• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

JonSmash

Smash Ace
once every hour ? ok every hour vote ! (everyone else will so we will need to keep it up then) LET ARE VOICE BE HEARD ON THE BIG STAGE !

squirtgar squirtgar who cares as long as they DO SOMETHING with them maybe even a HD remake ?

Last edited:

squirtgar

Smash Apprentice
once every hour ? ok every hour vote ! (everyone else will so we will need to keep it up then) LET ARE VOICE BE HEARD ON THE BIG STAGE !

squirtgar squirtgar who cares as long as they DO SOMETHING with them maybe even a HD remake ?
I agree (hope they go multiplatform) but will anything happen based on this? How likely?

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
Conflicted about wanting Banjo Back, I'm not going to buy an Xbox console even for Banjo, but it sure would be nice for him to be back... Also I have little faith that the current Rareware would do him right... I wish I could say "I would rather Banjo Die a hero than live long enough to be the villain" but he kinda already did become the villain and now I'd much rather see a redemption for Banjo... on the other hand i'm more likely to have a chance to play a new EarthBound, Chrono, or F-Zero game... I think i'm gonna sit this voting thing out.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20..._a_spiritual_successor_to_conkers_bad_fur_day

Well, this ought to be interesting. Let's hope Seavor has a better performance with this than Playtonic did with Y-K.
Was he involved in the Conker remake? I feel like they missed the point of the original by making all the characters look like gross ren and stimpy characters that you'd expect to be drinking and cursing. The original game had a much more "cute" aesthetic where the cursing, swearing, and violence actually seemed shocking and out of the place ( not that I think most of the games humor holds up now that i'm not a teenager ), I hope this successor doesn't fall into that.

On the topic of Anime characters in Smash, I have no problem with them or their aesthetics, but the more unique, the better. The only issue I have is that I know Fire Emblem is more than sword weilding lords, even though I don't play it. I'd much rather they go with characters that don't look and act like characters that are already on the roster.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Yeah at the very least I just want a crash & spyro HD like remake for banjo & for banjo to be in smash then banjo can rest in peace

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Yeah at the very least I just want a crash & spyro HD like remake for banjo & for banjo to be in smash then banjo can rest in peace
I think Banjo being in Smash would be a nice final sendoff if Rare isn't going to do anything with them anymore. An HD remake like Spyro would be great. Spyro Reignited is super great.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Would definitely be interested in a Banjo revival, ESPECIALLY if it's allowed to be ported to the Switch; I would buy that in a heartbeat! Also, I obviously voted for the bear and bird; not as familiar with those other candidates anyway.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Was he involved in the Conker remake? I feel like they missed the point of the original by making all the characters look like gross ren and stimpy characters that you'd expect to be drinking and cursing. The original game had a much more "cute" aesthetic where the cursing, swearing, and violence actually seemed shocking and out of the place ( not that I think most of the games humor holds up now that i'm not a teenager ), I hope this successor doesn't fall into that.

On the topic of Anime characters in Smash, I have no problem with them or their aesthetics, but the more unique, the better. The only issue I have is that I know Fire Emblem is more than sword weilding lords, even though I don't play it. I'd much rather they go with characters that don't look and act like characters that are already on the roster.
I think that Microsoft may have had something to do with that, seeing as Reloaded was on the "mature" console. Yet some of the swearing got censored out even more than the original...

Yeah, I understand the feeling. If I see one more guy with blue hair that isn't from Breath of Fire...

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Voted for Banjo and will every hour that I remember! Even if Rare doesn't want to give them a reboot, if they somehow won this, I'm sure they'd at least see how much support they have. Though with things like Half-Life and the other games on there, I think the demographic is against them.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I'll be honest I'd rather Microsoft not get involved if it's not Banjo. I don't give a flying feather about Minecraft, and even as shocking as it would be, I just don't feel like Master Chief would be the best fit.

