• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

D

Deleted member

Inceniroar is leak bait while banjo was hidden under sakurai’s shadow

Takasmash

Smash Ace
I hope Microsoft brings Banjo on the switch because I do want to play more Banjo and I like Banjo more than Mario 64.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Let me chime in with my list of new comers I am most hyped for.

1. Geno - I've been wanting him for over 12 years for Smash Bros and have been waiting 23 years to see him come back from the clutches of Square Enix's terrible consumer friendly practices. (I would like to have a word with you about Fortune Street and Sports Mix....) He would for sure have a bigger presence if he wasn't put through licensing hell. Now the legacy he and Super Mario RPG carries for us die hard Mario fans can live in immortality. Well deserved and honestly is going to bring some kind of emotion out of me. This is what Super Smash Bros is all about!

2. Banjo - Objectively, he is probably the biggest deal on the list. No 3rd party probably deserves to be in Super Smash Bros more than Banjo and as someone who has been wanting Geno for over a decade, even I can admit that. I consider him a 64 God. Playing through A Hat in Time right now wanting more of these Banjo-esque games. Glad to see him return and so thrilled for you guys! (On that note...the next goal is getting Hat Kid in Indie Pogo or Slap City)

3. Simon Belmont - Getting the Mega Man treatment, this guy looks phenomenal. On a smaller note, the Captain N trio is together and that to me is pretty funny.

4. King K.Rool - Another classic that deserves getting in with flying colors. Love seeing this big guy back.

5. Mach Rider - Glad to see Sakurai was able to bring this concept to life after originally cutting him/her(?) Also more gun characters are sick.

6. Chorus Kids - I wanted Karate Joe more but these guys are in the same boat as Mach Rider. Rhythm Heaven also deserves this kind of representation.

7. Isabelle - Kind of saw this one coming as well. I wouldn't doubt she was top 5 in the overall Ballot world wide. She's cute af and I think she already looks more fun than Villager. (Mainly for party popper F-Smash)

8. Isaac - I have to be honest. I never played Golden Sun but I have to apologize to every Golden Sun fan for assuming they grasp at straws like crazy. (Especially over the Earthquake) They might have been right all along. I thought they were completely MIA during the ballot vote. But they deserve it. As a long time Geno fan, I understand what you guys have been through. Congratulations on making it!

9. Ridley - Never the biggest Metroid fan. While I think it is great he made it in, I kind of don't see if he is one to be properly represented with just how his size is overall. Maybe he could afford to be a little bit bigger since I am struggling to see him being really at true size. (I think Dedede, K.Rool and even Charizard might be larger than him)

10, Inkling - Nothing against the character. They are really exciting. But everyone saw them coming and their announcement was more so overshadowed by the fact we had a new Smash game announced.

Overall, the New Comers are some of the best, maybe the best group of all time. It isn't some kind of marketing or flavor of the month pick like you saw in Smash 4 with picks like Corrin. These are characters that we all have been asking for as well as some fresh and then some. I've been an avid fan of this. This might be as good as the Brawl newcomers list.

DLC is going to be crazy! Now that Geno is rightfully selected to be in Super Smash Bros, I am already looking forward to sending all my support for Rayman next. (Shameful plug I know, but I am so excited! Can you blame me???)

And one final note, I am most definitely going to have to see The Grinch in theaters now since he saved me about a month of nerves and worry over Geno. It is the least I can do.

Bring on the next Smash Direct and can't wait to share moments in this amazing game with you all!

squirtgar

Smash Apprentice
well If lucas is today's blog post yet another thing on top of the team real pile. I mean, he can be kinda iffy, but laxchris made a video about guess what? a leak!?!? yup.
But it used lucas as potential evidence so lets keep our eyes peeled. It gave good stuff (info) on what is going on if it is true.

Last edited:

JonSmash

Smash Ace
GRANT just tweeted "Ok, concerning the Smash Roster ..... I can confirm ....."

what dose that mean ?

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
Rejoice, Banjo-roos, everything is under control.

EDIT: Oh it was already posted. Oh well, it doesn't hurt!

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So I just finished replaying Banjo-Tooie again which, was a great experience as always. so I'm all ready for Ultimate.

Last edited:

shellshocker18

Smash Apprentice
Grant also typed "I’m as in the dark as everyone else ... I have no insights whatsoever ... no connections .... nothing".

Why so many ellipses then? Grant is just being a cruel ******* if Banjo turns out to not be in Smash.

