• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Guys I found this awesome Greenhorn Forest remix in the Banjo-Kazooie soundfont:

It fits right in Banjo-Kazooie very nicely as if it was a original track for the game.

I would love to be wrong, but if any other popular Assist Trophy is getting promoted in Ultimate besides Spring Man it's definitely going to be Waluigi or Isaac. Krystal I think has a better shot getting into Smash 6 than Ultimate and I will be willing to wait for her inclusion if I have to wait that much longer. Yeah, it sucks she probably won't be in Ultimate with all the veterans, but if it was up to me I would make her a newcomer in Ultimate.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Wario World and its music is severely underrated. Wish it got a sequel.

Tbh I don't really get that Kirkhope feel from this remix outside of the tuba and flute here or there.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Wario World and its music is severely underrated. Wish it got a sequel.

Tbh I don't really get that Kirkhope feel from this remix outside of the tuba and flute here or there.
While it’s a similar instrumentation, it’s missing his signature oompa oompa rhythm and simple melodies. Though since it’s a remix, I can understand why that’s the case.

There’s a pro Banjo player who uses original music using the Banjo-Kazooie sound font in his streams, and is more similar, but is in that uncanny valley territory. Shows the genius of Kirkhope—despite being labelled by critics as one-note circus music, his style is both diverse (covering many genres) while remaining distinct.

Thewafflemaker2000

Smash Apprentice
If banjo was in the subspace emissary, what would his story be about and what characters would he be paired/sparred with? I think he would be portrayed either like link exploring a forest or yoshi sleeping on a stump.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
If banjo was in the subspace emissary, what would his story be about and what characters would he be paired/sparred with? I think he would be portrayed either like link exploring a forest or yoshi sleeping on a stump.
I think Banjo & Kazooie would be in the jungle area like in their reveal trailer and they would bump into Diddy and DK and they would take on Bowser together.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I got my dream character, Banjo & Kazooie, so I'm satisified, regardless of how the rest of the roster comes out. Though, my number 1 pick now is Crash. Much like how I wanted Banjo & Kazooie to complete the Nintendo character line-up for me, I'd like Crash as Mario/Sonic/Crash are the iconic trilogy of the 90s, and I'd like to see that complete. Plus he'd be a great character, and iconic enough to warrant their inclusion.

Edit: Edited to change the Pit/Palutena contrast with Bowser/Bowser Jr. Despite similar origins, I can't think of any similarities in their moves.
You should really check the Crash Bandicoot thread out as there are quite a bit of Banjo-Kazooie supporters that have migrated over there pulling for the orange marsupial, (Including myself.)

Any support there is good, But seeing some regulars who like the same type of games and characters such as Banjo-Kazooie on there makes it feel even better.

The more the Merrier.

DougEfresh

Smash Journeyman
So I just wanted to come in here and say that earlier today I participated in a crew battle for the Banjo/Fox smashcord JMU we had this week and we won 8-0!

Fox is a character that I've always had personal difficulty with as far as match ups go and this was my first CB (between nerves and my remaining personal struggles against fox, I didn't play as well as I wish I did, but still managed to take one of the very last stocks from the foxes in the crew battle), but it was still great to be a part of representing the bear and bird and showing what they can do against other characters!

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
So I just wanted to come in here and say that earlier today I participated in a crew battle for the Banjo/Fox smashcord JMU we had this week and we won 8-0!
Ah I was taking glances at that every now and then, you got 2 stocks I believe right?

I was surprised at Fox being the crew to lose tbh. Seemed kj and one or two other foxes was the best they had while the level for most of the banjo's seemed near similar outside of the one that took 8 stocks.

DougEfresh

Smash Journeyman
Ah I was taking glances at that every now and then, you got 2 stocks I believe right?

I was surprised at Fox being the crew to lose tbh. Seemed kj and one or two other foxes was the best they had while the level for most of the banjo's seemed near similar outside of the one that took 8 stocks.
Yea fraudit and shellix definitely carried us a bit, ngl. They took 14 of the foxes' stocks out of 24, haha. I almost took the last stock of Kj's fox, but I honestly played much less patiently than I should have and he was by far the best fox practice I got leading up to the CB (and the only one who knew when and how to pressure banjo and play the match up right). So anyway, I took one of his and Ice finished off the last stock of Kj's.

