• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Heck I'm starting to think stuff was delayed unless they were seriously like "yeah we can wait till the end of April to talk about Joker because you want to announce a female alt"
That settles it. We're getting a direct on April 30th at 11:59 pm

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
So I am pretty sure we might only be getting 1 fighter pass. Someone did a mockup on how the stage selection screen would work with the stage builder. Basically is now or never for Banjo.
View attachment 206916
They can always just add more slots. But I don't see that personally happening. Unless of course they get rid of the Random button. Add a "More stages" button to the very bottom left corner next to stage builder. And make Random a button prompt instead.
Not necessarily- a second (or third) fighters pass could absolutely happen...just not with new series. Remember, Corrin didn't get a new stage, just music. If a second pass consisted of popular assist trophy converts who wouldn't need a new stage, say Waluigi, Shadow, Skull Kid, Krystal, and like Alucard or something, it could work out. Or they could add a second page like with Wii U and 3DS and add new series. But I still think a second (or third) pass is super likely.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
The stage select screen has no bearing on whether or not we got more characters. Does anyone seriously think they're going to say "well we WOULD do more DLC, but darn that stage selection screen is full so we won't bother"?

Maybe, just maybe they'd do a toggle for a 2nd page like the other games that had DLC...

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
Since we are on stages. Spiral Mountain or Top of Grunty's lair? I like the latter just to have a Grunty Boss battle.

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
Don't Know if my most wanted smash character list has changed or not but these are my current Top 5 (might of changed based on what I'm currently playing)

1: Banjo & Kazooie
2: Frank West & Chuck Green echo
3: Zeke & Julie (echo or alt skin) From Zombies Ate My Neighbors (who are owned by Disney now I think so put them in Kingdom Hearts 4 ! )
4: Kite & Azure Kite echo (will float like dark samus) from .hack
5: Tiny(old design) , Chunky & Lanky Kong ! YES all 3 ! they work like pokemon trainer & switch out via Tag Barrel when you press down B

Sure there are more characters I would like but these are my current top five .....ish characters counting their echos

Mr. Stagg Mr. Stagg Maybe both Spiral Moutain stage that moves around & top of gruntys tower is part of it Maybe a gloomy spiral moutain vertion as well ?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

We have to look deeper into everything is awesome.

Everything is awesome, everything is cool when your part of a team (Banjo and Kazooie are a great team)
Everything is awesome, when you're living out a dream (Banjo-Threeie and Banjo in smash is a dream)
Everything is better when we stick together (see line 1)
Some have said you and I are gonna win forever? (see line 1)
Lets party forever (it's always a party with Banjo & Kazooie around)
We're the same unlike you, you're like me we're all working in harmony (see line 1)

It all just adds up. it's so obvious smh
Funny enough that grant isn’t liking the comments that mention banjo in smash.

Which makes me think Nintendo contacted him to do some remixes for banjo in smash.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Since we are on stages. Spiral Mountain or Top of Grunty's lair? I like the latter just to have a Grunty Boss battle.
I was thinking we could have a delfino plaza esque stage. Starts off at spiral mountain, then platforms will take you to various worlds from the first game and tooie.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Pretty much what EpicElliot and Lycan Rex said, I'd personally want Spiral Mountain, as it appeared in Banjo-Kazooie, updated in HD rendering, of course, as a moving stage like Delfino Plaza, the Halberd, and Wuhu Island (among other traveling stages) where you fight in each major location of Spiral Mountain, starting off in front of Banjo & Kazooie's blue house, randomly going to different parts of the hub including the vegetable garden where you learn how to Rat-a-Tat-Tap and Claw Swipe and a carrot, onion, or cauliflower randomly pop out (as well as appearing throughout the stage randomly as well), the stumps where you learn how to Flip Flap, the quarry where you smash rocks with the Beak Barge, the little bridge in front of the waterfall, the platforms leading up to the waterfall, atop Spiral Mountain in front of Gruntilda's Lair, and then finally atop Gruntilda's Lair where Gruntilda's waiting to taunt you with insults, maybe give you a trivia question or two, and attack you with magic! Was also thinking Jinjos might pop up at random that if one player manages to successfully collect them all before anyone else, the Jinjonator is summoned to dispense Gruntilda and any players who were unable to rescue all the Jinjos! Might be a bit much, but just goes to show there's a lot of potential for Banjo & Kazooie and their stage, which doesn't even necessarily have to be Spiral Mountain, a Gruntilda's Lair or Isle of Hags stage would be cool too. But for my money, I personally think Spiral Mountain, while not the most extravagant option, is the best representation for the bear and bird's home stage in Smash. They could even have characters from Banjo-Kazooie, Tooie, and Nuts n' Bolts show up to root on the fighters throughout the stage, like Bottles, Tooty, Mumbo Jumbo, Brentilda, the Jinjos, Boggy, Gobi, Humba Wumba, Jamjars, King Jingaling, Mr. Fit, and even Trophy Thomas!

