• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
It's scary how far people will dig just to find something to use against you because they disagree.
Funny how the Steve trolls raided so many Banjo threads for months and then start whining and complaining when their discord link got leaked and some raided back. Alternatively I'm certain some of them simply changed their names and avatars to perform a mock raid on themselves for screencaps. With that they can whirl around and claim victimhood. Its pathetic.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It isn’t just 4chan...
There was a problem fetching the tweet
And I regret making that **** in the first place
Somedays, I'm glad that I'm barely noticed.

This is an artist's rendition of the DK, Banjo, and Conker world. https://twitter.com/camreigle

Always love this kind of thing, I've also seen one for the Mario world once. Props on even including Mr. Pants' setting!

Though it kinda bugs me that the Northern Kremisphere is in the South, but that's a minor quibble.

To think this was done by DK Vine's very own editor.

I may be looking into things too much but what do we think about this
He seems to be responding to nuts and bolts posts. Could be a banjo referrence but that could be reaching.
Lego deal with Banjo? Ha, I wish...

Last edited:

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
In my opinion, just because both sides feel pressured due to one available slot doesn't mean that there has to be rude comments going Steve's way 24/7. I'm not saying Steve fans are completely innocent, but regardless of what site I'm on I always see a barrage of Steve hatred coming from Banjo fans. I get it, Minecraft is a meme and it attracts a lot of trolls, but what will it take to make people actually realize that Steve is a serious choice by many? What will it take to make people realize that Minecraft is a juggernaut that easily overshadows Banjo-Kazooie as a franchise? (No disrespect to Banjo fans, but it's just the truth). I just want people to start being more mature around here because I see a lot worse things on other sites and I don't want that leaking into here. I'm sure we can all be mature enough to restrain ourselves from making a petty comment about Steve whenever he's mentioned if we tried our hardest.

(I'm really sorry if I offended anyone with this, that wasn't my intentions). Rant over.
Just as certain people here tend to generalize when talking about Steve fans, you seem to be doing the same right now with Banjo fans. While it is unfortunately true there are those who make it a point to bash on Steve here, they by no means represent the opinions of us all. I'm here an obscene amount of time each day (the last time I missed a post was in the 700s I would bet) and I can assure you, an overwhelming majority of regulars post nothing along those lines.
True, the very few who do, post often enough that it can seem almost constant at times but there have been many occasions where the more sensible of us have called them out or politely reminded the thread to be civil.
That being said, we can never just remove the immature.
I'm sorry that you can feel attacked as a Steve fan but please realize it's not all of us who are bad. I'd say it might be more appropriate/effective to privately message those you feel are the biggest offenders, but given how they can behave in public, I'm not sure how much good it will do.
I hope this post hasn't upset you in any way. That wasn't my intent. Just wanted to remind you and everyone else here that people are individuals and you should never project your impression of one onto the entire group they claim to identify with.
Everyone has a character who is special to them. Let them have theirs while you hold yours. Disrespect earns you nothing at the end of the day. Thanks you :)

LetsRockBaby

Smash Rookie
Tbf I also ****post on both sides. I like to make fun of both banjo and steve. I am more for banjo than steve of course, but all the horrid and grotesque steve renders people post to mock everyone else is freaking hilarious with its absurdity.
Being in the server where most Steveposters gather, I can confirm to you they have a similar feeling. They see it more as just a bit of fun ****posting, you either give them the reactions they want or play along with the Steveposting. There's very little actual aggression other than "le edgi humour".

LetsRockBaby

Smash Rookie
Funny how the Steve trolls raided so many Banjo threads for months and then start whining and complaining when their discord link got leaked and some raided back. Alternatively I'm certain some of them simply changed their names and avatars to perform a mock raid on themselves for screencaps. With that they can whirl around and claim victimhood. Its pathetic.
It was never leaked, they constantly went out of their way to post the link to random /v/ threads, presumably just expecting some magic filtration to keep people they're not buddy-buddy with out. The most that was "leaked" were screencaps on the /v/ threads from people who the Steveposters had, y'know, WILLINGLY invited to their server.

