• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
just fight 'em with Friendly Steve.
But they’ll try and turn it into creepy Steve.

To go there and/or showcase their posts here only serves to welcome them.

We must not stoop to their level. Ignorance is the best tool we have.

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
Welp 4chan screenshoted me
View attachment 206919
I ****ing hate steve now
Best course of action here is to just completely ignore those fools both here and on 4chan. If they want to get uppity about raiding parties they are the real hypocrites here. One bad Banjo fan does not constitute the whole fan base where same applies to the Steve fanbase, though that won't stop the trolls from claiming that. Until people start getting dox'ed I will not worry about this. The fools in that discord group are just salty that they got a taste of their own medicine and are trying to act all uppity and smug to hide it.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
So I am pretty sure we might only be getting 1 fighter pass. Someone did a mockup on how the stage selection screen would work with the stage builder. Basically is now or never for Banjo.
View attachment 206916
They can always just add more slots. But I don't see that personally happening. Unless of course they get rid of the Random button. Add a "More stages" button to the very bottom left corner next to stage builder. And make Random a button prompt instead.
I don’t think the select screen fitting perfectly matters. Remember when the Grinch Leak’s CSS would’ve fit perfectly?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
when was the last time Phil Spencer or Rare said anything about Banjo-Kazooie and Smash?

I saw someone say Nov. 1st, but also that they're not disconfirmed so he wasn't trying to say they were, but since it seems like a date where it'd likely disconfirm them it made me kinda worried; however, I couldn't find anything from November last year, so I'm guessing it was misinfo.

Actually...wasn't the last time in August? I think it was brought up in here some pages ago. I think it was also Rare saying they wouldn't know or something, and possibly before negotiations for them started.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
when was the last time Phil Spencer or Rare said anything about Banjo-Kazooie and Smash?

I saw someone say Nov. 1st, but also that they're not disconfirmed so he wasn't trying to say they were, but since it seems like a date where it'd likely disconfirm them it made me kinda worried; however, I couldn't find anything from November last year, so I'm guessing it was misinfo.

Actually...wasn't the last time in August? I think it was brought up in here some pages ago. I think it was also Rare saying they wouldn't know or something, and possibly before negotiations for them started.
Phil and Rare haven't said anything about Banjo/Smash for a good year+

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
We have to look deeper into everything is awesome.

Everything is awesome, everything is cool when your part of a team (Banjo and Kazooie are a great team)
Everything is awesome, when you're living out a dream (Banjo-Threeie and Banjo in smash is a dream)
Everything is better when we stick together (see line 1)
Some have said you and I are gonna win forever? (see line 1)
Lets party forever (it's always a party with Banjo & Kazooie around)
We're the same unlike you, you're like me we're all working in harmony (see line 1)

It all just adds up. it's so obvious smh

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
In my opinion, just because both sides feel pressured due to one available slot doesn't mean that there has to be rude comments going Steve's way 24/7. I'm not saying Steve fans are completely innocent, but regardless of what site I'm on I always see a barrage of Steve hatred coming from Banjo fans. I get it, Minecraft is a meme and it attracts a lot of trolls, but what will it take to make people actually realize that Steve is a serious choice by many? What will it take to make people realize that Minecraft is a juggernaut that easily overshadows Banjo-Kazooie as a franchise? (No disrespect to Banjo fans, but it's just the truth). I just want people to start being more mature around here because I see a lot worse things on other sites and I don't want that leaking into here. I'm sure we can all be mature enough to restrain ourselves from making a petty comment about Steve whenever he's mentioned if we tried our hardest.

(I'm really sorry if I offended anyone with this, that wasn't my intentions). Rant over.
No offense, But I kind of hate the fact when someone brings up and assumes that Banjo-Kazooie fans are jealous of Minecraft just because how big it is and how it overshadows BK. I and many Banjo-Kazooie fans aren't denying the fact that it's not iconic, Whether you like or hate Minecraft there's no doubt that it has made an impact in gaming and I'm not afraid to admit that while they were an N64 icon and Rare played a major role in Nintendo's history in the 90's, Banjo-Kazooie is a dead franchise and has become irelevant ,But that doesn't mean that he can't make a major comeback.

