• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Woolly World! There was no apparent reason to cut that, seeing as stages based on less recent games are present.
I never bought the Wii U version (because the 3DS version being on a handheld made it more accessible to me), so I never got to play on the Woolly World stage, so I wouldn't be opposed to it being brought back.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Speaking of stages and such, if they decide to bring back any stages in future updates or DLC like they've done in the past, what stages that haven't returned in Smash Ultimate would you all like to see make a return? Personally, I would like an option to have alternate forms of Battlefield and Final Destination where you can swap Ultimate's Battlefield and Final Destination at will with 64's, Melee's, Brawl's, 3DS', and Wii U's versions of each stage! Wouldn't it be cool to have that option, especially with 64's Battlefield and Final Destination being officially playable in multiplayer for the first time? As for other stages, would really like 3DS' Rainbow Road, 64's Sector Z (even though it's pretty similar to Corneria, I like it for the background and the Great Fox being a lot larger than the one in Corneria), Wii U's Orbital Gate Assault, Melee's Poke Floats, Melee's Mute City, and 3DS' Pac-Maze.
Pac-Maze, Woolly World, and Rainbow Road for sure.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
In terms of previous stages that didn't make the base-game cut for Smash Ulitmate, the main two I hope get put back in as DLC are Poke Floats and Pac-Maze; I think those two would look really cool in HD, and we'd have a Pac-Man stage that wasn't a horizontal scroller. Not to mention, I feel being on the Switch could fix Pac-Maze's slow-down issue.
I really want Jungle Hijinxs. Basically for no reason other than using K. Rool on a DKCR stage would feel so good.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Pac-Maze I feel isn't coming back simply because the whole gimmick of the stage revolved around everyone having their own systems (ghosts only turn blue on one screen, but remained harmful on others).

Poké Floats though... should be brought back.
I have never understood why the mechanic of Pac-Maze HAS to be included in Ultimate. I think it would be pretty simple to ditch the pellet mechanic and just let us have an actual GOOD Pac-Man stage. Of all the Stages to be missing, that one hurt the most because it's the most iconic Pac-Man related thing ever. The Pac-Land stage is atrocious and such a poor representation of Pac-Man.

You could also alternatively just figure out a way to rework the mechanic and give some sort of indicator to who has control of the ghost such as P1 over their heads or something on the character portrait ala Golden Plains in Ultimate. You could also just give a buff for collecting pellets if you wanted to maintain that mechanic as well. You could also say have the Ghosts as just a constant hazard that have to be dodged and go away in the Hazardless version.

There were so many potential solutions to the Pac-Maze mechanic problem, and it's genuinely one of my biggest disappointments with Smash that they didn't make it happen. Pac-Man is one of my favorite characters on the roster and I was really looking forward to a HD Pac-Maze...

Also, agreed on Poke Floats. Honestly, I'd take a Pokemon DLC fighter if it meant we got a new awesome HD Poke Floats. That's a trade I"m willing to make there.

Woolly World! There was no apparent reason to cut that, seeing as stages based on less recent games are present.
I think the going theory on Wooly World was that the physics based platforms didn't play well with 8 players. It's the only stage like that in the series where physics play such a vital role in the stage, and if it was struggling to perform, I can see why they would have dropped it in a game with so many other Yoshi stages. Sure, Fountain of Dreams has the same issues with 8 Ice Climbers, but given how constantly requested that stage was to return, I don't think they could have gotten away with leaving it out in a game that brought back so many others. I mean, it was THE stage a lot of fans seemed to ask for.

I'd love to see some more stage DLC like Smash 4 had outside of characters, I just don't really expect any sadly.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I really want Jungle Hijinxs. Basically for no reason other than using K. Rool on a DKCR stage would feel so good.
As a fellow King K. Rool user I was gonna say the same thing, As much as I love the previous ones from 64 and Melee that are based off of Rare's work on the original Donkey Kong Country series, It was a breath of fresh air to see DK get a new stage from Retro's modern Country series it's also a shame we didn't get stage of from Tropical Freeze.

It would have been awesome to see a DKCR sunset silhouette or Busted Bayou stage in Smash.

Poke Floats would have been awesome to see comeback in HD or possibly use Pokemon from newer generations.

Last edited:

TheHeartbreakKid

Smash Journeyman
Just want to point out that expecting any less than two Fighter Passes is patently absurd, and not something anyone should consider for even a split second.

Smash 4 got 7 characters with a lifespan of less than 5 years on a system that died not too long after its release.

Ultimate came out just over a year after the Switch came out, a system with a guaranteed lifespan of at least 7 years, and people seriously expect only 5 DLC characters?

