• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

dinkeytom

Smash Apprentice
It seems like Microsoft has a second game on the Switch. Hell Blade Senua's Sacrifice

Last edited:

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
That was an overall meh conference. No Metroid Prime Trilogy or real Smash news is disappointing

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
I'd say is was a solid ok direct

we saw joker for 3 seconds

& I am most hyped for mario maker 2 witch i feel will have 2 player co-op based on luigi being on the cover

dlewis53

Smash Lord
So, that was kind of meh. The only real Smash news we got was the Spring release of the next update and a tease at Joker's in-game model; from the looks of it, Joker's primary weapon is going to be a knife. Otherwise, I didn't really care about a lot of what was being talked about.

KingOfNothing

Smash Apprentice
So, should this direct be good news for Banjo or Steve? I felt like that was a good opportunity for a DQ or FE character. We could see one of them announced at a Microsoft event soon. I feel like we will get at least 1 character announced before E3.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
This is boring well for the Brave was a psyche out for Elderick, but if you read between the lines it is actually Banjo based off the stats and the Duck Hunt isssue

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
Because everyone thought Erdrick was gonna be revealed right?

I felt every leaked lost credibility the minute Joker was announced.
How so? Did he say that there'd be a reveal in this Direct?
Because in GameFaqs earlier today he said Star Fox Grand Prix would be announced and that the 2D Zelda game wouldn't be Link's Awakening. Also a port of Pikmin 3

Last edited:

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
How so? Did he say that there'd be a reveal in this Direct?
No, but his entourage said to expect Elderick soon, yet no Elderick was to be had.

Honestly, this makes me think that Dragon Quest could have been leakbait.

D

Deleted member

Man I can’t belive verge shot his own credibility lol

He said star fox gp and pikmin 3 will be shown

Like I said...
Ok fine let me rephrase that

*ahem*

From here on out it’s best if we ignore gamefaqs leakers (and hitagi)
And...
Just remember everyone Steve is not the enemy he is not owned by rare he also appers In every console instead of just the Xbox so we’re fine
We’re getting both banjo and steve I can feel it!

Last edited by a moderator:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Vergeben said there'd be Pikmin 3 so I am disappointed.

However the new Mario Maker, Zelda, and Deltarune on Switch are hype. I'm interested in DQ as well, might try Fire Emblem idk.

I was really expecting a Smash reveal other than vague stuff about Update 3 and Joker.

Last edited:

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Oh, and all of that too I guess.

Kind of a knock against the assumed DLC picks and point towards team Banjo in my opinion.

I’m starting to think we’ll get a Banjo reveal next month with the official XBOX Live on Switch details.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Oh, and all of that too I guess.

Kind of a knock against the assumed DLC picks and point towards team Banjo in my opinion.

I’m starting to think we’ll get a Banjo reveal next month with the official XBOX Live on Switch details.
I still think Banjo, Steve, etc are best saves for E3.

Because big announcement hype.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
One could be March, the other E3

I would think Banjo in March because it is tied to the indie gamer chick leak which so far has been true, and we’d get Steve or another super big character for E3.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
One could be March, the other E3

I would think Banjo in March because it is tied to the indie gamer chick leak which so far has been true, and we’d get Steve or another super big character for E3.
Directs usually happen every other month, so the next one should be in April.

Talazar

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Talazar_Dashie
3DS FC
1461-6194-5821
Not really disappointed with the direct. I thought if there was any smash news it would have joker gameplay or at least his release date.
Astral Chain looks dope though, my favorite part of the direct.

Voe

Smash Journeyman
The Direct was pretty underwhelming tbh. On the good side I like what Ubisoft's been doing with the Starfox crew, and I'm hyped to have FFIX on the go.

Last edited:

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman
Oh look, Microsoft is selling one of their games on Switch.

I sure do wonder if this might pertain to Microsoft collaborating on another Nintendo game.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Because in GameFaqs earlier today he said Star Fox Grand Prix would be announced and that the 2D Zelda game wouldn't be Link's Awakening. Also a port of Pikmin 3
Unfortunately, I don't think people will stop believing Vergeben until he gets something wrong that's specifically related to Smash Bros.

Ver. 3.0 seems pretty exciting. They teased it like they’re gonna add some more actual content aside from just Joker. Maybe new modes? New spirits? Maybe new assist trophies?

Violante

Smash Apprentice
A wealth of Dragon Quest content and no Erdrick reveal. Three Heroes shown off, no Edelgard reveal. I was hoping we'd get Poochie as a character for the fun of it, but that seems unlikely now (and I have to admit the Deltarune trailer made me think we were getting Sans for a split second. Hell, even 'Tetris Block' like that one GameExplain person theorised).

Leakers have been put to shame, anything is on the table once again. The next point of interest is the Microsoft GDC event, where I think we'll be seeing one more key attribute for the Ultimate 3.0.0 update.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So, should this direct be good news for Banjo or Steve? I felt like that was a good opportunity for a DQ or FE character. We could see one of them announced at a Microsoft event soon. I feel like we will get at least 1 character announced before E3.
It's like the Minecraft false alarms all over again, but with DQ this time. At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if neither series gets in at all.

The last chance for a character announcement before E3 is when Joker drops in Spring, if even then.

A wealth of Dragon Quest content and no Erdrick reveal. Three Heroes shown off, no Edelgard reveal. I was hoping we'd get Poochie as a character for the fun of it, but that seems unlikely now (and I have to admit the Deltarune trailer made me think we were getting Sans for a split second. Hell, even 'Tetris Block' like that one GameExplain person theorised).

