• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Hmmm you know what I just realized something (if not mentioned already)

Remember how kazooie looks scared like snake might be aiming at them?

It just hit me

It might be reference this from metal gear V

Edit :ultgreninja:‘d by just a hair

Last edited:

JonSmash

Smash Ace
ok My thoughts on each newcomer...

Daisy-cool but were is walui-oh.....
Inklings-No DUH! we all knew it
Ridley-WHAT?!?! sakurai you @&$* LIER!
Simon Belmont-never saw or heard a huge demand for him until gamexplain covered his leaks by verge
Richter Belmont-WHO?
Chrom-we all knew it but thought he would be an ike clone not ROY?!?!?!
Dark Samus-she floats ??? cool
K. Rool-ABOUT *$*#( TIME !!! IT TOOK FOREVER FOR HIM TO HAPPEN!!! should of been in brawl (current best smash revile ever....until guh-huh)
Isabelle-SHE NOT AN ECHO!
Geno-THE GREATIST UNDERDOG STORY EVER TOLD ! A ONE OFF ERELIVENT CHARACTER ! AMAZING! I LOVE IT! (now we need fawful!)
Chorus Kids-they where only added B/C of all the gamexplain leak coverage & the "proof they where cut from smash4" made poeple want them IMO
Mach Rider- 1 dose he fight on a bike ? & 2 where the exitebike echo at ???
Ken-obvious clone is obvious (but there is so much room for mere echo! like bloodfalcon! hope we get a LOT of echo DLC!)
Shadow-meh sonic edgelords love him he is cool & all but we should of got tails & knuckes instead or with him IMO but happy etherway
BANJO & KAZOOIE!!!!!-I can finally die happy THE BEST CHARACTER COMEBACK STORY IN ALL OF VIDEO GAMING HISTORY ! WELCOME BACK HOME! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NINTENDO YOU SEE THE DEMAND BUY THEM BACK DAMN IT! BUY RARE BACK! WE ALL WANT IT! NINTENDO LOST ITS BRITISH MADGIC BACK THEN GET. IT. BACK! THAT OR RARE, M$ STOP PLAYING PIRATE & RIPPING OFF WE SPORTS! DITCH THE CARS & DO SOMETHING! but even if they don't this is some good ass closure. thank you grintch, thank you daddy sakurai & MOST OF ALL THANK YOU PHIL! without his tweet fans would not of got out & voted & thank US ! <3

this post will look dumb if the leak is fake & banjo don't get in but oh well :/

Talazar

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Talazar_Dashie
3DS FC
1461-6194-5821
This was asked over on the Issac thread, and thought it was a good question to ask here! Outside of Banjo & Kazooie, what other newcomers, including those in the leak are you all excited for? Both confirmed and leak newcomers. Personally, this entire leak has been insane to me. If it proves legit, this will be the greatest newcomer roster I’ve seen in any Smash Bros. to date!

The Inklings were an obvious selection from the start and seeing how they play makes me very excited to try them out in Smash!

Daisy is a wonderful addition who looks like she’ll bring a ton of personality to the ladies of Smash! Will definitely be alternating between her and Peach.

Ridley. RIDLEY. Man, where do I begin with him?! Ever since Melee’s opening movie, I’ve been so disappointed with being unable to play as the Cunning God of Death. His inclusion brings another iconic, heavyweight villain to the mix and I can’t wait to terrorize the Battlefield with him!

Simon Belmont, easily my second choice for a third party rep. His unique weapon and immense history with Nintendo made for someone who needed to be in Smash ages ago. After Snake was confirmed to return, and Bomberman coming as an assist trophy, I was convinced Simon wasn’t far behind!

I don’t know much about Richter Belmont, but he was a welcome surprise! I look forward to trying out both of them and comparing and contrasting their style.

I have an avid dislike of Fire Emblem so Chrom’s inclusion made me groan. But I’m willing to give him a play every once in a while, especially if this leak is true and I get who I’ve been wanting for decades!

Dark Samus is a bit more intriguing to me as an Echo Fighter. I’m interested to see how she compares to Samus.

First Ridley, now KING K. ROOL?! What is this reality we’re living in?! Yet another long time want for this game, another iconic, heavyweight villain to add to the mix. I can’t wait to pit him against Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Bowser, Ridley, etc.!

Isabelle is a precious gem and must be protected at all cost! A welcome newcomer from Animal Crossing who will definitely bring a lot of personality with her.

I’ve been rooting for Issac for the longest time as well. Seeing the Issac supporters in the same boat as my favorite characters and me made me very sympathetic. I’m also super in favor for any character that brings a new universe with them and am eager to learn more about Golden Sun. I’m also interested in his move set potential and what he’ll bring to the Smash roster. I also was always in favor of a new, non-Fire Emblem swordsmen who had more to offer. So I’m rooting for him as well in this leak!

Mach Rider is not someone I expected but i absolutely wanted in. Either them or Excitebiker, if they’re fast and powerful like Captain Falcon, and bring in another retro NES rep, I’m all for it!

Chorus Kids were an interesting idea but I couldn’t figure out how they worked until people pointed out in the leak that the Conductor is with them. That’s an AMAZING idea that kind of convinced me that the leak might be real. Only Sakurai could come up with an idea like that. The Conductor conducts their battle movements similar to the returning Pokemon Trainer and their Pokemon! That’s a brilliant idea and I can’t wait to see their kooky style in action.

Geno is someone I’ve heard about for years but never understood his popularity. He must be a big deal if he was consistently so high on the ballot options and even Sakurai wanting him in. I’m eager to learn more and see how his move set works in Smash.

Shadow is someone I could’ve done without but if he’s in, I’ll be eager to try him out! He could be another anti-hero villain slot similar to Dark Pit, and it would be interesting to see how he compares to Sonic.

I’m all for Ken’s inclusion as the ORIGINAL Echo Fighter. It’ll be cool to see if he has flames added to his moves compared to Ryu.
This should be fun

Daisy - I'm just laughing with this inclusion because my brother-in-law HATES Daisy because I destroy him in Mario Party with me shouting "HI I'M DAISY!" whenever I screw him over. I'm going to learn this character just to use her against my brother-in-law.

