• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
She seemed very confident about the large amount of info she was talking about. It seems like she withheld the info until she felt confident enough to talk about it. And then the fact that she immediately deleted the tweets makes it seem like she didn’t wanna get in trouble for spreading it. Definitely makes it seem more legit
yeah that's true.

I'm still confused as to why I was told she shouldn't be believed, but admittedly she does seem to believe what she's saying at least so I assume she's legit, even if what she hears might be wrong.

yeah that's true.

I'm still confused as to why I was told she shouldn't be believed, but admittedly she does seem to believe what she's saying at least so I assume she's legit, even if what she hears might be wrong.
To be fair, most people on Gamefaqs are cynical jerks who hate leaks. It doesn’t surprise me that people are claiming she isn’t trustworthy

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
To be fair, most people on Gamefaqs are cynical jerks who hate leaks. It doesn’t surprise me that people are claiming she isn’t trustworthy
yeah but I was told that in the Ultimate Social thread on this site.

a reason couldn't be given though, so I assumed it was...well, I don't really know, inside info he's heard? he could've just given examples where she was wrong or something...but I just trusted him based on posts of his I remember.

I'd say who but I don't want to attract attention to anyone.

Last edited:
yeah but I was told that in the Ultimate Social thread on this site.

a reason couldn't be given though, so I assumed it was...well, I don't really know, inside info he's heard? he could've just given examples where she was wrong or something...but I just trusted him based on posts of his I remember.

I'd say who but I don't want to attract attention to anyone.
What exactly did they say? You don’t have to mention who it was, I’m just wondering what they said

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Mario Maker 2, Astral Chain, and Link's Awakening have me excited. I also think insiders confused Star Fox Grand Prix with Star Link. I didn't believe the theory mentioned before, but after seeing the racing segments in Star Link I feel pretty certain it was confusion.

Even if Retro is working on Star Fox Grand Prix, I'm no longer excited for it. It's literally there in Star Link. The novelty is already gone. I'm sure it would fun with it being undoubtedly fleshed out more than Star Link, but I would still be pretty disappointed tbh. Here's hoping it's something new. I would be fine with more DK as well. If it's a new 3D DK, then I might die with excitement!
At this point, it seems like the Star Fox racer was just that, a rumor.

They better be working on a new DKC alongside Metroid Prime 4 though, that'd be beyond lit.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
What exactly did they say? You don’t have to mention who it was, I’m just wondering what they said
"She's a sham. Don't trust her."

he also said he doesn't really know if he's allowed to say why, but just to not trust her at all - when someone else asked him. I think he can be trusted though based on past posts of his I've seen since late August or so, whenever I came back to this site.

of course B-K could still get in otherwise, and they seem likely if we focus on other stuff; this just makes me question her, although she does seem to be telling the truth about what she's heard...so I don't know, either person could be right.

Last edited:
"She's a sham. Don't trust her."

he also said he doesn't really know if he's allowed to say why, but just to not trust her at all - when someone else asked him. I think he can be trusted though based on past posts of his I've seen since late August or so, whenever I came back to this site.

of course B-K could still get in otherwise, and they seem likely if we focus on other stuff; this just makes me question her, although she does seem to be telling the truth about what she's heard...so I don't know, either person could be right.
What else has he posted that makes him seem credible?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
What else has he posted that makes him seem credible?
Well, he's not a leaker, it's just he doesn't seem like someone who would lie is what I'm saying.

Everyone else tends to trust him as well when he makes posts like that, though he doesn't make those sorts of posts often; honestly, I don't remember the last time he did, though he may have said something about hearing stuff before...but it was during before Ultimate's release I think.

He has commented his thoughts on leaks before, but he didn't know if they were true or false...as like other people.

Last edited:

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
Mmmmm....Vergie-burgie is in shambles. Him and his entourage of bootlickers got dropped the big L from the big N. Aahhhhh....Feels good...not as good as a confirm of our duo, but still sweet to know all those leakers have been dumpstered.

Attachments

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Not to outright impugn his claim, but Senselessbreak tends to speaks with false authority.