Nintendo would have to actively despise the notion of smart business and easy money to not do AT LEAST one more fighter pass, if not two.

And stage selection is not a roadblock to that.

Frankly, unless a different Microsoft character is used, Banjo is a lock IMO. Too much visibility, too much hype, and too much time/space for new additions to the roster seeing as the game’s only been out a year, we won’t get another one for at least a decade, and we know there’s at least 4 more fighters coming (but realistically there’s 9 more, possibly even 14 more)

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Just want to point out that expecting any less than two Fighter Passes is patently absurd, and not something anyone should consider for even a split second.

Smash 4 got 7 characters with a lifespan of less than 5 years on a system that died not too long after its release.

Ultimate came out just over a year after the Switch came out, a system with a guaranteed lifespan of at least 7 years, and people seriously expect only 5 DLC characters?

Nintendo would have to actively despise the notion of smart business and easy money to not do AT LEAST one more fighter pass, if not two.

Frankly, unless a different Microsoft character is used, Banjo is a lock IMO
The issue isn't the profitability of multiple seasons of DLC. That's a generally known fact. The issue is that when Sakurai says he's done, that's that. Nintendo has basically confirmed with their constant requests of Sakurai that he's the only one to lead the franchise. He's the only one that they really trust to handle Smash. He doesn't have any chosen successor as far as we know either. With Sakurai being alive, healthy, and well respected, the franchise is extremely unlikely to move on without him, especially in a DLC cycle of the game he already created. The respect Sakurai has earned means that Nintendo is incredibly likely to respect his wishes with regards to the game.

If he decides that he doesn't desire to create more DLC for Smash and sees Ultimate as finished, Nintendo will, in all likelihood, not continue without Sakurai. Ultimate's already a huge success without DLC and will continue to sell millions of copies with or without more DLC during the Switch's lifespan. They're going to make their money off of the base game, Piranha Plant, and the Fighter's Pass as is, so I doubt they'd be all that bothered by it if Ultimate's life cycle came to a definitive end.

As I've said before in other places, Sakurai has been working on Smash exclusively since early 2012. If the Fighter's Pass ends in early 2020, that's eight solid years of nothing but Smash. Sakurai has usually worked on other projects between Smash games with the sole exception of 64 to Melee which was a much different situation. I'd imagine Sakurai would like to work on another project at some point, and another Fighter's Pass probably means another year of Smash development. It's possible he'll decide to stick around, and I don't think they'd let the symmetry of the Stage List stop them of course, but I also don't think it's such a clear cut and guaranteed thing yet. It all depends on Sakurai near the end of this DLC cycle.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Thing is, it seems that for someone who wants to be independent, Sakurai seems to do nothing but work on games that are on Nintendo consoles. Even Meteos, the furthest thing from the other projects he's been involved with in some form, has been on the DS.

Guy just can't break the habit.

tenorwhatev.gif

Given that, I wouldn't be surprised if that's part of the reason why he's such good friends with Itoi; the latter DID manage to stop working on sequels altogether and does whatever he pleases.

Last edited:

DMTN

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of stages and such, if they decide to bring back any stages in future updates or DLC like they've done in the past, what stages that haven't returned in Smash Ultimate would you all like to see make a return? Personally, I would like an option to have alternate forms of Battlefield and Final Destination where you can swap Ultimate's Battlefield and Final Destination at will with 64's, Melee's, Brawl's, 3DS', and Wii U's versions of each stage! Wouldn't it be cool to have that option, especially with 64's Battlefield and Final Destination being officially playable in multiplayer for the first time? As for other stages, would really like 3DS' Rainbow Road, 64's Sector Z (even though it's pretty similar to Corneria, I like it for the background and the Great Fox being a lot larger than the one in Corneria), Wii U's Orbital Gate Assault, Melee's Poke Floats, Melee's Mute City, and 3DS' Pac-Maze.
I mean, of course I would like to see them all back. The more the better. But the only ones I really want back are Rainbow Road and Mute City. Those are the only stages I would consider a great loss.
I'm kinda conflicted on Poké Floats. It's a nostalgic stage and it would be easy to develop. But I still play Melee every week and I rarely have a good time on it. It might be better suited for Ultimate's engine though.
Lastly, I guess I kinda want Pac-Maze back. It's an absolutely terrible stage with little redeeming qualities, but it would provide a second stage for the Namco music to play on.