Last edited:

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!

Which makes me think Nintendo contacted him to do some remixes for banjo in smash.
Grant did some excellent work on the Rabbids game. I can only hope that goodwill is paying dividends. Grant himself mentioned how intimidating it was to work on official Nintendo themes. Seems the old boy pulled through.

D

Deleted member

Well here’s something interesting
It’s best we don’t bug him like we did with Aubrey ok?

Last edited by a moderator:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
This seems more like he is messing with everyone more then anything.
At this point i feel like anything anyone says is just to mess with fans. If something truly was happening I don't think anyone important would even be able to reply anything since these days people over-analyze stuff and literally "hello" is almost spoiling things already, lol.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Well here’s something interesting
It’s best we don’t bug him like we did with Aubrey ok?
This doesn't necessarily mean anything for Smash.

It's probably more likely that he'd be referring to Mario+Rabbids 2, or even a Banjo remake than it is to do with Smash. I don't think Sakurai would ask Grant for any input on Smash, he didn't for David Wise.

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229

I remember when he retweeted stuff about the Grinch Leak lol. He really isn't the kind of guy to ignore stuff like that , there could be something...

Maybe I'm over-analyzing it , but we all know what happned with Wayforward and Shantae. Please B&K don't be an assist or something like that

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Heck I know if I was in Grant's position I would do everything in my power to mess with people.

Post random pictures of puzzles and bears. Keep hinting at stuff that is not happening. It would be to easy.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Everything going on with Banjo kinda reminds me of pre Shulk reveal in Smash 4, but to somewhat greater extent.

Back in the ed day, Adam Howden was being very mysterious about a new job he was working on.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I actually just scrolled through some of Grant's likes and he hasn't liked anything mentioning Smash (ctrl+f) aside from a K. Rool meme for a while anyway.

I still don't think he'd have any involvement in Smash though.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
This seems like he is messing with everyone more then anything.
Yeah, this is Grant Kirkhope of all people. I've followed his Twitter for eons and shared words with the dude once or twice. Trust me, he's a chronic ****poster when it comes to messing with people (but we love him for that). I wouldn't take it too seriously.

LogFrog

Smash Apprentice
I actually just scrolled through some of Grant's likes and he hasn't liked anything mentioning Smash (ctrl+f) aside from a K. Rool meme for a while anyway.

I still don't think he'd have any involvement in Smash though.
It’s unlikely, but I do think Grant could work on it. He’s essentially a celebrity at this point and pretty much everyone knows about him. You don’t see other Rare composers like Graeme Norgate or Robin Beanland get as much attention as Grant does. David Wise is still a close second but he’s still never done a remix for Smash.

Has there ever been a remix in Smash composed by a non-Japanese composer though?

