• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Even if it might not mean anything. It's pretty cool and amazing how much exposure Banjo has been getting for being a "dead and forgotten franchise"

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Eh, I'm inclined to believe that Master Chief has been deconfirmed. I mean, I'd take him over Steve, but I still think Banjo has far more evidence and there's far more demand for him than Chief.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
You can reupload it with some editing. Thank you for double checking it had a bad word in it. We always appreciate it when people are mindful of what they post. :)
No problem! I wasn’t able to edit it at the time because I was at the gym, but here is it with the no-no word cross out

CFC1F90F-8E63-4636-A80F-C23FC047F3A8.jpeg

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I'd be very disappointed honestly if Master Chief got in before Banjo & Kazooie. They have the most connection to Nintendo, they're the Microsoft characters everyone's been asking for for years. They have the most to gain from getting into Smash. I'm not gonna believe they're in and refuse to believe in any of these leaks until Sakurai confirms them, hopefully at E3, but I have more faith he'd put them in before Master Chief. I just don't want my heart to be broken again, I've been disappointed want time too many.

*EDIT* WHOOPS. Meant the exact opposite of this, Banjo & Kazooie should be in way before Master Chief. My bad :psycho:

Last edited:
I made a little collage of the different backpack art styles. It’s clearly not the Nuts n Bolts style. The Totaku figure and EG controller pack (aka the two newest ones) are basically identical new styles, with the belts on bottom being blue instead of black. Also worth noting is the F4F figure is sort of a mish-mash of the new style and the old style, but iirc it went into development quite a while ago right?
C766FE77-87D1-44D5-B928-BE8B63251BF0.jpeg
C5D8D784-6A13-40A6-B305-E2598E9E4598.jpeg

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'd be very disappointed honestly if Banjo & Kazooie got in before Master Chief. They have the most connection to Nintendo, they're the Microsoft characters everyone's been asking for for years. They have the most to gain from getting into Smash. I'm not gonna believe they're in and refuse to believe in any of these leaks until Sakurai confirms them, hopefully at E3, but I have more faith he'd put them in before Master Chief. I just don't want my heart to be broken again, I've been disappointed want time too many.
...Did I read that right?

You want Chief before B&K, correct?

I want to make sure, as I've made similar typos that change the entire context. Of course, nothing wrong with wanting Chief more than Banjo. To each their own. :)

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Today's been a roller coaster. This morning, we were all super sure Banjo is in Smash and he's getting at least one new game at E3. Now, not only is Banjo not happening apparently, but Master Chief is back on the table.
Wait, I thought everyone was hyped for Banjo right now and were gloom and doom this morning?

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
A couple of people were really put out by the Grant Kirkhope tweet, but bounced back pretty quickly when backpack analysis started picking up. But now people apparently think Master Chief is more likely than Banjo. Even though he was already hard deconfirmed, afaik.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
A couple of people were really put out by the Grant Kirkhope tweet, but bounced back pretty quickly when backpack analysis started picking up. But now people apparently think Master Chief is more likely than Banjo. Even though he was already hard deconfirmed, afaik.
Like, I can get thinking Chief was more likely without any extra information. One's just a bigger icon. That's fair.

But we literally have tweets disconfirming Chief. Banjo doesn't have anything to his name like that. Even Steve(though I would say the tweets aren't that strong overall... bar one, but until I see it I can't comment properly on its context enough) has more than Chief does as is. Something to note is that if somebody rescinds a tweet, especially of a disconfirmation, then something is a bit more suspicious than one that is let up.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Tbh the only reason MC has gained more traction in the past 48 hours is because of the Fatman post but that screenshot of the sabi conversation is making me think people should reconsider that.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I respect Halo to much as a series to even be mad if the Microsoft rep was Master Chief.
Hypothetically if the character was MC I’d prefer him to Steve by far. If anything other than Banjo he’d be a character that would give me more confidence that the rest of the FP is worth being interested about.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Would the Master Chief Collection on Switch really leave Nintendo fans "cross-eyed and sweaty with excitement," though?
I would honestly heavily consider getting it if it gets announces for Switch.

I am Nintendo fan who grew during the N64 and Gamecube era hence why my alliance is with Banjo-Kazooie and don't have much of a history with Xbox, But I still respect and recognize Halo as a big and iconic franchise in gaming that would definitely turn some heads and make headlines in the game industry, Never got to play it much, Buy I always thought it was pretty cool series, My biggest exposure to the franchise was when I had an Xbox One (Temporarily) and used a character named Arbiter from Halo as a guest character in Killer Instinct hes was my 2nd main right after Riptor.