tl;dr: they're not the brightest bunch at times, they've complained about actions SURPRISINGLY having conesequences (shocking I know) and didn't spot "spies" coming even when they were right up-front.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Just as certain people here tend to generalize when talking about Steve fans, you seem to be doing the same right now with Banjo fans. While it is unfortunately true there are those who make it a point to bash on Steve here, they by no means represent the opinions of us all. I'm here an obscene amount of time each day (the last time I missed a post was in the 700s I would bet) and I can assure you, an overwhelming majority of regulars post nothing along those lines.
True, the very few who do, post often enough that it can seem almost constant at times but there have been many occasions where the more sensible of us have called them out or politely reminded the thread to be civil.
That being said, we can never just remove the immature.
I'm sorry that you can feel attacked as a Steve fan but please realize it's not all of us who are bad. I'd say it might be more appropriate/effective to privately message those you feel are the biggest offenders, but given how they can behave in public, I'm not sure how much good it will do.
I hope this post hasn't upset you in any way. That wasn't my intent. Just wanted to remind you and everyone else here that people are individuals and you should never project your impression of one onto the entire group they claim to identify with.
Everyone has a character who is special to them. Let them have theirs while you hold yours. Disrespect earns you nothing at the end of the day. Thanks you :)
My intentions were not to generalize Banjo fans, but rather discuss the issue without naming anyone specifically, though I can see how my message could be misinterpreted, so I wanted to apologize for that. Thank you so much for addressing this. I just don't want to see any more bad blood between Steve and Banjo. Anywho, I really appreciate this post.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
To think Clanker was a real whale or shark in the beta.

Then, in the final game, he seems like a machine, yet there's flesh inside of him.

Grunty what did you do

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
I mean Sakurai does bend over backwards to justify characters. That's why he shrunk Ridley and gave Piranha Plant a potted plant. A lot of characters in Smash don't make sense when compared to their source material. I just don't think something as trivial as a jump would stop Sakurai from including Captain Toad if he wanted to.
Actually I think the Piranha Plant we got in Smash was inspired by Mario Party DS. He was in a pot and blew those metal spike balls into the air

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Actually I think the Piranha Plant we got in Smash was inspired by Mario Party DS. He was in a pot and blew those metal spike balls into the air
Actually, there's a variant that did that in SMB3. Though I still think they ran out of time for an odd character and decided to go for something that wouldn't be too elaborate to design.

Ah damn. It's silly how long it's taking for the next fighter to be revealed.
At least they'll (presumably) stop restraining themselves once this month ends, if they want to reach the pass' deadline by next year.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Ah damn. It's silly how long it's taking for the next fighter to be revealed.
This is nothing, the real torturous waits were during Sm4sh's run. Remember when it was first announced and we got word of Villager, Mega Man, and Wii Fit Trainer, and then practically nothing but veteran returns sporadically from June to December, and it wasn't until December that we FINALLY got a newcomer with Rosalina & Luma. The following year wasn't so bad, especially since the game was coming out that holiday season, but still, compared to that, Ultimate's reveals have been much less stressful in terms of waiting. And take heart in knowing that we're only getting newcomer reveals from here out, because everyone who was ever in Smash has already returned! And hopefully at least one of these newcomer reveals will be nothing but hype-inducing, if you know who I mean ;)

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
It isn’t just 4chan...
There was a problem fetching the tweet
And I regret making that **** in the first place
Ironically that guy is a massive stalker, has been harassing me and stalking me with alts on twitter for ages.

Even more ironically, he now trolls Banjo fans, but tweets (he's since deleted) showed him supporting Banjo a few months ago lol.

Paddypoop

Smash Rookie
I do not recall any steve posters whining and complaining about being raided, only pointing out the hypocrisy of Banjo posters saying they never raid, especially considering it happened almost directly after someone said it never happens. In the discord itself, we literally all laughed about it and carried on with what we were saying only a few minutes before.

The Person who started it was PKBanjo-Kazooie, someone who has had a history of mucking up other places, apparently.
https://twitter.com/PKBanjoKazooie/status/1116051543768338435
Heren's the proof. As to who his "Friends" are, I have no idea. They were all added minutes before spamming, so they couldn't have simply been someone from the group changing their name.

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
Best I think I can hope for atm:
1. Joker
2. Erdrick
3. Banjo
4. Spyro/anyone cool
5. Sora

Annoying but acceptable:
1. Joker
2. Erdrick
3. Edelgard
4. Banjo
5. Spyro/anyone cool

Feeling Desperation:
1. Joker
2. Erdrick
3. Edelgard
4. Grookey
5. Banjo

FML aka Probably:
1. Joker
2. Erdrick
3. Edelgard
4. Grookey
5. One of the Marines

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
So I am pretty sure we might only be getting 1 fighter pass. Someone did a mockup on how the stage selection screen would work with the stage builder. Basically is now or never for Banjo.
grafik.png
They can always just add more slots. But I don't see that personally happening. Unless of course they get rid of the Random button. Add a "More stages" button to the very bottom left corner next to stage builder. And make Random a button prompt instead.

Last edited:

Zipzter

Smash Apprentice
And we can't forget about the Elasto-Piranhas from Partners In Time that walked around in pots with extendable necks that shot projectiles.

Top Bottom