Inklings - An obvious inclusion would be very surprised if they weren't in. I'm happy that they used the many different weapon types for most of their attacks and how each inkling has different outfits.

Ridley - Oh man was I hyped when he was announced. I always believed it was possible to include him it was only a matter of "when". My only gripe with his moveset is that his Down B in the air isn't his tail striking downward like the games but it's not that big of a deal.

Simon Belmont - Always heard requests for this character every once in a while throughout the years and felt he had a slim chance but I never really thought it would be done. His moveset being mostly spaced attacks is going to be...interesting, but I like how true his special attacks are to his series it was obvious what special button would do what for him which probably made it easy just to create this character.

Richter Belmont - I'll admit I haven't played castlevania besides some of the first one so I have no idea who this was. (I think it's funny that he looks like alpharad)

Chrom - Another sword wielding Fire Emblem character.

Dark Samus - Like this look and animations and will most likely use it over Samus.

K. Rool - My second most wanted character. I was on break in my car when I saw the direct and was yelling my bloody head off when this screen was shaking, my co-workers with their bland humor thought I was "doing something else hehe XD". But seriously, I love Donkey Kong Country and even DK64 (I still think it's a great game the haters can bug off) and always though K. Rool was a great villain with so much potential and source material to work as a fighter. I'm perfectly happy with what they showed so far and I'm hoping this can mean that the Krocodile can finally be in another game.

Isabelle - New Leaf was my first Animal Crossing game and Isabelle was my favorite character she is so adorable. I'm still surprised she is her own character I thought for sure she would be an echo. This will be a character I would use to make some family and friends be salty from being beat by a cute little dog, it's going to be fun.

Isaac - I don't know ANYTHING about the Golden Sun series but a lot of people genuinely and wholesomely want him so I'll be happy if he's in.

Geno - I remember first hearing about Super Mario RPG from a newgrounds animated music video (Super MariooooOOOO R-P-G!) and managed to play the game not long after and had a blast with it and I'm normally not a huge fan of RPGs. Geno is a really cool character though with many different attacks and abilities that can easily translate to Smash (maybe not as easily as Banjo but still easy) I can see why a lot of people want him even Sakurai himself.

Chorus Kids - Oh man this is would be a really weird addition but I think that's normal for smash at this point *looks at G&W, ROB, and Wii Fit Trainer*. I really don't know what to think with this so I'll just have to wait and see.

Mach Rider - GAS! GAS! GAS! I'M GONNA STEP ON THE GAS! TONIGHT I'LL FLY!

Ken - He as to get in he is the first echo fighter. Also, my brother-in-law wants him so I'll be happy for him if he does get in.

Shadow - Never really cared for his inclusion but a good friend of mine does so I'll still be rooting for him.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Banjo-Kazooie fans hope they get in. Their an amazing duo with great moveset potential and would be great if in.

Rooting for you guys.

Astroworld

Smash Apprentice
Man I remember trying to put that bear to sleep in MGSV. Took like 20 tranqs to the face before he went down

although, being a Metal Gear nerd I have to point out the Snake in MGSV isn’t the same Snake in Smash

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Since some people are providing their thoughts on the newcomers (including those in the leak), I guess I will too.

Echo Fighters: Honestly, I'm not really a big fan of the Echo Fighters; as far as I can tell, there's not really a lot of differences between them and the originals (aside from maybe one or two things), and overall they kind of come off as glorified alternate costumes. The ones that come closest to being somewhat unique are probably Lucina and Chrom, but other than them, I'm not really understanding the hype for these characters outside the novelty of playing as them in Smash.

Inkling: Inkling definitely looks pretty interesting, especially with their Ink machanic, and I'm definitely looking forward to playing as them!

Ridley: Out of the currently confirmed characters, Ridley is probably my second most-anticipated; while I only have at best a passing familiarity with the Metroid series, I have been aware of the desire for his inclusion for quite some time, so I couldn't help but grin when I saw him included in the roster. I also like how much of a brutal savage he looks like, and he seems decently fast, though that may be more to how fast the game is in general. All-in-all, I'm looking forward to Ridley!

Simon: Admittedly, I know very little about Castlevania outside of the basic premise, so I wasn't exactly flipping out of my seat about Simon, but I did enjoy some of the references that I did get, and after watching him for a bit, I've grown to REALLY like the range he has with his whip (even if it looks more like a ball-and-chain than a whip). Overall, he still looks unique and I'm interested to try him out.

King K. Rool: HOLY CRAP, WHERE DO I BEGIN WITH K. ROOL? How's about with how, next to Banjo-Kazooie, he's pretty much my most-wanted character in the series! I loved Donkey Kong Country as a kid, and I flipped when he was revealed! Not only that, but he looks like the most fun heavyweight in the game; he moves decently fast, seems to have pretty good aerial mobility, and he references not only the DKC trilogy, but also DK64! All-in-all this feels like the perfect representation that K. Rool could've gotten in Smash, and I applaud Sakurai and team for pulling this off! (Also, the new remix of Gang-Plank Galleon that came with him is AWESOME!)

Isabelle: I'll be honest, I wasn't sure how to feel about Isabelle at first, mainly because I wasn't sure how exactly she'd feel different from Villager, and to an extent, I still feel like that; I think I'll need to play with her a bit to find out for sure. She is incredibly adorably cartoony, which is one thing she has over Villager.

Mach Rider and Chorus Kids: Lumping these two together because out of the leaked fighters, they're the ones that I know little to nothing about. That being said, apparently Mach Rider's deal is that he primarily rides a motorcycle in the original game, so that could be interesting in Smash; as for the Chorus Kids, from what I understand about Rhythm Heaven, they could come off as incredibly cartoony in a similar manner to Mr. Game and Watch, which I welcome since he's one of my favorite characters in the game. Overall, if they ARE in, I'd need to see how they play first.