IGC did say as much about Jill though. The last tweets she made before she scrubbed everything was that she heard "they" wanted/planned to add Jill to Smash but ultimately couldn't for "political reasons", the specifics of which I can't begin to fathom.

Last edited:

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Wasn't expecting any smash news except for joker. But at least we can estimate the time it takes for a character. Assuming they stared on joker in december, it should take around 4-5 months

Last edited:

JonSmash

Smash Ace
so what do you think we are getiing in smash update 3.0 ? the blured out section looked like the stage select screen & all they showed where 8 characters fighting on battlefeild & joker in a void

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Wasn't expecting any smash news except for joker. But at least we can estimate the time it takes for a character. Assuming they stared on joker in december, it should take around 4-5 months
And somehow the characters in the pass have to all be released by one year from now before the 5-character package option elapses.

They'll definitely need to at least use two characters as a base for some of these DLC fighters, if they hope to reach that deadline.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Just got home from work to watch the direct and though I wasn't expecting much it still mainly sucked for me since 80-90% of the titles shown don't appeal to me and I ended up skipping most of the direct.

On the 1st Party side I'm not a fan of Fire Emblem or Zelda so I could care less about their announcements, Super Mario Maker 2 looks interesting, But I'm too lazy to create my own levels. Was kinda of hoping for a Metroid Prime Trilogy remaster ,But it may be to soon for that with the Prime 4 delay, Now that Retro Studios is taking over development for Metroid Prime 4 I was kinda hoping to see what they have been working on these past 5 years, But that's probably E3 material though I'm hoping for a 3rd and final game in their Donkey Kong Country trilogy that brings back King K. Rool and the Kremlings or even a 3D Donkey Kong platformer game. Smash news for 3.0 looks promising with potentially new modes,Yoshi's Crafted World was my highlight for the direct ,But I was expecting that already.

Overall a very boring and dissapointing direct for my taste ,But at least we still got a Pokemon direct in the near future and E3 to lookn forward to.

Last edited:

Mr. Stagg

so what do you think we are getiing in smash update 3.0 ? the blured out section looked like the stage select screen & all they showed where 8 characters fighting on battlefeild & joker in a void
This does come with some good info that pack 1 is dropping sometime during April. Considering dev time started early December, we can safely deduce that roughly 5 months is needed for a whole pack. I with my gigantic brain therefore predict that March will reveal pack 2. All leakers and leaks involving have been destroyed, so we are all left with what evidence we have to speculate.

Attachments

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Just got home from work to watch the direct and though I wasn't expecting much it still mainly sucked for me since 80-90% of the titles shown don't appeal to me and I ended up skipping most of the direct.

On the 1st Party side I'm not a fan of Fire Emblem or Zelda so I could care less about their announcements, Super Mario Maker 2 looks interesting, But I'm too lazy to create my own levels. Was kinda of hoping for a Metroid Prime Trilogy remaster ,But it may be to soon for that with the Prime 4 delay, Now that Retro Studios is taking over development for Metroid Prime 4 I was kinda hoping to see what they have been working on these past 5 years, But that's probably E3 material though I'm hoping for a 3rd and final game in their Donkey Kong Country trilogy that brings back King K. Rool and the Kremlings or even a 3D Donkey Kong platformer game. Smash news for 3.0 looks promising with potentially new modes,Yoshi's Crafted World was my highlight for the direct ,But I was expecting that already.

Overall a very boring and dissapointing direct for my taste ,But at least we still got a Pokemon direct in the near future and E3 to lookn forward to.
Oh where'd you hear about a Pokemon direct?! I was waiting to hear something about the possible Gen 8 Pokemon game in this direct and got a bit disappointed. I'd be so happy to see that.

