• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
I'm not sure how best to put this, but I think a lot of times you make posts in this thread that don't seem to have the logic all quite thought out and you immediately jump to the worst case scenario. The video game industry is a multibillion dollar business, there is 0% chance video games will ever be banned in America. I would advise exercising a little more caution with the doomsday scenario posts.

The last thing that is going to be affected is a cartoony mascot game like Smash.
Yeah sorry. I feel bad now.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Yeah sorry. I feel bad now.
Yeah, no need to feel bad--on the bright side, the world is a lot less bad than it may initially appear to you! A lot of the crazier talk tends to just be theater--to distract people and further a much more mundane agenda. Where the things that are truly concerning tend to be the mundane day-to-day stuff we all experience, that when taken as a whole, is shown to be problematic and needs fixing.

(while technically political, it's broad enough to not single any particular person or issue)

Also, while I haven't played Minecraft, there's a lot of neat Banjo-Kazooie stuff that's been done to draw inspiration from. It's crazy how people make this stuff.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
So hang on- in the Xbox version of Banjo Kazooie, I'm assuming he doesn't play a Gameboy or have the N64 in his house, right? What did they do instead?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
So hang on- in the Xbox version of Banjo Kazooie, I'm assuming he doesn't play a Gameboy or have the N64 in his house, right? What did they do instead?
He still plays the Game Boy, there's just no start up sound.

Also the N64 is still there and makes a cameo in Nuts and Bolts.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
He still plays the Game Boy, there's just no start up sound.

Also the N64 is still there and makes a cameo in Nuts and Bolts.
I'm surprised Microsoft was okay with keeping those Nintendo references. Then again, I'm surprised they let Banjo into Smash in the first place, so who know what's going on there.

ze9

Smash Ace
Phil Spencer said that Nintendo and MS often work together on Rare's IPs, they probably had Nintendo's okay for leaving the GB and the N64 in the games.
It's a good thing to be nice. You start with stuff like that and you finish with Banjo in Smash :')

dlewis53

Smash Lord
:( Sorry for being off topic a lot. Just thought everyone wants to know the government is blaming video games again while we are so close to Banjo's return home. :( I am worried they might try to get them banned before the duo returns. :(
Dude, seriously, why do you keep sounding so paranoid? Relax! Nothing's going to keep the Dynamic Duo from Smash Ultimate. All we have to do is wait until the fall, which, when compared to the multiple years spent wondering if they'd ever be in the game period, is a walk in the park by comparison.

Justin Little

Smash Ace
I remember the Donkey Kong plushie was left in Tooie (though everything else related to DK was removed) and Diddy Kong Racing was even name dropped at the end of Nuts N Bolts. I was a bit surprised about the later considering they removed the Diddy Kong Racing related question from one of the games. I guess Nintendo was okay with it.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Dude, seriously, why do you keep sounding so paranoid? Relax! Nothing's going to keep the Dynamic Duo from Smash Ultimate. All we have to do is wait until the fall, which, when compared to the multiple years spent wondering if they'd ever be in the game period, is a walk in the park by comparison.
Right. Think positive thoughts. Like a hopeful Galarian Form of Gardevoir.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I think the only models they changed in the XBox versions were the N64 cartridges in Tooie’s start menu; they replaced them with XBox game cases. Didn’t make sense next to an N64 but okay.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Everybody! I heard from a comment on YouTube, Phil Spencer is about done with our bear and bird and is willing to allow Rare to return to Nintendo! You know what this means if it happens?! Conker comes back! Perfect Dark comes back! Banjo-Threeie! I hope this statement is real!

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Everybody! I heard from a comment on YouTube, Phil Spencer is about done with our bear and bird and is willing to allow Rare to return to Nintendo! You know what this means if it happens?! Conker comes back! Perfect Dark comes back! Banjo-Threeie! I hope this statement is real!
Source? Because if this really is the case, that would be amazing! Banjo in Smash in a sense kind of seems like a step in that direction.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Come on man, Are you really going to believe a random comment on Youtube like that ?

Microsoft isn't going to let Rare go just like that as they spent nearly $400 Million to acquire the studio back in 2002 even if they have underutilized them, They know that Rare's library is pretty valuable and would rather keep it for themselves.

For years a lot of fans want to see it happen so they constantly say things like this to force themselves to believe that there may be a slim chance it can actually happen.

Nintendo had their chance to buy them out and unfortunately declined and Microsoft was there waiting for the OK to pick them up.

Don't get me wrong I would love for it to happen ,But doubt it would.

We should consider ourselves lucky and thankful that even under the ownership of a "Competitor" in Microsoft and Phil Spencer running the Xbox division they have no problem and are willing to play ball regarding Rare IP/Content on Nintendo's platform.

Last edited:

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
My bet is that if Banjo's DLC and Rare Replay sell well, then maybe we can get a new Banjo game for Switch and Xbox.

Then one day, we can finally get the BK/DK crossover game we deserve.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I still believe current Rare doesn't give a crap about it's old IPs and we aren't getting Rare Replay on Switch or a new Banjo game unless someone licenses the IP from Rare like Battletoads or KI.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

StormC

Smash Hero
I still believe current Rare doesn't give a crap about it's old IPs and we aren't getting Rare Replay on Switch or a new Banjo game unless someone licenses the IP from Rare like Battletoads or KI.
Rare Replay might be a stretch because a lot of those games rely on Xbox emulation, but I could definitely see the Banjo games at least get ported to Switch. That'd be more Microsoft's call than anybody else's and they're already plenty happy working with Nintendo. 4J Studios did both the original XBLA ports and the Minecraft Switch port so it would be pretty trivial to enlist them to put the Banjo games there.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
It's not ideal, but Banjo could make a fun secret character in a third Donkey Kong Country Returns game.

