• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

MondoMega

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 5702 4282 1237
He never specified it was Smash related right?
He didn't specify much about it, but from the context of the thread and his usual hints, i'm sure it wasn't a Smash hint. His first two posts about it:
some stuff coming to the Switch 'at least one' ... i mean ... it wasn't even possible years ago, cant wait to see the reaction here.
It wasnt possible, like seeing Mario in a PlayStation console.
then later clarification after the Cuphead announcement (it wasn't that):
Take a breath, and say after me, wait for it.

Last edited:

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
Chuffy just made a stop in the Thread! All aboard The Chuffy Hype train to E3!

Chuffy.png

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Give me Banjo HD where they combine the first two games into one massive experience. This would tie in to Smash, as well as all of the nintendo/micro love that will be at e3.

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman
I’m confused, if Fatmanonice is stating that Brave is tied to the big reveal and people are thinking its Master Chief, but wasnt he deconfirmed by Frank O’conner? And also I don’t know this, but does Fatmanonice have credibility? This is the first time I’ve heard of this leaker, so can someone tell me if he does

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I’m confused, if Fatmanonice is stating that Brave is tied to the big reveal and people are thinking its Master Chief, but wasnt he deconfirmed by Frank O’conner? And also I don’t know this, but does Fatmanonice have credibility? This is the first time I’ve heard of this leaker, so can someone tell me if he does
Basically the confusion is that Fatmanonice is familiar with Sabi, but according to Sabi he seems to exaggerate what they say, and that he doesn't have all of the same info Sabi does.

Duck Meat hypothesizes that Fatman isn't outright lying as he is more spitballing with what he does know, but he is a little misleading for making it sound like genuine fact

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman
Basically the confusion is that Fatmanonice is familiar with Sabi, but according to Sabi he seems to exaggerate what they say, and that he doesn't have all of the same info Sabi does.

Duck Meat hypothesizes that Fatman isn't outright lying as he is more spitballing with what he does know, but he is a little misleading for making it sound like genuine fact
Thank you, that sounds about right

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
It is kinda strange how a reveal related to the smash reveal would overshadow the smash reveal. How many characters and series can you think of where that would be the case? Because smash reveals are big ****ing deals. I have a hard time even believing anything related to Banjo would overshadow him appearing in smash.

Last edited:

Substitute

Smash Apprentice
Is there any other promo art featuring the back of Banjo's backpack or is this Tooie one the only one?

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
It is kinda strange how a reveal related to the smash reveal would overshadow the smash reveal. How many characters and series can you think of where that would be the case? Because smash reveals are big ****ing deals. I have a hard time even believing anything related to Banjo would overshadow him appearing in smash.
Xbox Game Pass coming to the Switch would be an internet-breaker for sure, and Banjo is ALWAYS one of the headliners they always push with the pass

1559453627523.png

1559453657407.png

Of course, so is Master Chief. Those two are almost like the psuedo-mascots of the pass. Like seriously, if you look at all of the Game Pass art, the roster of characters they use always rotates but Banjo and Chief are always there

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Xbox Game Pass coming to the Switch would be an internet-breaker for sure, and Banjo is ALWAYS one of the headliners they always push with the pass

View attachment 225566
View attachment 225567

Of course, so is Master Chief. Those two are almost like the psuedo-mascots of the pass. Like seriously, if you look at all of the Game Pass art, the roster of characters they use always rotates but Banjo and Chief are always there
Which is funny because they keep using the Nuts and Bolts design and almost no one enjoyed that game.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I need play those games again, but I also want to wait and see if they come to Switch

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
His later posts clarified that the supposed red-carpet grand revealand Banjo were seperate from each other. It's also not Erdrick or Lloyd specficially (potentially coming at a later date), or Steve (who is apparently leakbait).
Yeah, Erdrick or Lloyd to me strike me as being TGS reveals instead of E3 reveals (most in the case of Erdrick) even in regards to Nintendo's tendency towards really stupid marketing decisions (though that kinda hinges on Square being the one doing the marketing for their ****)

It's okay. Duckmeat had the hypothesis that Fatman isn't so much outright lying as it is more him spitballing based on what information he does know. But the fact that he made it sound like it was set in stone fact is on him
So either way, E3 is gonna be pretty interesting

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
GUH-HUH INTENSIFIES?

Banjo-Threeie being announced would be a bigger deal than Banjo & Kazooie being announced for Smash honestly. I want both, but I'm stating the facts here.

View attachment 225568
Found a better bunker! It smells a bit but it's got an exit hatch near McJiggies!
Hah! McJiggies, I totally forgot about that.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
All i can say with all the new information coming out is...

BANJO COME HOME!

Edit: Although one other thing I could ask is

Sora + No = It's over for him
Master Chief + No + Fatmanonice = He's still good?

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Before checking in on this thread today, I didn't even know people read Zell's "Mario on PlayStation" comment in any way that relates to Smash. It's definitely about a game (well, "at least one" game) being announced in the future (likely MCC), not Smash.
Agreed, and I suspect Zell's comment was certainly not for Smash--but many were taking it as Master Chief becoming likely for Smash, and I couldn't figure out where that was coming from.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
T-minus one week till the Microsoft conference. May we finally get our remake or threeie. Either is good

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Did Google theory get debunked? Just curious.
It depends on who you ask. Ask me, I'd say it was debunked from the get-go--it's not that hard to do if you're wealthy enough, it requires specific terms in a specific order for a specific region which doesn't make since if NOE is using it to advertise Smash, the roster doesn't make much sense on the face of it, etc. But there are others who still firmly believe it, and even I have to admit while I think it's totally implausible, it's not impossible and technically still could be true, however unlikely.