As for the Direct itself, I completely agree. So many titles that just don't appeal to me, Dragon Quest, Astral Chain, that Square-Enix title, and of course Fire Emblem which I have absolutely zero interest in for all the reasons. Speaking of, I'm hoping the chances of Erdrick or Edelgard making it into Smash were dashed today by them not using the new Dragon Quest and Fire Emblem games to promote them. But I am excited for Super Mario Maker 2, hopefully it'll have everything that made Super Mario Maker good, it'd be cool to be able to play any levels made in Super Mario Maker originally while being able to make and try new levels. Even though I'm not the biggest fan, I am excited to have Assassin's Creed 3 on the Switch along with Saints Row the Third! Why these particular installments are getting ports is beyond me, but hey! Open world games on the Switch would be wonderful to have. I'm glad my expectations were low for this direct, I sort of figured they'd hold off till maybe April or something to really bring out some juicy material. At least we got somethings to whet our appetites after such a long drought, and hey! Even got some info on Smash! Not a lot, but a glimpse of Joker and the prospect of a version 3.0.0! Hopefully that'll bring some interesting new things to Smash like maybe some returning modes? Like Stadium mode with Home Run Contest, Break the Targets, and even Smash Run? I'd love that.

And I'm really really hoping E3 will be our time to shine. It'd be too perfect to have an announcement for both a N64 classic and the reveal of Banjo & Kazooie coming to Smash Bros. and the aforementioned classic and even the possibility of seeing more of Xbox and Nintendo crossover with Rare Replay on the Switch as well, especially since it'll just be them at E3 this year without Sony around. May be too much to ask for, but you all keep giving me hope and come what may, I'm gonna try and be optimistic about our backpacking bear and bird's chances.

This does come with some good info that pack 1 is dropping sometime during April. Considering dev time started early December, we can safely deduce that roughly 5 months is needed for a whole pack. I with my gigantic brain therefore predict that March will reveal pack 2. All leakers and leaks involving have been destroyed, so we are all left with what evidence we have to speculate.
Awwww, I love that picture. You just keep on trudging along, old friends. Hopefully we'll see you soon and be able to welcome you with open arms. A big old bear and bird hug <3

Last edited:

JonSmash

Smash Ace
well we at least know "brave is being worked on at the same time as joker so we may get 2 characters in April B/C in smash 4 we got 3 characters at once lucas roy & ryu & they released a few stages & mii outfits around that times as well

so clearly they can handle 2 characters, 2 stages & some music at once

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
I think character updates will be padded out evenly to avoid an update drought, even if it means holding back a finished character a month or two. However, Sakurai clearly knows how to manage his resources. He very well could reveal a new character and Jokers release date + spirits + level in a mini Smash Direct aorund late Mach/early April like the one where Ryu and Roy got announced.

Last edited:

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if it's weird or not but the Vergeben thing being wiped feels like a clean state and is kinda reliving

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Oh where'd you hear about a Pokemon direct?! I was waiting to hear something about the possible Gen 8 Pokemon game in this direct and got a bit disappointed. I'd be so happy to see that.

As for the Direct itself, I completely agree. So many titles that just don't appeal to me, Dragon Quest, Astral Chain, that Square-Enix title, and of course Fire Emblem which I have absolutely zero interest in for all the reasons. Speaking of, I'm hoping the chances of Erdrick or Edelgard making it into Smash were dashed today by them not using the new Dragon Quest and Fire Emblem games to promote them. But I am excited for Super Mario Maker 2, hopefully it'll have everything that made Super Mario Maker good, it'd be cool to be able to play any levels made in Super Mario Maker originally while being able to make and try new levels. Even though I'm not the biggest fan, I am excited to have Assassin's Creed 3 on the Switch along with Saints Row the Third! Why these particular installments are getting ports is beyond me, but hey! Open world games on the Switch would be wonderful to have. I'm glad my expectations were low for this direct, I sort of figured they'd hold off till maybe April or something to really bring out some juicy material. At least we got somethings to whet our appetites after such a long drought, and hey! Even got some info on Smash! Not a lot, but a glimpse of Joker and the prospect of a version 3.0.0! Hopefully that'll bring some interesting new things to Smash like maybe some returning modes? Like Stadium mode with Home Run Contest, Break the Targets, and even Smash Run? I'd love that.

