• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Well, here's a distracti-........, topic of discussion:

Filling out the current DLC amount using the background colors given to the characters on the Smash website and amiibo boxes.

So, six DLC, six rainbow colors. You make up the rest of the DLC but give them one color each, and the colors have to represent the character and make sense (like Sonic could really only have a blue background, Wii Fit Trainer would be blue instead of green as she has a blue outfit, etc).

Also, Red and Green are taken by Joker and Plant, so those colors can't be reused.

Red: Joker
Orange:
Yellow:
Green: Plant
Blue:
Purple:
Orange: Crash's fur
Yellow: Isaac's hair (or Dixie Kong's hair)
Blue: Banjo's backpack
Purple: Waluigi's clothes (or Spyro's skin)

My realistic-ish hopes are: Banjo & Kazooie, Crash or Ryu Hayabusa, Erdrick, and Dante. 3 new echo fighters would make it a perfect square--Dixie Kong, Impa, and Ms. Pac-Man).

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I really think you guys are starting to grasp at straws. They made one for crash and spyro but that doesn't mean that Banjo is next in line for some sort of revival. It's interesting sure but small edits to a design doesn't mean a lot.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Man, these 10 days can't pass by fast enough. The longer this wait takes the more the internet collectively falls into madness.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Good news! MORE Banjo merch!

View attachment 225454

These guys make controller holders! Here is one they made for Crash!

Hmmmmm...seems a bit reach-y....however that wording is suspect at least.

"Can't wait to BRING BACK Banjo" Have they ever had a Banjo holder before? I have not found one yet...

EDIT: Oh dang! Nice assist papagenos papagenos

Last edited:

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
I still dont want to get my hopes up. I'm going into E3 expecting Smash additions from JRPGs ive never heard of

Megex

Smash Rookie
I'm down for either a Threeie or HD remake of the first two. Hopefully MS eventually caught wind of the success of Crash and Spyro to at least try.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I wanna guh-huh at these figurines being a sign of Banjo Kazooie's triumphant return to the gaming scene but figurines of Banjo Kazooie have been made before and nothing came out of them. Also Gregg Mayles already stated that he's not interested in remastering or making a new Banjo Kazooie game. I can only hope Nintendo want Banjo Kazooie in Smash Ultimate because they did so well in the Smash ballot.

ChaosAngelZone

Smash Cadet

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I went to look on the thread myself; and worth noting is that it's not like anyone directly asked Exquisite Gaming. papagenos papagenos was talking to someone else and they suddenly cut in

Screenshot_20190601-150717_Twitter.jpg

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I went to look on the thread myself; and worth noting is that it's not like anyone directly asked Exquisite Gaming. papagenos papagenos was talking to someone else and they suddenly cut in

View attachment 225469
*stares...grabs monster ultra and takes a sip. Sits in chair*

Well now THIS is interesting. They were paying attention and just stated that without being prompted or questioned...

Ahem...Guh huh anyone?

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
I think that First tweet EG made about the Potential Banjo Merch was deleted, because I can't find it

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
I've said it once and I'll say it again: throughout this entire waiting period for Smash DLC there has been only ONE character with legitimately shady things surrounding them. IndieGameGirl, a Micro insider, tweeted hints at Banjo and then deleted them. Merch companies tied to the property deleted Banjo/Smash tweets and pulled the IP from merch deals. Phil Spencer has publicly stated he wanted the bear in and has been radio silent on the issue since Ult's announcement. And now it appears that an HD remake could be on the horizon...

Violante

Smash Apprentice
I was there in 2015 when we were all 200% Banjo-Threeie was Rare's comeback game after Playtonic gave their blessing, after the banjothreeie.com domain was renewed, after Phil's XBLA account showed his last game played was Banjo-Kazooie right before the presentation, after reputable insider Kampfheld who leaked Xbox Cloud schematics posted a coded 'BKE32015' and then the bread crumb trail fell apart at the doorstep of Microsoft's E3 showfloor. Through comic-con and Gamescom of that year we were led to believe something would manifest, then years passed and the hype trailed as there were posts about Robin Beanland 'fixing his Banjo' leaks about a 20th anniversary remaster, Craig Duncan sporting a B-K backpack to E3 last year, Grant Kirkhope teasing a long-awaited project which turned out to be Mario Rabbids. At last there was one air-tight scoring when the banner for Smash Ultimate's final roster leaked and that too was complete BS. There is a history with phantom teasing plagued upon this absolute underdog of a series, as it has been for over a decade now.

I am excited, but if this is all nothing once again I can't say I'm gonna be surprised.

Last edited:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
This Banjo & Kazooie merchandising hint has me thinking...
"Merchandising! Merchandising! Where the money from the game is made! Banjo-Kazooie the t-shirt. Banjo-Kazooie the coloring book. Banjo-Kazooie the lunch box. Banjo-Kazooie the breakfast cereal. Banjo-Kazooie the flame thrower! The kids love this one. And last but not least, Banjo-Kazooie the doll, me. *GUH-HUH*"

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
All I can say is don’t expect this to mean any sort of guarantee of anything. I just don’t want some of you to get your hopes up and be disappointed.

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Banjos comeback feels like its been within our reach for ages. This new merch could be just another hint that leads us nowhere, but considering this got announced SO close to E3, Im a little suspicious.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much, but the stars do seem to be aligning for Banjo-Kazooie now more than ever.

Hype responsibly, but I'm more hopeful now than I was a week ago.

Last edited:

Violante

Smash Apprentice
I will say it is suspicious that they went out of their way to reply to a tweet about Banjo being at E3.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I think it's very unlikely that Banjo is brought back with a new game, as in Banjo Threeie. I think if/when Banjo's back they'll test the waters with either a Banjo X style remake, or an N-Sane style remake (possibly both).

That said, the fact that ALL of this merchandise being released lately is based completely on an updated version of their N64 designs (which haven't otherwise been used since 2005!) as opposed to the N&B design that also made it's way into Sonic racing is certainly worth noting.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I don’t know if it will be funny or sad if I have Banjo hold my Pro Controller and his game or appearance is no where to be seen on the switch.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Watch this be for an N64 Mini.

Actually, that'd be amazing alone. Though among it, I don't think I'll get my favorite 64 game on there, but there's a ton of great stuff. Killer Instinct included. The overall Rareware games on the 64 are an amazing set. The only one that might not make it otherwise(as I feel KI might be excluded due to being a Microsoft exclusive now) is James Bond due to a vast amount of character likeness licensing.

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
I don't know how much a Cable Guy figure means for Banjo's chances in Smash, but this is great news for Banjo in general.

These guys typically make these to promote games. (Sonic Mania, Crash, Spyro).

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I don't know how much a Cable Guy figure means for Banjo's chances in Smash, but this is great news for Banjo in general.

Yeah, they only just NOW released Tails for Sonic Team Racing and I think Knuckles was for Mania Plus

AugustusB

Smash Champion

See this is why this is suspect (in a way). Why make a cable guy for a character if nothing comes from it.

Imagine we got this Spyro cable guy and we didn't get the ReIgnited trilogy.

I think we should be open to whatever, but consider this interesting to say the least.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Here's what I think will be happening in order from most likely to least likely.

1) Banjo-Kazooie revealed as fighter #2 or #3 at E3. Possible double reveal with Erdrick.
2) Rare Replay is announced for the Swtich.
3) Nintendo 64 Classic with Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie added on.
4) A double port of Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie similar to the N-Sane trilogy released on Xbox and Switch.
5) Banjo-Threeie finally happens. Released on Xbox and Switch.

I think the first two possibilities are the most realistic ones right now, but the N64 Mini is possible.

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
I can't believe this might actually be the break we've been waiting for
Isn't it funny how whenever something small and vague is used to claim a Banjo decon is then crushed by an event or announcement that is added to the pile of evidence that could point toward a confirmation.

Yah I know, hype responsibly. I appreciate the concern, but I'm a big boy. I can handle disappointment fine, just let me have this!
1550518841769.gif

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
Worst case scenario is we're just getting more merch. Which, as a huge Banjo fan I will GLADLY take.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Im just pumped ill have banjo holding my controller. hopefully its not the NnB design. Regardless, while this has nothing to do w banjo and smash, it really does point towards a rerelase of Kazooie/Tooie of some kind

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
If we keep getting merchandise, Is it is too much to ask for an official "Regular" Banjo-Kazooie plushie?

And no I'm not talking about the stubbins one, I'm not a fan of the design of that brand.

Last edited:
Top Bottom