I definitely think it's not a good Banjo MU, especially offline (probably just -1 though), but it's valuable learning experience of how to work around aggressive rushdown characters and that's an essential weakness of Banjo's to overcome and mitigate to play him well.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
You should really check the Crash Bandicoot thread out as there are quite a bit of Banjo-Kazooie supporters that have migrated over there pulling for the orange marsupial, (Including myself.)

Any support there is good, But seeing some regulars who like the same type of games and characters such as Banjo-Kazooie on there makes it feel even better.

The more the Merrier.
I am thinking about it, I think I’m a supporter (have to check), it’s just after getting Banjo & Kazooie there’s a feeling of not wanting to ask “for more” haha I’m satisfied, and felt like taking a break from hard speculation, though Crash would be a great inclusion. I haven’t even been in the social thread or speculation thread in so long—I’ve thought about it, but generally have only been posting here. I will likely go back at some point, and if any character is getting my support, it’s going to be Crash.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I am thinking about it, I think I’m a supporter (have to check), it’s just after getting Banjo & Kazooie there’s a feeling of not wanting to ask “for more” haha I’m satisfied, and felt like taking a break from hard speculation, though Crash would be a great inclusion. I haven’t even been in the social thread or speculation thread in so long—I’ve thought about it, but generally have only been posting here. I will likely go back at some point, and if any character is getting my support, it’s going to be Crash.
I feel somewhat similar as Goemon is my only S tier want left, but it wouldn't hurt to pop up in a thread for another character you want once in awhile.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I am thinking about it, I think I’m a supporter (have to check), it’s just after getting Banjo & Kazooie there’s a feeling of not wanting to ask “for more” haha I’m satisfied, and felt like taking a break from hard speculation
I feel more done with wanting third-party characters than with wanting characters, period. Not to say there's no more I'd be fine with, but with Banjo and Terry in and Doomguy seeming highly unlikely, I focus more on first-parties.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I feel more done with wanting third-party characters than with wanting characters, period. Not to say there's no more I'd be fine with, but with Banjo and Terry in and Doomguy seeming highly unlikely, I focus more on first-parties.
Same here. A majority of the characters I want left are like 99% Nintendo. Only 3rd party characters I really want left are Goemon, Zero, Tron Bonne, Shantae, Chun-Li, and a Soul Calibur rep like Yoshimitsu or Nightmare.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm not particularly concerned about who's coming next, at least with :ultridley: and :ultkrool:finally in here, fans in general will actually start paying attention to the rest of Nintendo nowadays.

Starting with Pauline, who thankfully got a shot in the arm for her popularity via Odyssey after being on the sidelines for so long.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'm not particularly concerned about who's coming next, at least with :ultridley: and :ultkrool:finally in here, fans in general will actually start paying attention to the rest of Nintendo nowadays.

Starting with Pauline, who thankfully got a shot in the arm for her popularity via Odyssey after being on the sidelines for so long.
Hopefully by the next Smash more people will be supporting the Rare girls Krystal and Dixie Kong now that the big bois are in.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Alrighty, we're officially in June now, which means it's almost time for us to find out who the ARMS fighter is going to be; personally, my money's on Spring Man with others like Ribbon Girl, Min Min, and Twintelle as alternate costumes.

Also, keeping my fingers crossed that we maybe hopefully possibly maybe find out who Challenger Pack 7 is going to be.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Alrighty, we're officially in June now, which means it's almost time for us to find out who the ARMS fighter is going to be; personally, my money's on Spring Man with others like Ribbon Girl, Min Min, and Twintelle as alternate costumes.

Also, keeping my fingers crossed that we maybe hopefully possibly maybe find out who Challenger Pack 7 is going to be.
That and we are also nearly approaching the 1 year anniversary of our bear and bird duo getting announced for Smash. Man time surely does fly and it's still as surreal as it was last June to see them in the game.

