• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

osby

Smash Obsessed
Genuine MC fans should hope that Steve ISN'T in this DLC pass. Otherwise, it will vindicate the trolls. If he's not in they'll get bored and move on once their ammo is gone, leaving behind the people who genuinely wanted him.

I've had a Steve "fan" literally stalk me on twitter on and off since last year.
Every character has their trolls. I can't believe you're saying people shouldn't want a character because of that.

I can get behind not liking a character but trying to guilt-trip their fans into dropping their support? That's disgustingly low.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Every character has their trolls. I can't believe you're saying people shouldn't want a character because of that.

I can get behind not liking a character but trying to guilt-trip their fans into dropping their support? That's disgustingly low.
I didn't say they shouldn't want him. I said that genuine fans wouldn't want their character stigmatised by the MASSIVE number of trolls abusing other fans. We've not seen anything remotely this bad in the Smash fandom before.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I didn't say they shouldn't want him. I said that genuine fans wouldn't want their character stigmatised by the MASSIVE number of trolls abusing other fans. We've not seen anything remotely this bad in the Smash fandom before.
I think genuine fans wouldn't want a hater telling them what they should or shouldn't want.

I'm tired of Banjo fans who use some trolls as a leverage for their despise. If you honestly think your current behavior is better than those anecdotal trolls, I see no point of carrying out this argument.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I think genuine fans wouldn't want a hater telling them what they should or shouldn't want.

I'm tired of Banjo fans who use some trolls as a leverage for their despise. If you honestly think your current behavior is better than those anecdotal trolls, I see no point of carrying out this argument.
"I'm sick of Banjo fans, that's why I constantly come into the Banjo thread to cause trouble"

Last edited:

dinkeytom

Smash Apprentice
I think Banjo Kazooie would be as popular as Sonic if Microsoft had went forward with that cartoon and had a steady stream of games. My first introduction to Rare was the Viva Piñata cartoon and then DK64 and Banjo Kazooie by recommendation from Amazon.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I think Banjo Kazooie would be as popular as Sonic if Microsoft had went forward with that cartoon and had a steady stream of games. My first introduction to Rare was the Viva Piñata cartoon and then DK64 and Banjo Kazooie by recommendation from Amazon.
In all honestly I'm really glad Banjo was spared from having an awkward off-model cartoon based on it, after seeing how fellow Rare franchises DKC and Battletoads were handeled.

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Genuine MC fans should hope that Steve ISN'T in this DLC pass. Otherwise, it will vindicate the trolls. If he's not in they'll get bored and move on once their ammo is gone, leaving behind the people who genuinely wanted him.

I've had a Steve "fan" literally stalk me on twitter on and off since last year.
I mean that's kind of a crappy way to look at a character getting in or not. Should we not want Banjo-Kazooie in if we have a bunch of ****posters ruining the good name of the characters and the fandom and harassing others as well? There's plenty of genuine Minecraft supporters who want Steve in because they think he'd be a good fit and the popularity the game has garnered seems to be enough for its inclusion. That just seems like incredibly misplaced judgement there. Banjo & Kazooie have a lot to overcome to make it into Smash, mainly being old school Nintendo characters that no longer have that foothold being owned by a competing company. No character in the history of Smash has ever had quite as complicated a situation as that. Steve and Minecraft meanwhile do have a foothold with Nintendo, and could be part of the reason Banjo & Kazooie might have a chance of crossing the threshold and Feathery Flapping their way back to Nintendo where they belong. If anything, we should be hopeful Minecraft is the reason they have even a hint of a chance getting in! Years ago when Sm4sh was the Smash to get into, I hoped and prayed for Banjo & Kazooie getting in, especially after they announced the Fighter Ballot despite them being seemingly impossible, and everyone was shooting down their chances because they were Microsoft-exclusive characters despite their history with Nintendo first, and with Duck Hunt making it in, people jumped to the conclusion that Banjo & Kazooie would be too similar to their gimmick despite the characters behaving nothing like that in their original source material and taking more from Banjo-Kazooie than Duck Hunt! But now their chances have never been better, and it could have something to do with Nintendo and Microsoft being buddy buddy over Minecraft and other things lately. So can we all just get along and see what E3 has to offer in a few weeks? No need to turn this thread back into a battlefield. Save that for Smash!