Isaac: I probably know less about Golden Sun than I do Castlevania, but I do know of the demand for Isaac, and I can see why: from what I understand, Isaac specializes in Earth Magic, which is something unique that no other fighter uses, so that's a point in his favor. And like with Ridley, I would be happy for the Isaac fans who finally got their character!

Geno: I think Geno would fit very well into the more goofier side of Smash considering he's basically akin to a living puppet, and the moves I've seen him use in Super Mario RPG would make for some good moveset potential. And like with Ridley and Isaac,, I would congratulate the Geno fans for getting their character in!

Finally, we've saved the best for last:

Banjo-Kazooie: This is the one that makes me want to believe that this leak is real (aside from all the evidence that has piled up over the last few days) because, put simply, Banjo-Kazooie is my most wanted character ever. I adored their two N64 games as a kid, I feel like they have a massive potential for movesets (particularly with the different Egg varieties), and it would be a dream come true to see them return to a Nintendo platform after so long...even if it's just for Smash Ultimate. Honestly, if this leak is legit, then between bringing back every Veteran, and including the likes of Ridley, Simon, King K. Rool, and Banjo-Kazooie, along with fan favorites like Isaac and Geno, then this would be the most perfect Smash roster ever, and I would honestly never ask Sakurai for anything ever again!

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
So will the starting roster be like this
:ultmario::ultdk::ultlink::ultsamus:
:ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultfox::ultpikachu:8
Or this?
:ultluigi::ultmario::ultdk::ultlink::ultsamus::ultfalcon:
:ultness::ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultfox::ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff:12
I’m gonna assume the original 8. If you look back at the last Smash direct (the one with Simon and K. Rool) where they showed the main menu, the middle screen showing the characters only has the original 8 in the center.

1540663808952.jpeg

Also the cover box art of the game has the original 8 all on it.

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
This was asked over on the Issac thread, and thought it was a good question to ask here! Outside of Banjo & Kazooie, what other newcomers, including those in the leak are you all excited for? Both confirmed and leak newcomers. Personally, this entire leak has been insane to me. If it proves legit, this will be the greatest newcomer roster I’ve seen in any Smash Bros. to date!

The Inklings were an obvious selection from the start and seeing how they play makes me very excited to try them out in Smash!

Daisy is a wonderful addition who looks like she’ll bring a ton of personality to the ladies of Smash! Will definitely be alternating between her and Peach.

Ridley. RIDLEY. Man, where do I begin with him?! Ever since Melee’s opening movie, I’ve been so disappointed with being unable to play as the Cunning God of Death. His inclusion brings another iconic, heavyweight villain to the mix and I can’t wait to terrorize the Battlefield with him!

Simon Belmont, easily my second choice for a third party rep. His unique weapon and immense history with Nintendo made for someone who needed to be in Smash ages ago. After Snake was confirmed to return, and Bomberman coming as an assist trophy, I was convinced Simon wasn’t far behind!

I don’t know much about Richter Belmont, but he was a welcome surprise! I look forward to trying out both of them and comparing and contrasting their style.

I have an avid dislike of Fire Emblem so Chrom’s inclusion made me groan. But I’m willing to give him a play every once in a while, especially if this leak is true and I get who I’ve been wanting for decades!

Dark Samus is a bit more intriguing to me as an Echo Fighter. I’m interested to see how she compares to Samus.

First Ridley, now KING K. ROOL?! What is this reality we’re living in?! Yet another long time want for this game, another iconic, heavyweight villain to add to the mix. I can’t wait to pit him against Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Bowser, Ridley, etc.!

Isabelle is a precious gem and must be protected at all cost! A welcome newcomer from Animal Crossing who will definitely bring a lot of personality with her.

I’ve been rooting for Issac for the longest time as well. Seeing the Issac supporters in the same boat as my favorite characters and me made me very sympathetic. I’m also super in favor for any character that brings a new universe with them and am eager to learn more about Golden Sun. I’m also interested in his move set potential and what he’ll bring to the Smash roster. I also was always in favor of a new, non-Fire Emblem swordsmen who had more to offer. So I’m rooting for him as well in this leak!

Mach Rider is not someone I expected but i absolutely wanted in. Either them or Excitebiker, if they’re fast and powerful like Captain Falcon, and bring in another retro NES rep, I’m all for it!

Chorus Kids were an interesting idea but I couldn’t figure out how they worked until people pointed out in the leak that the Conductor is with them. That’s an AMAZING idea that kind of convinced me that the leak might be real. Only Sakurai could come up with an idea like that. The Conductor conducts their battle movements similar to the returning Pokemon Trainer and their Pokemon! That’s a brilliant idea and I can’t wait to see their kooky style in action.

Geno is someone I’ve heard about for years but never understood his popularity. He must be a big deal if he was consistently so high on the ballot options and even Sakurai wanting him in. I’m eager to learn more and see how his move set works in Smash.

Shadow is someone I could’ve done without but if he’s in, I’ll be eager to try him out! He could be another anti-hero villain slot similar to Dark Pit, and it would be interesting to see how he compares to Sonic.

I’m all for Ken’s inclusion as the ORIGINAL Echo Fighter. It’ll be cool to see if he has flames added to his moves compared to Ryu.
Inklings: I 100% expected them, so it was no surprise. I'm not a fan of Splatoon, so they don't do much for me, but I think they're deserving of the spot.

Daisy: One of only two who's inclusion I lamented. Mostly, because it vindicates her delusional fanbase. I'm not particularly a Waluigi fan, but I think he deserved it more than her.

Ridley: Another prediction of mine, I was pretty excited, as I'm a Metroid fan. I could live without him, certainly, but as a K. Rool fan, I can relate to the feeling of being denied when you know your character deserves to be in and I'm happy for his fans who've been fighting for so long.

Simon: I thought he'd be a cool addition after the Vergeben leak and his inclusion prompted me to discover a new favorite game series.

Richter: I'll admit, I was a little skeptical of Castlevania getting two characters right off the bat, but I'll probably be maining him now and I'm looking forwrd to Rondo of Blood.

