• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I come back to this thread and find out someone is claiming Giovani is in

What?
It makes no sense. But perfect sense at the same time. Game Freak LOVES to make Bank on gen 1 nostalgia. They have a new movie coming out with Giovani/Mewtwo as the bad guy. But what doesn't make sense is why Game Freak wouldn't try shilling a Pokemon from Sword and Shield instead.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
It makes no sense. But perfect sense at the same time. Game Freak LOVES to make Bank on gen 1 nostalgia. They have a new movie coming out with Giovani/Mewtwo as the bad guy. But what doesn't make sense is why Game Freak wouldn't try shilling a Pokemon from Sword and Shield instead.
I mean, no one would see it coming I guess

Man this speculation cycle is getting weird. Nintendo, where are you?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
On one hand, the kanji for the first blank slot in the leak could be "Bear and Bird," but on the other hand, it's blurry and they seem like they could be a bit off, plus with how it's presented it seems very fake and tbh I was writing it off as fake in the first place until the mention of B-K fell upon me and my bias kicked in.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Or even Team Rocket, for that matter, seeing how popular those three are compared to him.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Well, it's not the GameFreak who develops the DLC.

Also using a bad guy to promote a game sounds like a really weird business decision. It's like those "Porky in Smash to promote Mother 3 localization". I don't think it's a train of thought that I can take seriously.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

Also using a bad guy to promote a game sounds like a really weird business decision. It's like those "Porky in Smash to promote Mother 3 localization". I don't think it's a train of thought that I can take seriously.
I think bad guys like them could be used to promote a game, though it would make more sense to use a hero; it could be less for straight-up promotion and more for fans, though (especially since they'd be huge spoilers if it was just for promotion, though Brawl already ruined the spoiler for Porky and the games are old so eh).

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Not to toot my own horn, but HOLY CRAP I was not expecting this in the morning.
Congratulations! i'm surprised Rare noticed you're picture in put it on their twitter, that's really cool.

D

Deleted member

I know you’ll say I’m stretching but god please let it be him!
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Has anyone translated the japanese names on that photo? Just for fun, it's clearly fake as *** specially with those two ganondorfs lmao

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Has anyone translated the japanese names on that photo? Just for fun, it's clearly fake as *** specially with those two ganondorfs lmao
Apparently according to someone in Papagenos discord its: Bear and Bird, Yuusha, Hunter

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I asked in the general thread and was told that the middle one is Hero/Yuusha, the right one is Hunter (so probably Monster Hunter; tbh I already figured this one out as people mentioned it in the 4chan thread, so I went to Google Translate for that one first), and the left one may be a duo unrelated to B-K due to the middle meaning "and" but the other kanji not seeming to be the bear and bird kanji (though to me they're very close, however they may be a bit off but it could be because of the blur).

but yeah I was writing this off as fake as well, with my bias and optimism just making me actually check it once B-K was mentioned.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yuusha actually translates directly to brave so it still makes sense.

Might not be Erdrick but I'm honestly not expecting anyone else except maybe Agnes.
But why isn’t it called Yuusha in the datamine instead?

Last edited by a moderator:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I feel that doesn't matter since Joker is called Jack and Piranha Plant was worked on very early.

They could've went with Joker's Japanese name but nope.
Since Yuusha translates roughly to hero/brave it's still just as on the nose as it would be to call him Erdrick. Doesn't seem like much of a codename.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Since Yuusha translates roughly to hero/brave it's still just as on the nose as it would be to call him Erdrick. Doesn't seem like much of a codename.
That's true but Jack, while somewhat vague, still has some connection specifically to Joker/his series while if we see "brave" as an adjective alone, then it's absurdly vague.

I mean it could be Agnes or someone but it feels odd that they'd slap it on anyone.

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
That's true but Jack, while somewhat vague, still has some connection specifically to Joker/his series while if we see "brave" as an adjective alone, then it's absurdly vague.

I mean it could be Agnes or someone but it feels odd that they'd slap it on anyone.
Why does that seem odd? It's not supposed to be a hint. It's a placeholder that's literally there just so we won't be able to figure out the character from it. I would expect it to be absurdly vague because that's what makes it a good codename.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
What has been going on in the past couple of pages?! What is all of this Pokemon talk about?!

I don't think Nintendo just brought back K. Rool to put him in Smash, I believe they have plans for him and I believe he will be the main antagonist again in the next DKCR. On the Japanese site for the Smash Ballot, they said this data would be use for future games so the Ballot picks are promotional picks as well if you give that sentence into account.

I'm not exactly saying we are getting more villains, but I believe there is more plans for K. Rool, Ridley, and perhaps Dark Samus outside of Smash.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
What has been going on in the past couple of pages?! What is all of this Pokemon talk about?!

I don't think Nintendo just brought back K. Rool to put him in Smash, I believe they have plans for him and I believe he will be the main antagonist again in the next DKCR. On the Japanese site for the Smash Ballot, they said this data would be use for future games so the Ballot picks are promotional picks as well if you give that sentence into account.