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Considering everything we've talked about for Banjo Kazooie's chances from the Google Theory, Phil Spencer's comments, Indie Gamer Chick, Sabi, etc.
How confident do you guys feel about Banjo Kazooie's chances of being fighter #72 or #73?

Me I give them a 90% of being #72 and a 40% of being #73, the thing that has convinced me that Banjo Kazooie's chances are high is with Phil Spencer's comments in an article by Gamnesia.
https://gamnesia.nintendoenthusiast...e-banjo-kazooie-in-super-smash-bros-and-mari/
Taking Phil Spencer's word on this, this kind of gives me a feeling that the Bear and Bird are the frontrunner in his mind for Smash Ultimate however it is from 2016 so he could have changed his mind since then.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
When I boost for Banjo on social media, it's always Steve fans who are the ones who attack and insult me. I already dislike the character and the abuse I get from his fans leaves an even more bitter taste in my mouth.

Heck, even when I criticize Erdrick, his fans almost never resort to the level of abuse I get from Steve fans.

Yeah, and as we know (and I recently learned), SE tends to actively fight leaks so their **** being leaked 6 months before being announced sounds too hard to believe. I can believe Pokemon stuff leaking 2 months in advance since Pokemon related stuff tends to leak like a damn sieve, but not Square Enix stuff unless someone outright steals their stuff from somewhere.
Square is notorious for being protective of their IPs and really disliking leaks. I highly doubt that their DLC character for Smash Bros leaked SIX MONTHS before that character getting announced. I'm inclined to believe that all of those seven Square characters, including Erdrick (who lets face it is only getting traction because of people bandwaggoning on Verge's claims), are leakbait.

While I won't be shocked if Erdrick is one of the DLC fighters, I don't think E3 is the right place to reveal him unless it's a double reveal with a character like Banjo.

andree123

Smash Ace
How confident do you guys feel about Banjo Kazooie's chances of being fighter #72 or #73?
90% to be #73 and 10% to be #72.
The reason why I think that Banjo will be #73 is that because a Square Enix character (extremely likely to be Erdrick) is more likely to be #72 and there should be two characters set to be announced at E3 2019 just like in E3 2015 when they announced Roy and Ryu to be DLC fighters in ssb4.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I know it's kind of a lame reason, But I would love for Banjo-Kazooie to be fighter #72 as it's probably my favorite number (Like on Baseball Jerseys for example) and pretty much why it's always on my profile name too.

Substitute

Smash Apprentice
"I'm sick of Banjo fans, that's why I constantly come into the Banjo thread to cause trouble"
Screw off with your clique bull****. There's crappy fans for every fanbase and that shouldn't sway anyone from wanting a character.

Last edited:

DMTN

Smash Journeyman
Considering everything we've talked about for Banjo Kazooie's chances from the Google Theory, Phil Spencer's comments, Indie Gamer Chick, Sabi, etc.

Me I give them a 90% of being #72 and a 40% of being #73, the thing that has convinced me that Banjo Kazooie's chances are high is with Phil Spencer's comments in an article by Gamnesia.
https://gamnesia.nintendoenthusiast...e-banjo-kazooie-in-super-smash-bros-and-mari/
Taking Phil Spencer's word on this, this kind of gives me a feeling that the Bear and Bird are the frontrunner in his mind for Smash Ultimate however it is from 2016 so he could have changed his mind since then.
I'd say Banjo has a 50% chance overall. I can't go higher than that. He has many things going for him (support, approval from Phil, legacy) and many things against him (relevance, strong competition, the fact that he's a western 3rd party). I don't think he's Brave, but he doesn't have to be.
Banjo's strong support is the main reason why we are even talking about him. I hope that, no matter what happens, that support persists.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Regarding having spirits be exclusive to the Japanese version: Spirits can be enabled in battle arenas, and they wouldn't want to risk any errors that would occur if Japanese players equipped exclusive spirits and were playing with international players.
I think Microsoft/Rare own the Japanese names to Jetforce Gemini and Blast Corps as well because otherwise, those games wouldn't have been in the Japanese version of Rare Replay

Banjo is fighter 72, Kazooie is fighter 73.

