• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman
Can someone please show me this “deconfirmation tweet” everyone’s talking about, I honestly can’t find it

Megex

Smash Rookie
About the Grant Kirkhope thing. Has Sakurai ever talked with a westerner to do arrangements? He has stated that he personally talks the composers for Smash's arrangements.

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman
I won’t, I do NOT take this as a deconfirmation in any way

Like I said Grant wouldn’t know about ANYTHING about Banjo, even K Rools creator had no idea he was in so think about if the ORIGINAL creator had no clue, what would a composer know about the situation (FYI I do not hate Grant, love his work, just stating a fact)

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
If you don't mind; I'd like to repost it as an embed

It sucks, Steveposters were JUST starting to quiet down and now they're trying to parade this around like they won. 11 days can't pass fast enough

TheHeartbreakKid

Smash Journeyman
Lmao the absolute state of Steve trolls that they’d treat Grant’s tweet as a deconfirmation but not Aubrey’s

(notice I said Steve TROLLS, not Steve FANS)

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Where are you people going where you're constantly exposed to these people. You are all making them sound more plentiful than there really are. Just stay off /v/ and block all the annoying ones on Twitter simple as that. Maybe then we wouldn't have to keep bringing them up every couple posts.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Where are you people going where you're constantly exposed to these people. You are all making them sound more plentiful than there really are. Just stay off /v/ and block all the annoying ones on Twitter simple as that. Maybe then we wouldn't have to keep bringing them up every couple posts.
You're the lucky one for not having them constantly jump down your throat no matter where you go. Heck we had that period where they kept raiding our Discord a few weeks back

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Lmao the absolute state of Steve trolls that they’d treat Grant’s tweet as a deconfirmation but not Aubrey’s

(notice I said Steve TROLLS, not Steve FANS)
I wonder if Steve Trolls are also the same people who cook up reasons to hate PapaGenos (plenty of those reasons tend to relate to the Grinch Saga, a notable one being him getting angry at GameXplain that one time even though I'm pretty sure anyone would be angry when members of an outlet that's major source of Nintendo news insult you on Twitter and behave like total jackasses). Then again, my memory from back then was hazy

Last edited:

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Strange how Piranha Plant was smash DLC & now mario tennis is geting "Fire Piranha Plant" as DLC ? why not just a regular piranha plant ? is it B/C it is already in smash ? seams so strange to me

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman
Strange how Piranha Plant was smash DLC & now mario tennis is geting "Fire Piranha Plant" as DLC ? why not just a regular piranha plant ? is it B/C it is already in smash ? seams so strange to me
Yeah that is strange, but what does it have to do with the fighters pass?

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I ain't going to lose hope for Banjo Kazooie in Smash Ultimate until Indie Gamer Chick is wrong.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I ain't going to lose hope for Banjo Kazooie in Smash Ultimate until Indie Gamer Chick is wrong.

Part of the issue it's it's still pretty ambiguous, despite implying a lot, and by my own subjective view, "any time now" has passed since this was in March. Still, if she meant E3, then that's coming up soon now, so we shall see.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
The sad part is that it seems Grant won’t be doing any of the mixes
David Wise hasn't ever done any DK remixes for Smash. Hell, Grant's DK rap was remixed for Smash.

There was always a zero percent chance Grant would be told anything about Banjo in Smash were such a thing to happen.

Last edited:

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
Part of the issue it's it's still pretty ambiguous, despite implying a lot, and by my own subjective view, "any time now" has passed since this was in March. Still, if she meant E3, then that's coming up soon now, so we shall see.
We got Sabi here to sorta refine what IGC was saying. She basically supports IGC credibility and mentions she believes her "Banjo-kazooie and Rare Replay stuff" becoming true. I dont seem to have that screencap on my phone. Can someone post it please?

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
To comment on this Grant business..... the last time he worked with Rare was in 2008.. 12 years is a long time... the next time he wold work with anyone from Rare would be on Yooka-Laylee which Playtonic is made up of the people he knew at Rare. His friends left and went on to make their own company hence why he worked with them again. I highly doubt he has any ties left to Rare aside from Greg and I HIGHLY doubt Greg is going to tell him anything in regards to Banjo being in Smash... Grant know's as much as we do in regards to Smash.

As dumb as it is.. I doubt Grants going to be approached by Sakurai for Smash composition's... David Wise wasn't approached about any of the DK music in Smash ever. Sakurai tries to talk to the original composers when they're Japanese... I think talking to western composers is more troublesome due to him not speaking English well... either way... Grant has zero reason to know anything anywhere near Smash. Sakurai also claims to talk to original creators of characters when designing them for Smash and guess who wasn't talked too about K. Rool? His original creator.