My personal reasons for not liking Minecraft is because of it's unappealing artsyle, parts of it's young cringy obnoxious community and how Steve is such an unappealing generic character, That being said I have always strongly believed and stated multiple times that 3rd Party Characters have to be icons and/or have strong ties to Nintendo and as much as I hate to admit it and as someone who flatout hates Steve and Minecraft, they fit my criteria for what should be eligible for Smash and have made a big impact in gaming, Though I personally think it would fit better as a stage than a character ,But still qualifies for Smash representation.

The main reason many fans of Banjo-Kazooie despise Minecraft it's based on frustration and is seen as competition. The franchise has gotten a rotten deal ever since the buyout and are just aggravated on how the franchise has been neglected for nearly 20 years, Banjo-Kazooie predates MC over a decade and have been demanded before some of their fans were even born and then you have some MC fans who say Steve should get in over BK because MC is so successful and BK is washed up, irrelevant and can only be a Duck Hunt echo.

So now after all these years and having a legitimate shot of finally making the roster only to have the idea of a character of a newer franchise that represents a different demographic and younger generation of gamers that's also owned by Microsoft potentially stealing their roster spot really pisses off longtime fans of BK and Smash that's why both fanbases are constantly going at it.

Last edited:

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!

Everything is awesome, everything is cool when your part of a team (Banjo and Kazooie are a great team)
Everything is awesome, when you're living out a dream (Banjo-Threeie and Banjo in smash is a dream)
Everything is better when we stick together (see line 1)
Some have said you and I are gonna win forever? (see line 1)
Lets party forever (it's always a party with Banjo & Kazooie around)
We're the same unlike you, you're like me we're all working in harmony (see line 1)

Grant Is a cheeky little bugger. But I love him for it.

Justin Little

Smash Ace

Don't forget also, Banjo Kazooie started out as Project Dream. :surprised:

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
No offense, But I kind of hate the fact when someone brings up and assumes that Banjo-Kazooie fans are jealous of Minecraft just because how big it is and how it overshadows BK. I and many Banjo-Kazooie fans aren't denying the fact that it's not iconic, Whether you like or hate Minecraft there's no doubt that it has made an impact in gaming and I'm not afraid to admit that while they were an N64 icon and Rare played a major role in Nintendo's history in the 90's, Banjo-Kazooie is a dead franchise and has become irelevant ,But that doesn't mean that he can't make a major comeback.

My personal reasons for not liking Minecraft is because of it's unappealing artsyle, parts of it's young cringy obnoxious community and how Steve is such an unappealing generic character, That being said I have always strongly believed and stated multiple times that 3rd Party Characters have to be icons and/or have strong ties to Nintendo and as much as I hate to admit it and as someone who flatout hates Steve and Minecraft, they fit my criteria for what should be eligible for Smash and have made a big impact in gaming, Though I personally think it would fit better as a stage than a character ,But still qualifies for Smash representation.

The main reason many fans of Banjo-Kazooie despise Minecraft it's based on frustration and is seen as competition. The franchise has gotten a rotten deal ever since the buyout and are just aggravated on how the franchise has been neglected for nearly 20 years, Banjo-Kazooie predates MC over a decade and have been demanded before some of their fans were even born and then you have some MC fans who say Steve should get in over BK because MC is so successful and BK is washed up, irrelevant and can only be a Duck Hunt echo.

So now after all these years and having a legitimate shot of finally making the roster only to have the idea of a character of a newer franchise that represents a different demographic and younger generation of gamers that's also owned by Microsoft potentially stealing their roster spot really pisses off longtime fans of BK and Smash that's why both fanbases are constantly going at it.
I've thought this over numerous times... I can see where you're coming from, but something just doesn't sit well with me. I might have to get back to you with a more detailed response...

osby

Smash Obsessed

That's honestly not an excuse to act rude towards a fanbase.

If people support Steve in goodwill, let them. If people use Steve to troll other fans...well, let them as long as it's not on this site. Bringing outside drama to here is not helpful or constructive.

I don't think Steve and Banjo are rivals just because they are owned by the same company but even if they are, that shouldn't turn into a war between fanbases.

Be the bigger person.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I sometimes have to remind myself that Banjo got his start in Diddy Kong Racing, and it makes me smile knowing Banjo & Kazooie are technically a sub-universe part of the Mario universe if they exist in the Donkey Kong universe, which is another sub-universe of Mario's along with Yoshi and Wario. So, that begs the question, how many third-party characters are out there that have such a strange but intimate connection to Nintendo as Banjo (and technically Conker, if we're getting down to it as well)? No longer a mainstay on Nintendo consoles and owned by a competing video game company, yet was technically connected to their flagship franchise through the Donkey Kong franchise via Diddy Kong Racing.
That’s true and often forgotten. Shame that Nintendo and Rare somehow retconned it through DKR DS where Conker and Banjo where replaced on the roster for Dixie and Tiny. But still, it’s clear the universes are connected. There was even a Mario 2D sprite somewhere in Nuts and Bolts I remember? I never played the game, but there where references to Mario / Nintendo through the game I read.

