• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
You fools! Banjo is obviously leakbait for Bobobo-Bo Bo-Bobo. The only anime character that deserves to be in smash.

Last edited:

MangoTwist

Smash Apprentice
This Mii Swordsman = Joker, Duck Hunt = Banjo theory doesnt quite hold up. You know why?

"Jack" is the height of Young Link, even though both Mii Swordsman and Joker are taller than YLink. So if Swordsman really is the base of Joker, who is "Jack" (I assume this to be the case), then why would "Jack" ever have the height of Young Link?

My conclusion is that Mii Swordsman is not the base for Joker, and that Duck Hunt / Mii Swordsman crashing the game in 1P modes is unrelated to the planned DLC characters. After all, has anyone confirmed that no other character crashes the game?

Also to anyone saying Joker's dagger is the size of Swordsman's sword - it's not. It's much shorter.

Last edited:

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
If vergeben came out and said "Banjo kazooie are playable characters in smash" would you guys believe him?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
If vergeben came out and said "Banjo kazooie are playable characters in smash" would you guys believe him?
Only if it's unambiguous and crystal-clear, no pussyfooting around.

You fools! Banjo is obviously leakbait for Bobobo-Bo Bo-Bobo. The only anime character that deserves to be in smash.
♪♪Say what?! Bobobo! Say what?! Bobobo!♪♪
Would not mind him, actually. It helps that he's been in a Smash-like game before. Also, hype for Discotek DVD release.

But obviously Ballyhoo is leakbait for Bort. Somehow...
That would annoy both Dirk and Ace fans tho.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Unsure if this has been brought up before but Phil Spencer has form for being a bit of a tease and leaving breadcrumbs when it comes to rumours on upcoming titles. That may bode well considering the BK talk...

https://www.engadget.com/2016/03/01/battletoads-sequel-phil-spencer/

https://twitter.com/xboxp3/status/376760161341161472

Interesting little tidbits with Battletoads which I touched on before. which is worth mentioning...
That certainly helps.

Also, that poor Twitter user who misspelled Jet Force Gemini's title. Had one job.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
When was that battle toads game announced anyway? I feel like it was so long ago and no other news has come out about it.

This Mii Swordsman = Joker, Duck Hunt = Banjo theory doesnt quite hold up. You know why?

"Jack" is the height of Young Link, even though both Mii Swordsman and Joker are taller than YLink. So if Swordsman really is the base of Joker, who is "Jack" (I assume this to be the case), then why would "Jack" ever have the height of Young Link?

My conclusion is that Mii Swordsman is not the base for Joker, and that Duck Hunt / Mii Swordsman crashing the game in 1P modes is unrelated to the planned DLC characters. After all, has anyone confirmed that no other character crashes the game?

Also to anyone saying Joker's dagger is the size of Swordsman's sword - it's not. It's much shorter.
I really don’t think the heights are what is important here. It’s more so them being a similar model they can use as a base for another character

Violante

Smash Apprentice

Remember, as of 2.0 Brave and Jack are no longer. These findings aren't proof of what currently is, but what was at some point. Heights within files assuredly changed many times for characters who have yet to even release, and their values in the base game can't be reflective of what they ultimately will be (so height comparisons with Ness and Mario etc. may be misguided, but as usual, we can't really conclude that).

As of January we have character files for Sword and Duck Hunt tampered with, as well as proof of Plant being built from Junior. The difference in blade sides is superfluous when Fighter is just generally similar to the character they are aiming to build with Joker. Even if the final product is dissimilar, it still saves development time to start with an approximate template.

My personal theory is that Brave and Joker exist in the base game because they had deadlines to reach, one for the Game Awards and one for the Microsoft character to coincide with Live on Switch. These two files correlating with two malfunctioning characters in 2.0 can't be a coincidence.