Chrom: I am against more Fire Emblem characters at this point, but he's just an echo and, though I wanted an Ike echo more, I'll give him a try.

Dark Samus: Second most-wanted, was very very happy with this announcement.

King K. Rool; I probably would have cried tears of joy had my friend not spoiled it for me when I was at work. After this, honestly, my anxiety died down. We won and just knowing he's in is enough for me to wait as long as it takes for this game.

Isabelle: Just underwhelming; a poor way to bridge the gap between Smash Directs and I've personally no anticipation for her.

Banjo & Kazooie: Third most-wanted, second if only because I feel that this may be one of their only chances of making it into Smash. This will be the closest thing to a K. Rool level reaction I'll get now. (Thanks a lot, Nat!)

Isaac: He's been requested for a while by a lot of people. I want him cause others want him.

Geno: I like his wooden design and again, a popular character, so I'd be happy for others if he got in.

Chorus Kids: No real appeal to me, but I'm not opposed to them getting in.

Mach Rider: I know absolutely nothing about this character or how he would play, so I'm really just excited because I'm curious.

Ken: Seems like a natural choice for an echo fighter; I'll give him a try.

Shadow: There's just something I don't like about the Sonic franchise and that feeling extends to Shadow. Though I accept that it's inevitable, his inclusion is not something I'm looking forward to.

GravelerChamp60

Smash Apprentice
I think what really sells this leak to me among a bunch of other things, is that Sakurai really went forward to adding as many franchises as he could as he seems to be really dedicated in making this Smash the biggest crossover videogame in history.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
If the leak is indeed legit, praying it is, I’m sticking with my original plan and unlocking everyone by introduction in the franchise. So if the original unlockable fighters from Smash 64 (Jigglypuff, Luigi, Captain Falcon, and Ness) indeed need to be unlocked, then they’ll be the first I unlock (and I’ll only be playing 64 stages with them), then the Melee veterans (Peach, Bowser, the Ice Climbers, Zelda, Sheik, Dr. Mario, Pichu, Falco, Marth, Young Link, Ganondorf, Mewtwo, Roy, and Mr. Game & Watch), and the Melee stages, then the Brawl veterans (Meta Knight, Pit, Zero Suit Samus, Wario, Snake, Ike, Pokemon Trainer, Diddy Kong, Lucas, Sonic, King Dedede, Olimar, Lucario, R.O.B., Toon Link, and Wolf) and the Brawl stages, then the Sm4sh veterans (Villager, Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer, Rosalina & Luma, Little Mac, Greninja, Mii Brawler, Mii Swordfighter, & Mii Gunner, Palutena, Pac-Man, Robin, Lucina, Shulk, Bowser Jr., Dark Pit, Duck Hunt, Ryu, Cloud, Corrin, and Bayonetta) and the 3DS & Wii U stages, and finally the Ultimate newcomers (Inklings, Daisy, Ridley, Simon Belmont, Richter Belmont, Chrom, Dark Samus, King K. Rool, Isabelle, Issac, Mach Rider, Chorus Kids, Ken, Shadow, Geno, and last but certainly not least Banjo & Kazooie) and the Ultimate stages! I want to earn the right to play as Banjo & Kazooie!

D

Deleted member

All right I’ll bite-

:ultinkling:-I knew this one was gonna happen so yeah
:ultdaisy:-this was pretty much unexpected to me I had no idea she was gonna make it I was surprised actualy
:ultridley:-this one was a WTF moment for me I was pretty sure he wasn’t coming but the madman did it anyway #nottoobig
:ultsimon:-dark lord verge said he was in so yeah besides if he comes:ultsnake:comes back
:ultrichter:-I did not see this one coming I don’t even know him that much but I will try to soon
:ultchrom:-finally a FE character we all want instead of a random one
:ultdarksamus:-thanks to samus’s new pallet swap in e3 it pretty much comfirms this one just like Ike’s chrom pallet gone
:ultkrool:-I was in joy to see this popular pick come after sakurai said he was picking from the ballot
:ultisabelle:-verge
DEF04AB8-DE66-4150-9598-1D4E71A7F78D.png
-thanks to knuckles he will be a perfect echo for sonic
AEBD470A-8905-47C7-9344-49806984F5A6.png
-verge *sigh*
8CB3D906-95BA-441A-8478-2DFAF25115C8.png
-this would be a great WTF fighter for smash just like:ultrob:and:ultwiifittrainer:
6469F7C0-C97A-4E7F-95DD-6D42D093D823.png
-whenever there’s a new smash there’s always a retro rep and this one is the most badass rep I can think of
515FFC65-7B45-4D36-8B1D-022667D315B9.png
-this one deserves a comeback
4A58B327-F3C0-4D2A-9553-C3D2A8B6A495.png
-sakurai wanted so badly so yeah he’s in
53060450-3DFE-4014-93E6-CD98FEB54E22.png
-THE DYNAMIC DUO IS GONNA MAKE ITS RETURN ON A NINTENDO CONSOLE JUST IN TIME FOR ITS 20TH ANIVERSERY!!!! Plus this was the only way to keep Steve away from the base roster and dlc

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I think what really sells this leak to me among a bunch of other things, is that Sakurai really went forward to adding as many franchises as he could as he seems to be really dedicated in making this Smash the biggest crossover videogame in history.
Yes, with the inclusion of the Inklings, Simon/Richter Belmont, Issac, Mach Rider, the Chorus Kids, and Banjo & Kazooie, that brings the total number of playable universes to 36 total! That’s insane. Sakurai is a miracle maker if this leak is true.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Inklings: There wasn't a single person who didn't see this coming but still I look forward to trying them out.

Daisy: I honestly couldn't care less. I'm not a fan of playing Peach and Daisy isn't really a noteworthy character anyway.

Ridley: I love Metroid but I was never as attached to Ridley as everyone else maybe I just need to read the manga but I am happy for his fans though I did expect him to be added eventually. Sakurai could never shut up about him.

Simon: No attachment to Simon. I've played Chronicles, IV, and even the NES game and still, I don't really care about his inclusion.