I would imagine that they still are and would still be happy to see each other, But I always get the vibe that they kind of lost touch over the years (Like an old friend you haven't really seen since childhood) with Conker's heavy drinking and other problems he's been battling.
To be honest they still seem rather similar. Yet Diddy’s been held back a little due to DKC being more child friendly. DK64 in the beta version had real guns. I bet they would still hang out, but have a bit of a difference in their outlook of live. They’d probably joke about Diddy being involved more with Mario and the gang, have a beer or banana juice together and just remember the good old days. Either that or they outgrew each other.

In general, friends don’t let each other down even if there’s personal problems or bad habits. It’s those moments where friends matter most honestly.

Diddy and Banjo would still definitely be friends though.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!

Your criticisms of Minecraft and Steve are valid, I can completely understand where you are coming from. However, I don't think it's okay to bash Steve based on disliking Minecraft/disliking the idea of Steve in Smash Bros., that is something I have seen numerous times here in the past. Let me clarify, there have been a number of users that have done this, not trying to generalize the whole group. Anyway, I can get behind disliking Steve because he would essentially block Banjo from achieving mainstream status again, but I don't understand why some have to be so negative about Steve, flaming him, based on personal opinions of Minecraft/not wanting Steve in Smash. Minecraft has its own merits of getting into Smash, so I just believe it's generally unfair to bash the character in this regard.

Also, the frustration with Steve only fuels negativity and hatred. In my opinion, that is toxic for a thread, just spreading negativity instead of holding it in and being composed. I get that some of you are frustrated that Banjo's future may rely on him getting in as DLC, but look at Steve's fanbase. They aren't even talking about Banjo, they are doing their own thing not trying to cause any trouble. Clearly they don't see you guys as competitors, so why is it fair for people in this thread to speak harshly about a character they enjoy when they are not doing it in return? This doesn't have to be such a fierce competition... I hate to say it but sometimes I find this type of behavior a bit immature.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Ayyye we justifying being toxic in here? It’s a party then

*ahem*
I know you are but what am I

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
I'm not interested in bashing Steve or Minecraft myself, and I completely agree that being harsh on, really, any character you view as competing against your own preferred character, is unnecessary and immature. But I don't really think ChunkySlugger72 ChunkySlugger72 's post was suggesting that it's okay to bash Steve. It sounds more like he was explaining why B-K fans feel frustrated by the idea of Steve getting in and Banjo, well, not getting in. I see a big difference between those two things.

Just my two cents.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Your criticisms of Minecraft and Steve are valid, I can completely understand where you are coming from. However, I don't think it's okay to bash Steve based on disliking Minecraft/disliking the idea of Steve in Smash Bros., that is something I have seen numerous times here in the past. Let me clarify, there have been a number of users that have done this, not trying to generalize the whole group. Anyway, I can get behind disliking Steve because he would essentially block Banjo from achieving mainstream status again, but I don't understand why some have to be so negative about Steve, flaming him, based on personal opinions of Minecraft/not wanting Steve in Smash. Minecraft has its own merits of getting into Smash, so I just believe it's generally unfair to bash the character in this regard.

Also, the frustration with Steve only fuels negativity and hatred. In my opinion, that is toxic for a thread, just spreading negativity instead of holding it in and being composed. I get that some of you are frustrated that Banjo's future may rely on him getting in as DLC, but look at Steve's fanbase. They aren't even talking about Banjo, they are doing their own thing not trying to cause any trouble. Clearly they don't see you guys as competitors, so why is it fair for people in this thread to speak harshly about a character they enjoy when they are not doing it in return? This doesn't have to be such a fierce competition... I hate to say it but sometimes I find this type of behavior a bit immature.
I totally understand and respect your opinion , I normally like to stay in the background of this whole war and avoid it, Even when all hell breaks loose on this thread ,But there has been a couple of times where I get roped into it and kind of get caught in the moment, One thing I will say is that while I will post honest opinions or my take on the main topic of the day, I won't randomly post vicious immature attacks out of nowhere and start wars.