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
It’s unlikely, but I do think Grant could work on it. He’s essentially a celebrity at this point and pretty much everyone knows about him. You don’t see other Rare composers like Graeme Norgate or Robin Beanland get as much attention as Grant does. David Wise is still a close second but he’s still never done a remix for Smash.

Has there ever been a remix in Smash composed by a non-Japanese composer though?
Not to my knowledge, and Grant is arguably no more important to the BK soundtrack than David Wise was to DK so it's very unlikely that they'd use him.

And besides, even if this was Smash related it could be that they're adding Mario+Rabbids music to Smash.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master

They've never had a reason to work with a Western composer considering how every character in Smash is owned by a Japanese developer.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I just had someone on GameFaqs tell me that Steve doesn’t need to have facial expressions or any expression of character and now I’m wheezing. (Sorry CJBrine)
nah it's fine, I agree he'd look odd if his face stayed the same the whole time.

To show expression, I think they could change the pixels on his face, similar to the video I shared before and how it's done in Minecraft: Dungeons (though maybe without the tops of the eyes being slanted down, but his pupils could slide to one side and he could still blink, and maybe his eyes could grow a bit bigger (2x2 pixels instead of 2x1) when taking a big hit).

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
nah it's fine, I agree he'd look odd if his face stayed the same the whole time.

To show expression, I think they could change the pixels on his face, similar to the video I shared before and how it's done in Minecraft: Dungeons (though maybe without the tops of the eyes being slanted down, but his pupils could slide to one side and he could still blink, and maybe his eyes could grow a bit bigger (2x2 pixels instead of 2x1) when taking a big hit).
I still think that would be rather odd looking. I personally think Minecraft human models are really not something you should try adding really good animations to. Because it looks unnatural compared to their environment and we are all kinda used to them having a very limited and simple animation set. It gives it a charm.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
At this point i feel like anything anyone says is just to mess with fans. If something truly was happening I don't think anyone important would even be able to reply anything since these days people over-analyze stuff and literally "hello" is almost spoiling things already, lol.
Incidentally, Ryuji's VA compared the Smash logo to the black hole news recently.

Clearly, it's obvious that the Smash fanbase is a laughing stock at this point. Even more than usual. Nobody can post about their breakfast without someone here or elsewhere thinking it's a hint towards something.

Heck I'm starting to think stuff was delayed unless they were seriously like "yeah we can wait till the end of April to talk about Joker because you want to announce a female alt"
If that truly does happen, I really have to question why it's so important for Atlus to hide an alt for what may just be a main character. It's not as if this were hiding the true identity of Fei in Xenogears that's a massive plot point.

That settles it. We're getting a direct on April 30th at 11:59 pm
So, somebody thought the same thing as I did.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I still think that would be rather odd looking. I personally think Minecraft human models are really not something you should try adding really good animations to. Because it looks unnatural compared to their environment and we are all kinda used to them having a very limited and simple animation set. It gives it a charm.
tbh I really wouldn't mind too much if he was expressionless, though I would like to see some nice animations for Steve that still fit Minecraft's style (please no Story Mode).

Last edited:

MangoTwist

Smash Apprentice

If we're getting conspiratorial, Grant also replied to a few other comments in that thread. One was about whether it was Harry Potter (he replied "I wish"). However he did not reply to an earlier tweet (according to timestamps) that asked if it was a Spiral Mountain remix for Banjo as Smash DLC.

He has replied to Banjo in Smash tweets in the past though (such as the "Never gonna happen" tweet).

HMMMMM

edit: I'm stupid, Harry Potter one was 20 minutes before

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
If we're getting conspiratorial, Grant also replied to a few other comments in that thread. One was about whether it was Harry Potter (he replied "I wish"). However he did not reply to an earlier tweet (according to timestamps) that asked if it was a Spiral Mountain remix for Banjo as Smash DLC.

He has replied to Banjo in Smash tweets in the past though (such as the "Never gonna happen" tweet).

