• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Elma and Bandana Waddle Dee were both found as Spirits today. That said, I'm not one to believe a spirit can't be a DLC character.

Steve and Banjo would be nice, actually. I've never been against Steve, just have that Banjo bias personally.

I don't think "Smash prediction expert" is a valid title. I don't think his word is guarantee of anything. Anyone can get lucky. Also, Elma was confirmed as a Spirit, apparently.
I'll take "lucky" if that's what it comes to. Luck is never a bad thing to have on your side.

We haven't seen anything from Verge in over a week and Hitagi hasn't posted anything new in equally as long, only updating that he was wrong about Katalina and thinks there's a chance we won't ever know the Square character ahead of time.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Man, remember the old days when Sakurai showed off Luigi's trophy in Melee, which apparently meant that he couldn't make it?

Oh wait. :luigimelee:

I swear, this theory makes the Box Theory look like Citizen Kane in terms of enjoyment. I honestly want to see people's reaction if Edelgard shows up as a spirit.

StarDustStorm

Smash Journeyman
Man, remember the old days when Sakurai showed off Luigi's trophy in Melee, which apparently meant that he couldn't make it?

Oh wait. :luigimelee:

I swear, this theory makes the Box Theory look like Citizen Kane in terms of enjoyment. I honestly want to see people's reaction if Edelgard shows up as a spirit.
Was it on the Melee Website before the game was released?

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
I don't think "Smash prediction expert" is a valid title. I don't think his word is guarantee of anything. Anyone can get lucky. Also, Elma was confirmed as a Spirit, apparently.
For me, it is more than being right, it is how the Source Gaming team thinks

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
You know, something only a few have said, but perhaps Nintendo making the parameters to what DLC characters were eligible for Sakurai to choose from meant Nintendo pushing for Sakurai to pick some fan choices.

Very probable considering Sakurai is know for making wacky choices.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I think people are pushing the promotional character idea too much. Remember Corrin? Remember how pissed people were about Corrin? Remember how people are still pissed about Corrin? Yeah, I don't think Nintendo will be pushing that too much. I think there might be one at most but I think most if not all the DLC will be popular picks.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
I dunno man, Nintendo has a special talent for continuously disregarding pissed off fans and doing the thing that they want.
Also I think Nintendo knows that most the hardcore fans will buy all the DLC despite how they feel about the picks. It's the casual fans that need to be sold on the characters.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Given the current train of thought (especially if Steve turns out to have a spirit in the game), there'd be literally nothing to work with at this rate.

Anyway, people aren't just going to be surprised at this point, they'll outright have heart attacks since their expectations are set at rock-bottom at the moment.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Given the current train of thought (especially if Steve turns out to have a spirit in the game), there'd be literally nothing to work with at this rate.

Anyway, people aren't just going to be surprised at this point, they'll outright have heart attacks since their expectations are set at rock-bottom at the moment.
I am confused. If Steve is a spirit, seems like Banjo would vault to a near lock in that case

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I doubt that Steve is a Spirit, to be honest. I feel like if they went through the trouble of getting Minecraft rights in the base game, they would have shown it off in the Direct. If for whatever reason Steve does end up being a spirit, I imagine that Banjo would almost be guaranteed to be in as well.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I am confused. If Steve is a spirit, seems like Banjo would vault to a near lock in that case
I doubt that Steve is a Spirit, to be honest. I feel like if they went through the trouble of getting Minecraft rights in the base game, they would have shown it off in the Direct. If for whatever reason Steve does end up being a spirit, I imagine that Banjo would almost be guaranteed to be in as well.
Yeah. There was Minecraft content sightings, but for what is still nebulous, if it's even true at all.

This does seem like another favorable way for B-K to get in, even though spirits wouldn't necessarily deconfirm.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Yeah if Minecraft content is coming without a character, then yup, Banjo’s going to be early DLC

squirtgar

Smash Apprentice
I know his stuff is almost all wrong, but I am glad more ppl at least are hoping for it. Just seeing leaks with banjo make me get a little more hopeful. Just stay positive till the end.
"
To infinity, and beyond" -BuzzLightyear-
lol
I highly doubt this is real but whatever it is nice to dream, ya know.

Last edited:

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
I mean it appears Banjo is the last fan demand character left standing unscratched, and that’s huge!

Rigumaro

Smash Apprentice
We need to stop giving attention to these blatantly fake "leaks".

First of all, all that just sounds like fanservice. It's what everyone wants to hear. Then, you need to realize that leaks are never going to be a detailed list of everything they're going to show in a direct. There's no way an insider is ever going to give that much lenghty detail to anyone.