Even I get sick of the whole feud too at times because it seems unavoidable and can't wait for E3 or the whole DLC cycle to end so we can have closure. One thing I can promise you is if Banjo-Kazooie make the roster, I will never randomly taunt or mess with opposing threads, That's being an immature **** and isn't my style and I will be humble, (The gloves will probably come off if we get harrased by outsiders on our thread.)

If Steve makes it in over BK of course I'm going to be severely dissapointed and to be honest I might vent my frustration and probably call it quits (Unless there is a Season 2 fighters pass), But I will try to keep it clean, not go overboard and will not verbally assault users because I didn't get what I want.

Like I said before just because I don't like or hate a certain rep doesn't mean that I don't think they are qualified for Smash and automatically deny or shut them down.

I have said it before and will say it again As long as a 3rd Party Character is "Iconic/Impactful and/or have strong history/ties with Nintendo then I can totally understand their consideration for Super Smash Bros.

And Minecraft certainly meets those qualifications.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
(The gloves will probably come off if we get harrased by outsiders on our thread.)
I agree with the rest of your post, but please don't do that. If you see trolling or flaming, just report it.

Feeding the trolls only makes the things worse.

Dinoman96

Smash Master

The last time anyone at MS/Rare said anything about Banjo was back in August last year, shortly after the reveal of K. Rool.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
The last time anyone at MS/Rare said anything about Banjo was back in August last year, shortly after the reveal of K. Rool.

Would August be enough time to settle negotiations for banjo dlc?

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
I just had someone on GameFaqs tell me that Steve doesn’t need to have facial expressions or any expression of character and now I’m wheezing. (Sorry CJBrine)

osby

Smash Obsessed
I just had someone on GameFaqs tell me that Steve doesn’t need to have facial expressions or any expression of character and now I’m wheezing. (Sorry CJBrine)
Does he really need facial expressions? :ultsamus::ultdarksamus: do fairly well without them.

Brothanigus

Smash Apprentice
Would August be enough time to settle negotiations for banjo dlc?
I'll be you my next paycheck that this is how negotiations went:

Maraschino Sakurai - "Phill, buddy friend, can we...
Phill Spencer - O FOR THE LOVE OF GOD YES!
M Sakurai - Ok...Steve it is!
Phill - What/!? I meant Banjo-Kazooie.
Sakurai - Too late *click*

Last edited:

Voe

Smash Journeyman
I guess it's safe to say we're not getting a Direct today.

Last edited:

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
In the very least, we can take comfort in the fact that we'll have more smash news in 3 weeks or less

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
In the very least, we can take comfort in the fact that we'll have more smash news in 3 weeks or less
Heck I'm starting to think stuff was delayed unless they were seriously like "yeah we can wait till the end of April to talk about Joker because you want to announce a female alt"

Voe

Smash Journeyman
In other news, looks like the Smash mods are coming out nicely.

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
So I am pretty sure we might only be getting 1 fighter pass. Someone did a mockup on how the stage selection screen would work with the stage builder. Basically is now or never for Banjo.
View attachment 206916
They can always just add more slots. But I don't see that personally happening. Unless of course they get rid of the Random button. Add a "More stages" button to the very bottom left corner next to stage builder. And make Random a button prompt instead.
I don't think it's that big of an issue.

When all the characters will be revealed , the CSS won't be a perfect rectangle (yeah it would without the miis , but add them and it doesn't work anymore) , and it's still possible to get stand alone fighters DLC , like Piranha Plant.

They can also tweak the stage selection screen to add a "more stages" section like in Sm4sh.

However , I highly doubt B&K wouldn't come with a stage and music , except if they are a "bonus" fighter with Steve and the Minecraft stage/music. So it's fighter pass 1 or fighter pass 2 (if there is one) for them.

Also , there is the possibility of stand alone stage DLC , after all they added Duck Hunt as a stage through a Smash 3DS update , and Pirate's ship and Mario Maker were stand alone DLC stage back in Sm4sh.

I honestly wouldn't worry about this , B&K issues are mostly 3rd party stuff , even if casuals don't know them , make them cool in their reveal trailer and people will want to buy them. After all , characters like Ness and Captain Falcon are fan favorites even tho not a lot of people played their games.

And it's still Banjo & Kazooie , the stinkin' creators of 3D collect-a-thon alongside Mario. This isn't putting in someone like Dynamite Headdy , they are still important characters in video game history.

Last edited:
Top Bottom