There's no reason to take anything Grant say to heart. He knows nothing... and in the scenario that he did.. he's absolutely not going to say "wait and see" or "you never know" because if he's under an NDA he'd be sued so fast.. again that's extremely unlikely because he has no ties to Rare no ties to Banjo anymore... nothing. Carry on and wait for E3.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
That's one thing I dislike with Smash speculation: you can have so many factors in your favor and then one thing casts vague doubt on it, and the mood whiplashes completely in the other direction, making it look like the in favor factors never happened.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
If the Steve trolls seriously are trying to use this as a deconformation, then the same has to be applied for them as someone still actively working for the company has said far worse against Steve.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If the Steve trolls seriously are trying to use this as a deconformation, then the same has to be applied for them as someone still actively working for the company has said far worse against Steve.
Except they haven't said far worse.

"This character is not in" isn't the same remotely as "I don't want this character in." Aubrey has said absolutely nothing about his actual chances.

But nobody should be using these tweets to troll fanbases anyway, so that's the bigger issue. Besides, they're all just trolls to me. No different from any other fanbase having some trolls among them. Ignore 'em, report 'em, move on. Taking 'em as seriously as they are is only giving them what they want; attention. There's literally no reason to bother with them at all(beyond reporting the posts/topics so the moderation can deal with it, if possible). It only helps their cause.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Except they haven't said far worse.

"This character is not in" isn't the same remotely as "I don't want this character in." Aubrey has said absolutely nothing about his actual chances.

But nobody should be using these tweets to troll fanbases anyway, so that's the bigger issue. Besides, they're all just trolls to me. No different from any other fanbase having some trolls among them. Ignore 'em, report 'em, move on. Taking 'em as seriously as they are is only giving them what they want; attention. There's literally no reason to bother with them at all. It only helps their cause.
An actual Mojang employee said Steve wasn't in Smash before backpedalling the next day and saying they never said that on their discord.

I was always on the side of Aubrey and that other employee not necessarily being deconfirmations but that they potentially hurt Steve's chances. This Grant tweet is a whole load of nothing.

But for anyone who sees this as a solid deconfirmation for Banjo, considering Grant is an EX Rare employee (over a decade ago) and Steve has had 1 current employee say he isn't in Smash, and 1 higher up say it would be a bad idea then you can't pick and choose what constitutes a deconfirmation. They both are.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
An actual Mojang employee said Steve wasn't in Smash before backpedalling the next day and saying they never said that on their discord.

I was always on the side of Aubrey and that other employee not necessarily being deconfirmations but that they potentially hurt Steve's chances. This Grant tweet is a whole load of nothing.

But for anyone who sees this as a solid deconfirmation for Banjo, considering Grant is an EX Rare employee (over a decade ago) and Steve has had 1 current employee say he isn't in Smash, and 1 higher up say it would be a bad idea then you can't pick and choose what constitutes a deconfirmation. They both are.
I forgot about that one tweet; But it was also removed, which NDA's don't force. That makes it a little suspicious. So it could go either way. To be fair, I'm always under the impression people are talking about Aubrey's Steve bashing, not an actual "isn't in the game" thing. It's kind of hard to remember a post that was deleted quickly and mentioned far less.

And yeah, there's no way this is a solid disconfirmation for Banjo. That's just silly. Like, I can understand being skeptical of his chances as is, but the person wouldn't know anything, so it doesn't matter, etc. Also, was that employee that said he wouldn't be in an actual higher-up or just a low-end employee? It's also possible that they worded it very poorly... as Grant has tended to show how often he can do so. "When pigs fly" comes to mind. Anybody got a screenshot of the "he isn't in Smash" thing on Steve?

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I forgot about that one tweet; But it was also removed, which NDA's don't force. That makes it a little suspicious. So it could go either way. To be fair, I'm always under the impression people are talking about Aubrey's Steve bashing, not an actual "isn't in the game" thing. It's kind of hard to remember a post that was deleted quickly and mentioned far less.

And yeah, there's no way this is a solid disconfirmation for Banjo. That's just silly. Like, I can understand being skeptical of his chances as is, but the person wouldn't know anything, so it doesn't matter, etc. Also, was that employee that said he wouldn't be in an actual higher-up or just a low-end employee? It's also possible that they worded it very poorly... as Grant has tended to show how often he can do so. "When pigs fly" comes to mind. Anybody got a screenshot of the "he isn't in Smash" thing on Steve?
It was on their discord, I believe he had been an employee for around 1 month at the time he commented on Steve not being in Smash. If I looked hard enough I could probably find it but it'd take ages of scrolling through conversations with friends and someone else probably has it saved and could easily find it.

ze9

Smash Ace
I think you're looking at this in terms of Banjo VS Steve way too much.
This isn't a race, there's not any spot for a "Microsoft rep" for which Banjo and Steve may be competing, the chances of one have absolutely no bearing on the chances of the other.

