• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Astroworld

Smash Apprentice
Guess i’ll join the party

Inkling: I love Splatoon and they were a shoe in obviously

Ridley: I love Metroid and it was dead for nearly a decade so seeing Prime 4 get announced and Ridley make it into Smash was so exciting

Daisy: I prefer Peach but i’m fine with Daisy. I’ll use her occasionally i’m sure

Simon: Perfect third party rep. Strong ties to Nintendo and amazing moveset potential

Richter: I’m surprised how many people here didn’t know who he was. Rondo of Blood and Symphony of the Night are arguably the best games in the series. Don’t think Simon really needed an echo but i’m totally fine with both

Chrom: I like Fire Emblem but yeah this was unnecessary.

Dark Samus: Even more Metroid representation. Her animations are phenomenal and it’s a great way to promote Prime 4

King K Rool: I’ve missed this guy and the Kremlings as a whole for a decade. No idea why they abandoned them but I was so happy seeing him return

Isabelle: I love her. She’s adorable. I like Villager’s moveset but dislike his weird and creepy design. I always wished one of the animals made it into Smash instead and now I got my wish

Potential Leaks:

Ken: No brainer as an echo. I love Street Fighter and seeing as Ken is pretty much the original clone it’s cool to see him make it

Shadow: I’m just gonna say it, outside of the original 2D games, I hate Sonic. His character and the games themselves. Shadow though is so cringey and edgy that I actually kinda like him ironically. If there had to be another Sonic rep i’d take Shadow over anyone else (especially Tails)

Chorus Kids: Never played Rhythm Heaven. I’m not sure about them but if you asked me beforehand if I wanted Mr Game & Watch in Smash i’d say hell no but he’s one of my favorites so i’ll wait and see

Mach Rider: Dont know much about him other than he’s another character like Chorus Kids that was considered but didn’t make it in previously so it’s cool to see him get his chance finally

Geno: I like Geno but never saw the obsession with him. He wasn’t that important and Super Mario RPG is actually one of the weaker Mario RPGs imo. Id prefer other RPG characters like Goombella or Fawful over him but he’s still cool so whatever

Isaac: Never played Golden Sun and i’m not super interested based on Isaac’s design. He looks like any other RPG protagonist imo. He’s probably my least wanted of all the characters listed here. Still, he has his fans and they got him so that’s fine with me

Banjo & Kazooie: Been my most wanted since forever. Grew up with them and consider the original two games to be probably the best 3D platformers ever made. Just the possibility that this leak is real and they finally made it brings a smile to my face

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Has anyone noticed in the leak that not only do Banjo & Kazooie look like they’re getting attacked by Snake (mentioned as possibly being a reference to the Legendary Brown Bear mission in MGSV) but they’re almost right below Bayonetta, a freaking witch?!

D

Deleted member

Another Great detail on the banner If you look at the chorus kids+conductor they look like the cover of the original rythem heaven
83EED1F8-6499-490B-8BD6-70D21FCBA66C.png
E5AB94CA-D2A6-4055-AA09-C16BEB799824.jpeg

Also besides the mgsv reference banjo is under :ultbayonetta:who is none other than a.......

Last edited by a moderator:

cybersai

Smash Ace
People also noticed Inkling and Mach Rider are looking at each other holding their guns. Inkling was looking up at Mach Rider all along. The placement of every newcomer is just too perfect.

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
Another Great detail on the banner If you look at the chorus kids+conductor they look like the cover of the original rythem heaven
View attachment 172793View attachment 172794
Also besides the mgsv reference banjo is under :ultbayonetta:who is none other than a.......
I've also seen someone point out how the Chorus Kids/Men are next to Red and his Pokemon. Red is giving orders and has his Pokemon under control, while the Conductor is trying to manage his group.

It seems like Ken and Shadow don't really have any kind of interaction or pairing in the mural. Maybe it's because they're Echoes and the unigue fighters are more likely to have more noticeable interactions or placements with others? I'm probably reaching with this tbh.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
I don't get all the hate for Steve. personally didn't want him here (he doesn't really deserve it in my opinion) but, people here are kind of going a bit too far here. Making him seem like he is some kind of villain? If anything Banjo, Kazooie and Steve would likely be friends as they are all Xbox characters with Master Chief.

I can even imagine Banjo & Kazooie getting their letter:

B&K: Yahoo!

Master Chief: What's with all the fuss?

Banjo: We got invited to Smash Brothers!

