• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I do suggest to hype responsibly,!but.... LETS GO BOIS LETS GO! BANJO! BANJO! BANJO! BANJO! BANJO! BANJO! BANJO! BANJO! BANJO! BANJO! BANJO! BANJO! BANJO! BANJO! BANJO! BANJO! BANJO! BANJO! BANJO! BANJO! BANJO! BANJO! BANJO! BANJO! BANJO! BANJO! BANJO! BANJO! BANJO! BANJO! BANJO! BANJO! BANJO! BANJO! BANJO! BANJO! BANJO! BANJO! BANJO! BANJO! BANJO! BANJO! BANJO! BANJO! BANJO! BANJO! BANJO! BANJO! BANJO! BANJO! BANJO! BANJO! BANJO! BANJO! BANJO! BANJO! BANJO! BANJO! BANJO! BANJO!
Even Gyigas is excited for Banjo.

This at least dispels the 'argument' that nobody cares about Banjo and he's forgotten except to 'oldtimers.'

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Not a chance the N64 Classic Edition is $200, They have to try to keep below $100, SNES was $80 and the PS1 Classic at $100 was considered a steep price, Yes it's game line up was terrible and the emulation wasn't as good, Plus it also didn't have the "Star Power" of Nintendo IP's to really have a mass appeal in the market and to justify the $100.

Sony really screwed up and half assed their attempt at a classic system and it's been half a year since it's release and after multiple price drops stores still have piles of them on shelves, Hell I wasn't really interested in getting one because of that horrible game lineup and price (No Crash and Spyro = No Sale), But now you can find them below $40 (Got mine at $20) and build quality is very good and comes with 2 with controllers and the best part is that apparently it's super easy to hack.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm mostly joking about the 64 Mini's price. I just understand the cost of gaming and how much it takes to license and such. I agree more than 100 is overboard. They'd have to do a crapload to get anyone to buy it at such a massive price.

Though to be fair, a console with zero games costs over 200. A console with a crapload of games costing 200 isn't as bad as people make it.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Probably should take what fatman says with a boatload of salt:

EDIT: I deleted the image because it has a curse word in it. But basically Sabi doesn’t know where fatman gets his info from.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

EDIT: I deleted the image because it has a curse word in it. But basically Sabi doesn’t know where fatman gets his info from.
You can reupload it with some editing. Thank you for double checking it had a bad word in it. We always appreciate it when people are mindful of what they post. :)

Quidohmi

Smash Apprentice
In other not so Banjo news, Team17 is teasing two games for next week with cryptic clues on their logo. The number 17 has a honeycomb design to it. I imagine this is for Yooka Laylee 2. Or a Capital B spin-off. As for the other game, I don't know...

Here is the link for anyone that cares. https://www.team17.com/two-new-team17-games-to-be-announced-next-week/hell-let-loose/
Aren't we supposed to get two more worlds as free DLC? I'm pretty sure we are... Capital B spin-off is more likely, I think.

I have no idea what you're saying. Fatman?

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Aren't we supposed to get two more worlds as free DLC? I'm pretty sure we are... Capital B spin-off is more likely, I think.

I have no idea what you're saying. Fatman?
I believe the two new worlds thing is for A Hat In Time (which we already got) not Yooka-Laylee lol

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I’m confused. Why is everyone getting so pumped?
Short version: New Banjo merch got teased for an E3 reveal, specifically a Banjo controller holder.
20190601_163726.jpg

What's interesting is that this company is KNOWN for releasing these high end controller holders in tandem with big releases, and they acknowledged the pattern

Screenshot_20190601-150717_Twitter.jpg

RandomAce

Smash Champion
The first two seem like good ideas to start off a trailer, but I'm not sure what Banjo and Bayonetta have to do with each other aside from Bayonetta being a witch. (if Bayonetta was involved in anyone's trailer, I'd think it would be Dante or a Platinum Games character)
Gruntilda is a witch, and Bayonetta is also a witch (well witch race I guess).

It’s the closest you can get to a homage to Banjo’s main villain (and Bayo would probably be the character used if there was a ever a Gruntilda spirit).

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
200 is the new Switch model that Nintendo totally isn't secretly hiding
I'm willing to bet on that and seems the most likely, With the aging 3DS in it's last year and the need for a budget/entry level system they will probably have a neutered/light Switch to cater to the younger kids market.

Not to mention they want to release and push that once Pokemon Sword and Shield come out as that will be their big holiday release.

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
Looks like IGN knows whats up.
20190601_183701.jpg

Not really anything to add to the pile but it does show the hype building around a new Banjo-kazooie game.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord

1. This is a neat observation
2. Apparently I've made some kind of name for myself in the Banjo community. Enough that I get tagged out of nowhere

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton

2. Apparently I've made some kind of name for myself in the Banjo community. Enough that I get tagged out of nowhere
Interesting but probably nothing

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Why are we suddenly reconsidering Master Chief? Didn't someone from Microsoft already say in no uncertain terms that Master Chief is out?

