• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Wow... someone actually stole my package with the Amiibo... didn't see that coming. No one has stolen any package at our place before.
Sorry to hear that man. You got to watch out when your packages are suppose to be arriving because not everyone in your neighborhood can be trusted. Always be on the lookout when your packages are suppose to arrive.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Sorry to hear that man. You got to watch out when your packages are suppose to be arriving because not everyone in your neighborhood can be trusted. Always be on the lookout when your packages are suppose to arrive.
Well I know that now. It isn't always possible to be home when they arrive unfortunately, but we'll try our best.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I swear y'all every time the duo is referred to as "Banjo" or with male pronouns i die a little inside. Why do people gotta do my girl Kazooie like that?
I know right? I always say "Banjo & Kazooie" and not just "Banjo" like most other people do. Does Kazooie not exist or is she not as important as Banjo y'all? Kazooie isn't just a object, she is also the main character too and Banjo's best friend. Banjo wouldn't be special without Kazooie and Kazooie wouldn't be special without Banjo. Both characters make for the lovable and unique duo we all know and love.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
I haven’t posted in this thread in ages so I came here to ask what’s the next step for the Banjo-kazooie fan after you got him in smash?
Probably to get them a new game, but I don't have high hopes for that since they still belong to Microsoft. Maybe to get the original games playable on the Switch? That's what I want! We would probably have to make it widely known that we want that though.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Probably to get them a new game, but I don't have high hopes for that since they still belong to Microsoft. Maybe to get the original games playable on the Switch? That's what I want! We would probably have to make it widely known that we want that though.
New game might be too much to ask and re-release isn’t something new for Banjo I think the next step should be is trying to get him make more appearance in future games and products to continue living

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Something Microsoft and Nintendo is happening this year and I’d be shocked if it doesn’t have anything to do with Banjo. Ports of either the original 2 or a port of Rare Replay as a whole ha been rumored for years now.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I swear y'all every time the duo is referred to as "Banjo" or with male pronouns I die a little inside. Why do people gotta do my girl Kazooie like that?
Remembering things is hard in the Smash fandom.

Are there any sources that claims that truth for what you're saying, sir?
A few reliable insiders have been saying that something's coming.

https://gamingbolt.com/everything-o...omething-including-the-switch-journalist-says

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I swear y'all every time the duo is referred to as "Banjo" or with male pronouns I die a little inside. Why do people gotta do my girl Kazooie like that?
I know right? I always say "Banjo & Kazooie" and not just "Banjo" like most other people do. Does Kazooie not exist or is she not as important as Banjo y'all? Kazooie isn't just a object, she is also the main character too and Banjo's best friend. Banjo wouldn't be special without Kazooie and Kazooie wouldn't be special without Banjo. Both characters make for the lovable and unique duo we all know and love.
It's just quicker to say "Banjo", especially in faster-paced environments like Discord chats, no need to take it seriously.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Are there any sources that claims that truth for what you're saying, sir?
It’s not a leak. It’s teases. Multiple Microsoft livestreams recently have had a Nintendo Switch proudly displayed in the background.

I mean, yes some leakers have come out and said something is happening:
This is Nate who has been known for leaking stuff in the past. I don’t have the time right now to stroll back years and find where people rumored Rare Replay and Master Chief Collection Switch but they did occur.

The Banjo stuff is my speculation but after KI, Battletoads, and now Perfect Dark it’s obvious Rare Properties are important to them and they want to do them right. It’s only my speculation that Nintendo is involved somehow.

Last edited:

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
It's just quicker to say "Banjo", especially in faster-paced environments like Discord chats, no need to take it seriously.
They could just say B&K or BK. I'm sure it's just an abbreviation SOMETIMES, but more often than not I hear that same person refer to them as "he" or "him" shortly after. You can't tell me those pronouns are easier to say than "they" or "them".

It's not the end of the world or anything, but it bugs me. I just don't want Kazooie to be pushed to the background.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
At this point, it's one of two things: Rare Replay or Master Chief Collection.

Of course, since King Zell dropped the hint about Halo ages ago...I'm inclined to believe it's the collection.

They could just say B&K or BK. I'm sure it's just an abbreviation SOMETIMES, but more often than not I hear that same person refer to them as "he" or "him" shortly after. You can't tell me those pronouns are easier to say than "they" or "them".

It's not the end of the world or anything, but it bugs me. I just don't want Kazooie to be pushed to the background.
If it helps you feel better I often use the :ultbanjokazooie: icon for convenience's sake (like any other fighter I refer to).

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
The phil spencer rumor I remember reading up on. If Banjo-kazooie/tooie is on switch I'm definitely copping those two games.

Unless it's Nuts and bolts then I'll be sad, even if it sold for 30 bucks with all the dlc before they stopped after only 1 dlc, I still wouldn't buy it. Already did my time on the game and near 100% already, no more pain.