DMTN

Smash Journeyman
The weirdest thing to me is that the advertisements are still up. If there was a faker behind it, you'd think he would have taken the ads down by now. No one is talking about the Google theory anymore, so they don't need to stay up. It's just a waste of money at this point.
I still think it's fake though. I don't know how much money it costs to run these ads for a couple of weeks, but I can't imagine it being too expensive.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Did Google theory get debunked? Just curious.
People have been trying to debunk the Google Theory but have failed to link their ads to the actual Smash Ultimate website so the situation as a whole remains inconclusive as there is no evidence to debunk it and no evidence to prove it, it's a matter of wait and see until E3. However there is a chance that it could be a glitch within google's algorithms based on this quote.

Wholly unconfirmed, but there have been reports that this YouTube ad for Unravel Two for Switch links directly to the Smash Brothers website when appearing as a preroll. This /v/ thread makes the claim, and it's also been noted in the comments of the ad's normal upload. Someone also made the connection that being 'Brave' is the theme of the game, playing as a small frail object in a large and hazardous world. It's not clear to me if any official text surrounding the game has used the word 'Brave' explicitly, so for now it's all conjecture.

Provided the screenshot is real, this is what it looks like (not mine):

However this is a 4chan post so it's most likely that this was faked but if it's not then it could explain why the characters show up. Maybe someone should type in "Unravel Smash Bros" using the same method as the Google Theory to see if anything has changed. In fact I think we should keep testing out things with the google theory because anything can change from May to June.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
The weirdest thing to me is that the advertisements are still up. If there was a faker behind it, you'd think he would have taken the ads down by now. No one is talking about the Google theory anymore, so they don't need to stay up. It's just a waste of money at this point.
I still think it's fake though. I don't know how much money it costs to run these ads for a couple of weeks, but I can't imagine it being too expensive.
Considering that there's no action on the part of Nintendo, and no reason for a faker to keep the ads up I think it's fairly certain that it was a weird algorithm glitch all along.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I wouldn't mind if Google theory ended up being true because Banjo & Kazooie alone would set me up on buying the Season Pass. Ryu Hayabusa would be a cool addition as well.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I wouldn't mind if Google theory ended up being true because Banjo & Kazooie alone would set me up on buying the Season Pass. Ryu Hayabusa would be a cool addition as well.
The season pass could have Shrek and Goku, and I'd buy it if Banjo & Kazooie were in. With them, I'd feel like Smash is complete, and I'd roll with whatever characters were in it. :chuckle:

MondoMega

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 5702 4282 1237
Google Theory is a great roster to me (I REALLY want B&K and Doom Slayer, Hayabusa is also cool and Artorias is a unique pick for sure) but I don't buy it at all unfortunately.

With them, I'd feel like Smash is complete, and I'd roll with whatever characters were in it. :chuckle:
They would definitely help make Smash's roster feel more complete as a representation of Nintendo's history, but I think Dixie Kong would probably be the last one I need to feel content with the roster. There are others I want more, and there are a few others up there too (like Toad and a fourth Kirby rep) but I can't see a Smash CSS as "complete" without Dixie.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Agreed. The roster for the Google Theory sounds interesting. Probably a better roster than what we will get just like the Grinch Theory.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Google Theory is a great roster to me (I REALLY want B&K and Doom Slayer, Hayabusa is also cool and Artorias is a unique pick for sure) but I don't buy it at all unfortunately.

They would definitely help make Smash's roster feel more complete as a representation of Nintendo's history, but I think Dixie Kong would probably be the last one I need to feel content with the roster. There are others I want more, and there are a few others up there too (like Toad and a fourth Kirby rep) but I can't see a Smash CSS as "complete" without Dixie.
I'm surprised that Dixie has been skipped. She came back in TF, right during Smash 4's development. She was even planned for Brawl, albeit as an Ice Climber like character with Diddy (and what's funny was that she was missing from the DK series by that point but was still considered). And now with the official aspect of echoes, she's still not here (I know there's a broken base over her being unique vs semi vs echo, but I think an echo gives her the best shot to get in).

I'm shocked that she's still not in.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
She would be easy to add, but I think it was between her and K Rool and the former simply won out due to being a heavy villain which the game could have used more of.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
She would be easy to add, but I think it was between her and K Rool and the former simply won out due to being a heavy villain which the game could have used more of.
I doubt it. K Rool was probably top 5 in the ballot. Dixie was never anywhere near as popular.

By the way, I've been gone for a while. Has anything for or against our Bear and Bird come out in the last week or so?

Looma

Smash Journeyman
I'd be more willing to just toss google theory out completely as an algorithm thing if it wasn't exactly five characters including the one character that's 100% indisputable. I'm certainly open to the idea of it being fake, but it's just so peculiar and strangely it's one of the more tangible things we've got. It doesn't even conflict with other apparently reliable information we have. The negative keywords thing irks me probably a bit more than it should as well.

Quidohmi

Smash Apprentice
I'm surprised that Dixie has been skipped. She came back in TF, right during Smash 4's development. She was even planned for Brawl, albeit as an Ice Climber like character with Diddy (and what's funny was that she was missing from the DK series by that point but was still considered). And now with the official aspect of echoes, she's still not here (I know there's a broken base over her being unique vs semi vs echo, but I think an echo gives her the best shot to get in).

I'm shocked that she's still not in.
I still think she needs to be original. She should take DK's Up Special and DK should spawn a barrel cannon as his Up Special. I think it's far more fitting.

Top Bottom