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
Seems kind of crazy to look at the category "Most Desired Franchise Resurrection" and compare it to the others, most of which are heavily steeped in Western AAA games. Banjo-Kazooie definitely has some competition, but the fact that they (and F-Zero and EarthBound, for that matter) even made the list tells me that there's a lot more demand for the series than I first thought.

There's a good chance Microsoft would put a new Banjo game on the Windows Store (and possibly Steam), seeing as that's their policy with Xbox exclusives these days. So I wouldn't fret too much about having to get an Xbox if they gave the bear and bird another chance. Not that I think a revival is that likely anyway, but who knows.

I'll make sure to vote when I can remember- once per hour is pretty frequent.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Dang, I have to choose between Banjo-Kazooie and Undertale EarthBound.

I voted B-K this hour, gonna vote EarthBound the next. If I keep voting afterwards (I feel I may), I guess I'll continue this pattern.

dlewis53

Smash Lord

As suspected, Hitagi was full of it, Steve is dead and buried. Worry no more.
Well, I wouldn't say Steve is dead (I assume Verge is sticking to there being Minecraft content), but what little credibility Hitagi might've had definitely is.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I guess we could get Minecraft Spirits or a Mii Costume as DLC with Banjo-Kazooie; that'd make more sense then them not being shown off for the base-game.
Seems pretty fair to me.

Also, today's update is ridiculously early, or is it just me? Seeing Zelda with a memories article for ALTTP is a pleasant surprise, too.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Anyway not banjo related but I’m gonna bring some beef

https://www.reddit.com/r/SmashBrosUltimate/comments/9fofbl/leaked_info/

This is about 2 months ago
"Posting this here since the smashbros subreddit deleted it. (guessing because I don't have any pictures or anything?)Hey so long story short up until a couple weeks ago I was a tester on smash ultimate. I don't really have too much proof since they don't allow electronics. The person in charge is named Robert Jahn and the code name is Cross2 if that helps. I can take a pic of my badge if really needed but that could still be anyone at NOA and is a bit incriminating so I'd rather not.Anyway after Isabelle the only other characters are Ken and Incineroar. So not much interesting there. Single player mode is neat. Spirits are kind of like stickers. Stage selection last I was there is still a ****show with no sorting. Couple modes are day 1 patch and there is a dlc character pretty playable. Won't spoil those for now.Just throwing out some leaks to **** off those **** at the office for letting me go. Plus they treat the rest of the team like crap, the turnover is high for a reason. My roommate who works there said like half of the testers aren't in the credits just because they didn't feel like adding them basically. Plus devs are way behind on fixing bugs, don't be surprised if the release build has bugs.If anyone has any specific questions ask. I'd like to give more proof but I can't really think of anything.Edit: I can leak some assist trophy or pokemon stuff if you want or specific movesets (isabelle can tether recover with her fishing rod special for instance) but honestly I don't know what's been released and what hasn't. Did they show the Mario Paint fly swatter assist trophy yet? That game's pretty great.Honestly since my goal is to **** over the management in the testing department it's kind of annoying that I can't get this on a more popular subreddit and that I don't have any concrete proof. Let me know if there is anything I could say that would help that's not like a picture or something I can't get. I mean I've played the game all the way through so if I could connect some dots or something idk."
https://www.reddit.com/r/SmashBrosUltimate/comments/9fk0yw/potential_dlc_fighters/e5y2g4v/?context=3

Same guy 68 days ago

I worked on it for a while and no **** joke the only one in the game as of a couple weeks ago is a pirhana plant. I have no idea why. It doesn't even have the>! fireball!< they're known for. Such a strange choice, people are going to be **** when they announce that. It's pretty playable though just some minor graphical bugs last I checked. I assume they'll do more DLC in the future but that's the only one in the build we got (you have to use the debug menu to use him).