I just hate all these low effort leak attempts.

squirtgar

Smash Apprentice
We need to stop giving attention to these blatantly fake "leaks".

First of all, all that just sounds like fanservice. It's what everyone wants to hear. Then, you need to realize that leaks are never going to be a detailed list of everything they're going to show in a direct. There's no way an insider is ever going to give that much lenghty detail to anyone.

I just hate all these low effort leak attempts.
Even if they are fake if we give them attention (at least in the past) it could have been used to help push banjo. At this point for me it is for keeping up banjo fan morale not necessarily an indication of their chances.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Might be off topic, but Hitagi has came out and said that everything they’ve heard so far may be false (that includes Banjo not even being on the list of characters )

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77219763?page=1

Post #17

EDIT - When the post above you links your video XD
e8a.gif

I knew they'd slip up sooner or later. We're completely in the dark again! :colorful:

Between this and fakers having the ability to make WOL screenshot edits, this situation is going to essentially be like a 4-dimensional chess game on a Dyson sphere.

Last edited:

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
Even if Banjo didn't make it into DLC, knowing that Steve and Katalina aren't as probable as we (well, the sheep people who took Hitagi's word immediately) first thought gets me more excited. That means we'll probably get DLC picks that I'll like more.

I mean, nothing against those 2 characters, but I think you know where I'm coming from. The likes of Bandana Dee, Geno, etc. would be far more exciting for me than Steve and Katalina.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
If this Nintendo who's picking the DLC characters are higher ups like Miyamoto, just gotta remember, Miyamoto picked Pac-Man for Brawl. A pick like that poses no financial benefits to Nintendo, not really anyway, and is more along the lines of a character that requires more work on Nintendo's part than anything... Obtaining the rights, making the character work within gameplay, and inventing so much for it with the approval of the developer, and all because a higher up at Nintendo just personally really wanted the character. So who's to say this time around, that every DLC pick has to be a reasonably cheap and business smart decision? These character picks, just like Miyamoto's Pac-Man pick for Brawl, could just as easily be personal favorites of the higher ups making the decisions. Or, characters that they know the fans just really want.

So even with that, I think Banjo-Kazooie is totally within the realm of possibility.

Really, there's nothing stopping anybody from becoming a newcomer now. There's no more predictable picks based on past decisions Sakurai has made, and there's no longer any rules that he's put on himself either, it's not him anymore... It's who knows who at Nintendo. Could be anybody. And with Banjo-Kazooie in the cards still, hey, why not.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
I don't know if Pac-Man is comparible since Namco was helping with Smash all the time and has dozens of games on Nintendo consoles. He's also got a legacy that's just as strong as Mario's.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
Namco was not helping with Brawl.

Miyamoto requested Pac-Man, for Brawl... I'm not saying that has anything to do with Pac-Man's iconic nature, I'm saying it has to do with Miyamoto just picking whoever he wanted, and not necessarily whoever was most beneficial to Nintendo as a business.

Last edited:

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
I know his stuff is almost all wrong, but I am glad more ppl at least are hoping for it. Just seeing leaks with banjo make me get a little more hopeful. Just stay positive till the end.
"
To infinity, and beyond" -BuzzLightyear-
lol
I highly doubt this is real but whatever it is nice to dream, ya know.
"You can't go to infinity man, it's impossible!"
"Or BEYOND infinity."
"Man, you know nothing about science!"

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Rigumaro

Smash Apprentice
Even if they are fake if we give them attention (at least in the past) it could have been used to help push banjo. At this point for me it is for keeping up banjo fan morale not necessarily an indication of their chances.
But they have not been taking feedback this time around, they've been pretty clear about that. They used the feedback from the ballot back then to add K. Rool, and maybe Ridley. If us players could have really influenced the roster this time around, you bet we would have gotten other popular picks like Isaac, Skull Kid, Decidueye, Bandana Dee, etc. And the DLC line up has been decided.

If you want to "make noise for Banjo" then I'd rather recommend pointing it towards Microsoft and ask for Banjo-Threeie.

osby

Smash Obsessed
But they have not been taking feedback this time around, they've been pretty clear about that. They used the feedback from the ballot back then to add K. Rool, and maybe Ridley. If us players could have really influenced the roster this time around, you bet we would have gotten other popular picks like Isaac, Skull Kid, Decidueye, Bandana Dee, etc. And the DLC line up has been decided.