Richter: He's my favorite Belmont. I literally so excited for his inclusion. I never thought he was ever a possibility since Simon was an icon but here we are.

Chrom: Meh he's here I'll probably never use him. I'm not against more FE characters but another clone is really lame. I know a lot people felt he was done wrong in 4 but really he wasn't. He didn't need to be here. Still seeing as echoes are basically just alt costumes I have no issue with him.

Dark Samus: I actively didn't want Dark Samus because I knew they'd make her an echo even though she has so much that could make her unique.

King K. Rool: Much like with Ridley I love his series but I never really cared all that much about him joining the roster. He did hype me up as his trailer was phenomenal, his moveset looks awesome, and he paved the way for Isaac my (tied for) number one most wanted. He's a welcome addition in my book.

Isabelle: I don't find Animal Crossing appealing and her trailer was actively terrible. The worst possible character to end on before a dead month.

Banjo & Kazooie: My most wanted. Him being in is actually a dream come true. I wanted him for so long and I remember trying to convince people so hard during the ballot days especially after Phil Spencer himself said it was ok. I need it.

Isaac: My other number 1 most wanted. I love Golden Sun. The 2 GBA games are fantastic and DD is pretty good and I have wanted him in since Brawl. I have never stopped fighting for this guy and it looks like the Isaac's fans hard work is about to pay off. This is so great especially after the bitterness of losing the AT in 4. There's not a single 1st party who deserves to be here more in my eyes.

Geno: He's a cool character from a cool game but I'd prefer Paper Mario. Still looking forward to trying him out.

Chorus Kids: Never played RH games so I'd be fine with anyone else but no problems with them.

Mach Rider: She's fine but would have like Takamaru more.

Ken: He's fine and a natural echo choice so whatever.

Shadow: I loved SA2 and he was a big part of what made the game special. I know later games kind of made him a joke to people but he's still awesome to me because those games won't tarnish SA2 in my eyes. Plus the music he's going to bring will be great.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
:ultinkling: - I saw it coming a long time ago. I never played the Splatoon games, so I don't have any attachment towards the character.

:ultdaisy: - I was really surprised, but she's not my cup of tea though.

:ultridley: - Finally! Thank you Sakurai! I have been wanting this guy in the roster for 17 years and I have been wanting more villains so thank you.

:ultsimon: - It's cool to see another legacy gaming icon in the roster, and he looks fun to play.

:ultrichter: - Who's this guy?!

:ultchrom: - I'm glad the Fire Emblem fans got this guy, but please Sakurai... NO MORE FIRE EMBLEM CHARACTERS.

:ultdarksamus: - I can't believe we got her! Best Echo thus far in my opinion.

:ultkrool: - FINALLY!!! MY MOST WANTED CHARACTER I'VE BEEN WAITING 17 YEARS FOR!!! I've been waiting for him to return so... THANK YOU SAKURAI!!!

:ultisabelle: - Not really into Animal Crossing and same as Daisy, she's not my cup of tea.

Chorus Kids - I never played the Rhythm Heaven games, but I'm very curious to see how a trio fighter plays.

Mach Rider - My most wanted retro rep by a mile. He looks cool and I would like to see how he would play.

Isaac - I've never played the Golden Sun games, so I wouldn't have any attachment to the character. But I would be very happy for all his fans that have been wanting him for years.

Geno - I love Mario RPG and Geno is a cool character that would have a very interesting moveset, so I hope he get's in.

Banjo-Kazooie - I would be so happy and crying tears of joy. Too me, they would be the perfect grand finale character to be announced for the roster.

puremrz

Smash Apprentice
We doing our thoughts on the newcomers now?

Daisy: Finally, there she is. I won't use her, but hey, it's good to have her in for real rather than as a recolor for Peach. Bonus points if one of her taunts is "Hi, I'm Daisy"

Inklings: It was obvious they were going to be in, but it's still cool to see them. I never played Splatoon, so I'm not terribly hyped for them, but I'm looking forward to using them every once in a while.

Ridley: My #3 made it in, I'm so happy ;_; I'm going to make him on of my regulars for sure.

Simon: I like this dude a lot more than I expected. I never played much Castlevania, and I was pretty bad at it, but I love how much Simon acts like he did in the NES games. Very hyped.

Richter: Never heard of him before for the reason above, but two for the price of one is never bad. I like Simon more though.

Chrom: Blegh. More Fire Emblem. (Says the one who mains Marth, Roy and Corrin)

Dark Samus: I saw her coming because Samus' alt color was missing. Pretty cool, but a shame her moves are the same as Samus'.

K. Rool: My #2 made it in, truly amazing really. I must have watched the reveal trailer over 30 times now, including reaction videos.

Isabelle: Eh, sure. I like Villager, but I could never get good at him. Maybe Isabelle will give me a second chance. But I feel so bad for having to hurt her.

Isaac: Pretty sweet (points at signature). Just in time for me to finish my Lost Age play-through too. There's quite a few good songs in Golden Sun, so I hope he'll have more than Cloud. No Felix echo, so I hope he'll be one of Isaac's alt skins.

Geno: His fans really annoyed me at times. But I grew to accept it (Geno, not the fans). I'm still quite neutral about wanting him since there are so many other characters I'd much rather have. We'll see if he's fun. He better bring in some sweet music as well.

Chorus Kids: My list of characters I really don't want is small, but Chorus Kids are on. It's their design that hurts me. Those obnoxious faces! ...That said, I want to try them out because I love using derpy characters. And I bet I'll like them anyway. It's not like I really don't want them in, b-baka.

Mach Rider: wtflol. A fighter on wheels. I shall make it a rule for myself to only use this character with Melee's Mach Rider theme playing on the background at a maximum volume.

Ken: Yawn. Next!

Shadow: Please let him be different from Sonic. He's so annoying to fight (in a bad way, not in a Chorus kids way). I hope Shadow will be more likeable. And I hope he brings in guns.

