• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Minecraft is in Smash but represented with a boss. I am curious if Minecraft representation about being a fighter or AT was an intentional misdirect now. But there you have it.

-Verg

Sounds like BS to me

But if somehow true, since Microsoft is involved.

We're getting Banjo

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
It's possible Banjo is the first DLC character, also let's not count out the possibility that Banjo was planned for the base game but was pushed to DLC. We could very well get an actual trailer for Banjo in the next few weeks and he could be coming sooner than we think. It's possible the Rare stuff could have been left from them attempting to put him in the base game..

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm going to bet Banjo is in now as DLC

At least over Steve

Even if Verg is BS

Last edited:

Khandoit

Smash Cadet
Actually hold up
Verge is leaking mine-craft boss when the boss list doesn't list one. This leads to three outcomes.

1. Verge is wrong.
2. Steve is in, and the Boss will be his classic mode boss
3. Other Rep gets in, banjo, and for some reason gets a minecraft boss

Honestly 1 or 2 seem most likely.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Actually hold up
Verge is leaking mine-craft boss when the boss list doesn't list one. This leads to three outcomes.

1. Verge is wrong.

Or we could be fighting the minecraft rep on Final Destination. The only bosses leaked are ones with their own stages.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Actually hold up

1. Verge is wrong.

What? Why? Just because theres a MC boss it doesn't mean Steve is in..

There's Rare game stuff in the code for the game if anything that makes Banjo more likely. Vergeben never settled on Steve... and now we know why. It was that fraud Hitagi who was saying Steve is 100%

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Minecraft Dragon being a boss doesn't really make sense to me though. It's either content they're adding later or the datamine isn't complete. Neither really makes sense to me unfortunately. So I dunno, I'm not saying that Steve isn't going to be in, but the scenario is a bit confusing. Vergeben seems confused about it too at least, so I think we're all confused together, haha.

Khandoit

Smash Cadet
What? Why? Just because theres a MC boss it doesn't mean Steve is in..

There's Rare game stuff in the code for the game if anything that makes Banjo more likely. Vergeben never settled on Steve... and now we know why. It was that fraud Hitagi who was saying Steve is 100%
I saw an image of a string for blast corp, but I saw no image for the string for Jet force Gemini. The only source I can find for that is one user on reddit and they have posted the exact same image twice as proof. Once on reddit and again on twitter.

Also I could just turn around and say the same thing to you about the Rare stuff. "just because theres a reference to a rare IP doesn't mean Banjo is in." But if there are just rare references and a minecraft boss, that lends more weight to minecraft since its far more deliberate and concrete in implications. if there was a string found containing banjo & kazooie, I'd say they were a lock. So far though, its an unverified image of text that says "Blast Corp" vs a claim from a leaker thats had a fairly good track record lately. Either way it involves a lot of assumptions.

Don't get me wrong though, I want Banjo&Kazooie and hate the idea of Steve, but lets not get too excited for something that hasn't happened yet. So far theres no actual evidence in the data for the minecraft boss nor is the data involving rare verified yet.

On a related note: If someone can post a secondary souce for the Blast corp/jet force data in ultimate please do. so far its just the reddit user "U/N247"

https://www.reddit.com/user/n247

I'm trying not to get too hyped for banjo. I want to, but I can't.

StormC

Smash Hero
I saw an image of a string for blast corp, but I saw no image for the string for Jet force Gemini. The only source I can find for that is one user on reddit and they have posted the exact same image twice as proof. Once on reddit and again on twitter.

Also I could just turn around and say the same thing to you about the Rare stuff. "just because theres a reference to a rare IP doesn't mean Banjo is in." But if there are just rare references and a minecraft boss, that lends more weight to minecraft since its far more deliberate and concrete in implications. if there was a string found containing banjo & kazooie, I'd say they were a lock. So far though, its an unverified image of text that says "Blast Corp" vs a claim from a leaker thats had a fairly good track record lately. Either way it involves a lot of assumptions.

Don't get me wrong though, I want Banjo&Kazooie and hate the idea of Steve, but lets not get too excited for something that hasn't happened yet. So far theres no actual evidence in the data for the minecraft boss nor is the data involving rare verified yet.

On a related note: If someone can post a secondary souce for the Blast corp/jet force data in ultimate please do. so far its just the reddit user "U/N247"

https://www.reddit.com/user/n247

I'm trying not to get too hyped for banjo. I want to, but I can't.
A ResetERA poster confirmed Jet Force Gemini as well:

It appears as if someone over on ResetEra was able to confirm the Jet Force Gemini text! (Post#4014). As for Blast Corps I've heard that it could be fake, but if JFG of all games is referenced in the code then Blast Corps would be just as likely.

shellshocker18

Smash Apprentice
Well here are both text strings, one for Jet Force and one for Blast Corps. As for their source, i really don't know. I'm trying to get a rom so i can check for myself.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/505055753871032342/515813964597297152/image0.jpg

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/485275866528743434/515965205612593153/Dsws80rWoAAlYJ-.png

Khandoit

Smash Cadet
A ResetERA poster confirmed Jet Force Gemini as well:
Well here are both text strings, one for Jet Force and one for Blast Corps. As for their source, i really don't know. I'm trying to get a rom so i can check for myself.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/505055753871032342/515813964597297152/image0.jpg

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/485275866528743434/515965205612593153/Dsws80rWoAAlYJ-.png
MVPS right here.

Last edited:

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
It's possible Verge was just responding to the early leak of Minecraft getting a boss this morning, you know, a response like "oh, that must've been it then". I don't necessarily see this as him coming forth with information of Minecraft getting a boss, just that him seeing a Minecraft boss lined up with the information of Minecraft being in the game in some form.