If you want to "make noise for Banjo" then I'd rather recommend pointing it towards Microsoft and ask for Banjo-Threeie.
I'd say they influenced it. :ultridley::ultkrool: were pretty popular requests, according to Sakurai, "Everyone is Here" is the result of fan demand, and we probably couldn't get :ultchrom::ultdarksamus::ultdaisy: otherwise. Not to mention :ultinkling: :ultisabelle::ultsimon: would get in either way.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'd say they influenced it. :ultridley::ultkrool: were pretty popular requests, according to Sakurai, "Everyone is Here" is the result of fan demand, and we probably couldn't get :ultchrom::ultdarksamus::ultdaisy: otherwise. Not to mention :ultinkling::ultisabelle::ultsimon: would get in either way.
I think the DLC wave will also be a balance of fan wants and characters that happen to be promoting/in more recent stuff. Where the balance of that will tip the scales in favor of is what's a mystery right now.

Plus even though Nintendo gave Sakurai predetermined suggestions, he still has to do the final selection in the end.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
To me, it seems like the general thread has a very big anime bias. If you look at their preferred characters, they tend to delve deeper in to more obscure anime-choices

I don’t have a problem with anime characters, but I do when people get elitest about it

Rigumaro

Smash Apprentice
To me, it seems like the general thread has a very big anime bias. If you look at their preferred characters, they tend to delve deeper in to more obscure anime-choices

I don’t have a problem with anime characters, but I do when people get elitest about it
This is why I really wouldn't want any more FE characters, or ones from like Dragon Quest or Tales of. I'm so tired of the anime aesthetic. It's so repetitive and unoriginal.

Like, don't get me wrong, I do watch some anime and I enjoy the genre ocassionally, but I still find it's lazy when most characters can only be differentiated by hair or clothing.

I want characters that are visually interesting and add different things to the table. Like Banjo&Kazooie, like Chibo Robo, Amaterasu, Rayman, Bandana Dee, or even Steve.

osby

Smash Obsessed
This is why I really wouldn't want any more FE characters, or ones from like Dragon Quest or Tales of. I'm so tired of the anime aesthetic. It's so repetitive and unoriginal.

Like, don't get me wrong, I do watch some anime and I enjoy the genre ocassionally, but I still find it's lazy when most characters can only be differentiated by hair or clothing.

I want characters that are visually interesting and add different things to the table. Like Banjo&Kazooie, like Chibo Robo, Amaterasu, Rayman, Bandana Dee, or even Steve.
A lot of them have different stances, faces, proportions and weapons. I like when we have different art styles but grouping FE and others under "anime" aesthetic is lazier imo.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
A lot of them have different stances, faces, proportions and weapons. I like when we have different art styles but grouping FE and others under "anime" aesthetic is lazier imo.
Adding to that, Dragon Quest does have a very distinct style compared to many other series. I mean, you take one look at it and it's impossible to confuse it for anything except Dragon Ball.

Rigumaro

Smash Apprentice
Adding to that, Dragon Quest does have a very distinct style compared to many other series. I mean, you take one look at it and it's impossible to confuse it for anything except Dragon Ball.
I admit I went a little too far because Dragon Quest does feel unique. I guess I was just going more for "generic jrpg" aesthetic and those games came to mind.

Yeah, obviously they have their differences, but they don't feel like it adds much variety. For example, look at Peach and Zelda. Both two princesses with dresses and blonde hair. But they look very distinct and different from eachother. Then you compare Marth, Ike, Chrom... And if you're not familiar with their games and don't know them, they say "generic fantasy anime swordman".

osby

Smash Obsessed
I admit I went a little too far because Dragon Quest does feel unique. I guess I was just going more for "generic jrpg" aesthetic and those games came to mind.

Yeah, obviously they have their differences, but they don't feel like it adds much variety. For example, look at Peach and Zelda. Both two princesses with dresses and blonde hair. But they look very distinct and different from eachother. Then you compare Marth, Ike, Chrom... And if you're not familiar with their games and don't know them, they say "generic fantasy anime swordman".
Characters from the same franchise looks more similar than characters from different franchises? Shocking. You should join our physics lab team, you are great at forming control groups.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Banjo & Kazooie have such a unique aesthetic compared to practically everyone else in the Smash Roster, the fact that they haven't been included in Smash thus far has been a crime in and of itself. Despite not being on a Nintendo console in over ten years, they look and feel more like Nintendo characters than most of the third-party choices (Snake, Cloud, Bayonetta, even Simon). I really truly hope they'll eventually get in as DLC. But I won't get my hopes up again, if they don't get in, it just wasn't meant to be.

That said, I'm grateful to see so many people still want them in and to see that I'm not a minority in that manner. Also to have made friends with you all! Thanks for keeping this old N64 vet's hopes alive <3

Last edited:
Top Bottom