DougEfresh

Smash Journeyman
I'm hopeful that the ARMS character gets revealed/dropped earlier this month so we can be that much closer to getting the reveal of FP7 and beyond. I don't have any prior exposure to the series and I really don't mean any disrespect (from a gameplay perspective, it could very well be interesting), but I still have some leftover bitter taste in my mouth from how Nintendo handled the situation at the end of March's mini-direct and did a pseudo-reveal without giving anything useful or pertinent to get excited about or meaningfully discuss until release. I'd also like to know who FP7 and potentially FP8 are before I commit to buying the full FP2.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I'm hopeful that the ARMS character gets revealed/dropped earlier this month so we can be that much closer to getting the reveal of FP7 and beyond. I don't have any prior exposure to the series and I really don't mean any disrespect (from a gameplay perspective, it could very well be interesting), but I still have some leftover bitter taste in my mouth from how Nintendo handled the situation at the end of March's mini-direct and did a pseudo-reveal without giving anything useful or pertinent to get excited about or meaningfully discuss until release. I'd also like to know who FP7 and potentially FP8 are before I commit to buying the full FP2.
I can understand it to a certain extent—that bitterness is how I felt with the Nov 2018 Direct—even taking out the leak nonsense, it felt like a tone deaf way to market the game. Same with FP5–while I had no issue with it personally since I’m content, leaving the most obvious inclusion for a standalone Direct with no prior announcement was a poor choice. And ARMS is even worse, since it doesn’t even feel like a Smash announcement, it’s done in the same vein as a Mario Tennis announcement. No hype, no tension, just there it is.

However, I suspect plans might have changed slightly due to the pandemic. It seems so unlike Smash, and given how short it is, it feels like there would have been a full trailer reveal, but they were unable to finish it and instead made a quick announcement of an announcement in its place. I have no evidence to believe that, but that’s the vibe that came across to me.

Makes me wonder how the announcement is going to be done. We know FP6 will be announced and released this month, that’s pretty much it. Will it be a Banjo & Kazooie style shadow drop since we already know it’s ARMS, or will it be a couple weeks given they need to prepare marketing materials like with Byleth since the exact fighter is still a secret. If it’s the latter we might get the announcement next week, if not it could be at the end of the month. And while I would love a Sakurai presents style breakdown, part of me thinks given the work-at-home conditions they might opt to simply have a short presentation with a trailer and not go in depth as previous entries. We will see soon enough.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
We got Pokémon news yesterday, and big Direct and/or Smash news generally follow in the week following Pokémon news, so with any luck we may hear about the ARMS announcement next week.

Also, has anyone seen B-K spirits in this week's spirit event?

DougEfresh

Smash Journeyman
I can understand it to a certain extent—that bitterness is how I felt with the Nov 2018 Direct—even taking out the leak nonsense, it felt like a tone deaf way to market the game. Same with FP5–while I had no issue with it personally since I’m content, leaving the most obvious inclusion for a standalone Direct with no prior announcement was a poor choice. And ARMS is even worse, since it doesn’t even feel like a Smash announcement, it’s done in the same vein as a Mario Tennis announcement. No hype, no tension, just there it is.

However, I suspect plans might have changed slightly due to the pandemic. It seems so unlike Smash, and given how short it is, it feels like there would have been a full trailer reveal, but they were unable to finish it and instead made a quick announcement of an announcement in its place. I have no evidence to believe that, but that’s the vibe that came across to me.

Makes me wonder how the announcement is going to be done. We know FP6 will be announced and released this month, that’s pretty much it. Will it be a Banjo & Kazooie style shadow drop since we already know it’s ARMS, or will it be a couple weeks given they need to prepare marketing materials like with Byleth since the exact fighter is still a secret. If it’s the latter we might get the announcement next week, if not it could be at the end of the month. And while I would love a Sakurai presents style breakdown, part of me thinks given the work-at-home conditions they might opt to simply have a short presentation with a trailer and not go in depth as previous entries. We will see soon enough.
I think a substantial reason for my distaste of how Nintendo went about the ARMS reveal was also the fact that the entire direct was very suddenly announced about a half hour before it aired. Doing that really left no room to build up hype or tension to get excited about for much of anything presented in that March direct mini imo, and to half-assedly announce the series of the new character without revealing who it is (or at least who the main character default is going to be, whether we get alts is a different story) just felt like adding insult to injury. Granted, it was actually pretty cool seeing the final trailer for XC:DE at that time and getting a release date for it.

Whatever circumstances around that time might have justifiably affected how Smash-related content was handled and announced, but I still disagree with the potential alternative decision they went with (but I'm the mad man who would be willing to wait pretty much as long as it takes to get genuine and complete character reveal/presentation announcements). I know what you mean about how Byleth and their presentation was handled as I felt the same way all around. Already having Banjo & Kazooie definitely helped me have any feelings of mild annoyance about it quickly subside, though.