Master Chief: Oh really?

Kazooie: Let's get going!

Master Chief: How do you plan on getting there?

Banjo: We are going to fly there!

Master Chief: I don't think so....

B&K: Awwww.... (look down disappointed)

Master Chief: Get in.

B&K: Huh??

Master Chief: I'll drive. You'll want to save your energy.

B&K: YAHOO!!!

JonSmash

Smash Ace
the steve hate is just a meme B/C we went about a month of people saying steve is in hes more relevent/popular makes more sense banjo will probable be DLC to the point of of making people wana puke ! & anytime you wanted to disscus banjo was met with LOL NAH STEVE BRUH B/C they where sheep dumb enuff to beleve verge *Cough cough* GAMEXPLAIN ! (who still refuse to even talk about the leak )

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I don't hate Steve and if Sakurai does include him one day as DLC or whatever cool but there was no Microsoft character more deserving of being in Smash then Banjo and I'm glad he's the one everyone is talking about again.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hey can you tell me what this is? I don’t know what it means because I’m a little dumb:/
5A7CAF5D-6961-48E2-A882-79734D118E18.jpeg

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
I don't believe it.

As far as Incineroar goes.... I hope not. I don't like it. I'd rather have Decidueye. Then again, I'd rather have Sceptile but we are talking 7th Gen. so, I'd rather not have Incineroar.

GravelerChamp60

Smash Apprentice
Inc
I don't believe it.

As far as Incineroar goes.... I hope not. I don't like it. I'd rather have Decidueye. Then again, I'd rather have Sceptile but we are talking 7th Gen. so, I'd rather not have Incineroar.
Honestly I don't see the point of adding Incineroar at this point. With Let's go Pikachu/Eevee coming out Generation 7 will become irrelevant for a while and the spotlight goes back to Generation 1 where Pika, Jiggly, Mewtwo and especially Pokémon Trainer fill in the relevancy card perfectly.

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
Since it's not ALL we're getting I'm entirely neutral on Inceroar. I still would rather Golisopod or Buzzwole, but that's not happening.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
All this talk of Incineroar vs Decidueye, Give me neither, I don't hate them, I just don't like their character designs.

I would love Togedemaru as the Gen 7 Rep or Alolan Sandslash. They are my Gen 7 favorites.

(Yes, I know Togedemaru is a Poke Ball assist)

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
S Tier
King K. Rool
Banjo-Kazooie

A Tier
Ridley

B Tier
Richter Belmont
Simon Belmont
Isaac
Geno
Shadow

C Tier
Inkling
Ken
Dark Samus
Mach Rider

D Tier
Chrom
Isabelle
Chorus Kids
Daisy

Willing to bump up Chorus Kids to C Tier if their moveset is interesting enough.

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I'm gonna go ahead and call garbage. As much as I want it to be true I don't see Banjo Threeie being announced anytime soon.

Last edited:

Coofle DeDoofle

Smash Apprentice
I think it's much more likely that Microsoft would let Banjo into Smash just to bring him back into the minds of the general public. After that, THEN they'll start making Banjo-Threeie.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
If Banjo-Threeie does get announced I'd rather it be announced as a launch title for the next Xbox instead of the current platform that's on it's way out in the next year or 2, I expect the next Xbox to come out in 2020.

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
If Banjo-Threeie does get announced I'd rather it be announced as a launch title for the next Xbox instead of the current platform that's on it's way out in the next year or 2, I expect the next Xbox to come out in 2020.
That'd save me money on a system that's on its way out from a company I've never had a reason to buy from.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
I'll throw my hat in the ring for thoughts on the newcomers (on the assumption that Grinch leak is real)