Banjo Kazooie: Stupid boomer character. ... My #1 made it in. Like, how awesome is that? My top 3 made it in! Praise Sakurai! I'm glad this got leaked in advance, because the hype might have killed me during their official reveal.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
:ultsnake:Not a newcomer, but he was my third most wanted and therefor super hype.
:ultinkling:Completely expected but hyped all the same, perfect newcomers.
:ultridley:My fifth most wanted, I was in shock and awe at his reveal.
:ultdaisy:Ew.
:ultsimon:Cool, not big on Castlevania but his moveset looks awesome.
:ultrichter:Literally who?
:ultchrom:Ffs.
:ultdarksamus:Eh.
:ultkrool:Fourth most wanted, reveal brought me to tears, we finally brought him back.
:ultisabelle:Meh.
Super meh.
I was against third parties having a second character, but since two other series have theirs, Edgy the Hedgy only makes sense.
Absolutely disgusting.
I personally hoped for Takamaru (or even more out there, Mike Jones) as a retro, but Mach Rider is cool as hell too.
Super cool, never played Golden Sun myself but congrats to his big fans.
He's been growing on me, another proper hype addition, good stuff here.
Do I even need to spell it out? Words can't describe my absolute joy. The leak could still be fake and I'm near tears at the thought of them coming home.

Got four of my top five in one game, only one missing is Rayman...

Last edited:

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
Since some people are providing their thoughts on the newcomers (including those in the leak), I guess I will too.

Echo Fighters: Honestly, I'm not really a big fan of the Echo Fighters; as far as I can tell, there's not really a lot of differences between them and the originals (aside from maybe one or two things), and overall they kind of come off as glorified alternate costumes. The ones that come closest to being somewhat unique are probably Lucina and Chrom, but other than them, I'm not really understanding the hype for these characters outside the novelty of playing as them in Smash.

Inkling: Inkling definitely looks pretty interesting, especially with their Ink machanic, and I'm definitely looking forward to playing as them!

Ridley: Out of the currently confirmed characters, Ridley is probably my second most-anticipated; while I only have at best a passing familiarity with the Metroid series, I have been aware of the desire for his inclusion for quite some time, so I couldn't help but grin when I saw him included in the roster. I also like how much of a brutal savage he looks like, and he seems decently fast, though that may be more to how fast the game is in general. All-in-all, I'm looking forward to Ridley!

Simon: Admittedly, I know very little about Castlevania outside of the basic premise, so I wasn't exactly flipping out of my seat about Simon, but I did enjoy some of the references that I did get, and after watching him for a bit, I've grown to REALLY like the range he has with his whip (even if it looks more like a ball-and-chain than a whip). Overall, he still looks unique and I'm interested to try him out.

King K. Rool: HOLY CRAP, WHERE DO I BEGIN WITH K. ROOL? How's about with how, next to Banjo-Kazooie, he's pretty much my most-wanted character in the series! I loved Donkey Kong Country as a kid, and I flipped when he was revealed! Not only that, but he looks like the most fun heavyweight in the game; he moves decently fast, seems to have pretty good aerial mobility, and he references not only the DKC trilogy, but also DK64! All-in-all this feels like the perfect representation that K. Rool could've gotten in Smash, and I applaud Sakurai and team for pulling this off! (Also, the new remix of Gang-Plank Galleon that came with him is AWESOME!)

Isabelle: I'll be honest, I wasn't sure how to feel about Isabelle at first, mainly because I wasn't sure how exactly she'd feel different from Villager, and to an extent, I still feel like that; I think I'll need to play with her a bit to find out for sure. She is incredibly adorably cartoony, which is one thing she has over Villager.

Mach Rider and Chorus Kids: Lumping these two together because out of the leaked fighters, they're the ones that I know little to nothing about. That being said, apparently Mach Rider's deal is that he primarily rides a motorcycle in the original game, so that could be interesting in Smash; as for the Chorus Kids, from what I understand about Rhythm Heaven, they could come off as incredibly cartoony in a similar manner to Mr. Game and Watch, which I welcome since he's one of my favorite characters in the game. Overall, if they ARE in, I'd need to see how they play first.

Isaac: I probably know less about Golden Sun than I do Castlevania, but I do know of the demand for Isaac, and I can see why: from what I understand, Isaac specializes in Earth Magic, which is something unique that no other fighter uses, so that's a point in his favor. And like with Ridley, I would be happy for the Isaac fans who finally got their character!

Geno: I think Geno would fit very well into the more goofier side of Smash considering he's basically akin to a living puppet, and the moves I've seen him use in Super Mario RPG would make for some good moveset potential. And like with Ridley and Isaac,, I would congratulate the Geno fans for getting their character in!

Finally, we've saved the best for last:

Banjo-Kazooie: This is the one that makes me want to believe that this leak is real (aside from all the evidence that has piled up over the last few days) because, put simply, Banjo-Kazooie is my most wanted character ever. I adored their two N64 games as a kid, I feel like they have a massive potential for movesets (particularly with the different Egg varieties), and it would be a dream come true to see them return to a Nintendo platform after so long...even if it's just for Smash Ultimate. Honestly, if this leak is legit, then between bringing back every Veteran, and including the likes of Ridley, Simon, King K. Rool, and Banjo-Kazooie, along with fan favorites like Isaac and Geno, then this would be the most perfect Smash roster ever, and I would honestly never ask Sakurai for anything ever again!

Inklings: A perfect fit for Smash, honestly a no brainer and look fun as hell

Daisy: I mean she's fine? Not the biggest fan of Daisy but I'm not against her

Ridley: Awesome. I honestly don't know much about him but the acclaim gets me excited plus he looks awesome

Simon and by extension Ritcher: Never played much Castelvania but holy crap were these two hype as hell. Sick looking movesets and music

Dark Samus: Neat

Chrom: Not the biggest fire emblem fan but cool (Also more Matt Mercer is a plus)

King K Rool: AAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!! King K Rool was one of my most wanted newcomers and him getting in and looking perfect is a solid 10/10

Isabelle: meh, underwhelming trailer and moveset.