I could see a reveal for who the ARMS character is in the next 2 weeks, then maybe have the actual character drop be in the later half of the month similar to Byleth. Not sure how quickly the dev team usually wraps up any balance changes for each patch, but I could see them wanting/needing to do some final tests for patch 8.0 to make sure there aren't any bugs and glitches associated with it should there be a bit of a delay between character reveal announcement and when they drop.

IronWarrior94

Smash Journeyman
Hey Banjo fans, was just skimming through the pages that was leading up to Banjo's reveal, as I love seeing the uncertainty and doubt of a highly requested character become hype, vindication, and just all around happiness and good feels when the reveal finally happens, and for context I'm speaking as a Ridley fan here.
Unfortunately this is super late, but congrats on getting B&K. I just bought Banjo recently and he feels great to play as IMO.

As for the small ARMS discussion going on here, I never played the game but based on what I've seen of the characters, I'm hoping it's Dr. Coyle, because she has a cool design and the combo of a female villain rep would be very appreciated. Keeping my expectations in check however since from what I've heard Min-Min is the most popular character (wouldn't mind her tho) and as Sakurai and the Smash team have proven time again, fanmade restrictions are never set in stone, so Springman and Ribbon Girl still have a chance despite already being in Smash as an assist trophy and spirits.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Hey Banjo fans, was just skimming through the pages that was leading up to Banjo's reveal, as I love seeing the uncertainty and doubt of a highly requested character become hype, vindication, and just all around happiness and good feels when the reveal finally happens, and for context I'm speaking as a Ridley fan here.
Unfortunately this is super late, but congrats on getting B&K. I just bought Banjo recently and he feels great to play as IMO.

As for the small ARMS discussion going on here, I never played the game but based on what I've seen of the characters, I'm hoping it's Dr. Coyle, because she has a cool design and the combo of a female villain rep would be very appreciated. Keeping my expectations in check however since from what I've heard Min-Min is the most popular character (wouldn't mind her tho) and as Sakurai and the Smash team have proven time again, fanmade restrictions are never set in stone, so Springman and Ribbon Girl still have a chance despite already being in Smash as an assist trophy and spirits.
It's awesome looking back, though also a bit frustrating how so many rewrite history to make Ridley, K Rool, and Banjo & Kazooie into being "obviously in." There was so much doubt, particularly the "Erdrick vs Banjo" debates, which are now hilarious in hindsight. Of course there were the rumors, and I did hope rumors would come sooner than later, but then regretted that wish as when I watched non-fans reactions, I was surprised how many heard of the rumors (particularly since the big one only came the week before, at that point, just wait and allow people to be surprised). I was hoping it stayed in our circle, but they spread, and so the reactions were less, "Wait, what?!" and more, "Ah, the rumors were true."

I know when Hero was revealed, admittedly I got a chilling sensation, thinking there was going to be only one character, stoned-faced. :rotfl: For me, right up until the Smash Villains intro, I was certain there'd only be one reveal. Made the Banjo & Kazooie reveal that much more cathartic for me.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Well, we just don't know. It's been said repeatedly that Nintendo is calling shots on DLC choices this time, and ARMS seems like where they would have the most control. It's hard to tell what will be the actual outcome.

It's awesome looking back, though also a bit frustrating how so many rewrite history to make Ridley, K Rool, and Banjo & Kazooie into being "obviously in." There was so much doubt, particularly the "Erdrick vs Banjo" debates, which are now hilarious in hindsight. Of course there were the rumors, and I did hope rumors would come sooner than later, but then regretted that wish as when I watched non-fans reactions, I was surprised how many heard of the rumors (particularly since the big one only came the week before, at that point, just wait and allow people to be surprised). I was hoping it stayed in our circle, but they spread, and so the reactions were less, "Wait, what?!" and more, "Ah, the rumors were true."

I know when Hero was revealed, admittedly I got a chilling sensation, thinking there was going to be only one character, stoned-faced. :rotfl: For me, right up until the Smash Villains intro, I was certain there'd only be one reveal. Made the Banjo & Kazooie reveal that much more cathartic for me.
Goes to show, the Smash fanbase isn't as insular as the average hardcore fan would think. Any casual fan with online access can hear of anything if they set their mind to proper researching.

As for how I felt, while I was happy about how the Hero base character/alt situation turned out to be completely different from what's been talked about in the past several months, I had a sinking feeling that the 5Chan leak that was blindly parroted so much turned out to be true.