He has the roll attack, Kazooie could be hidden in barrels a la Diddy/Dixie/Cranky...

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
It's not ideal, but Banjo could make a fun secret character in a third Donkey Kong Country Returns game.

He has the roll attack, Kazooie could be hidden in barrels a la Diddy/Dixie/Cranky...
Banjo needs to be in Kart 9.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
I'd love to hear about it!
Alright! The boss fight involves Banjo and Kazooie facing robotic replicas of themselves. However, these robots will not be pushovers. They will use many of the duo's famous moves, including the Beak Bomb, Egg Shot and even the Wonderwing! The fight will be 5 phases long, and the designs of the robots will be the duo's Nuts & Bolts designs, to those wishing to destroy those, abomnations, of our bear and bird. Maybe I will even throw in the magic wrench in their attacks, to torture Banjo & Kazooie by reminding them of Nuts & Bolts. As for the theme...well, I have chosen a sutible track!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Just keep in mind, making a fan game is a lot harder than it sounds, especially if you're looking for a dedicated programmer. Just ask the Mother 4 crew. Heck, there are Mega Man fan games that have been developed for years and still haven't been released.

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Rare Replay might be a stretch because a lot of those games rely on Xbox emulation, but I could definitely see the Banjo games at least get ported to Switch. That'd be more Microsoft's call than anybody else's and they're already plenty happy working with Nintendo. 4J Studios did both the original XBLA ports and the Minecraft Switch port so it would be pretty trivial to enlist them to put the Banjo games there.
If Microsoft wanted to demand them to put Banjo on Switch then yeah I'd agree but Microsoft doesn't seem to roll that way. Think back to earlier when Microsoft said if Rare wanted to put Rare Replay on Switch they could and then Rare said it wasn't happening, or with Cuphead, Microsoft just asked the studio if they wanted to put the game on Switch. They could just get 4J to do it sure but I still think Microsoft would leave it up to Rare to get that ball rolling. So yeah I don't see Phil making Rare port the games.

Last edited:

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Just keep in mind, making a fan game is a lot harder than it sounds, especially if you're looking for a dedicated programmer. Just ask the Mother 4 crew. Heck, there are Mega Man fan games that have been developed for years and still haven't been released.
Oh worry not, I will be asking for help. Especially for the special boss fight. As phase three is a direct Nuts & Bolts reference! Mecha Banjo and Mecha Kazooie reveal they stole the magic wrench from the bin of games to be forgotten, and use it to summon a vehicle! The real bear and bird reference how they do not want to be reminded of that game and the mecha versions tell them too bad, they're reminding them.

Would everyone like to know what my fan game is about? I tell ya now, it's a bit darker than your traditional Banjo-Kazooie platformer, yes it will be a collect-a-thon platformer, to stay traditional.

:( All I got was likes on my previous reply. No one wants to hear what my fan game is about? :(

Eh, guess you are all busy. I can wait.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
It's been mentioned several times before and it would still take some work emulation wise too, But if Nintendo can play ball again with Microsoft then they can replace the Xbox titles with Nintendo/Rareware era games.

Microsoft Era:

Grabbed by the Ghoulies (Xbox)
Perfect Dark Zero (Xbox 360)
Kameo (Xbox 360)
JetPac: Refueled (Xbox 360)
Viva Piñata (Xbox 360)
Viva Piñata 2 (Xbox 360)
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts (Xbox 360)

Nintendo Era:

Donkey Kong Country Trilogy (SNES)
Diddy Kong Racing (N64)
Donkey Kong 64 (N64)
Star Fox Adventures (Gamecube)

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Nintendo doesn't need Rare's involvement for any of those Nintendo Era games besides Diddy Kong Racing so I can't see them being included. They'd probably want games that they need Rare's cooperation for. Maybe they'd include more GB and GBA games instead, like the THQ GBA four, Conker's Pocket Tales, etc.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
It's been mentioned several times before and it would still take some work emulation wise too, But if Nintendo can play ball again with Microsoft then they can replace the Xbox titles with Nintendo/Rareware era games.

Microsoft Era:

Grabbed by the Ghoulies (Xbox)
Perfect Dark Zero (Xbox 360)
Kameo (Xbox 360)
JetPac: Refueled (Xbox 360)
Viva Piñata (Xbox 360)
Viva Piñata 2 (Xbox 360)
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts (Xbox 360)

Nintendo Era:

Donkey Kong Country Trilogy (SNES)
Diddy Kong Racing (N64)
Donkey Kong 64 (N64)
Star Fox Adventures (Gamecube)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Conker's Bad Fur Day on the Replay as well? I feel like Nintendo might still want that one as another game to sell the product. Nintendo's done a really good job maintaining their family friendly image while also having third party support for more mature games. I could imagine they could do a header in a direct about the replay coming "...Including classics like Bajo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie, yada yada, yackity Schmackity, and Conker's Bad Fur Day", without putting too much focus on it.

StormC

Smash Hero
Nintendo doesn't need Rare's involvement for any of those Nintendo Era games besides Diddy Kong Racing so I can't see them being included. They'd probably want games that they need Rare's cooperation for. Maybe they'd include more GB and GBA games instead, like the THQ GBA four, Conker's Pocket Tales, etc.
They actually do need approval from Rare to release games with Rare's logo in them. That's why the DKC trilogy was pulled from the Virtual Console for a time, and probably why the SNES DKC trilogy was not on the datamine for Switch SNES games. So optimistically I could see them being bundled in as part of a Nintendo Rare Replay.

Top Bottom