If Banjo gets in, it would be crazy to see him on the N64/Melee stages. He should have been in those games in the first place, so it's nice that he would still have a chance to visit those stages.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Thing is, it seems that for someone who wants to be independent, Sakurai seems to do nothing but work on games that are on Nintendo consoles. Even Meteos, the furthest thing from the other projects he's been involved with in some form, has been on the DS.

Guy just can't break the habit.

View attachment 207207
Oh, I think Sakurai loves the autonomy that Nintendo gives him with projects. Since he doesn't specifically work for Nintendo, he gets to enjoy his freedom while basically having Nintendo bankroll any project he wants to work on.

I just imagine he has some sort of zany idea for another game besides Smash that he'd like to work on. Even with something that will absolutely be his legacy like Smash, I just imagine he'd like a break from said franchise at some point. The Fighter's Pass would be a good theoretical end point, especially if we get a bunch of content updates like 3.0 that add more substantial content to the game.

At some point, the ride has to stop and Nintendo seems more willing to let things wrap up when developers want to than most other companies.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion

Frankly, unless a different Microsoft character is used, Banjo is a lock IMO. Too much visibility, too much hype, and too much time/space for new additions to the roster seeing as the game’s only been out a year, we won’t get another one for at least a decade, and we know there’s at least 4 more fighters coming (but realistically there’s 9 more, possibly even 14 more)
100% agreed. It's not like they would let Smash die without DLC like they did with Mario Kart 8 deluxe. That would be just Nintendo being stupid business-wise, it's not like they are anywhere close running out of very good dlc choices they can still bring in.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Oh, I think Sakurai loves the autonomy that Nintendo gives him with projects. Since he doesn't specifically work for Nintendo, he gets to enjoy his freedom while basically having Nintendo bankroll any project he wants to work on.

I just imagine he has some sort of zany idea for another game besides Smash that he'd like to work on. Even with something that will absolutely be his legacy like Smash, I just imagine he'd like a break from said franchise at some point. The Fighter's Pass would be a good theoretical end point, especially if we get a bunch of content updates like 3.0 that add more substantial content to the game.

At some point, the ride has to stop and Nintendo seems more willing to let things wrap up when developers want to than most other companies.
As far as I can see, the decisive point is when the pass' final character gets revealed by February, then we'll know what direction he will take from there. Until then, it's nothing but conjecture.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
As far as I can see, the decisive point is when the pass' final character gets revealed by February, then we'll know what direction he will take from there. Until then, it's nothing but conjecture.
Well, yeah, of course. I'm just theorizing based upon the factors I'm seeing surrounding Smash and Sakurai as to how things might work out that doesn't result in more DLC. I just don't think anyone can be 100% confident in more DLC so soon. Nor do I think anyone should be convinced absolutely that there won't be more. It's absolutely way too early to tell when we don't even have the slightest idea who our next character will be in the Fighter's Pass after Joker, and still don't even know how Joker plays for that matter.

It's also a possibility that Sakurai would take an extended break and then return to develop more DLC as opposed to launching right into a second pass. I do agree with the Switch probably having about another 3-4 good years left as of right now, there is the opportunity to take time away and come back.

I just lean towards the idea that Sakurai may want some sort of non-Smash project for a bit. It just makes sense to me I guess.

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
Well, yeah, of course. I'm just theorizing based upon the factors I'm seeing surrounding Smash and Sakurai as to how things might work out that doesn't result in more DLC. I just don't think anyone can be 100% confident in more DLC so soon. Nor do I think anyone should be convinced absolutely that there won't be more. It's absolutely way too early to tell when we don't even have the slightest idea who our next character will be in the Fighter's Pass after Joker, and still don't even know how Joker plays for that matter.

It's also a possibility that Sakurai would take an extended break and then return to develop more DLC as opposed to launching right into a second pass. I do agree with the Switch probably having about another 3-4 good years left as of right now, there is the opportunity to take time away and come back.

I just lean towards the idea that Sakurai may want some sort of non-Smash project for a bit. It just makes sense to me I guess.
crosses fingers for another Kid Icarus game

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Probably a relatively quick game, in all likelihood. Given the slots found in WOL's files, they do at least seem to have some sort of future-proofing in place, in case Sakurai somehow isn't done with Ultimate yet.

crosses fingers for another Kid Icarus game
Still 14 years left to go, so I wouldn't count on it.

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I mean, of course I would like to see them all back. The more the better. But the only ones I really want back are Rainbow Road and Mute City. Those are the only stages I would consider a great loss.
I'm kinda conflicted on Poké Floats. It's a nostalgic stage and it would be easy to develop. But I still play Melee every week and I rarely have a good time on it. It might be better suited for Ultimate's engine though.
Lastly, I guess I kinda want Pac-Maze back. It's an absolutely terrible stage with little redeeming qualities, but it would provide a second stage for the Namco music to play on.