Also Incineroar is on the base roster, he does a bunch of wrestling moves, it's kind of weird. Also his purple skin definitely looks like Big the Cat's colors, probably a coincidence but I always found it funny. His side special is especially strange you literally summon ropes and bounce the opponent against them. Seriously I know that sounds stupid but you'll see, that's legitimately his side special. Is there a pokemon move to justify that? I can't imagine there is.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I'm not 100% sure we need to worry even if Steve is playable. While Ryu and Ken are definitely Capcom characters, Steve and Banjo don't feel so much like Microsoft characters, more like Mojang and Rare. Sure, they're both owned by Microsoft, but there's no rule that says they both can't be in. *shrug*

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
To be honest, I’d be down for Banjo and Steve.

My ideal realistic lineup is:

Banjo and Kazooie
Elderek (although I am thinking no Square besides maybe Geno)
Geno
Bethesda Rep (Doomguy would be best)
Steve

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
My perfect lineup would be

Banjo
Rayman
Bandanna Dee
Sora or Slime
*NINTENDO CHARACTER*

Sub in Master Chief or Doomguy for the Square Rep

dlewis53

Smash Lord
My roster for DLC would be:
Banjo-Kazooie
Geno/Sora (I feel like it'd be one or the other right now)
Bandana Waddle Dee
...Two other characters that I can't really think of.

NobleClamtasm

Smash Journeyman
I'm not 100% sure we need to worry even if Steve is playable. While Ryu and Ken are definitely Capcom characters, Steve and Banjo don't feel so much like Microsoft characters, more like Mojang and Rare. Sure, they're both owned by Microsoft, but there's no rule that says they both can't be in. *shrug*
I agree completely. Even if they're owned by the same parent company, what they represent is completely different. Banjo is Nintendo history from a cherished era in gaming to appeal to the core fans, while Steve is the next generation that appeals to people outside of the Nintendo circle. I think it's completely viable for both of them to be in, and we shouldn't really be too worried about Steve.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
I've actually tried playing Minecraft last month and had a blast. It's especially meaningful to me that I can cross play with my friends who never buy Nintendo consoles. So I'd be down for Steve and Banjo too. I'd probably be disappointed if it was just Steve, but I'd bare no ill will toward Steve. I'd probably feel no disappointment if we got Banjo and no Steve though.

For me, I don't even know who my ideal DLC picks are, I just know Banjo and Geno are on them, and probably Dixie Kong for first party. After that, it's all wild cards, since everyone I could possibly want is either an assist or has too many hurdles that make them just a pipe dream.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I knew hitagi was full of it.. but I'm sure there will still be people who follow her into oblivion...

Either way Banjo is looking likely, beside's did any of you guys see that article about the Nintendo employee saying they hear us for character requests and know who we want? It was just a dumb little off comment but still it gives me hope that when Sakurai said "Nintendo chose the DLC" he means they picked characters they felt would sell real well due to popularly thus we get Geno, Banjo, and some surprise's thrown in. I don't see why Steve and Banjo can't coexist.

Geno
Banjo
Steve
Dovakhin
Gen 8 pokemon

Seem like decent choices to me

puremrz

Smash Apprentice
We doing wanted DLC now?

1. Banjo Kazooie (duh)
2. Rex, although he may be deconfirmed...
3. Phoenix Wright
4. Lloyd
5. Amaterasu

Please be gentle, Sakurai.

Edit:
Actually, let's use this picture:
dlc.png

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
My "Current" Top 5 Most Wanted Newcomers

1. Banjo-Kazooie
2. Conker
3. Crash Bandicoot
4. Dixie Kong
5. Battletoads

- Honorable Mentions

Killer Instinct - Spinal/Fulgore (Though Riptor is my favorite.)

Joanna Dark (Perfect Dark)

Spyro the Dragon

Bomberman

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
DLC:
1. Geno (the fan favorite)
2. Bandana Waddle Dee (Nintendo rep)
3. Banjo-Kazooie (duh)
4. Hollow Knight (the indie rep)
5. Shadow/Isaac/Waluigi (surprise promotion)
Perfect DLC IMO.

Top Bottom