He afterwards typed a bunch of jokey statements like saying for all he knows Canary Mary is in. Possibly he is backpeddling to make it clear he isn't just trying to subtly reveal something he heard talking to the people he knows from Rare who break their NDAs to close buddies to screw with fans. Or he is drunk

Last edited:

puremrz

Smash Apprentice
Grant also typed "I’m as in the dark as everyone else ... I have no insights whatsoever ... no connections .... nothing".

Why so many ellipses then? Grant is just being a cruel ******* if Banjo turns out to not be in Smash.

He afterwards typed a bunch of jokey statements like saying for all he knows Canary Mary is in. Possibly he is backpeddling to make it clear he isn't just trying to subtly reveal something he heard talking to the people he knows from Rare who break their NDAs to close buddies to screw with fans. Or he is drunk
Imagine a Canary Mary assist trophy where the person who is the slowest to tap the button gets KO'd.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord

I think he's just trying to have fun with everyone since everyone is on high alert right now about Banjo-Kazooie in Smash, But at the same time it must get annoying to constantly have fans asking and bothering him about Smash or Banjo-Threeie, When people should know by now he's hasn't worked at Rare for already decade.

If Banjo-Kazooie makes it in Smash, I doubt Kirkhope was involved for music since Sakurai has his own orchestra team for that, just like how Gregg and Steve Mayles with King K.Rool were unaware of his inclusion and as for Threeie even if he was brought back to score it, He's obviously not going to just blurt it out on social media and break an NDA that would just be stupid.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I don't think Grant would be able to talk so freely about this if he had signed an NDA.

It's one thing to give out short curt responses, this is something completely different.

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
I hope Microsoft brings Banjo on the switch because I do want to play more Banjo and I like Banjo more than Mario 64.
Agreed, even after all these years it just feels wrong to not see the bear and bird on a nintendo console. Since Microsoft and Nintendo have been playing nice with each other lately it's a possibility that Banjo-Kazooie games can end up being released on both X-box and Switch, fingers crossed.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I'm about at about 70% real and 30% fake on "The Grinch Leak" ,But even if it turns out to be fake, Banjo-Kazooie being "Supposely" one of the leaked characters and the biggest reveal of the bunch can only be good for their chances and they are currently already highly requested (Top 3 overall) and (Most Requested 3rd Party Character) too.

So all this exposure of their inclusion elevates their already elite status and has put them on everyones radar so this can only mean good things for the duo and the franchise as a whole , But if for whatever reason they don't make the base roster, They seem like locks for DLC.

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I'm about at about 70% real and 30% fake on "The Grinch Leak" ,But even if it turns out to be fake, Banjo-Kazooie being "Supposely" one of the leaked characters and the biggest reveal of the bunch can only be good for their chances and they are currently already highly requested (Top 3 overall) and (Most Requested 3rd Party Character) too.

So all this exposure of their inclusion elevates their already elite status and has put them on everyones radar so this can only mean good things for the duo and the franchise as a whole , But if for whatever reason they don't make the base roster, They seem like locks for DLC.
If they make it into the base roster, that'll be the most insane wish-fulfilling scenario I could think of. The fact that no matter what copy of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate you get, no matter how far in the future you go, you will take comfort in knowing that you will be able to unlock Banjo & Kazooie in this game, without needing to purchase DLC.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
We really need this direct to happen either this week or the next. I don't know how much more of this uncertainty I can take ;_;

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
We really need this direct to happen either this week or the next. I don't know how much more of this uncertainty I can take ;_;
It's gotta be no later than next week, Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee come out 11/16 and not that it can't happen, But I doubt Nintendo would want to steal Pokemon's (Pun intended) "Thunder" since that and Ultimate is Nintendo's big 1-2 punch this holiday season.

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
One thing I will say, especially if this leak is true and our bear and bird are indeed returning to Nintendo for this game, is we need to thank Masahiro Sakurai and his team somehow for making dreams come true and even if Banjo & Kazooie don't make it into the base game (which I'm praying this leak is true and they do), we should find a way to thank them for all their hard work every single Smash they've worked on. Every last one strives to improve on the last and they never seem to get any thanks for it. We need to show them how much we appreciate their efforts to please as many people as possible, ESPECIALLY if Banjo & Kazooie, the only characters I personally have ever truly wanted, finally make it in this time around.

Machete

Smash Ace
I believe I never got to say anything over here. While I've never been a big fan of third parties in Smash, Banjo is certainly the one character I'll always look at as a Nintendo character, simply owned by a different company.