:ultinkling: - No experience with Splatoon, but they were the most deserving character in a new Smash game for sure. They look fun to play, too.
:ultdaisy: - Would have preferred Waluigi of course, but Daisy is a cool character. Being an Echo Fighter of Peach makes perfect sense, and completes the Mario princess trio.
:ultridley: - Was stoked when he got in, 2nd-most-hype of the currently confirmed. Rooted for him in 4 but wrote him off for Ultimate after everything that happened with Pyrosphere. He looks incredibly fun and they handled his size well.
:ultsimon: - No experience with Castlevania, but warmed up to him.
:ultrichter: - Didn't know who he was when he got revealed. Unlike most people I don't strongly prefer him over Simon, the two are about equal in my eyes.
:ultchrom: - Hype; loved Awakening despite its flaws, and while I wouldn't say it deserves 3/7 of FE's reps Chrom was a popular pick that made sense. Like that he's not a full Echo either with Ike's recovery.
:ultdarksamus: - No experience with Metroid but was always a cool character I wanted but didn't think would happen. Ironically I thought Sylux would get in as a Metroid rep, completely writing off Ridley and Dark Samus but here we are.
:ultkrool: - In most ways he was my most-wanted character. The only unique character not to be leaked, whether Grinch is true or not, and I'm thankful for it. He is everything I wanted him to be, and he's back after 10 years. Even if Grinch leak is revealed to be a massive hoax we still got this big boi to fall back on.
:ultisabelle: - Neutral. Her reveal was underwhelming but that was more the trailer (and the context behind it) than her herself. She looks fun, loving the fanart for her.
Ken - He's as close to guaranteed as you can get. No experience with Street Fighter but he seems like he'd complement Ryu well.
Shadow - Sonic Adventure 2 was one of my favorite games growing up. Shadow as an echo would be a hype addition, just give him Mewtwo teleport recovery and we're golden.
Chorus Kids - Zero experience with Rhythm Heaven, but would be cool for them to get in as it would "complete" Gematsu (including Chrom) albeit a game late. No idea how they would play, and would be interesting to see.
Mach Rider - If we were to get a retro rep, it was always Excitebiker or Mach Rider in my eyes. I know next to nothing about Mach Rider but think the potential for a motorcyle-riding character would be good. Could also be cool if they go the TF2 Pyro route of never revealing their gender.
Isaac - No experience with Golden Sun, but despite that is my third-wanted character thanks to his fanbase. Even if Grinch is fake he's still got a good shot as I'm betting that item is Growth. This one's for you Billybo10k.
Geno - Similar situation to Isaac, though I do have experience with SMRPG, butadmittedly not much. Moveset potential is great, and he feels like he belongs there alongside Ridley and K. Rool given their shared history as a trio in Smash speculation.
Banjo-Kazooie - I always told myself K. Rool was my most-wanted by far, and that's still partially true. But seeing the Grinch leak has made me realize just how much I want the bear and bird. If there were any character reveal that could make me shed tears, this would be the one. Either they get in Smash (base or DLC), or they continue to be neglected by Microsoft forever. Hoping for the former, Grinch or no Grinch, to see the duo reunited with the rest of Nintendo's cast. Would quite literally be a dream come true.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Inc

Honestly I don't see the point of adding Incineroar at this point. With Let's go Pikachu/Eevee coming out Generation 7 will become irrelevant for a while and the spotlight goes back to Generation 1 where Pika, Jiggly, Mewtwo and especially Pokémon Trainer fill in the relevancy card perfectly.
Incineroar will still be relevant to the anime even in 2019. (even moreso if he gets a new form like Ash Greninja)

It's also possible he was a low priority addition. I mean if some people are willing to believe he's not in at all (because of the banner leak) why would him being low priority be hard to believe?

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Can I just say how unbelievable it is that Banjo might be in smash. Completely and utterly unbelievable. And yet here we are, I'm convinced of the leak, but I'm getting there 60/40 right now. It's just hard to grasp. I thought 103 was the final stage count, I didn't expect any more franchises. I thought they were impossible.

But wow, this is just insane. There's one character in the leak I despise but Banjo more than makes up for it. Banjo Tooie was a childhood game of mine. I need to replay them I think.

Of course for a reveal trailer, I want something simple

Smash cross starts the trailer, as usual. It opens to an empty battlefield.

And then a bear paw appears and knocks on the screen "Guh-huh?"

After a little dance "Banjo & Kazooie tag lines into battle"

Gameplay

End it with classic jigsaw screen transition

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Every day that goes by and the grinch leak is not debunked nor someone comes forward, the leak seems more real.

Happy 4,900 posts Banjo-Roos!

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
It would be nice if the leak is real if Banjo-Threeie was on the Nintendo Switch as well as an Xbox console. I could see then sharing custody with Nintendo on it like they did with Minecraft.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
S Tier
King K. Rool
Banjo-Kazooie

A Tier
Ridley

B Tier
Richter Belmont
Simon Belmont
Isaac
Geno
Shadow

C Tier
Inkling
Ken
Dark Samus
Mach Rider

D Tier
Chrom
Isabelle
Chorus Kids
Daisy

Willing to bump up Chorus Kids to C Tier if their moveset is interesting enough.
Decided to just rank them for now in order of most excited to least excited.