I just tend to say banjo cause it's easier to type in other places. Can't go saying duo cause some might interpret me talking bout pyra/mythra (pythra some have said to fuse their names together) or Ice climbers and BK makes me think of Burger King.

So if I really needed to mention the duo in any shape or form in SB, I'd prolly just use their Stock icon to make things easier.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I haven’t posted in this thread in ages so I came here to ask what’s the next step for the Banjo-kazooie fan after you got him in smash?
I'm of the opinion they should do a Banjo-Redooie, an N-Sane Trilogy style remaster of the two games so that whoever does the remaster has already worked out the kinks of how to make a Banjo-Kazooie game before moving on to a Threeie. I feel like going straight to a Threeie risks running into doing too much at once, having to recapture the essence of the old ones while making something new. Do the former first, before doing the latter.

As for my realistic expectations, I was hoping Xcloud on Switch so in addition to playing the Banjo-Kazooie games, I could also play high end titles that couldn't natively run on Switch, but insiders have said Nintendo is against most streaming services coming to the system. Nintendo just knows how to perpetually miss opportunities. Outside of that, either ports for NSO N64, or Rare Replay on Switch. Though, if they do Rare Replay for Switch, please change the box art so the N64 versions are on the cover!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

BK sounds like a hamburger joint lol! Imagine "BK's Jiggy & Fries" like, imagine the cheese being shaped like a Jiggy that would be awesome.

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
BK sounds like a hamburger joint lol! Imagine "BK's Jiggy & Fries" like, imagine the cheese being shaped like a Jiggy that would be awesome.
"Only food purchased at McJiggy's may be eaten within." (Banjo-Tooie) vs. "BK's Jiggy & Fries..."

Ah yes... the competition within the fast food industry... This is sounding quite familiar...

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
"Only food purchased at McJiggy's may be eaten within." (Banjo-Tooie) vs. "BK's Jiggy & Fries..."

Ah yes... the competition within the fast food industry... This is sounding quite familiar...
: Who needs BK's or McJiggy's when you could go to Grunty's Fine Diner & Babe! A high quality treatment you'll get here as hot me as your waiter!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
... And with Jamjars' Confections and Mumbo Jumbolaya, we could have a very diverse menu!
: Mumbo won't be able to resist hot little young me! I'll put him under my love spell to force him to sell his food chain over to moi! Money and riches await for me oh boy! Gold and silver I will bask in galore!

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I'm of the opinion they should do a Banjo-Redooie, an N-Sane Trilogy style remaster of the two games so that whoever does the remaster has already worked out the kinks of how to make a Banjo-Kazooie game before moving on to a Threeie. I feel like going straight to a Threeie risks running into doing too much at once, having to recapture the essence of the old ones while making something new. Do the former first, before doing the latter.

As for my realistic expectations, I was hoping Xcloud on Switch so in addition to playing the Banjo-Kazooie games, I could also play high end titles that couldn't natively run on Switch, but insiders have said Nintendo is against most streaming services coming to the system. Nintendo just knows how to perpetually miss opportunities. Outside of that, either ports for NSO N64, or Rare Replay on Switch. Though, if they do Rare Replay for Switch, please change the box art so the N64 versions are on the cover!
While I'm all for going the "N.Sane Trilogy" route as that is my 1st option, I'm somewhat intrigued if they do happen to go the reboot route all together like they kind of did with Killer Instinct, Battletoads and Perfect Dark.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I am not that knowledgeable about pokémon, but are they not captured and made into a team as a choice made by their trainers? Could it not be argued that they are not truly 'partners?'
You somewhat have a point. But like with some owners and the Pokemon in the anime, if a trainer and their Pokemon truly love each other, I would call them partners. Red or Ash's Pokemon are definitely partners.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Me personally, I just want Banjo & Kazooie to not fall back into video game obscurity like they had for so many years before their triumphant return in Smash. While I would absolutely love to see a proper Banjo-Threeie sequel, I just don't know who could possibly be up to the task of creating a whole new sequel for the bear and bird and keep that old school charm of the original pair of N64 classics. I mainly would love to see Banjo & Kazooie make their proper return to Nintendo consoles with either ports or remasters of Banjo-Kazooie & Banjo-Tooie on the Nintendo Switch. I feel that would be most realistic at this point in time. Plus, having two of my all-time favorite games available on the go would be a dream come true.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Saw this in a discord, wanted to share
View attachment 228662

Also I learned the other day that they're Married in Nuts and bolts. And I have to ask. WHY???? THEY'RE MEANT TO BE RIVALS!!!! THEY'RE NOT EVEN THE SAME SPECIES (I think?) I feel like being married goes against their character. Especially after like one game.
Aw, poor Humba. Mumbo deserved that!

Top Bottom