HMMMMM
I would think he is fishing for those comments just to ignore them. He knows exactly how his twitter threads normally go. And nothing bothers people more then silence.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
i feel like phil is pulling our strings on whether or not the duo are potentially in or fearful not, i hope he's not trying to screw with us.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Regarding the idea that there is only one fighter pass due to the level select screen, couldnt they just, you know, add a new row at the bottom? Its not like they cant bring the whole box of levels up a little bit to add enough space for a new row to squeeze in, adding 11 more spots to the screen on top of the 6 blank spots we already have.

Im unsure that they will do another fighter pass, but the level select screen is the absolute last reason I think they will opt out.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Regarding the idea that there is only one fighter pass due to the level select screen, couldnt they just, you know, add a new row at the bottom? Its not like they cant bring the whole box of levels up a little bit to add enough space for a new row to squeeze in, adding 11 more spots to the screen on top of the 6 blank spots we already have.

Im unsure that they will do another fighter pass, but the level select screen is the absolute last reason I think they will opt out.
I was going off based off the context that they would have designed the stage selection screen with the DLC/Stage Builder in mind already. So thats why there would be just enough slots for 5 dlc characters and stage builder. I don't know how much work would be required to change the whole stage selection screen to add another row however.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Speaking of stages and such, if they decide to bring back any stages in future updates or DLC like they've done in the past, what stages that haven't returned in Smash Ultimate would you all like to see make a return? Personally, I would like an option to have alternate forms of Battlefield and Final Destination where you can swap Ultimate's Battlefield and Final Destination at will with 64's, Melee's, Brawl's, 3DS', and Wii U's versions of each stage! Wouldn't it be cool to have that option, especially with 64's Battlefield and Final Destination being officially playable in multiplayer for the first time? As for other stages, would really like 3DS' Rainbow Road, 64's Sector Z (even though it's pretty similar to Corneria, I like it for the background and the Great Fox being a lot larger than the one in Corneria), Wii U's Orbital Gate Assault, Melee's Poke Floats, Melee's Mute City, and 3DS' Pac-Maze.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Speaking of stages and such, if they decide to bring back any stages in future updates or DLC like they've done in the past, what stages that haven't returned in Smash Ultimate would you all like to see make a return? Personally, I would like an option to have alternate forms of Battlefield and Final Destination where you can swap Ultimate's Battlefield and Final Destination at will with 64's, Melee's, Brawl's, 3DS', and Wii U's versions of each stage! Wouldn't it be cool to have that option, especially with 64's Battlefield and Final Destination being officially playable in multiplayer for the first time? As for other stages, would really like 3DS' Rainbow Road, 64's Sector Z (even though it's pretty similar to Corneria, I like it for the background and the Great Fox being a lot larger than the one in Corneria), Wii U's Orbital Gate Assault, Melee's Poke Floats, Melee's Mute City, and 3DS' Pac-Maze.
I'd like those stages as well as Meta Crystal (Metal Mario's stage) from Smash 64.

also Icicle Mountain.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
In terms of previous stages that didn't make the base-game cut for Smash Ulitmate, the main two I hope get put back in as DLC are Poke Floats and Pac-Maze; I think those two would look really cool in HD, and we'd have a Pac-Man stage that wasn't a horizontal scroller. Not to mention, I feel being on the Switch could fix Pac-Maze's slow-down issue.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
In terms of previous stages that didn't make the base-game cut for Smash Ulitmate, the main two I hope get put back in as DLC are Poke Floats and Pac-Maze; I think those two would look really cool in HD, and we'd have a Pac-Man stage that wasn't a horizontal scroller. Not to mention, I feel being on the Switch could fix Pac-Maze's slow-down issue.
Pac-Maze I feel isn't coming back simply because the whole gimmick of the stage revolved around everyone having their own systems (ghosts only turn blue on one screen, but remained harmful on others).

Poké Floats though... should be brought back.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Woolly World! There was no apparent reason to cut that, seeing as stages based on less recent games are present.

Last edited:
Top Bottom