1. Isaac
2. Banjo & Kazooie
3. King K. Rool
4. Ridley
5. Geno
6. Inkling
7. Chorus Kids
8. Mach Rider
9. Richter Belmont
10. Isabelle
11. Simon Belmont
12. Dark Samus
13. Daisy
14. Chrom
15. Shadow
16. Ken

TheZoologist

Smash Ace

1. Isaac
2. Banjo & Kazooie
3. King K. Rool
4. Ridley
5. Geno
6. Inkling
7. Chorus Kids
8. Mach Rider
9. Richter Belmont
10. Isabelle
11. Simon Belmont
12. Dark Samus
13. Daisy
14. Chrom
15. Shadow
16. Ken
I’ll have a go at that myself:

1. Banjo & Kazooie (Literally the only characters I've ever wanted truly in Super Smash Bros.)
  2. Simon Belmont
  3. Ridley
  4. King K. Rool
  5. Issac
  6. Geno
  7. Inkling
  8. Mach Rider
  9. Chorus Kids
  10. Isabelle
  11. Daisy
  12. Dark Samus
  13. Richter Belmont
  14. Shadow
  15. Ken
  16. Chrom

puremrz

Smash Apprentice
Good idea. Luckily I can just paste it as I already made this list while waiting for the next direct. (next direct wen?)
I listed them by true newcomers and echoes+clones because copied movesets can't really compete with truly original characters.

Favorite true newcomers:
1. Banjo Kazooie
2. K. Rool
3. Ridley
3. Simon
4. Isaac
5. Inkling
6. Geno
7. Mach Rider
8. Chorus Kids

Favorite echoes/clones:
1. Dark Samus
2. Richter
3. Isabelle
4. Shadow
5. Ken
6. Daisy
7. Chrom

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
It would be nice if the leak is real if Banjo-Threeie was on the Nintendo Switch as well as an Xbox console. I could see then sharing custody with Nintendo on it like they did with Minecraft.
That's definitely the best case scenario, Microsoft allowing the Banjo-Kazooie IP on Nintendo consoles just like back in the GBA era, Grant it Microsoft allowed it back then because they didn't have a portable console themselves, But seeing how they and Nintendo haven't been seeing themselves as "competitors" hopefully they can work out a partnership again for the franchise.

If the leak is in fact true hopefully it's a sign for big things to come for Banjo-Kazooie, Nintendo and Microsoft.

Last edited:

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Hey can you tell me what this is? I don’t know what it means because I’m a little dumb:/
View attachment 172844
1) We'll get Banjo Threeie when bears actually fly

2) What new Mach Rider song leak?

As for Incineroar , it always did annoy that suddenly eveyrone became "fans" of the character because some leaker said that it was in. Same with Skull Kid. And I'm gonna be irked when the eventual "I totally wanted Banjo since the beginning" fans start heading here.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I'll do the rank thing

Most exciting unique
1. Ridley
2. Banjo
3. King K Rool
4. Simon
5. Inkling
6. Isabelle
7. Isaac
8. Chorus Kids
9. Mach Rider
10. Geno

Echoes
1. Dark Samus
2. Daisy
3. Shadow
4. Chrom
5. Ken
6. Richter

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
My hype list from Most to Least:

Unique Fighters
1. Banjo-Kazooie
2. Mach Rider
3. Isabelle
4. King K Rool
5. Ridley
6. Simon
7. Geno
8. Chorus Kids
9. Isaac
10. Inkling

Echoes
1. Richter
2. Ken
3. Shadow
4. Dark Samus
5. Chrom
6. Daisy

Last edited:

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
I'll try too:

1. K. Rool: well duh!
2. Banjo-Kazooie: for the good old days!
3. Ridley: also overdue.
4. Isaac: I feel Golden Sun has so much wasted potential.
5. Dark Samus: cool.
6. Chorus Kids: interesting moveset hopefully.
7. Mach Rider: same.
8. Geno: not really a fan, but eh he looks nice.
9. Daisy: sure why not!
10. Inkling: Splatoon is not my thing, but deserving enough.
11. Isabelle: I love AC, but I could have been as good with her as an AT again.
12. Simon/Richter: Not intro Castlevania but again, deserving choices, specially Simon.
13. Shadow: If only to have a rival for Sonic.
14. Ken: totally neutral.
15. Chrom: meh. Enough Awakening already, there are far superior choices from other games.

Top Bottom