Banjo and Kazooie are fighter 74.
Take your pick people: will it be Banjo alone, Kazooie alone, or both of them together? You choose.

When I boost for Banjo on social media, it's always Steve fans who are the ones who attack and insult me. I already dislike the character and the abuse I get from his fans leaves an even more bitter taste in my mouth.

Heck, even when I criticize Erdrick, his fans almost never resort to the level of abuse I get from Steve fans.
Reason those Steve fans attacked you and those Erdrick fans didn't that much is because those Steve fans see Banjo & Kazooie as competition because of both characters belonging to Microsoft. To us and them, only one or the other is getting in. Of course, there is a possibility that would could get both at E3 since Microsoft getting a rep would be a bigger deal than any other 3rd party getting a rep in Smash and Nintendo and Microsoft both having the stage to themselves at E3, so now would be the perfect time to announce something this big.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Yeah...I can't agree with the notion of "You better hope your character doesn't get in because of the detractors on your side". That's completely disingenuous and holier than thou.

It's like when those two Waluigi fans said some dumb **** on Twitter and suddenly people were like "this character should never be in Smash". Sometimes I just don't get this community. Framing the actions of a few to enforce rules on the rest of a character's fanbase.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord

Square is notorious for being protective of their IPs and really disliking leaks. I highly doubt that their DLC character for Smash Bros leaked SIX MONTHS before that character getting announced. I'm inclined to believe that all of those seven Square characters, including Erdrick (who lets face it is only getting traction because of people bandwaggoning on Verge's claims), are leakbait.

While I won't be shocked if Erdrick is one of the DLC fighters, I don't think E3 is the right place to reveal him unless it's a double reveal with a character like Banjo.
My take: revealing Erdrick at E3 is a textbook example of anti-hype and horrible marketing.

Erdrick is crazy popular in the East while mostly ignored in the West. E3 is a western event. And Nintendo's Direct is scheduled for morning/afternoon in the West, meaning it will be around 1-2AM in the East.

So, your headlining Smash reveal will be shown to a group, who you know your series doesn't resonate well with after decades, that will range mostly from happy, indifferent, confused or annoyed while the group that would flip out in excitement and commonly take off work when the next game comes out will mostly be asleep at the time. This is like showcasing Ridley at the Tokyo Game Show; it completely misses your target audience.

Granted, Nintendo has done baffling things before, like headling Smash at E3 with Miis and Palutena while making Pacman a late in the day behind closed doors reveal. However, if you are going to hide the DLC list to pump up hype and then completely misread the atmosphere and lay-out for a reveal where it has a good chance to get minimal or opposite intended reactions, why bother hiding it in the first place?

Its like revealing Banjo at Minecraftcon.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
My take: revealing Erdrick at E3 is a textbook example of anti-hype and horrible marketing.

Erdrick is crazy popular in the East while mostly ignored in the West. E3 is a western event. And Nintendo's Direct is scheduled for morning/afternoon in the West, meaning it will be around 1-2AM in the East.

So, your headlining Smash reveal will be shown to a group, who you know your series doesn't resonate well with after decades, that will range mostly from happy, indifferent, confused or annoyed while the group that would flip out in excitement and commonly take off work when the next game comes out will mostly be asleep at the time. This is like showcasing Ridley at the Tokyo Game Show; it completely misses your target audience.

Granted, Nintendo has done baffling things before, like headling Smash at E3 with Miis and Palutena while making Pacman a late in the day behind closed doors reveal. However, if you are going to hide the DLC list to pump up hype and then completely misread the atmosphere and lay-out for a reveal where it has a good chance to get minimal or opposite intended reactions, why bother hiding it in the first place?

Palutena is one of my mains and I love her. But honestly, Pac-Man should have been the E3 reveal back in 2014 at the end instead of Palutena. They could have revealed Palutena in August on the Smash website or something instead.

Last edited:

Great points. It would absolutely make more sense to reveal a character like Banjo at E3, where they know the key audience’s eyes will all be watching. And then use the next Nintendo Direct in August/September/whenever to announce Erdrick, where it’ll then be the ideal time for Japanese viewers to be tuned in. A western event is just not where you announce something that would only be exciting to the other side of the world. That just doesn’t make sense

AngrySun88

Smash Ace

Very well said.