Last edited:

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
>Verge's source dismissed King K. Rool
>Verge himself wasn't sure about his source's assessment
Pattern forming, or coincidence? You be the judge. Although this latest guy denies being an insider, so Poe's law is at play here.
Since I am a doddering old fool, could you explain what Poes law is and what is means for this thread?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Since I am a doddering old fool, could you explain what Poes law is and what is means for this thread?
In layman's terms, it's when being a parody of someone with extreme views is just as likely to be the genuine article. Hence, the guy brought up in this case being a Rare hater that denies that he's an insider, yet still heard info from apparently reputable sources.

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Seems like Banjo is a quietly leaked character it's like more information pops up but it's not loud enough to be heard over the masses talking about DQ characters.

Boy I hope it's legit. Banjo in Smash would be right there with K. Rools return it would be a hell of a comeback story

JonSmash

Smash Ace
"If vergeben came out and said "Banjo kazooie are playable characters in smash" would you guys believe him?"

No I wouldn't

Also If Bowser Jr can turn into piranha plant then Miisword fighter can be turned into joker who most likely IS jack

D

Deleted member

Yeah, if Verge says Banjo is in, I wouldn't feel good about his chances.

It's pretty unlikely for Verge to leak them though imo, cause I think their chances for wave 1 are solid.

Let's hope for the best Banjobros

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
You've not been paying attention if you treated Verg's claims outside of Smash with a great deal of credibility.

Much like you've not been paying attention if you treated Verg's Smash claims without any credibility.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Got bored so I came up with a few spirit battles:

1. Mumbo Jumbo: A Mii Swordfighter wearing Ashley's outfit and Majora's Mask. During the fight, a large number of transforming items will appear. If not defeated after a while, a giant King K. Rool in his yellow outfit appears! You only need to K.O. the Mii though. Mumbo is a 3 star 3 slot Grab primary spirit with Magic Power Up
2. Grunty: Obviously Bayonetta in her Green alternate outfit. A simple stamina battle with one catch; Bayo will become Metal after a period of time has passed. Grunty is a 4 star Neutral Spirit that ups the power of Foot Attacks
3. Tooty: Isabelle in her Red outfit. Isabelle will try and dodge the player while a hostile Banjo attacks. The battle is timed so don't be sluggish! Tooty is a support spirit with Lightweight.
4. Humba Wumba: Robin in her Red costume. Similar to Mumbo's fight, transforming items may appear more periodically, but Robin's special moves also have increased power! Humba Wumba is a 2 star Defense Primary spirit that increases PSI attacks.
5. Lord of Games (this one's for funsies): R.O.B. in its purple costume. A hostile Color TV Game 15 will periodically appear, but R.O.B. does not move. L.O.G. is a support spirit that grants immunity to Zap Floors
6. Klungo: Donkey Kong in his Green Outfit. Occasionally, he becomes giant, invisible, or has allies spawn. You only need to defeat the first one though. Klungo is a support spirit that makes you Giant at the start of battle.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord

Woah wait a second, what if Joker is Duck Hunt? Slightly short stabs and slices (dagger and the duck) and possibly Persona summons with down b

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Woah wait a second, what if Joker is Duck Hunt? Slightly short stabs and slices (dagger and the duck) and possibly Persona summons with down b
Interesting+mix+of+memes+_ea55637b447bec865acddc3af610678d.jpg

That would fundamentally change everything we thought we knew about the current character base theory.

Maybe two DLC characters can be made by using the same base?

Last edited:
Piranha Plant doesn’t really play anything like Bowser Jr. Again, as I said earlier, I think they just use characters with similar models to build another character off of (Bowser Jr’s clown car/Piranha Plant’s pot, Ike’s huge sword/Cloud’s huge sword, Zero Suit Samus & Bayonetta both being sleek and feminine)

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
yeah they shouldn't need a character to have the same height in order to use the character as the base; the height stat probably just changes size based on the model/skeleton or something, as Ridley and Samus have the same height stat even though Ridley is bigger.

They can just rip the skeleton out of the model and modify it a bit so it fits Banjo and Kazooie better; Duck Hunt's is already close enough, and while they could use a different character's skeleton for Banjo, they could also modify the dog's model since it has a similar head shape.

Top Bottom