'm not happy about her inclusion she had other factors going for her other than she had a Mii costume or how poorly she did on the ballot. As for pleasing everyone casuals will most likely buy the game regardless, they don't 70% of the roster, to begin with, and when it comes to reveals they will just get caught up in the hype I don't think it's necessary to target them as they will be satisfied anyways at least in my opinion. Not that there isn't a place for casual picks in Smash its just with a game focused on popularity it would be nice if those ballot picks didn't begin and end with K Rool. Though sadly you are right and another casual pick is likely, I just need Sakurai to add Banjo and Isaac on top of those.
I didn't say online polls were inaccurate, I was just saying they are not 100% percent the full results of the Smash Ballot. That is true that casuals will always be satisfied with the roster, but that doesn't mean that they didn't try hard to get their favorite character in the game through the Smash Ballot.

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
When Bayonetta was the final reveal and apparently the ballot winner for Smash Wii U, I was extremely disappointed and I did not believe she won it, Obviously there was something in the works in the background her 2nd game was Wii U exclusive and she was likely used as a scapegoat to tie in her new game it was released in the same year Smash Wii U came out for godsakes, I and a lot of people didn't believe in that BS when they said she was #1 requested in Europe and Top 5 US or whatever they said
I actually didn't mind Bayonetta getting revealed. She was a WTF character for sure and I admired that at least. I know plenty of people hate her, I think she's so different from all the other characters in Smash that she strangely works. Corrin, though, Corrin made me furious. Now that was some blatant product placement to just promote Fire Emblem Fates, just like Roy being promoted in Melee. With the whole Smash Ballot being used to gauge the newcomers for this game, though, I'm hoping we'll see the characters people have been waiting ages for. I mean, we got every veteran back, including Snake, and Ridley and King K. Rool being in, so hopefully this game will please everyone from casuals to the hardcore fans like us.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Yeah I feel steve would be DLC if even in smash ultimate & that video proves it IMO otherwise they would of gave a more PR friendly ansser

Also corrin in smash was diffrent from Roy, roy was a clone in melee to promote is game yes but he was also along with marth THE 1st 2 fire emblem characters! & was cut twice in brawl & smash 4 & brougt back as dlc due to popular demand corrin was BS totaly diffrent IMO

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I didn't say online polls were inaccurate, I was just saying they are not 100% percent the full results of the Smash Ballot. That is true that casuals will always be satisfied with the roster, but that doesn't mean that they didn't try hard to get their favorite character in the game through the Smash Ballot.
See while it's true we can expect some fluctuation, the top picks will look pretty identical Banjo Isaac Geno BD Paper Mario K Rool their placements shuffle around but we know the characters were the ones who would have performed the best. Actually we do know casuals didn't have any major impact on the ballot. There were only 1.8 million votes if we assume that no one goes who didn't own the game and people who bought the 3DS version were the only ones who bought the Wii U version that's 9 million sales versus 1.8 million votes. The casuals didn't really show up to vote.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
yeah casual gamers don't care about that kind of stuff they just buy & eat up anything why do you think loot boxes exist ? casuals just throw around money willy nilly, why do you thing the wii sold so much but the wiiu didn't ? (sure there are way more factors too)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
See while it's true we can expect some fluctuation, the top picks will look pretty identical Banjo Isaac Geno BD Paper Mario K Rool their placements shuffle around but we know the characters were the ones who would have performed the best. Actually we do know casuals didn't have any major impact on the ballot. There were only 1.8 million votes if we assume that no one goes who didn't own the game and people who bought the 3DS version were the only ones who bought the Wii U version that's 9 million sales versus 1.8 million votes. The casuals didn't really show up to vote.
I'm going to mention the Mii costumes one more time. Besides Geno, I believe out of all the other characters that were Mii costumes, Tails has the best shot to make it in and I believe he would be a unique fighter. We would still get Shadow as a Echo Fighter if that happens.

Edit: I remember IGN was campaigning for Tails during the Smash Ballot so that is definitely in his favor.

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I'm going to mention the Mii costumes one more time. Besides Geno, I believe out of all the other characters that were Mii costumes, Tails has the best shot to make it in and I believe he would be a unique fighter. We would still get Shadow as a Echo Fighter if that happens.

Edit: I remember IGN was campaigning for Tails during the Smash Ballot so that is definitely in his favor.
And I'm going to mention that Mii costumes aren't good indicators. Ridley had no costume, Snake had no costume, Wolf had no costume, Simon had no costume, Dark Samus had no costume. Ashley had a costume, Takamaru had a costume, Zero had a costume, Gil had a costume, Dunban had a costume, Knuckles had a costume, Toad had a costume, the dang Flying Man had a Mii costume. There are far better indicators for who will be playable than Mii costumes.

Top Bottom