Revealing Erdrick at E3, a primarily Western event, would be a tone deaf move on Nintendo's part and I think they would get backlash for attempting to use Smash to advertise Dragon Quest in the West. For an event like E3, they need a character that people have been requesting for years like Banjo or Geno. Or a real showstopper that nobody expects like Doom Guy or Lara Croft. Not a JRPG character that most people in the West either don't know about or don't care about.

You reveal someone like Erdrick at the Tokyo Game Show or at the Nintendo Direct a few months after E3. Unless of course there's a double reveal at E3.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Yeah...I can't agree with the notion of "You better hope your character doesn't get in because of the detractors on your side". That's completely disingenuous and holier than thou.

It's like when those two Waluigi fans said some dumb **** on Twitter and suddenly people were like "this character should never be in Smash". Sometimes I just don't get this community. Framing the actions of a few to enforce rules on the rest of a character's fanbase.
It seems like a problem with a lot of people - they use the actions of a few to make broad generalizations about an entire group. (and yes, I realized that I was arguably doing the exact same thing here when I was halfway through typing this out)

Every fanbase is going to have trolls in it - we shouldn't judge the entire fanbase because of that. (I know I've been guilty of that in the past with Daisy fans)

I'm hoping for both - I could see Erdrick getting revealed as an "available after this presentation" situation (they've done that before, when Ryu and Roy were leaked well in advance, and E3 generally has multiple character reveals), and another character that appeals to a western audience (Banjo? I have no idea, but I really hope it's Banjo) revealed with their release being on a later date.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
It seems like a problem with a lot of people - they use the actions of a few to make broad generalizations about an entire group. (and yes, I realized that I was arguably doing the exact same thing here when I was halfway through typing this out)

Every fanbase is going to have trolls in it - we shouldn't judge the entire fanbase because of that. (I know I've been guilty of that in the past with Daisy fans)
I totally agree with you. Also, I think Waluigi is very deserving of getting into Smash Bros. because he has been in over 50 games and is one of the last A-list Nintendo characters not yet in the roster. Regardless of what everybody thinks about Waluigi, he is a Nintendo All Star and he could represent Mario's spin offs.

Last edited:

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
I totally agree with you. Also, I think Waluigi is very deserving of getting into Smash Bros. because he has been in over 50 games and is one of the last A-list Nintendo characters not yet in the roster. Regardless of what everybody thinks about Waluigi, he is a Nintendo All Star and he could represent Mario's spin offs.
I think one of the reasons waluigi gets so much hate is because the fandom needed a new "ridley" to pick on.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
This has been discussed somewhat before, But was mentioned that if Rare Replay gets ported to the Switch that it would probably not contain the Xbox games possibly because they may not be able to run on Switch and that they will very likely inflate the file size of the game (Yes, I know that the 360 games were treated as separated downloads including the N64 ports) ,But the Switch only has 32 GB of storage (Around 25 GB after System OS junk)

Rare Replay is a 50 GB game (Unless they have some crazy compression skills) which clearly wouldn't fit digitally on the Switch or a Cartridge seeing how 32 GB is the largest capacity available (Apparently there is a 64 GB in the works), But if you trim out the Xbox games they can likely fit it in a cartridge with some room to spare and seeing how older games have much smaller file sizes they should be able to fit Donkey Kong Country 1-3, DK 64, Diddy Kong Racing and Star Fox Adventures without a problem.

Nintendo/Rareware Games:

Donkey Kong Country 1-3
Donkey Kong 64
Diddy Kong Racing
Star Fox Adventures

(Trade proposal)

Microsoft Xbox/Rare Games:

Ghoulies
Perfect Dark Zero
Kameo
Jetpac Refueled
Viva Piñata 1-2
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts

Hell I'll still buy a neutered version of Rare Replay without Xbox games if that's the only way we get it on Switch, But let's be honest other than maybe Viva Piñata and Possibly Nuts & Bolts that wouldn't be much of a loss as long as we get the N64 games and maybe some of the older games.