If Master Chief were to get in Smash over Banjo-Kazooie if course I'm going to be very disappointed, But I can understand why they chose him since he is the face of Xbox for Microsoft and the brand wouldn't be here or be what it is today if it weren't Halo and would be the biggest crossover rival to come over since Sonic the Hedgehog in Brawl.

Personally, Though I don't see Halo/Master Chief invading Smash because Japan doesn't give a crap about Halo or FPS/Shooters and the SciFi asthetic like the West I mean just look at Metroid, But I would still take Master Chief over Steve anyday as he is way more appealing and badass character if for whatever horrible reason Banjo-Kazooie don't make it in Smash.

Plus it would be pretty cool to see Samus vs Master Chief.

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
...Did I read that right?

You want Chief before B&K, correct?

I want to make sure, as I've made similar typos that change the entire context. Of course, nothing wrong with wanting Chief more than Banjo. To each their own. :)
****, thanks for pointing that out! Yeah complete opposite of what I meant, my bad! It's been a long day haha :dizzy:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
****, thanks for pointing that out! Yeah complete opposite of what I meant, my bad! It's been a long day haha :dizzy:
Absolutely. I'd rather we all do our best to say what we mean. It also helps that the replies to you are based upon what you meant to say, which helps a conversation go well. :)

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Wait, so now everyone is convinced Chief is going to happen?

C'mon guys. I know we're all scared to hope after the Grinch burned us, but this can actually be our first solid break! Dare to hope!

Datboigeno

Smash Lord

C'mon guys. I know we're all scared to hope after the Grinch burned us, but this can actually be our first solid break! Dare to hope!
I think if anything the last handful of posts have made people question taking the MC possibility seriously.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace

Yeah, we have no real evidence of Master Chief, plus I think he was pretty much deconfirmed by Frank O'Connor. People give up hope too quickly here.

There's much more evidence in Banjo's favor. I don't even think Japan cares for Halo that much. It would be like a reverse Erdrick situation. Banjo is a choice that pleases everyone.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Yeah, we have no real evidence of Master Chief, plus I think he was pretty much deconfirmed by Frank O'Connor. People give up hope too quickly here.

There's much more evidence in Banjo's favor. I don't even think Japan cares for Halo that much. It would be like a reverse Erdrick situation. Banjo is a choice that pleases everyone.
To be fair. With how Smash speculation has gone you would think the only games Japan likes are Minecraft and Dragon Quest. Basically every character is met with “but they aren’t popular in japan” lol

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Best timeline: Dual Banjo/Master Chief reveal.

As unlikely that would be.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
So let me get this straight, Farman says Banjo is heavily speculated amongst the insiders, but other names come up too, and this means some are saying this points more to Chief? I don’t follow.

So let me get this straight, Farman says Banjo is heavily speculated amongst the insiders, but other names come up too, and this means some are saying this points more to Chief? I don’t follow.
Yeah I’m confused about how this somehow makes Master Chief more likely?

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Best timeline: Dual Banjo/Master Chief reveal.

As unlikely that would be.
I actually don't think it's as unlikely as people think... thing is.. IF Microsoft really is partnering with Nintendo to this degree of giving them game pass, MCC, Rare Replay.. to me it's totally realistic MS can get two characters in the pass. Who better than the character who shares history with both companies and the face of MS. Chief and Banjo in Smash would be mind blowing

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!

Reading over Fatman's post still makes me hope for us to take the whole kit and kaboodle this E3. If he's talking about scale here's what I am seeing. Everyone is assuming these days that Derick(edrick) would be "Brave", Fatman here claims that Brave could not be who everyone expects. His claim is also that the Smash announcement would be the lesser of them and that everything else involving that character would overpower the Smash announcement in terms of hype. Chief getting in to me would outshine the supposed announcement of Halo on Switch. Derick already have a new gae out and him getting in Smash would be just a long, wet fart.

Banjo getting into Smash would rock the internet, but Banjo-Kazooie getting a remastering, AND a new game after being memed as a "dead franchise" would break the internet. This is how I decipher that post. My bias is quite apparent, but I try to keep a straight head on these things. Again, Fatman statements seems to be vague on purpose so as to not reveal what he knows.

Still, today was a good day. I know for a fact that I'll be buying one of those Banjo controller holders.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Reading over Fatman's post still makes me hope for us to take the whole kit and kaboodle this E3. If he's talking about scale here's what I am seeing. Everyone is assuming these days that Derick(edrick) would be "Brave", Fatman here claims that Brave could not be who everyone expects. His claim is also that the Smash announcement would be the lesser of them and that everything else involving that character would overpower the Smash announcement in terms of hype. Chief getting in to me would outshine the supposed announcement of Halo on Switch. Derick already have a new gae out and him getting in Smash would be just a long, wet fart.