If Banjo gets in, it would be crazy to see him on the N64/Melee stages. He should have been in those games in the first place, so it's nice that he would still have a chance to visit those stages.
Ooooo, you're right, that would be really cool to finally play with Banjo & Kazooie on the N64/Melee stages alongside the N64 vets, especially since they would've still been with Nintendo around that point before the buyout. And yeah, I can agree with you on most of your choices for returning stages, but Pac-Maze represents Pac-Man FAR better than Pac-Land. That level tends to be pretty insufferable to play through. But yeah, really want Poke Floats, Mute City 64, and Rainbow Road back to play on, especially if they're all graphically updated, which I'm sure they would be!

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
I kind of had a shower thought today regarding the 5chan leak. It stated that Steve would have a Master Chief alt. If MC is deconfirmed then this further kills the leak since Microsoft would have to put an NDA on 343 to get the rights. Since the head of the company would've been under NDA he wouldn't be able to say Chief was out.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
I kind of had a shower thought today regarding the 5chan leak. It stated that Steve would have a Master Chief alt. If MC is deconfirmed then this further kills the leak since Microsoft would have to put an NDA on 343 to get the rights. Since the head of the company would've been under NDA he wouldn't be able to say Chief was out.
Wasn't that the leak that said banjo's a costume, and everyone will be revealed at e3?

MangoTwist

Smash Apprentice
After everything these last couple weeks, this is the first time I feel like I would be more surprised to see BK not in the game than in the game.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
It amazes me how many people held on to that post as absolute fact.

BZocky

Smash Ace
i doubt your source, everyone knows smash players don't shower

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
After everything these last couple weeks, this is the first time I feel like I would be more surprised to see BK not in the game than in the game.
Their the one potential newcomer that really has a lot of evidence, demand and momentum going for them right now and all the jiggy's seem to be falling in place.

- Nintendo and Microsoft's partnership via Crossplay & Xbox Live integration and "Possible" Xbox Game Pass

- Smaller Microsoft exclusives making their way to switch with the "Possibility" of bigger franchises like Halo, Gears and Rare IP's making their way over.

- Phil Spencer is on board with Banjo-Kazooie joining Super Smash Bros thus heavy demand for the bear & bird has been snowballing ever since.

- Datamined Rare Spirits in Smash

- Rare Replay is rumored to be coming to the Switch which is a no brainer form a business perspective and without a doubt it will thrive and sell better with Nintendo's audience compared to Xbox's

- N64 is the next in line for the "Classic Treatment" and the possible hold up for it's release is negotiations for Rareware's Library.

I feel the same way, I really have this gut feeling that someway and somehow that Nintendo and Microsoft are going to strike a deal and really end up pulling it off at the end possibly at E3.

(Yeah, yeah I know beware of rumors, hype etc.)

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Well, he actually could. NDAs usually prevent people from just speaking on their involvement on a project so saying MC isn't in, is not the same as saying that he is contributing something to Smash. And technically if MC was a skin it wouldn't even be accurate to say he's not in so Nintendo would really have a hard time saying 343 disclosed secret information. I highly doubt through the logic of possible NDAs we will be able to say who is and is not in Smash.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
https://smashultimatespirits.com/details.php?id=1

Thought you guys might appreciate this! A group of people made 'trophy' descriptions for each of the Spirits in Smash Ultimate! In case you wanted to familiarize or learn more about certain spirits ^^

Their the one potential newcomer that really has a lot of evidence, demand and momentum going for them right now and all the jiggy's seem to be falling in place.

- Nintendo and Microsoft's partnership via Crossplay & Xbox Live integration and "Possible" Xbox Game Pass

- Smaller Microsoft exclusives making their way to switch with the "Possibility" of bigger franchises like Halo, Gears and Rare IP's making their way over.

- Phil Spencer is on board with Banjo-Kazooie joining Super Smash Bros thus heavy demand for the bear & bird has been snowballing ever since.

- Datamined Rare Spirits in Smash

- Rare Replay is rumored to be coming to the Switch which is a no brainer form a business perspective and without a doubt it will thrive and sell better with Nintendo's audience compared to Xbox's

- N64 is the next in line for the "Classic Treatment" and the possible hold up for it's release is negotiations for Rareware's Library.

I feel the same way, I really have this gut feeling that someway and somehow that Nintendo and Microsoft are going to strike a deal and really end up pulling it off at the end possibly at E3.