Steve got bashed and practically deconfirmed by members of the staff of his own games, while Grant's tweet about Banjo doesn't really leave much room for optimism at all.
The most likely outcome right now is that neither of them are in. Sadly.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It was on their discord, I believe he had been an employee for around 1 month at the time he commented on Steve not being in Smash. If I looked hard enough I could probably find it but it'd take ages of scrolling through conversations with friends and someone else probably has it saved and could easily find it.
Was mostly to look at context, etc. Could just be somebody's opinion and put poorly.

Well, no matter. I honestly don't think it means too much right now. Especially since it seems like the members of the Discord are more about a bit of PR speak than actually being privy to the knowledge. Besides, NDA's do allow you to deny something is in the game. As long as you give no details beyond that literal phrasing. I'd take it a bit more seriously if Mojang was saying they were never approached for Smash content, though.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Grant's opinion changes nothing. The only way it would matter is if they were in and, for some reason, Nintendo decided that they couldn't do the music justice without him. Which was a rather unlikely scenario even before this recent deconfirmation of it.
He has zero insider knowledge at the current time and is a well documented pessimist. Plus, as I have mentioned before, he didn't even know that Mario and Rabbids was a Mario game until he reached the studio. They're pretty good at keeping him in the dark.

Last edited:

DMTN

Smash Journeyman
I doubt Grant's tweet means much, but I will take his message to heart. It's not a bad idea to lower one's expectations a bit. I think I will be able to enjoy E3 more if I don't expect too much.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I slept easily knowing that Grant's tweet meant nothing and that some people are getting worked up over nothing.

He's a composer and hasn't worked for Rare in over a decade. Do you honestly think he knows anything that the Rare executives are doing? Remember that David Wise wasn't contacted about any of his DK music being used in Smash and there's no reason to believe that Grant would be as well. Plus, he's known to troll and screw around with the fans. It's not worth stressing out and losing sleep over. Nothing about this has changed and losing hope over nothing is not a good idea.

It's not over until Sakurai sings.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
If Greg Mayles or Craig Duncan came out and said what Grant had said then it'd definitely mean something. I love Grant to death but he's completely out of the loop when it comes to Banjo's music being in Smash.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Grant’s said stuff like this numerous times before. Didn’t matter then, doesn’t matter know, just scarecrow fluff really.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Well, here's a distracti-........, topic of discussion:

Filling out the current DLC amount using the background colors given to the characters on the Smash website and amiibo boxes.

So, six DLC, six rainbow colors. You make up the rest of the DLC but give them one color each, and the colors have to represent the character and make sense (like Sonic could really only have a blue background, Wii Fit Trainer would be blue instead of green as she has a blue outfit, etc).

Also, Red and Green are taken by Joker and Plant, so those colors can't be reused.

Red: Joker
Orange:
Yellow:
Green: Plant
Blue:
Purple:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
500+ pages and 20,000+ posts?! Geez just last year this forum was barely hitting its 20s by the time I joined these forums. Can’t believe how much Banjo & Kazooie’s hype and hope has risen since then, especially before E3. I’m glad to know all you Banjo-Roos and I hope this landmark is a good omen towards their inclusion in Smash.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
500+ pages and 20,000+ posts?! Geez just last year this forum was barely hitting its 20s by the time I joined these forums. Can’t believe how much Banjo & Kazooie’s hype and hope has risen since then, especially before E3. I’m glad to know all you Banjo-Roos and I hope this landmark is a good omen towards their inclusion in Smash.
I remember noticing this thread really taking off a little bit after King K. Rool got announced back in August, With him finally in that's also the same time I started to double down on Banjo-Kazooie support.

Last edited:

andree123

Smash Ace
Sakurai is secretly working on a fighters pass 2 (which it is at the drafting stage) and he creates new movesets for Waluigi and Isaac with help from Camelot, could this be the reason why we got Fire Piranha Plant as a playable in Mario Tennis Aces?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Sakurai is secretly working on a fighters pass 2 (which it is at the drafting stage) and he creates new movesets for Waluigi and Isaac with help from Camelot, could this be the reason why we got Fire Piranha Plant as a playable in Mario Tennis Aces?
I think Fire Plant's appearance in Mario Tennis is irrelevant to Smash.

You sure do like making up theories BTW.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I remember noticing this thread really taking off a little bit after King K. Rool got announced back in August, With him finally in that's also the same time I started to double down on Banjo-Kazooie support.
I think this thread is popular is because there's a huge amount of demand for Banjo-Kazooie in Smash and no amount of negativity is going to change that. The time seems right for the bear and bird to finally be fighters.

timbo8

Smash Cadet
I m hoping we get two reveals and one of the reveals is banjo to go with eridick

Top Bottom