• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Well, a Detective Pikachu sequel was just announced for the Switch, and guess who leaked it yesterday? Our good friend Sabi/PolarPanda. Further adding to their credibility

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
As someone born in the year 1995, I would never in my wildest dreams expect to be called a boomer.

I guess 23 is the new 50 I suppose.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I think Krunch the Kremling is also owned by Nintendo though I could be wrong here.
Yeah I mentioned that along with Diddy Kong and it's kind of implied since he's obviously a Kremling.

Here is the copyright on the back of the N64 Version (1997)

It even states that Banjo was actually owned by Nintendo at the time since they had the license.
Diddy Kong Racing 02.jpg
DpQlPleWkAsuQom.jpg

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I don't care if the E3 reveal trailer is Sakurai at a table with doodles on Applebee's napkins confirming that Banjo, Geno, Dixie, and Kamek are all playable and he makes explosion sounds with his mouth while he has the napkins fight each other. Also, he's wearing a sombrero.

Having them playable is priority over a fancy reveal trailer.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I swear, when Banjo and Kazooie debut at E3, everyone spamming "OKAY BOOMER" memes in my tweet is getting a big fat laughing Nelson jpeg.
Even if Banjo-Kazooie makes it in Smash they will just fall back on and keep saying that they still suck, Washed up and say "Minecraft is the best selling game of all time"

Me: Yeah... You guys have fun and keep on preaching that while I have fun and kicking ass with my favorite bear and bird in Super Smash Bros.

Last edited:

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Yeah, but they can talk all the **** they want as they slink away with their little tails between their legs. See if I care. Like you said, I'll be too busy mounting Banjo vs. King K. Rool fights.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Well, a Detective Pikachu sequel was just announced for the Switch, and guess who leaked it yesterday? Our good friend Sabi/PolarPanda. Further adding to their credibility
Good point. Sabi has proven himself/herself to be far more reliable and trustworthy than Verge can ever hope to be. That's another point for Banjo in my books.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Good point. Sabi has proven himself/herself to be far more reliable and trustworthy than Verge can ever hope to be. That's another point for Banjo in my books.
What other points are there for Banjo-Kazooie?

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Yeah, but they can talk all the **** they want as they slink away with their little tails between their legs. See if I care. Like you said, I'll be too busy mounting Banjo vs. King K. Rool fights.
The first thing I'm going to do in Smash if Banjo-Kazooie gets announced is have a 4- Way fight between

DK vs Diddy Kong vs King K.Rool vs Banjo-Kazooie

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I know I quoted this before, but I must say I agree. Sabi is many times the leaker Vergeben will ever be. Getting a lot of of Smash Bros. Ultimate base game right can only get you so far, especially if you are so stubborn on being right.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
It's funny how all these old, irrelevant characters always seem to end up outdoing the so called "relevant, popular" characters.

i.e. K. Rool is a fat, irrelevant Kroc who will never get in to Smash. His fans just need to accept it.

August 2018, these people are promptly BTFO'd.

Hope to see it happen again with Banjo.

D

Deleted member

Not sure where's the best place to post this but I feel it could be appreciated here. Someone actually made a code for Donkey Kong 64 that allows you to switch Kongs anywhere instead of going back to the barrel. Might actually give this game a revisit now.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
From what I recall, Sabi is still uncertain when it comes to Banjo & Kazooie in Smash, so I wouldn't even say Sabi has rumored it--that implies more confidence that it's true. When it comes to Rare Replay on Switch, that is something Sabi has rumored, so it's at least a good sign.

Justin Little

Smash Ace
Huh, that's weird that they allowed Tiptup, but not Banjo or Conker. We need that Diddy Kong Racing extended universe even more now (sans Diddy).
Don't leave Diddy out of his own little "universe." It's what makes him cool that he is friends with Banjo and Conker.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Don't leave Diddy out of his own little "universe." It's what makes him cool that he is friends with Banjo and Conker.
In my ideal universe, Diddy would absolutely be included. Granted, given they've shown little love for their major former IP, it's not going to happen with their minor ones as well, so since it's a pipe dream anyways, I think Diddy should be included in that as well now that I think about it.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Not sure where's the best place to post this but I feel it could be appreciated here. Someone actually made a code for Donkey Kong 64 that allows you to switch Kongs anywhere instead of going back to the barrel. Might actually give this game a revisit now.