(Yeah, yeah I know beware of rumors, hype etc.)
That's all incredibly comforting and it really is incredible to see the jigsaw pieces falling into place for them so neatly, but until Sakurai, Nintendo, and Microsoft officially unveil their Smash newcomer trailer, I'm gonna continue holding my breath in anticipation, keeping my fingers crossed, and hoping for the best while remaining objectively skeptical. I really hope this time we aren't left in disappointment!

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
https://smashultimatespirits.com/details.php?id=1

Thought you guys might appreciate this! A group of people made 'trophy' descriptions for each of the Spirits in Smash Ultimate! In case you wanted to familiarize or learn more about certain spirits ^^
Thank you for sharing this! The one thing that makes me think the Spirits are not good replacements for Trophies was their lack of a description for each one that talked about the character/object in question; this makes things better!

Justin Little

Smash Ace
I kinda hope Trophies come back perhaps with a new mode to unlock them. I loved the fake leaks that stated the adventure mode would be like The Great Cave Offensive or Amazing Mirror from the Kirby series. Something like that I think would be cool.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I kinda hope Trophies come back perhaps with a new mode to unlock them. I loved the fake leaks that stated the adventure mode would be like The Great Cave Offensive or Amazing Mirror from the Kirby series. Something like that I think would be cool.
I just don’t see how Trophies are worth the time investment at this point to be honest. They’re a fun collectible and I do miss some of the information stuff, but there’s also the Internet with even deeper amounts of information available on those characters and I’d personally prioritize adding well... anything else to Ultimate. They had a LOT more importance back in Melee and Brawl I think, but by 4 I was already starting to lose interest.

I do miss casually collecting them and songs in like every mode of play though.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
At least I got Peach Castle 64 and Dream Land Game Boy back, anything else would have been gravy at this point anyway.
Brinstar Depths, Fountain of Dreams, Mushroom Kingdom 64, and Subcon returning made me completely satisfied with the stage selection in this game and made up for the lack of new stages in my opinion.

Last edited:

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
Welp 4chan screenshoted me
View attachment 206919
I ****ing hate steve now
Its not so bad. Now you can claim to live rent free in their heads. If anything, them screencapping you destroyed their argument that only old 30 year olds know who Banjo-kazooie is. Turns out I got a time share in some nimrods skull for zilch! This happened at work, where I cannot post to 4Chan due to phone IP restrictions. Yet this numbskull assumed this post was me. Funny how we share screencaps of 4chan idiocy under anonymity and censored usernames, yet these trolls are willing to do the same without at least blocking out our usernames. They now want to claim we do the same? Need I remind you all that their discord thread raiding group was first screen capped by a 3rd party, not affiliated with our group.

20190412_015327.jpg

I know we are putting this drama behind us, I just want to share just how imbecilic these haters are. If anything this means I should stock up on my ATHF Carl memes.

Justin Little

Smash Ace
I just don’t see how Trophies are worth the time investment at this point to be honest. They’re a fun collectible and I do miss some of the information stuff, but there’s also the Internet with even deeper amounts of information available on those characters and I’d personally prioritize adding well... anything else to Ultimate. They had a LOT more importance back in Melee and Brawl I think, but by 4 I was already starting to lose interest.

I do miss casually collecting them and songs in like every mode of play though.
While it's true we have all the information thanks to the internet, the Spirits fail to make me interested in the character and not enough for me to care to look them up. I think they should have at least given descriptions for each Spirit. Trophies were more convenient in that respect.

Plus, they were fun dioramas to mess around with which made collecting fun and rewarding. I personally love collecting nerdy models IRL so I am a little bias too. :)

Last edited:

Zipzter

Smash Apprentice
Why the heck would Mewtwo be moved down by the miis? Like, I get that they're repurposing certain characters to make the build process easier, but that wouldn't warrent moving an entire character out of position on the chronologically-based roster list.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Can anyone read moon runes?

http://i.4cdn.org/v/1555067087193.jpg

I know this is probably fake.

And apparently, selecting the blue gannon loads up mewtwo and selecting the mewtwo at the bottom crashes the game(this info was in the thread I found this pic in)
It's hard to know what we're even supposed to be looking at. Why's there a random Ganondorf next to Ganondorf?

Last edited:

Brothanigus

Smash Apprentice
It's hard to know what we're even supposed to be looking at. Why's there a random Ganondorf next to Ganondorf?
There are three blank spots at the bottom, supposedly the nickname for the dlc characters. Apparently the blue ganondorf is mewtwo, and the mewtwo at the bottom is a dlc character.

Top Bottom