Banjo getting into Smash would rock the internet, but Banjo-Kazooie getting a remastering, AND a new game after being memed as a "dead franchise" would break the internet. This is how I decipher that post. My bias is quite apparent, but I try to keep a straight head on these things. Again, Fatman statements seems to be vague on purpose so as to not reveal what he knows.

Still, today was a good day. I know for a fact that I'll be buying one of those Banjo controller holders.
I don’t think there’s any point in speculating on Fatman’s posts because they don’t hold any weight, but the reason why Chief is brought up is because Fatman specifically states there’s another front runner whose reveal would arguably be bigger than Banjo’s and is supported by King Zell’s comments(which point to Halo on Switch). In terms of overshadowing Smash, I personally don’t think it’d be possible for any game really, but having Halo on Switch would absolutely be a big deal because it’s a Microsoft Flagship series.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Wait, Master Chief? Wasn't he already disconfirmed? Why are we bringing him back up again? I am confused.

G83mBoy

Smash Cadet
His later posts clarified that the supposed red-carpet grand revealand Banjo were seperate from each other. It's also not Erdrick or Lloyd specficially (potentially coming at a later date), or Steve (who is apparently leakbait).

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
Hey guys, what did I mi-

*sees people talking about Master Chief Collection due to me bringing up one of fatman’s posts*

Uhhh... whoops.

Sorry about bringing it up. I’m not in Sabi’s discord so I didn’t know that Sabi doesn’t support his claims. I just knew that the two were on good terms for the most part, so I figured we could trust that stuff. Man, can’t trust anyone anymore. Sorry guys. But I do think that Master Chief is already deconfirmed for Smash, so as far as that goes, I think we’re still okay (especially with every bit of evidence pointing towards BK’s inclusion).

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Hey guys, what did I mi-

*sees people talking about Master Chief Collection due to me bringing up one of fatman’s posts*

Uhhh... whoops.

Sorry about bringing it up. I’m not in Sabi’s discord so I didn’t know that Sabi doesn’t support his claims. I just knew that the two were on good terms for the most part, so I figured we could trust that stuff. Man, can’t trust anyone anymore. Sorry guys. But I do think that Master Chief is already deconfirmed for Smash, so as far as that goes, I think we’re still okay (especially with every bit of evidence pointing towards BK’s inclusion).
It's okay. Duckmeat had the hypothesis that Fatman isn't so much outright lying as it is more him spitballing based on what information he does know. But the fact that he made it sound like it was set in stone fact is on him

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I haven't seen many people saying Master Chief is more likely than Banjo & Kazooie here, as most seem to think Master Chief is deconfirmed. While I don't think that's the case, I still think Banjo & Kazooie have the better chance. Zell's comments may imply Master Chief coming to Switch, not necessarily Smash.

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Keep in mind that, until very recently, Master Chief was second only to Goku in terms of meme characters that are "never getting in." Outside of Smashboards, I think I've seen maybe two people total ask for him unironically. And even here, I think it's more that people expect him and are getting hype because of that and less that they actually want him. It's another case of the Erdrick effect.

Besides, if Sakurai really has access to the Xbox family of characters, I really doubt he'd go for Master Chief over the former A-list Nintendo mascot that people have been clamoring for since at least Melee's pre-release. He may not look at internet scuttlebutt, but he certainly looked at the fighter ballot and Banjo-Kazooie was one of the top picks there. Certainly bigger than Master Chief, who was basically a non-entity.

Even if Fatmanonice is blowing hot air, even if this brave new world of Backpack Redesign Speculation ("BRS" hereafter) is just a series of goofy coincidences, we still have IndieGamerChick, whom most of us agree is legit and doesn't seem like the kind of person who'd fabricate hype for the attention. The only thing she's said that maybe indicates that "coming home" thing (something that definitely couldn't refer to Master Chief, btw) was a bust is that we'd be hearing about it "any moment now" in March, but c'mon, it's not like two months and change is such a long time that she couldn't have been talking about E3.

Last edited:

MondoMega

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 5702 4282 1237
Zell's comments may imply Master Chief coming to Switch, not necessarily Smash.
Before checking in on this thread today, I didn't even know people read Zell's "Mario on PlayStation" comment in any way that relates to Smash. It's definitely about a game (well, "at least one" game) being announced in the future (likely MCC), not Smash.

Last edited:

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman
Before checking in on this thread today, I didn't even know people read Zell's "Mario on PlayStation" comment in any way that relates to Smash. It's definitely about a game (well, "at least one" game) being announced in the future (likely MCC), not Smash.
He never specified it was Smash related right?

Top Bottom