• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

puremrz

Smash Apprentice
Gooooooood afternoon banjo bros what’s everyone playing right now?
Finishing up Golden Sun: The Lost Age.
I recently played through Banjo Kazooie again too, and now I'm on my second playthrough at Gobi's Valley.
I guess I have some sort of character summoning powers. Which game should I play next?

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
I'll probably try to get through as many Castlevania games as possible before my Thanksgiving break, hopefully at least to Rondo of Blood to see Richter in action, then I'll bring my N64 back up to college with me to cram in Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie before Smash comes out. I'm still a Kremling Kutthroat above all though, so I'll have to fit a DK game in their somewhere too, maybe finally finishing DK64 on my Wii U to continue the collectathons.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Been going back and forth between Marvel's Spider-Man for PS4, Undertale on the Switch, and replaying both Super Smash Bros. Melee and the Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction on my newly-gotten Gamecube!

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
nothing much really, Theres alot of games that I still need to finish but I've just been wasting my days away on Dota 2.

If banjo gets revealed before Ultimate Drops I'll replay through the entirety of Kazooie and Tooie on my 64.

Coofle DeDoofle

Smash Apprentice
Unless the Grinch leak turns out to be fake, which is looking less likely each day, this will forever be my mood:
grinchleak.gif

(I had to REALLY compress this to make it web-friendly)

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Amazing to think that we went from "Not gonna happen" to "If Steve from Minecraft is getting in. I hope they get Banjo too" and now "Its very close to happening".
Im not entirely on the Team Real just yet. Mostly because its better to keep hopes in check and blurry pictures are always a recipe for fake leaks (except when they aren't lol). But I guess I'll see you guys again when we are at "It happened".

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
nothing much really, Theres alot of games that I still need to finish but I've just been wasting my days away on Dota 2.

If banjo gets revealed before Ultimate Drops I'll replay through the entirety of Kazooie and Tooie on my 64.
That's a good idea. I'm probably going to do that myself ^^

Justin Little

Smash Ace
I really want Banjo codecs, guys. Having Kazooie bad mouthing the characters, Gruntillda rhyming about how much better of a witch she is compared to Bayonetta, etc. I fear without the British wit it might not be the same, but Sakurai and team did a pretty good job with Snake's codecs so who knows.

Talazar

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Talazar_Dashie
3DS FC
1461-6194-5821
I think its the View the Fighters box causing some sort of technical distortion. I just checked on the site myself and there's no cropping on Little Mac or Olimar. Good look, though!
Apparently it was a mistake only after the direct and was fixed pretty quickly. Just seems like a pretty huge coincidence that it is that spot specifically that long ago.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Apparently it was a mistake only after the direct and was fixed pretty quickly. Just seems like a pretty huge coincidence that it is that spot specifically that long ago.

I stand corrected then! So you're saying that spot, supposedly intended for Issac, had a cropping mistake at one point. Hmmmm, the plot, as usual with this leak, continues to thicken....

Talazar

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Talazar_Dashie
3DS FC
1461-6194-5821

I stand corrected then! So you're saying that spot, supposedly intended for Issac, had a cropping mistake at one point. Hmmmm, the plot, as usual with this leak, continues to thicken....
Maybe this image will help you realize what happened:
Someone in the issac thread even lined it up. This is getting really crazy

Edit: Also i think I can see a hint grass on little mac's boots.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
How would you feel if that Banjo gets in, his Assist Trophy wouldn’t necessarily be from his series, but rather, another series from Rare?

Like say, Conker for example.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Just noticed that Source Gaming skipped their weekly smash round up. Embargo?

How would you feel if that Banjo gets in, his Assist Trophy wouldn’t necessarily be from his series, but rather, another series from Rare?

I would rather have Mumbo Jumbo transform other fighters into random fighters for twenty seconds, but as long as Grunty makes it in, I’d be okay.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I would rather have Mumbo Jumbo transform other fighters into random fighters for twenty seconds, but as long as Grunty makes it in, I’d be okay.
Grunty definitely should be their stage boss. I’d love to hear her trash talking fighters on Spiral Mountain.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Oh, Mumbo would be great too (he’s my favorite Banjo character). Just thought it would be nice to represent another part of Rare’s history with Nintendo with an Assist Trophy, even if it meant the Banjo series itself doesn’t necessarily get it’s own Assist Trophy.

Who knows, maybe they could have both?

Justin Little

Smash Ace

I would love it. I actually think it would be neat if they brought other RARE properties as assists or even just a simple trophy. Maybe they can bring back the cloaking device from Perfect Dark.

timrtabor123

Smash Rookie

Can anyone find this render? This is from the alt costume leak and has nothing to do with grinch leak.
EDIT:Dude just posted a garbage Issac icon so its probably fake.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Man, fake leakers really need to step up their game in a post-Grinch world.

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
I've been switching between Castlevania: Rondo of Blood, Super Mario RPG and Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge. I'm having a blast so far, and Rondo of Blood's music is pretty damn great.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
You know what else gets me about the leaked banner? As someone who works on character designs as a hobby, I gotta say, everyone on the banner looks proportionately accurate in terms of their size and position to everyone else around them. It just seems too professional to be a fake to me. I know there are people out there who can do it, but with all the other circumstances surrounding this particular leak, it just seems too real. I really hope we get an announcement for a full blown Smash direct and soon.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Just beat Banjo-Kazooie last night, got through all of Click Clock Wood and few more Jiggy's in the lair, Furnace Fun and beat Grunty at the end in about 3 hours.

Planning on starting Banjo-Tooie on N64 tomorrow and gonna juggle that with Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze on Switch which I plan to start on Friday and plan to beat both by 11/16 so I can pick up Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu which I will juggle with Ultimate througout the Holiday season.

Last edited:

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
I personally Want both Banjo and Mumbo to be playable but in a world where Banjo hasn't been on a Nintendo console since 2005, well, you can't be picky right?

If Mumbo is an Assist trophy it'd be hilarious for him to turn fighters into random Objects like the Pumpkin, Washing machine, etc, for a few seconds as they are rendered helpless.

But if Mumbo was ever to be a Fighter I'd want his Final smash to be the Golden Goliath from Mayhem Temple, having it smash and kick around the stage and whatnot.

Oh man, I hope theres a moment between Gruntilda and Bayonetta, that'll be awesome.

Top Bottom