We welcome anything Rareware related on this thread (Especially Donkey Kong) You should also pass it on to the King K. Rool and Dixie Kong threads as they will probably get a kick out of it too.

Last edited:
From what I recall, Sabi is still uncertain when it comes to Banjo & Kazooie in Smash, so I wouldn't even say Sabi has rumored it--that implies more confidence that it's true. When it comes to Rare Replay on Switch, that is something Sabi has rumored, so it's at least a good sign.
Yup. They’ve seemed very confident on the source who’s told them Rare Replay for Switch is happening. And although they’ve never taken a stance on Banjo, lately it seems they’re more optimistic about it happening, from the things they’ve heard

Last edited:

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
I think Sabi's waiting to get a few more sources to confirm before making an official statement on it. There was that one author for Microsoft that said rumor for Banjo and a hard NO for Steve. Then there was that one "old leaker" from the Smash 4 days that said Banjo's in. Finally there's IDC where Sabi supports her and backs up her credibility. I do wonder what's keeping a statement back since Sabi seems to have a few sources mentioning Banjo for Smash or at least rumoring it.

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
Sabi is also the one who leaked that new Ubisoft rollerblading-handball game, along with footage. It’s clear that they are legit with their info.

I think Sabi's waiting to get a few more sources to confirm before making an official statement on it. There was that one author for Microsoft that said rumor for Banjo and a hard NO for Steve. Then there was that one "old leaker" from the Smash 4 days that said Banjo's in. Finally there's IDC where Sabi supports her and backs up her credibility. I do wonder what's keeping a statement back since Sabi seems to have a few sources mentioning Banjo for Smash or at least rumoring it.
PolarPanda has always seemed to be the type who doesn’t take a stance on something unless they’re certain of it from their sources. There must be a lot of confusion and whatnot behind the scenes that makes it hard to take a definitive stance, despite all the pro-Banjo things they have indeed heard so far

BZocky

Smash Ace
I don't care if the E3 reveal trailer is Sakurai at a table with doodles on Applebee's napkins confirming that Banjo, Geno, Dixie, and Kamek are all playable and he makes explosion sounds with his mouth while he has the napkins fight each other. Also, he's wearing a sombrero.

the above description of the creator of smash bros at an applebees playing with napkins that have 4 poorly drawn smash bros picks on them while making boom noises with his mouth but in image form (blurred out the logos for extra authenticity)

people entering the thread and seeing this must be so confused
Anywho I’d prefer to see Banjo get a nice CG trailer

Last edited:

Justin Little

Smash Ace

To me, this is the only biggest problem with the game. I think DK64 is a great game that just has some unfortunate **** that sets it back. It would be cool if they remaster it one day. I know people will say why bother the beaver, but I bet they are the same people who would leave a Tiptup in the middle of the road.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
PolarPanda has always seemed to be the type who doesn’t take a stance on something unless they’re certain of it from their sources. There must be a lot of confusion and whatnot behind the scenes that makes it hard to take a definitive stance, despite all the pro-Banjo things they have indeed heard so far
On the subject of Sabi/Polarpanda, I took the liberty of compiling these about Rare Replay. While they may not be able to fully commit to Banjo, they're pretty adamant about Rare Replay coming to Switch

1559103549134.png

And since Sabi has more than proven themselves credible with that huge Roller Champion leak; I'd be remiss to not bring up Fatmanonice and what he had to say regarding E3

1559103599205.png

1559103665593.png

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Sabi seems like someone who is credible and knows what they're talking about and it feels like they're more convinced of Banjo than Steve. Hopefully we'll hear something more concrete from them as E3 approaches.

Which is why I trust them more than Verge. At least they wait and see if their sources have the correct information as opposed to Verge who makes vague statements, claims them as fact, and never backs down even after being wrong.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
On the subject of Sabi/Polarpanda, I took the liberty of compiling these about Rare Replay. While they may not be able to fully commit to Banjo, they're pretty adamant about Rare Replay coming to Switch

View attachment 224935

And since Sabi has more than proven themselves credible with that huge Roller Champion leak; I'd be remiss to not bring up Fatmanonice and what he had to say regarding E3

View attachment 224936
View attachment 224938
Ok. If we were to take this at face value. If there is a Microsoft rep. It would have to be Banjo unless they seriously go with Forza Racer. And I don't see Forza Racer making people go cross eye with excitement.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Genuine MC fans should hope that Steve ISN'T in this DLC pass. Otherwise, it will vindicate the trolls. If he's not in they'll get bored and move on once their ammo is gone, leaving behind the people who genuinely wanted him.