Chorus Kids: An interesting concept for a character that I'm exctied to see done

Mach Rider: Awesome addition, one of the best retro rep ideas I've seen

Shadow and Ken: Two echos that I'm all around meh towards

Geno: I don't personally want him in that much so this doesn't mean much to me but congrats towards his fans

Issac: Awesome addition with the possibility of a kickass moveset

Banjo-Kazooie: Holy...****ing...****. YES!!!! I've wanted this character for YEARS and he's finally in

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Hey guys. Writing something on the leak. Does anyone have that image showing how Kazooie is looking at Snake's Missile launcher?

Talazar

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Talazar_Dashie
3DS FC
1461-6194-5821
I saw that one from above, but its the one that shows Kazooie's eye line to the rocket launcher. The image you provided still helps but I was hoping for that one as it proves a point. Sorry if it seems like I'm being difficult

volbound1700

Smash Master
:ultinkling:Happy and Expected
:ultridley:Not a huge fan but was happy for the Ridley fans and excited overall.
:ultdaisy:Alright. It helps me in a league I do because I added a Daisy rep with alt color of Peach for Smash 4.
:ultsimon:Not my #1 third party but definitely excited and happy he made it. He deserves to be in Smash.
:ultrichter:I didn't know who Richter was until the Smash direct. However, gave me hope for 2nd third-party reps.
:ultchrom:See note for Daisy. Same story for him.
:ultdarksamus:Meh.
:ultkrool:Very excited, so far the most exciting reveal that has been confirmed for me. Glad he is onboard.
:ultisabelle:Disappointment because I wanted more from that Direct. Rayman or Skullkid would have been a better pick for her spot. I know she stole a spot from someone I wanted.
Meh
Preferred Tails. He is more iconic to Sonic franchise. So disappointed some. I would like Shadow if Tails was already confirmed. In fact I would have rather have both Knuckles and Tails over him.
Meh. Never played their series.
Never played their series. Not sure how he will work. Neither disappointed or excited.
Excited. I want this character even though I never played the series.
Excited for his die hard fan base. I would have rather had other third party characters like Bomberman, Rayman, or Tails over him. Still hyped to have him in the game.
Maybe my favorite newcomers. It is between Banjo and KRool. I love having both on board.

Really wish I could see Rayman, Tails, Skullkid, and Dixie Kong as DLC. I also kind of want Doomguy and Masterchief just for the hype factor. Other characters that I would like are Impa, Bomberman, and Crash Bandicoot.

Isabella is by far my least favorite newcomer. Followed distantly by Dark Samus.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Inkling: Glad to see this one, especially since the Switch won't have the first Splatoon. Interacting with the Mario series is just perfect.
Daisy: Her fans are finally vindicated, gets to be with Luigi and she doesn't have to be a costume anymore! So I'm cool with her in.
Ridley: Not particularly as keen, but satisfied to see a fan favorite get in after all these years.
Simon: Nice to see he's in, especially considering they actually decided for his classic look, although I would have preferred not being spoiled about him.
Richter: Frigging great! Rondo of Blood is among my personal favorite CVs, so this is a pleasant surprise. Also, more than one char per third-party's nice.
Chrom: Not much of an FE follower, so good for those who wanted him in.
Dark Samus: See Ridley above.
King K. Rool: Most exciting reveal by far, it'll be FUN to mess around with him!
Isabelle: Yay, her moveset's adorable and I'm glad I was proven right about her not necessarily being an Echo due to her notoriety.
Ken: Okay, but I would much prefer other SF characters, like Guile or Chun-Li.
Shadow: Fine by me, I suppose, but he better come with his motorcycle, at least.
Chorus Kids: Fine, but I just hope they won't be tough to master.
Mach Rider: Low-key want since the Melee days, should be fun to find out details about. Kinda wish I didn't remove their icon to make up space for Risky.
Isaac: Glad to see a community favorite finally get his due after all the struggles, plus his abilities are sure to be an appealing hook beyond a sword.
Geno: Pretty good, I'm gonna enjoy seeing his attacks in HD.
Banjo-Kazooie: Icons from my younger days playing the N64 finally being in, not my biggest want, but seeing what the moveset will be is gonna be fantastic.

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
I'm not the most active here but I have been rooting for Banjo Ever since the original Phil Spencer tweet on the ballot and wanted to join in on this fun.

Inklings: I 100% expected them as well, the ink mechanic looks fun, but they're not high up on my list to try.

Daisy: Everyone likes to bring up Waluigi, but I really don't see how one affected the other here, even considering the close reveal times. I just hope she has her (in)famous line as a taunt. Toad is still the most deserving yet to be playable Mario newcomer hopeful.

Ridley: I honestly thought I would never see the day, yes, I had given up hope on seeing Ridley in Smash, which made the trailer all the sweeter. I have never been invested in Metroid as a series, but Ridley speculation was still a key piece of Smash Hype "culture"; you couldn't partake in the scene and not care at least a little about him it felt like.

Simon: I always liked retro games, so seeing another one that sits on the same level as Megaman (Captain N meme here) get in was great. I even moreso look forward to the stage, it looks like a treat.

Richter: I didn't even know who he was beyond "Not Simon" but he's an echo, so I don't see why to worry.

Chrom: While I completely understand the disdain for Fire Emblem (especially here), I'm actually really excited to see Chrom, both as a type of "Closure" to Gematsu and the fact that I know a couple people who are super excited particularly about him being playable. He really showed me how great an idea the echo system is.

Dark Samus: See above sans the FE representation part.

King K. Rool: K. Rool to me mean more than the Kremling King, which in and of itself (Alongside another giant villainous reptile) sealed the deal as Ultimate being the definitive Smash title in my eyes, but the confirmation that the ballot at least somewhat demonstrated the demand for characters by the community was being listened to. This is when I got really excited.

Isabelle: Yeah, there could have been more, but I'm just happy she isn't an echo, potential secondary for Squad Strike. I still think Isaac was gonna be shown here too but was delayed due to the Earthquake (assuming he is in fact in the base).