And I'm really really hoping E3 will be our time to shine. It'd be too perfect to have an announcement for both a N64 classic and the reveal of Banjo & Kazooie coming to Smash Bros. and the aforementioned classic and even the possibility of seeing more of Xbox and Nintendo crossover with Rare Replay on the Switch as well, especially since it'll just be them at E3 this year without Sony around. May be too much to ask for, but you all keep giving me hope and come what may, I'm gonna try and be optimistic about our backpacking bear and bird's chances.

Awwww, I love that picture. You just keep on trudging along, old friends. Hopefully we'll see you soon and be able to welcome you with open arms. A big old bear and bird hug <3
Not that I heard about a Pokemon direct, But it's inevitably gonna happen soon within the next couple of months even as early as February 27th also known as (Pokemon Day) or during the same week 2/27-3/3 with the whole Pokemon event going on would be fitting to build up hype for Generation 8 which is likely releasing in November just in time for the holidays , But definitely expect a Pokemon Direct sometime around April or May to not just hype up the next generation, But also the Detective Pikachu Movie.

Last edited:

Mr. Stagg

I don't know if it's weird or not but the Vergeben thing being wiped feels like a clean state and is kinda reliving
It's not weird, I've been basking in it since the end of the direct. If anything all leaked characters have been reset and their likeliness is now based on the preexisting evidence and fan support.

Also, little thought here...hear me out....doesn't Jokers knife look about as long as Mii swordfighters? Not sayin.....just sayin....

Attachments

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Sorry bud, could not find it on my phone.
It's perfectly alright! I just find it funny how it wasn't the original image being spread around on 4chan and such. It was a cropped low resolution version. I'm really curious how that happened.

Last edited:
Glad to hear that Joker is close and the 3.0 update is on the horizon. You'd think that an update on the next character wouldn't be too far away now.

Links Awakening is an underrated Zelda title, thrilled to see it back in the mainstream, and hopefully receiving more acclaim.

I just hope BK did well enough on the ballot to get noticed, plus with the other moving parts involved(Nintny/Xbox working relationship,etc,etc) all it takes is a bit of a splash and for the timing to be right to claw your way back.

Battletoads are a good example of this. Chequered history in the 90's, dormant ever since until some scuttlebutt in the early/mid 2010s surfaced that there was still interest from multiple parties in the franchise. From there a cameo in Shovel Knight, a presence in Rare Replay and KI, then an officially announced, new release.

If any characters fit the gaming equivalent scenario of being to hell and back, then its Pimple, Zitz and Rash. Throw Killer Instinct in there as well, which has at times been overshadowed by Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter and Tekken.

Around a 25 year gap between their most recent and upcoming appearance. That is older than some of us, crazy!

Lets hope Bear and Bird can do something similar.

In the Ultimate Social thread, I was told not to trust IndieGamerChick 'cause apparently she's not credible but the reason why couldn't be shared for some reason.
Honestly, the general thread has/had too many neurotic, self important, misanthropes for my liking, engaging in the same old ****posting circle jerk. Easy to spot and not a place where you should seek validity tbh.

Anyway....

Last edited:

Atmoz

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-5145-1574-6323
That Nintendo Direct was pretty good. Started off strong with Mario Maker 2, laughed hard at the Tetris Battle Royale game (will have to pick it up at some point) and I liked the Link's Awakening remake.

Now for Smash content....
I wasn't honestly expecting much. Was expecting a update to be announced + gameplay of Joker. That's it. So I got what I needed bar the Joker gameplay (kinda). Nice that they have a model though.

Given this, a LOT of insiders (especially Vergeben) fell into the trap of claiming numerous things in the Direct (e.g. Pikmin 3 port, Star Fox GP reveal), but the biggest one they fell in is claiming Erdrick would be revealed here. This was definitely the ample time to reveal him given Nintendo's "red carpet" treatment of the franchise in the Direct, and Square would of agreed as well. They LOVE shilling DQ, after all. But nothing came from "Erdrick in Smash", meaning that he's just as likely as any other Square Enix characters, if not leakbait that people bought. We can now have safe DLC discussion in which we won't get other characters shoved in our throats because "muh insider said so". Rejoice!