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
More hypothetical trailers using only in-game assets if that's the direction we're going in:

1. Rare Replay reveal trailer for the Switch, suddenly cuts to footage of Banjo-Kazooie where they enter the entrance for Mumbo's Mountain; only the sign appears to be missing. As the puzzle screen assembles itself, we see that it's Battlefield and the duo spawn on the stage before taunting

2. Yoshi is fighting Richter on Yoshi's Island Omega form. Yoshi gets Richter off stage and does the egg throw. Richter avoids getting hit, but a second blue egg hits him and knocks him back down. Yoshi turns, and the camera pans to Banjo and Kazooie

3. Bayonetta shatters Pit's shield and stuns him. As she charges her F-Smash, Banjo suddenly appears behind her and back-throws her away before taunting.

This has been discussed somewhat before, But was mentioned that if Rare Replay gets ported to the Switch that it would probably not contain the Xbox games possibly because they may not be able to run on Switch and that they will very likely inflate the file size of the game (Yes, I know that the 360 games were treated as separated downloads including the N64 ports) ,But the Switch only has 32 GB of storage.

Rare Replay is a 50 GB game (Unless they have some crazy compression skills) which clearly wouldn't fit digitally on the Switch or a Cartridge seeing how 32 GB is the largest capacity available (Apparently there is a 64 GB in the works), But if you trim out the Xbox games they can likely fit it in a cartridge with some room to spare and seeing how older games have much smaller file sizes they should be able to fit Donkey Kong Country 1-3, DK 64, Diddy Kong Racing and Star Fox Adventures without a problem.

Hell I'll still buy a neutered version of Rare Replay without Xbox games if that's the only way we get it on Switch, But let's be honest other than maybe Viva Piñata and Possibly Nuts & Bolts that wouldn't be much of a loss as long as we get the N64 games and maybe some of the older games.
Honestly it would make more sense to have a “Nintendo Switch Edition” of Rare Replay rather than a straight port of the Xbox One version. Rare’s history with Nintendo completely warrants a version that includes Diddy Kong Racing, the DKC games, heck maybe even Starfox Adventures etc in replacement of the Xbox titles. Not to mention we’ve seen a lot of impressive compression on the Switch (Doom, Skyrim, Wolfenstein, etc) so I’m not too worried about that

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
More hypothetical trailers using only in-game assets if that's the direction we're going in:

1. Rare Replay reveal trailer for the Switch, suddenly cuts to footage of Banjo-Kazooie where they enter the entrance for Mumbo's Mountain; only the sign appears to be missing. As the puzzle screen assembles itself, we see that it's Battlefield and the duo spawn on the stage before taunting

2. Yoshi is fighting Richter on Yoshi's Island Omega form. Yoshi gets Richter off stage and does the egg throw. Richter avoids getting hit, but a second blue egg hits him and knocks him back down. Yoshi turns, and the camera pans to Banjo and Kazooie

3. Bayonetta shatters Pit's shield and stuns him. As she charges her F-Smash, Banjo suddenly appears behind her and back-throws her away before taunting.
The first two seem like good ideas to start off a trailer, but I'm not sure what Banjo and Bayonetta have to do with each other aside from Bayonetta being a witch. (if Bayonetta was involved in anyone's trailer, I'd think it would be Dante or a Platinum Games character)

osby

Smash Obsessed
The first two seem like good ideas to start off a trailer, but I'm not sure what Banjo and Bayonetta have to do with each other aside from Bayonetta being a witch. (if Bayonetta was involved in anyone's trailer, I'd think it would be Dante or a Platinum Games character)
Bayonetta stole the slot of Banjo.

Jokes aside, that's a fine enough reference. Bayo herself fought with Pit and Dark Pit in her own trailer, after all, despite angels in Bayonetta being pretty different than the ones in Kid Icarus. I'm not sure if Banjo and Kazooie routinely hunt witches, though.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I've always felt there's been a good "witch hunter" joke somewhere that could take place between Banjo and Bayonetta

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Honestly it would make more sense to have a “Nintendo Switch Edition” of Rare Replay rather than a straight port of the Xbox One version. Rare’s history with Nintendo completely warrants a version that includes Diddy Kong Racing, the DKC games, heck maybe even Starfox Adventures etc in replacement of the Xbox titles. Not to mention we’ve seen a lot of impressive compression on the Switch (Doom, Skyrim, Wolfenstein, etc) so I’m not too worried about that
Me and likely most here would heavily prefer a "Nintendo version of Rare Replay" ,But there is a part of me that kind of questions if Nintendo would collabarate on the project, I'm sure they wouldn't have a problem with a straight port, But Nintendo is super protective of their IP's and including the Donkey Kong IP back on a complilation might make them hesistant.

Someone also brought up a good point that I never thought of in a Youtube discussion video that I watched, Now here me out, While Nintendo has no problem publishing rated M games or promoting them or crossing them over into Smash, But I think they might have a problem with Donkey Kong being on the front box art of Rare Replay with an M rating on the front of the box, Granted it says rated E-M ,But it still requires an ID to buy and may cause some confusion.

I know it sounds kind of stupid, but this is Nintendo we are talking about and are pretty uptight on how their franchises are portrayed so it's still kind of a good point.

Last edited:

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Rare Replay is a 50 GB game
I read some of you guys talking about Rare Replay potentially being a thing on Switch. To be quite honest, I didn't even know it existed on Xbox (I haven't kept up with Microsoft systems in a while). If it's a definite possibility though I'd be incredibly excited.
"Nintendo version of Rare Replay"
Yea I think this would be a bit more likely if there is an inkling of a chance.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I read some of you guys talking about Rare Replay potentially being a thing on Switch. To be quite honest, I didn't even know it existed on Xbox (I haven't kept up with Microsoft systems in a while). If it's a definite possibility though I'd be incredibly excited.

Sabi's been backing it pretty hard. I refer you to a previous post of mine

On the subject of Sabi/Polarpanda, I took the liberty of compiling these about Rare Replay. While they may not be able to fully commit to Banjo, they're pretty adamant about Rare Replay coming to Switch

View attachment 224935

And since Sabi has more than proven themselves credible with that huge Roller Champion leak; I'd be remiss to not bring up Fatmanonice and what he had to say regarding E3

View attachment 224936
View attachment 224938

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord

Yea I think this would be a bit more likely if there is an inkling of a chance.
Now imagine this with Donkey Kong on the cover with his games on the Switch, Oh yeah I would be excited too.
81s9mAkhuZL._SY679_.jpg
Dkl5vqQVsAAQZXY.jpg

Last edited:
Me and likely most here would heavily prefer a "Nintendo version of Rare Replay" ,But there is a part of me that kind of questions if Nintendo would collabarate on the project, I'm sure they wouldn't have a problem with a straight port, But Nintendo is super protective of their IP's and including the Donkey Kong IP back on a complilation might make them hesistant.

Someone also brought up a good point that I never thought of in a Youtube discussion video that I watched, Now here me out, While Nintendo has no problem publishing rated M games or promoting them or crossing them over into Smash, But I think they might have a problem with Donkey Kong being on the front box art of Rare Replay with an M rating on the front of the box, Granted it says rated E-M ,But it still requires an ID to buy and may cause some confusion.

I know it sounds kind of stupid, but this is Nintendo we are talking about and are pretty uptight on how their franchises are portrayed so it's still kind of a good point.
I mean if it’s part of a collection with the company who used to be in control of DK I don’t see why they’d have a problem with it now. Especially when, like I said, it’s just a collection. And it’d definitely say “E-M” since it’s a variety of games. They wouldn’t rate an entire collection of games off of one particular game. So I don’t think there’d be an issue there either

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Now imagine this with Donkey Kong on the cover with his games on the Switch, Oh yeah I would be excited too.View attachment 224976View attachment 224977
If it got a digital download, I'd absolutely buy it day one of its release. Just being able to play part of my childhood on the go would be a dream come true, let alone having Banjo & Kazooie in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate as well! It'd probably be too much to ask for GoldenEye 007, but at least I'd get to play Perfect Dark and Jet Force Gemini hopefully and hopefully have Diddy Kong Racing as well ^^

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
A good point that was made (forget who), Nintendo may not want Donkey Kong in a collection that's rated M, due to Conker and Perfect Dark. In my ideal world, all Rare/Nintendo games would be in it. Goldeneye won't happen to due licensing, and Donkey Kong may not happen due to the rating.

EDIT: Scott the Woz (I think) in Spawnwave's Nintendo E3 predictions video.

Last edited:
Top Bottom