That is, until the trailer with :ultdk: came up. All my uncertainties were dashed the second that Jiggy bounced on screen, if only you could have seen how giddy I was when that happened.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

I had a similar sensation when Bayonetta was revealed - Corrin was disappointing for me, and Bayonetta's trailer starting with Pit didn't do much to raise expectations. (the use of the word "climax" beforehand gave me some hope, but my first thought was that they were trying to claim that a Kid Icarus character was the ballot winner even though it had already gotten a ton of new content in Smash 4)

I don't remember how I felt after Hero's trailer was revealed - I wanted Banjo to make it into Smash, I know that Shinobi's posts (combined with a large amount of B-K merchandise suddenly being produced) had made me feel like it was possible, and I thought it might happen because we've traditionally had multiple character reveals at E3, but I didn't want to get my hopes up that Banjo could actually make it into Smash. (though one of my most upvoted posts on Reddit was me saying the day before that presentation that if Banjo and Kazooie make it into Smash, E3 would be the best time to reveal it since it would be a pretty big deal for them to be working with another console maker)

It was so satisfying to see that Jiggy bounce across the screen, though.

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
It's funny, since we're discussing E3 last year and the anniversary of Hero and Banjo's reveal on the horizon, but I remember seeing Hero's trailer and actually being pretty excited! First off, it wasn't Erdrick like I was expecting, so that was surprising, and then we find out he's a four-in-one fighter with Heroes from the various Dragon Quest games and I got pretty damn excited at all the moves he had! It only made it sweeter as well when the beloved backpacking bear and bird buddies made their return in the end of the Direct. Two big franchises with lots of history with Nintendo, albeit more so from different countries than worldwide, but it was an amazing double reveal and I loved Hero's reveal as much as Banjo's ^^

That said, I'm really hoping we see our ARMS representative soon, I'm super stoked that game is finally getting the playable representation it deserves and I'm really hoping my theory is correct and we're getting a multiple-in-one character like Bowser Jr. and Hero with Spring Man hopefully getting upgraded from Assist Trophy to playable with possibly Ribbon Girl, Ninjara, and Min Min as alts if its a 4-in-1 fighter or Kid Cobra, Twintelle, Helix, and/or Lola Pop as additional alts if its an 8-in-1 fighter, based on the fact they're all similar builds to Spring Man. It'll be so cool seeing their amazing stretchy style in Smash with so many other colorful Nintendo franchises.

Also super excited to see who FP7 will be. It's gonna be interesting seeing how this Fighter Pass turns out as we head on through the year. Hopefully they'll be a lot of variety in the 2nd Fighter Pass and not just more human/anime-style characters. I'll give ARMS a pass since they're mostly pretty cartoony compared to a lot of the previous fighters in the past DLC and Fighter Pass 1.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Hey There Banjoroo's, i'm playing Arms right now so i can get an idea on how the characters play. the game is decent so far yet i might've kept the difficulty of the grand prix into a minimal so next time i can fix it.
Currently i'm playing Helix and cleared both Mechanica and Lola Pop. i'm saving the main requested/main characters for last and will end the grand prix with Min Min.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Bayonetta's trailer starting with Pit didn't do much to raise expectations. (the use of the word "climax" beforehand gave me some hope, but my first thought was that they were trying to claim that a Kid Icarus character was the ballot winner even though it had already gotten a ton of new content in Smash 4)
It's interesting that you had thought that, it's uncommon for me to see someone who wouldn't have instinctively seen Bayo as a salt bombshell, at least outside of any support threads for her.

I don't remember how I felt after Hero's trailer was revealed - I wanted Banjo to make it into Smash, I know that Shinobi's posts (combined with a large amount of B-K merchandise suddenly being produced) had made me feel like it was possible, and I thought it might happen because we've traditionally had multiple character reveals at E3, but I didn't want to get my hopes up that Banjo could actually make it into Smash. (though one of my most upvoted posts on Reddit was me saying the day before that presentation that if Banjo and Kazooie make it into Smash, E3 would be the best time to reveal it since it would be a pretty big deal for them to be working with another console maker)
You could say that seeing legitimate clues and thinking outside the box paid off on this one.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

The detractors will always try to make themselves look like the good guys and act like they were always right beside the victors when they were really not. They will do the same with Geno after he get's in this game.

Top Bottom