As for the Blast Corps and Jet Force Gemini code, the more verification the better. I wanna make sure this thing is real before we get another Grinch on our hands again...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's possible Verge was just responding to the early leak of Minecraft getting a boss this morning, you know, a response like "oh, that must've been it then". I don't necessarily see this as him coming forth with information of Minecraft getting a boss, just that him seeing a Minecraft boss lined up with the information of Minecraft being in the game in some form.

As for the Blast Corps and Jet Force Gemini code, the more verification the better. I wanna make sure this thing is real before we get another Grinch on our hands again...
There is no leaked Minecraft boss

Dataminers have found 0 minecraft content in smash

Last edited:

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
I know it's not in, but there was an early fake leak I should say, this morning. And Vergeben possibly was just responding to that as if it was the answer to his Minecraft dilemma. I wouldn't discredit Vergeben just yet, but also, he's for sure clueless and is just running on out of date info he has.

Starblax

Smash Apprentice
Steve is officially dead.

Jet Force Gemini/Blast Corps is in the game files.

Oh my god it might actually be happening

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Blast Corps is such a weird choice to be in there. lol

But glad to see it possibly get love. (Bulldozer is a spirit wut)

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
I mean, yeah, when dataminers find Jet Force Gemini and Blast Corps but not Minecraft, that's pretty telling.

StormC

Smash Hero
I'll admit it would bum me out a bit if characters like Banjo were meant for the base game but cut then repurposed as purchasable DLC. Granted, we don't know how much development they would have gotten if any, and the base game is already an incredible deal for 60 bucks, but... eh. Oh well. The moment I see Banjo, I'm buying the Fighter Pass.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I'll admit it would bum me out a bit if characters like Banjo were meant for the base game but cut then repurposed as purchasable DLC. Granted, we don't know how much development they would have gotten if any, and the base game is already an incredible deal for 60 bucks, but... eh. Oh well. The moment I see Banjo, I'm buying the Fighter Pass.
It's not a bummer for me if it happens. I'm not overflowing with financial abundance, but I would pay absurd amounts to have Banjo in. Before the Grinch leak I sort of always assumed that Banjo's chances were pretty small, but that had gotten my hopes way up. I was always hesitant to 100% believe it since it seemed to good, but damn was I hoping.

So yeah, if the end result is Banjo in Smash, it doesn't matter to me if it's sold as even $100 DLC. I can understand why Rare / Microsoft would want them as DLC, so maybe thinking that they were always intended for DLC is the safest standpoint all along.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Sakurai stated there were no cuts.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
I feel like bringing this up here, so anyways, at this link

https://mobile.twitter.com/AltDeltas/status/1066276640324501504?s=19

we have multiple things that may increase Banjo-Kazooie's chances exponentially. How?

Apparently, Rare's copyright is cited multiple times in the games files (this is found in the comment section of the link above)

But the bigger evidence is that there is proof of Blast Corps and Jet Force Gemini content in the game removed for some reason.

If, say, Ender Dragon actually is a boss, but not yet in the game, is it possible that the rumored Day 1 DLC patch will include a bunch of Microsoft and Rare related content, including Banjo-Kazooie?

Just a thought, what do you guys think?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I feel like bringing this up here, so anyways, at this link

https://mobile.twitter.com/AltDeltas/status/1066276640324501504?s=19

we have multiple things that may increase Banjo-Kazooie's chances exponentially. How?

Apparently, Rare's copyright is cited multiple times in the games files (this is found in the comment section of the link above)

But the bigger evidence is that there is proof of Blast Corps and Jet Force Gemini content in the game removed for some reason.

If, say, Ender Dragon actually is a boss, but not yet in the game, is it possible that the rumored Day 1 DLC patch will include a bunch of Microsoft and Rare related content, including Banjo-Kazooie?

Just a thought, what do you guys think?
Seems logical. Though it would be damn weird to see B-K fight a blocky dragon instead of Grunty.

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I heard that dataminers still haven't found people like tabuu, or other likely characters because they do not have a specific stage unique to them like Marx, or Rathalos. Is it possible Nintendo went the lazy route and you fight Ender Dragon on Final Destination somewhere in WOL?

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
I heard that dataminers still haven't found people like tabuu, or other likely characters because they do not have a specific stage unique to them like Marx, or Rathalos. Is it possible Nintendo went the lazy route and you fight Ender Dragon on Final Destination somewhere in WOL?
Possibly, maybe Gaur Plains? (that's a bit of a stretch, but where else COULD you fight him?)

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
I believe, when following the link to the thread, Verge said that his source, one of his more accurate at that, said that there was a Minecraft boss quite bluntly and he is aware that it hasn't been found in the datamines. God forbid I should scroll halfway up the page to check again, but he's sure.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
I believe, when following the link to the thread, Verge said that his source, one of his more accurate at that, said that there was a Minecraft boss quite bluntly and he is aware that it hasn't been found in the datamines. God forbid I should scroll halfway up the page to check again, but he's sure.
I recall seeing that claim as well.

Snorkel the dolphin

Cetacean Gamer
Switch FC
SW 6666 6666 6666
What do you think their stage would be? I think Spiral Mountain is the immediate obvious choice but I would love to see Rusty Bucket Bay with Snorkel in the background.

ProjectDream

Smash Apprentice
If you can't tell the wind is blowing in our direction.

The Jet Force Gemini/Blast Corps spirits being true take us from 50/50 into a highly likely chance. Minecraft was always going to be any one stage/boss/spirit/item/AT. To wind up being an ender dragon boss is a no brainer, plus don't be surprised if a Minecraft stage ends up being bonus content in the DLC pack in addition to the BK stage.

It'd take less than half the normal time to develop a regular stage considering how its just voxel based, pixelated textures and destructible environment parts (which smash already has so it could on the same code function.)

Top Bottom