Anyways,
I played around with the Mii Swordfighter in the game's Training mode. They're a rather fast character to play with. They aren't Sonic-levels of fast, but he can get from one side of Final Destination to the other quickly. Given Joker's stats (before the slot's removal) had his parameters set so that he's pretty fast (his run speed is 2.21, for context Sonic's run speed is 3.85), I would say it's a possibility that Mii Swordfighter is being used as a stand-in for Joker, not Erdrick/'Brave". I don't believe we knew who was being used as a base for Joker when we found his slot so now there's 2 characters being used as bases for 2 deleted slots.

That would also imply the following:
i) Duck Hunt being the stand-in for Brave, meaning Banjo is the character reserved for that slot.
ii) If Erdrick is confirmed to be a thing, he is not the "Brave" slot like everyone is currently claiming it to be.
I really didn't want to make this a "I told you so" moment, but it looks like I was correct about Joker using Mii Swordfighter as a stand-in/base.

This means SO MUCH as quite a few people back then thought that
1) Mii Swordfighter was the stand-in for Erdrick/"Brave".
2) The "Brave" slot is for Erdrick.

That means if we're still going with the 2 "corrupted" characters being used for the 2 DLC slots, Duck Hunt is now confirmed to be reserved for the "Brave" slot as a base, Mii Swordfighter being for Joker. Combine that with the datamined stats which scarily match up with Banjo from his games and we reach a (potentially) very safe conclusion: Banjo is our 2nd DLC character.

DMTN

Smash Journeyman
Some things I took from the Direct:

- King Zell got a ton of things right, which means Metroid Prime Trilogy and Pikmin 3 are looking incredibly likely for this year.
- I doubt Edelgard is going to happen as she represents only a third of the game.
- Vergeben's credibility took a hit, which doesn't bode well for his Minecraft boss leak.
- Erdrick as Brave seems less likely (he's not out of the running though. He has more going for him than Vergeben).
- Version 3.0.0 releases before May. That's much sooner than I expected. It also looks like there's more to it than just Joker.
- Hellblade on Switch increases the chance of a Microsoft character slightly. Seems like Nintendo and Microsoft are still doing good.

Rubberfrog

Smash Apprentice
To be honest, I'm pretty relieved that there was no reveal yesterday. There was beginning to be an uncomfortable amount of Dragon Quest news.

Just playing devil’s advocate here, I don’t think we should be rejoicing and acting like Erdrick isn’t happening just because he didn’t get revealed yesterday. I mean we barely even saw Joker. All the leakers are gonna continue saying Erdrick is coming. Nothing has really changed. Regarding the whole Mii Swordfighter/Duck Hunt glitch theory, I think it’s very possible Mii Swordfighter was being used for Joker, seeing how he’s holding a dagger/sword kind of thing (I haven’t played P5, forgive me for my lack of knowledge). If this is all true, I think Erdrick may release alongside Joker and then Banjo will be our next character, which would line up with the E3 timing we’ve all been speculating about

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
To be honest, I'm pretty relieved that there was no reveal yesterday. There was beginning to be an uncomfortable amount of Dragon Quest news.
Eh. The directs are made in Japan. And the script is written for Japanese audiences. So it's not really a surprise.

Just playing devil’s advocate here, I don’t think we should be rejoicing and acting like Erdrick isn’t happening just because he didn’t get revealed yesterday. I mean we barely even saw Joker. All the leakers are gonna continue saying Erdrick is coming. Nothing has really changed. Regarding the whole Mii Swordfighter/Duck Hunt glitch theory, I think it’s very possible Mii Swordfighter was being used for Joker, seeing how he’s holding a dagger/sword kind of thing (I haven’t played P5, forgive me for my lack of knowledge). If this is all true, I think Erdrick may release alongside Joker and then Banjo will be our next character, which would line up with the E3 timing we’ve all been speculating about
The thing about Erdrick and leakers is that he is always coming soon™. First it was for base game. Then base game became first DLC. Then they were trying to spread rumors that it would more then likely be Erdrick being revealed yesterday. Erdrick is in a constant state of having the goalposts moved on him it's hard to imagine why he seems so likely to people still. All they really have is the brave codename and we have no proof the codenames stand for anything specifically.

Last edited:
Top Bottom