I've had a Steve "fan" literally stalk me on twitter on and off since last year.
This type of thinking is absolutely terrible. You’re telling people who genuinely want Steve to not want him because the bad eggs in the basket would get what they want? Way to take the high road buddy.

AugustusB

Smash Champion

View attachment 224935

View attachment 224936
View attachment 224938
Lord, seeing this is pretty awesome! Not being on here as much, you tend to forget what all has been said or mentioned.

I have said Banjo and Kazooie being announced at E3 is the best and obvious choice out there.

No Sony? Just Nintendo and Microsoft? Yeeeah...I am still on the hill!

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Guys, I am getting crazy excited. I know I shouldn't, but it's happening. This Fatmanonice guy seems to be suggesting a straight-up Banjo-Threeie. Rare Replay on Switch, while monumental, would probably not get the massive reaction he's anticipating.

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
I'm mostly neutral on Banjo in Smash but i just wanna say to be careful. Don't put too much faith in rumors. Sabi is a cool person, and they've got legit leaks and ****, but them and fatmanonice were pretty confidant Geno would make it, but were pretty much proven wrong.

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!

View attachment 224935

View attachment 224936
View attachment 224938
Ohhh man....this is really shaping up to be a make or break moment for our Bear and Bird. With all this stuff seemingly building in our favor it's hard to think clearly and not get blinded with Bias. It sounds selfish for me to say this but I just want Sabi and Fatmonice to give a clear yay or nay when it comes to Banjo. Fatmonice is really making it sound like Banjos return to glory would be the "Red Carpet treatment" on Nintendo's platform since that is where they got their start. Who's this group of people or person we are to look for announcements from? Is it Phil since he's been spearheading this push for Banjo so hard.

Ceq6azfWsAIcZ99.jpg

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I'm mostly neutral on Banjo in Smash but i just wanna say to be careful. Don't put too much faith in rumors. Sabi is a cool person, and they've got legit leaks and ****, but them and fatmanonice were pretty confidant Geno would make it, but were pretty much proven wrong.
Agreed, but I would like to point out, Popeye (Fatmanonice) was a supporter of Geno before Sabi (PolarPanda) came around.

So of course he would have been hopeful regardless. Sabi took it as a neutral stance to begin with. Only stating that her ambassador friend heard of Geno. Never going full in.

I think we can be careful, but hype a bit here and there :D

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Agreed, but I would like to point out, Popeye (Fatmanonice) was a supporter of Geno before Sabi (PolarPanda) came around.

So of course he would have been hopeful regardless. Sabi took it as a neutral stance to begin with. Only stating that her ambassador friend heard of Geno. Never going full in.

I think we can be careful, but hype a bit here and there :D
And I'm pretty sure all they heard about Geno was "NoA seems to be getting really excited about him. People are talking about him a lot. "

SkeffVEVO

Smash Apprentice
And I'm pretty sure all they heard about Geno was "NoA seems to be getting really excited about him. People are talking about him a lot. "
This is true, they mentioned it a few times on the Geno thread, but they (Or just Sabi, I forgot if both of them said this) also mentioned that there is a rumor going around the NOA offices of Geno being in Smash. Both of these statements were made after Smash Ultimate launched as well.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
This is true, they mentioned it a few times on the Geno thread, but they (Or just Sabi, I forgot if both of them said this) also mentioned that there is a rumor going around the NOA offices of Geno being in Smash. Both of these statements were made after Smash Ultimate launched as well.
That falls into the Erdrick trap of "how would they know so far in advance" unless of course SE REALLY is that bad about leaks if people know that far in advance. Would be pretty funny though if Erdrick was leakbait for Geno though.

Quidohmi

Smash Apprentice

Kamek? In Smash? That's cool and all but could we get him in Mario Kart first? Like........

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
That falls into the Erdrick trap of "how would they know so far in advance" unless of course SE REALLY is that bad about leaks if people know that far in advance. Would be pretty funny though if Erdrick was leakbait for Geno though.
Yeah, and as we know (and I recently learned), SE tends to actively fight leaks so their **** being leaked 6 months before being announced sounds too hard to believe. I can believe Pokemon stuff leaking 2 months in advance since Pokemon related stuff tends to leak like a damn sieve, but not Square Enix stuff unless someone outright steals their stuff from somewhere.

Last edited:
Top Bottom