Banjo & Kazooie: Out of everyone being discussed on the leak, they are my second most wanted and Third most wanted overall. I am over the moon for their inclusion.

Isaac & Geno: I've like both designs, and heard both names for years. I never did play Golden Sun and only Played SMRPG after the Mii costume of the latter came out, but like Ridley and K. Rool, I'm psyched just off of the hype of their supporters that I have been talking to ever since pre Brawl days.

Chorus Kids: My second most wanted all around and my number one from the banner leak! (First is Wonder Red, for those curious) Rhythm Heaven has been one of my favorite series ever since I played Fever. It was disappointing to get so into the idea of them during 4 with Gematsu leaking them, only for them to be completely missing. It also didn't feel good to find out about the evidence of them just being cut. Either way, I was happy with 4's roster, but I'm still glad to have them here should they get it. I'm trying to hype responsibly.

Mach Rider: I like retro games, and I'm curious how the gun and the bike will work. May give him a try if I like the moveset.

Ken: Even before everyone and their dog leaked him it just made too much sense for me.

Shadow: Shadow was another character I 100% called from E3; between the concept of echoes and his suspicious absence as AT/the knew Knuckles AT it always struck me as obvious.

R8, H8, Appreci8 as you like Banjo-Roos.

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
Inkling: 9/10 (splatoon is amazing, gonna be my new Secondary)
Daisy: 5/10 (ok)
Ridley: 7/10 (I meme'd the f**k out of him in high school, can't believe he's playable)
Chrom: 2/10 (Obligatory "f**k" Fire Emblem comment here)
Dark samus: 5/10 (Not gonna lie, I like Xenophilia so the Porn influx is amazing)
Simon/Richter: 7/10 (Not bad)
KingK: 8/10 (DK64 was one of my first ever Video games)
Isabelle: 5/10 (New Leaf was the worst in the series- not counting HHD or Amiibo Festival)

Shadow: 2/10 (Outside of Sonic Adventure 2, I hate him)
Issac: ?/10 (Never had any connection to him, so not sure, can't rate)
Mach Rider: 6/10 (never played Mach rider, but decent pick)
ChorusKids: 5/10 (Ehhhh)
Geno: 7/10 (He seems like a decent choice, not too bad)

Banjo: 1000000/10 ( OH BABY COME HOME I MISS YOU SO MUCH )

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Inklings: Come on, Who didn't see them coming? I never played Splatoon, But I do like that Nintendo finally has a multiplayer shooter, The only thing holding it back for me is that I'm not really a fan of the character designs.

Daisy: I'm cool with her getting in as an echo, But I don't play as a Peach so it doesn't effect me, But I am a big fan of the Mario franchise.

Ridley: Very exciting, He was probably #4 or #5 on my most wanted list and I'm a fan of Metroid too, So great to see him finally join Smash.

Belmonts: Castlevania isn't my cup of tea so their inclusion didn't really do anything for me and if anything I think Bomberman should have gotten in over them.

Dark Samus: Cool to see her in, But I'm not much of a Samus player, But I am a fan of Metroid though.

Chrom: Not a fan of Fire Emblem and getting tired of the anime swordsman trope, Plus it's getting annoying that they keep getting more fighters over more iconic franchises such as Donkey Kong, But at least it's just an echo.

King K. Rool: This is the BIG one for me so far as K. Rool was my 2nd Most Wanted Newcomer and I am a big fan of the Donkey Kong franchise and Rareware, At the end of when the screen was shaking, I was like their is only 1 major newcomer left big enough to make the screen shake like that, then I noticed the pattern of "Heroes vs Villians" I was like DK and a certain Croc is missing and then the second DK was yawning, I started to breath heavier and was thinking "No way" and when they showed his montage in the trailer with the "Gang Plank Galleon Theme" I had a big grin on my face and was so pumped too for the rest of the week and saw the trailer so many times, Not only did he finally made Smash Bros, He has now returned after a long hiatus to reclaim his spot as Donkey Kong's main antagonist for future games too. (Decade since last appearence and nearly 20 years since his last major appearance as the main antagonist)

Isabelle: Animal Crossing isn't really my cup of tea, But I will say that she looks adorable and fun to play as.

Potential Newcomers

Shadow: I never got the appeal of him, It always annoyed me how he is the definition of trying to be too cool or edgy to the point that it's cringy, Sometimes I'm ok with the Sonic franchise ,But other times their cast comes off as cheesy and cringy, But I would have preferred to see Tails instead.

Isaac: While I'm sure he brings more to the table, I was never a fan of the anime swordaman trope that is so overused, Never played or had interest in the series and the only RPG I only really played and had interest in was Pokemon.

Geno: I never got the mass appeal for his inclusion for Smash as he was just a one time side character in a Mario game, I never liked his design either, he looks like a cross between Pinocchio and a Scarecrow.

Chorus Kids: Never played Rhythm Heaven, But it looks kind of fun and character designs look pretty funny.

Ken: I'm fine with him being an echo of Ryu, But that's pretty much it, I can take or leave him.

Mach Rider: I have heard of the game before and kind of had an idea what it's about, But it should be an interesting addition to the cast and have always found Retro/NES reps interesting to play.

Banjo-Kazooie: The only one that can top King K. Rool's reveal and My #1 most wanted newcomer in all of Super Smash Bros history, What hasn't been disccused about them already here to death?

- I honestly believe they are the last big "Nintendo" character/franchise left that needs to be represented.

- They have strong Nintendo legacy as an Ex 2nd Party character during the N64 era and were pushed into the spotlight with elite company such as Mario, DK and Pikachu.

- They have the deepest movest pool from any potential newcomer and their moveset was practically built for Smash.

- They have that "Nintendo look" that will help them blend in right with the rest of the cast.

Judging by the leak, They look to be the grand finale of a reveal before launch and would be the Ultimate surprise since no one thought they would have been possible since they are technically 1st Party Microsoft Xbox Characters now, But seeing them return on a Nintendo console after all these years on the biggest stage of them all that is Super Smash Bros Ultimate will be the Ultimate jawdropper and cherry on top.

Top Bottom