Violante

Smash Apprentice

Why would Non-Smash Banjo merchandise be modeled after his Smash appearance if that is never the protocol for other fighters? Coupled with how the F4F figure has been in production for years now, I think this is stretching.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Why are we suddenly reconsidering Master Chief? Didn't someone from Microsoft already say in no uncertain terms that Master Chief is out?
I know hes supposedly deconfirmed. BUT, crazier things have happened. With big rumors of MCC on Switch, as well as Xbox Live/gamepass services coming to switch, as well as Halo Infinite, AS WELL as this "red carpet rollout" of a character at e3, it seems like itd be the chief to me

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Pretty sure it was more the point being made was that Fatman was talking about Master Chief, not actually saying he was suddenly on the table again.

I consider him out myself(with a slight hope he might be in).

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
The stitching I just think is a new-ish design choice, more how cartoon characters are represented this generation than anything specific to Smash.

The King Zell quote can't be Banjo given his clues, and likely means Master Chief--Sabi even mentioned Master Chief Collection. Could be what Zell meant even without Master Chief in Smash, but I also wouldn't consider him deconfirmed either. Probably the closest any character has been deconfirmed, sure, but there's always the possibility he was lying.

Last edited:

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Would the Master Chief Collection on Switch really leave Nintendo fans "cross-eyed and sweaty with excitement," though?

D

Deleted member

Why would Non-Smash Banjo merchandise be modeled after his Smash appearance if that is never the protocol for other fighters? Coupled with how the F4F figure has been in production for years now, I think this is stretching.
Playing Devil's Advocate here. Simon's design in Smash Ultimate is based around his Classic Barbarian Design. However last time Simon used that design was with a Neca Figures toy released in the mid 2000's. Simon's design in The last Castlevania games he appeared in: Harmony of Despair and Mirror of Fate, use different designs. HoD uses the Chronicles artwork as his mugshot and the NES Sprite, while Mirror of Fate uses a brand new design.

However, between 2016 and 2018, Simon went back to using his Classic Look for games like Super Bomberman R (2017) and Girmoire of Souls( announced in 2018). This out of the blue situation could simply be explained by the fact that Smash Ultimate started development in late 2015/Early 2016, and Sakurai already decided on Simon's design (Sakurai tends to go for classic looks like Mega Man and Pac-Man) and as a result Konami used it on Casltevania material that feature Simon in order to have a consistend design across all Castlevania media in order to avoid Brand Confusion. and that inlcudes a First 4 Figure released in 2016, which has the design that is pretty much the same the one Simon uses in Smash minus the Sword and Knife on the Hip.

TL;DR Sakurai choose Classic Simon and this affected his look in Castlevania media, and it was a glimpse as to how Simon would look like in Smash since those products were revealed and released after Smash Ultimate Started Development (2015/2016) but before Simon was shown in Smash (2019) Of course nobody knew at the time (but it's something i took notice back in July 2018)

It's possible the same could happen to Banjo. Also some characters are affected by Smash Designs. Roy in Fire Emblem Heroes uses his Smash Design and Bowser Jr after 4 used his Clown Car Jr FAR more often than usual in games like Mario Tennis Aces.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Would the Master Chief Collection on Switch really leave Nintendo fans "cross-eyed and sweaty with excitement," though?
Some fans, sure, and anything from Microsoft on Switch would make a huge splash, particularly their (thought to be) exclusive mascot. Me, I wouldn't care, because I only had an Xbox 360 for Banjo and Rock Band. :chuckle:

Violante

Smash Apprentice
Playing Devil's Advocate here. Simon's design in Smash Ultimate is based around his Classic Barbarian Design. However last time Simon used that design was with a Neca Figures toy released in the mid 2000's. Simon's design in The last Castlevania games he appeared in: Harmony of Despair and Mirror of Fate, use different designs. HoD uses the Chronicles artwork as his mugshot and the NES Sprite, while Mirror of Fate uses a brand new design.

However, between 2016 and 2018, Simon went back to using his Classic Look for games like Super Bomberman R (2017) and Girmoire of Souls( announced in 2018). This out of the blue situation could simply be explained by the fact that Smash Ultimate started development in late 2015/Early 2016, and Sakurai already decided on Simon's design (Sakurai tends to go for classic looks like Mega Man and Pac-Man) and as a result Konami used it on Casltevania material that feature Simon in order to have a consistend design across all Castlevania media in order to avoid Brand Confusion. and that inlcudes a First 4 Figure released in 2016, which has the design that is pretty much the same the one Simon uses in Smash minus the Sword and Knife on the Hip.

TL;DR Sakurai choose Classic Simon and this affected his look in Castlevania media, and it was a glimpse as to how Simon would look like in Smash since those products were revealed and released after Smash Ultimate Started Development (2015/2016) but before Simon was shown in Smash (2019) Of course nobody knew at the time (but it's something i took notice back in July 2018)

It's possible the same could happen to Banjo. Also some characters are affected by Smash Designs. Roy in Fire Emblem Heroes uses his Smash Design and Bowser Jr after 4 used his Clown Car Jr FAR more often than usual in games like Mario Tennis Aces.
Convincing enough. I wouldn't hold my breath on the correlation, though.

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Today's been a roller coaster. This morning, we were all super sure Banjo is in Smash and he's getting at least one new game at E3. Now, not only is Banjo not happening apparently, but Master Chief is back on the table.

Last edited:

Zipzter

Smash Apprentice
Just noticed that the old Banjo-plush we've seen tossed about this thread shows up in Rare's canine-themed charity calendar. Neat.
15594373643843684511411762738586.jpg

Top Bottom