Leakers have been put to shame, anything is on the table once again. The next point of interest is the Microsoft GDC event, where I think we'll be seeing one more key attribute for the Ultimate 3.0.0 update.
I was hoping for Poochy too, now the quip I had prepared for this possibility won't be put to any use now. :c

But hey, at least Crafted World's armor box feature seems pretty neat.

Ver. 3.0 seems pretty exciting. They teased it like they’re gonna add some more actual content aside from just Joker. Maybe new modes? New spirits? Maybe new assist trophies?
Maybe not that last one, enough dreams have gotten crushed as it is.

Last edited:

Voe

Smash Journeyman
Piranha Plant will get a buff with Witch Time parries.

I was hoping for Poochy too, now the quip I had prepared for this possibility won't be put to any use now. :c

But hey, at least Crafted World's armor box feature seems pretty neat.
The little Bullet Bill box was adorable.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'm not gonna expect any Smash or Nintendo stuff at Microsoft's event - as I've learned, Nintendo only likes their stuff to get announced in their own presentations, and I'm not sure if they'll make an exception for Microsoft just because they're chummy now.

It's like the Minecraft false alarms all over again, but with DQ this time. At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if neither series gets in at all.
Eh, I'd say it's different since Smash would've destroyed the rest of the Minecon presentation...and the reasons in my main sentence for this post.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm not gonna expect any Smash or Nintendo stuff at Microsoft's event - as I've learned, Nintendo only likes their stuff to get announced in their own presentations, and I'm not sure if they'll make an exception for Microsoft just because they're chummy now.

Eh, I'd say it's different since Smash would've destroyed the rest of the Minecon presentation...and the reasons in my main sentence for this post.
Yeah, you're absolutely right, I'm not going to get fooled a third time (seriously, X018 was largely a waste of time) about concerns for a Steve reveal when Microsoft events have nothing to do with Nintendo.

Zipzter

Smash Apprentice
Oh, hey! Does anyone know what indiegamerchick said about the Direct? Is she still credible?

Last edited:
I honestly feel like Nintendo could drop an N64 Classic announcement anytime between now and E3. If we are getting Banjo and he does get announced at E3, they’d definitely wanna announce that as a precursor

Oh, hey! Does anyone know what indiegamerchick said about the Direct? Is she still credible?
She just gave some random commentary about it. Nothing exciting. She hasn’t mentioned anything about the Rare/Nintendo stuff ever since she deleted her tweets

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Well now that we see joker has a knife dose that make him another sword user ? :troll:

its a BIG knife too :troll:

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
In the Ultimate Social thread, I was told not to trust IndieGamerChick 'cause apparently she's not credible but the reason why couldn't be shared for some reason.

There's also this post about her on GameFaqs but it seems made-up, just thought I'd share :p :

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77476995/917431885

edit: well the gamefaqs guy posted this image, I don't know...:

(well, it'll show up if you quote this post)

however, Microsoft & Nintendo being chummy, and Rare not saying anything about Smash when asked, seem like things that make B-K likely. Maybe the theories too but idk, they're just theories.

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Mario Maker 2 is great news, and the game looks amazing. Everything else was a snooze fest imo. An Assassins Creed game from 2012 runs like THAT on the Switch??? Tetris Battle Royale??? (ok that one was pretty funny). RPGs normally arent my cup of tea (I like FF7 though). At least we got to see Joker in the void.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
In the Ultimate Social thread, I was told not to trust IndieGamerChick 'cause apparently she's not credible but the reason why couldn't be shared for some reason.

There's also this post about her on GameFaqs but it seems made-up, just thought I'd share :p :

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77476995/917431885

edit: well the gamefaqs guy posted this image, I don't know...:

(well, it'll show up if you quote this post)
I'll take this with a grain of salt, although Moogle as an AT would be neat.

Also, I would need to know if this guy had a good history before assuming he's legit at all.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'll take this with a grain of salt, although Moogle as an AT would be neat.
I'm just afraid it means her info is often wrong, as he said she's full of it and the posts in the image are from October; and combined with what I was told I wonder if she just makes stuff up...

We have other stuff that makes B-K likely however, so I guess I shouldn't worry...

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm just afraid it means her info is often wrong, as he said she's full of it and the posts in the image are from October.

We have other stuff that makes B-K likely however, so I guess I shouldn't worry...
Ah, fair enough then, so nothing to see here.

That Ninja Theory game will be the new glimmer of hope for now.

Not a sword user. An anime sword user. LiKe wE DidN't HavE EnOuGh AlReadY c'MON SAKURAI!!1!!!!!111
Meanwhile, Project X Zone fans are envious at Smash's amount of cartoon characters.

Last edited:

Justin Little

Smash Ace
Mario Maker 2, Astral Chain, and Link's Awakening have me excited. I also think insiders confused Star Fox Grand Prix with Star Link. I didn't believe the theory mentioned before, but after seeing the racing segments in Star Link I feel pretty certain it was confusion.

Even if Retro is working on Star Fox Grand Prix, I'm no longer excited for it. It's literally there in Star Link. The novelty is already gone. I'm sure it would fun with it being undoubtedly fleshed out more than Star Link, but I would still be pretty disappointed tbh. Here's hoping it's something new. I would be fine with more DK as well. If it's a new 3D DK, then I might die with excitement!

I'm just afraid it means her info is often wrong, as he said she's full of it and the posts in the image are from October; and combined with what I was told I wonder if she just makes stuff up...

She seemed very confident about the large amount of info she was talking about. It seems like she withheld the info until she felt confident enough to talk about it. And then the fact that she immediately deleted the tweets makes it seem like she didn’t wanna get in trouble for spreading it. Definitely makes it seem more legit

Top Bottom