I'm not exactly saying we are getting more villains, but I believe there is more plans for K. Rool, Ridley, and perhaps Dark Samus outside of Smash.
Not Dark Samus. She's been specifically stated to be completely dead. She's not going to be appearing in any more games.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Why does that seem odd? It's not supposed to be a hint. It's a placeholder that's literally there just so we won't be able to figure out the character from it. I would expect it to be absurdly vague because that's what makes it a good codename.
I find it odd because Jack at least relates to Joker in some way instead of applying to nearly every protagonist under the moon. I'm also not even sure they're meant to hide who it is from the public since they're not supposed to get out in the first place.

I'm also not sure why this even matters because Erdrick has nothing to do with Banjo and it wouldn't matter if it was him. I already pointed out it could be Agnes as well so I'm not even sticking with Erdrick specifically even if I expect him due to insiders. There's also Sora, Agumon...and even Ninten if we're gonna go by characters specifically being called "brave" by another character in their game.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I find it odd because Jack at least relates to Joker in some way instead of applying to nearly every protagonist under the moon. I'm also not even sure they're meant to hide who it is from the public since they're not supposed to get out in the first place.

I'm also not sure why this even matters because Erdrick has nothing to do with Banjo and it wouldn't matter if it was him. I already pointed out it could be Agnes as well so I'm not even sticking with Erdrick specifically even if I expect him due to insiders. There's also Sora, Agumon...and even Ninten if we're gonna go by characters specifically being called "brave" by another character in their game.

You think Jack relates to Joker but we don't really know that it's any more than a coincidence.

Think about it. There's a codename for Jack in the game, do you really think people would have predicted Joker from that?
But now if Brave is Erdrick, then it's literally his name.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
You think Jack relates to Joker but we don't really know that it's any more than a coincidence.

Think about it. There's a codename for Jack in the game, do you really think people would have predicted Joker from that?
But now if Brave is Erdrick, then it's literally his name.
Brave could be Banjo & Kazooie though due to the stats.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101

Jack is just as vague as Brave for Banjo. All the possible connections are stretches. If someone suggested Jack fits Joker for those reasons before he was revealed they'd have been laughed at. Alliteration is just as likely a connection as the flimsy three people claim. To be clear, I don't have a strong feeling whether Brave could be Banjo or not. I just don't think we should be assuming anything.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I do have to agree, DQ is way more important to japan than any other region, so using Brave and not Yuusha as the codename is kinda sus. Yet again, Brave and Jack are being used now instead of japanese terms, so… -shrugs- beats me. If they mix up languages for the codenames, that's smart, not gonna lie.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Not to toot my own horn, but HOLY CRAP I was not expecting this in the morning.
Congratulations! Not sure how you had the luck of getting this retweeted in such a big way.

I said ''perhaps Dark Samus'' I didn't really say she is going to return. There could be a slim chance though.
Well, there is the rumors for the Prime Trilogy arriving on the Switch, that's something.

Also, can we please stop this Brave talk until Joker drops? It's clearly going nowhere, yet again.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
In regards to the tweet, it may not even mean anything, but they didn't even mention the name of the series that SchAlternate SchAlternate referenced in his drawing, yet still mentioned Clanker.

But seriously though, there's some good art stuff in there for this Fan Art Friday.

If we do that this entire thread might as well go into hiatus until 2047 when Sakurai finally decides to show us more than a quick look at Joker's back.
I'd prefer that than being stuck in an endless recursion of time.

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Okay guys, gonna need you guys to RT this and spread it out

Vin here made up a pretty extensive doc detailing everything about Banjo-Kazooie and their chances of joining the fight in Smash. Let's show some support

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I guess they could be coincidences; I never thought about that.

I thought Jack fit Joker because I saw someone say he was called a "jack of all trades" in his game, but tbh if that's true it could just be as much of a stretch as a character being called brave in their game if it's just another character talking to them and not some theme or official thing, though it could also be because of Jack Frost whom is SMT's mascot so he's related to Persona / whom Joker can have with him.

I'd love it if Banjo was next, but I dunno. I guess Erdrick could come later, now that I think about it the insiders never said when Erdrick would come, just that he's likely in.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I know you’ll say I’m stretching but god please let it be him!
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Pretty convenient how they cropped out the character that disproves that art corresponds to the actual sizes (which it obv doesn't).

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I guess they could be coincidences; I never thought about that.

I thought Jack fit Joker because I saw someone say he was called a "jack of all trades" in his game, but tbh if that's true it could just be as much of a stretch as a character being called brave in their game if it's just another character talking to them and not some theme or official thing, though it could also be because of Jack Frost whom is SMT's mascot so he's related to Persona / whom Joker can have with him.

I'd love it if Banjo was next, but I dunno. I guess Erdrick could come later, now that I think about it the insiders never said when Erdrick would come, just that he's likely in.
When you think about it, Ed and Steve are two sides of the same coin, region-wise; two characters that leakers have fans give the benefit of the doubt on for months on end.

Anyway, this pic here is such a blast (or should I say link) to the past for me:

49946852_2567954333222557_6419100993518043136_n.jpg

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Okay guys, gonna need you guys to RT this and spread it out

Vin here made up a pretty extensive doc detailing everything about Banjo-Kazooie and their chances of joining the fight in Smash. Let's show some support
Now that is pretty damn convincing.

TheCJBrine TheCJBrine no one even calls him that in the game. Fans just refer to his role in the party as a jack of all trades because he can use every ability in the game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom