• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Starblax

Smash Apprentice
if we're doing this then I guess I will too
1. Joker
2. Monster Hunter
3. Anna (Confirmed as a spirit but oh well)
4. Banjo
5. Amaterasu

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
It's fake, the "Steve" spirit is missing the octogon tab in the bottom right corner

1542997131475.png

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord

Don Bongo (Right of Octoling) has the same property in this screenshot. He has no secondary spirit slots.
Hm, alright, you admittedly have me there

But what about the Tohou character in there too? That seems even MORE unlikely to be even a spirit

Rigumaro

Smash Apprentice
I'm gonna remain cautious because it could be very easily photoshopped. But we'll know soon.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
Can I ask why Chosen Undead over one of he named characters from Dark Souls? I feel like it would be hard to come to a consensus on how to make a Dark Souls character play given all the varied play styles and there are certainly some great characters (At least from what I’ve played, never finished one proper, currently at Anor Londo in the Remaster on Switch and played a decent amount of Bloodborne).

Also, glad to see the Banjo thread still kicking. I’m sure that the rumors on Steve and the whole Nintendo picking thing have hurt recently, but he’s also the rare requests standing through most of this.
It's the moveset variety really.

I also completely forgot Joker/Ren as a potential Smash candidate. He'd probably be in my top 5 over Doom Slayer. Though I figure Persona 5 should come to Switch first.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Here's my dlc "never gonna happen" list:

1. Amaterasu
2. Banjo-Kazooie
3. Fierce Deity Link
4. Neku Sakuraba
5. Earthworm Jim
I guess Sakurai could take a shot at Ama, Neku and even Jim if enough people ask about it. But FD Link is the most impossible out of these, yeah. The closest we'll ever have to him is that alt skin.

Last edited:

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
If no Banjo pops up, I’ll be feeling pretty damn great
Banjo isn't going to show up in any base game leak. If he's going to show up he's going to be DLC. Same deal with other main 3rd party candidates. They're not going to show up as Spirits if they weren't shown off in the Direct. Getting the rights to put them and not showcasing them doesn't make sense.

I'm still hoping for DLC, but I'll be happy with whatever happens, game is going to be super fun.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Banjo isn't going to show up in any base game leak. If he's going to show up he's going to be DLC. Same deal with other main 3rd party candidates. They're not going to show up as Spirits if they weren't shown off in the Direct. Getting the rights to put them and not showcasing them doesn't make sense.

I'm still hoping for DLC, but I'll be happy with whatever happens, game is going to be super fun.
Poor Rayman got no such treatment...

squirtgar

Smash Apprentice
VergeBen just spoke up guys. Banjo isn't happening...

A moment of silence...
So is there any reason to get the fighter pass now? Also provide a source not just a picture of some text next time. Anyone can say "verge said this" so plz provide the sauce.

Also what do you guys think of the impa leak?

Last edited:

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Yeah, old post

Verge is probably not speaking because his information is getting hard to get these days

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
VergeBen just spoke up guys. Banjo isn't happening...

A moment of silence...
I think I have just enough hope to consider that there's a chance he could be wrong even in the event that he really said that.. Obviously, Verge's track record is spotless Smash wise right now, but I'll never give up hope on Banjo.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
Verge didn't know about K. Rool, so I wouldn't rule out anybody that he may not know of, and he seems like he knows even less about the DLC, based on his reliance on Hitagi recently... So even if that is him, I have a harder time believing it.

If accurate, I'm still gonna hold out hope, especially if Minecraft is getting in, that'd only improve Banjo-Kazooie's chances.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
It was literally posted word for word from another “leaker” yesterday. The fake spirit of Steve is more real than that being a post from Verge

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
The Impa leak is definitely fake. The art in the Classic mural is exactly one from Hyrule Warriors:

IMG_5596.jpg
IMG_5597.PNG

Last edited:

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Some early data mining shows 30 character slot could (key word “could”) be added.

Guys and gals, I really think if there is any Microsoft content, we will be getting Banjo and Kazooie

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
Whew, glad we're back at square one with Banjo-Kazooie being completely possible. Sicka these fakers coming in every time I check in on this board!!

30 character placeholders is pretty ridiculous. I mean, Furukawa did say he wanted to extend the life of games with more and more DLC in the future, so I can believe getting another wave of DLC fighters, maybe a third too. But honestly, I think, and I BELIEVE we'll be getting Banjo-Kazooie in the first wave of DLC characters. One of the five that's coming out over the course of 2019, Banjo-Kazooie oughtta have top billing.

Last edited:

GreyJinjo

Smash Cadet
how on earth can you come up with 29 characters? With 70 in the base roster, plus Piranha Plant that would mean we would have in total 100 characters. How do you come up with 29 characters that aren't already Spirits?

how on earth can you come up with 29 characters? With 70 in the base roster, plus Piranha Plant that would mean we would have in total 100 characters. How do you come up with 29 characters that aren't already Spirits?
29 characters, piece of cake.

Banjo Kazooie
Grunty
Mumbo
Humba Wumba
Bottles
Jamjars
Jinjonator
Blobbelda
Mingella
Canary Mary

Jolly Roger
Captain Blubber
Targitzan
Old King Coal
Mr. Patch
Weldar
Terry
Chilli Billi
Chilli Willi
Mingy Jongo

Klungo
Boggy
Tiptup
Boss Boom Box
Conga
Brentilda
LOG
Trophy Thomas
Motzand(Master Hand echo)

Easy peasy lemon squeezy :p

Seriously though maybe they gave themselves a ton of leeway to prepare themselves in future, in the event there was conversations around extension of DLC beyond season 1.

The number is :083:, but the Switch has only been around for a year and if Nintendo are in for the long haul with the Switch and considering the narrative on their position around DLC, then the console will be supported for 5+ years easily, which may open the doors for prolonged support for Smash.

Who knows....strap yourself in, certainly some tasty info out there a few weeks out from release!

Last edited:

Kremling Krewmate

Smash Rookie
Sharing from the Smash Ultimate General thread:
Apparently Rare is listed in the game's copyrights. Not sure if it's true or not, and if it is maybe it's just a courtesy, but it's something to keep in mind.
Some of the DK music has been been credited under Rare Limited. in past Smash games if I remember correctly. However, if this is legit and they are grouped with the official copyright list (Capcom, SQUARE ENIX, KCEI, etc.), then this would bode very well for a certain bear and bird's chances!

EDIT: Can confirm that "Rare Limited" is listed as composer for most of the DK tracks in Sm4sh. Hopefully it's something more for Ultimate :p

Last edited:

puremrz

Smash Apprentice
Blast Corps and Jet Force Gemini are mentioned in the game in some form (I forgot how).
But no Banjo Kazooie out of all possible Rare games? HMMMM! Could this mean something?
DLC confirmed

shellshocker18

Smash Apprentice
Several people are saying Star Twins and Blast Dozer have text in the datamine, not as spirits but as listed games. Each spirit has a game of origin listed with it, and an image on 4chan clearly shows Star Twins. This rumor along with Rare being listed in the credits would be very exciting news, but I'll wait until I see it in better proof than a 4chan post because it can so easily be faked. I know the Smash ultimate Rom is out there but I haven't looked at it myself. But if all that is true it will be very soon people get more clear proof. There are no spirits yet for Jet Force Gemini or Blast Corps, so if it's real the text will go unused until some spirits come with a Rare/Microsoft DLC. If it's accidental data left in the game I think might even get patched out. Who knows

Apparently Reddit user N247 was the one who found Blast Corps mention and was posting it on Reddit and 4chan.
https://www.reddit.com/user/n247

He is taking credit for it, and by his post history he seems legit, not the kinda guy who posts fake stuff just to troll people. I desperatly don't wanna be burned but thinking any Rareware game is mentioned in the Smash Ultimate Code, or they are being credited for music composition like others are saying, means they are involved. Banjo & Kazooie may yet have assist trophy or maybe even fighter hope

Last edited:
Top Bottom