What is there to say? One(two) of the most deserving characters left, someone who should've been in Smash since Melee, and an impossible pipe dream that somehow looks probable now. I believe in the Grinch leak and I certainly believe Banjo is last reveal material, but even if the bear skips the base roster, I'll be hoping for them as dlc.

I might have never been much of a Banjo gal but I loved DK and we all should get some more of that Rare goodness in this game. Best of lucks, hope you'll see the duo confirmed soon!

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
One thing I will say, especially if this leak is true and our bear and bird are indeed returning to Nintendo for this game, is we need to thank Masahiro Sakurai and his team somehow for making dreams come true and even if Banjo & Kazooie don't make it into the base game (which I'm praying this leak is true and they do), we should find a way to thank them for all their hard work every single Smash they've worked on. Every last one strives to improve on the last and they never seem to get any thanks for it. We need to show them how much we appreciate their efforts to please as many people as possible, ESPECIALLY if Banjo & Kazooie, the only characters I personally have ever truly wanted, finally make it in this time around.
We can't forget about Phil Spencer either he's been on board since 2015, If Banjo-Kazooie does make the roster, We need to give a big shoutout and thank you to Phil too because he didn't have to go through all this trouble to get an old favorite character into a "Competitors" crossover fighting game on another console, But luckliy the guy is a fan of all gaming not just Xbox.

Any other CEO or higher up would have probably tried to keep Banjo-Kazooie exclusively to the Xbox brand and would never consider making a deal with Nintendo for Smash, But unlike that piece of s*** Don Matrick (Phil Spencer's Predecessor) The guy is a actually a true "Gamer" and understands the value of an IP and has a great respect for Rare's legacy and I'm willing to bet he knew it would be the right thing to do not just for the fans ,But also for the franchise as well.

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
We can't forget about Phil Spencer either he's been on board since 2015, If Banjo-Kazooie does make the roster, We need to give a big shoutout and thank you to Phil too because he didn't have to go through all this trouble to get an old favorite character into a "Competitors" crossover fighting game on another console, But luckliy the guy is a fan of all gaming not just Xbox.

Any other CEO or higher up would have probably tried to keep Banjo-Kazooie exclusively to the Xbox brand and would never consider making a deal with Nintendo for Smash, But unlike that piece of s*** Don Matrick (Phil Spencer's Predecessor) The guy is a actually a true "Gamer" and understands the value of an IP and has a great respect for Rare's legacy and I'm willing to bet he knew it would be the right thing to do not just for the fans ,But also for the franchise as well.
Very good point. I forgot to mention him as well. Sakurai and his team, Nintendo, and Phil Spencer and Microsoft deserve a huge debt of gratitude from us Banjo-Roos!

D

Deleted member

Mystic said that it was fake......IN HIS OWN OPINION NOT FOR REAL.he barley leaks anything Nintendo and he’s flip flopping so we’re good:)

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Mystic said that it was fake......IN HIS OWN OPINION NOT FOR REAL.he barley leaks anything Nintendo and he’s flip flopping so we’re good:)
There's so many of these insiders and leakers, I can barely tell who to trust and even who's who. Like I've said before, I'm fervently holding my breath til we get confirmation, hopefully by next week, as to whether or not this leak is legit and whether or not we'll be having a celebration or a funeral for our hopes and dreams.

TheMasterDS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheMasterDS
3DS FC
1977-0387-8995
There's so many of these insiders and leakers, I can barely tell who to trust and even who's who. Like I've said before, I'm fervently holding my breath til we get confirmation, hopefully by next week, as to whether or not this leak is legit and whether or not we'll be having a celebration or a funeral for our hopes and dreams.
Just trust in the Grinch. The leaker's identity and credentials are out there. The printing appears to be professional. The print shop in the captures appears legit, or is an extremely convincing set. The way in which this was leaked left a lot to chance, as it was possible it'd be missed entirely. The banner is full of the attention to detail and polish you'd expect from Nintendo's artists. There are elements to the design of the characters that are extremely clever, like the addition of the Conductor to the Chorus Kids, which are exactly the sort of clever things Sakurai would think of to get a character right. The background matches up most details using a blur, meaning the few changes in there had to be intentional, which a faker trying to toe the line wouldn't make. Finally a bit of green ended up on Mac's shoe briefly after the last direct, and this green lines up exactly with Isaac's grass on the banner.

Individually one could imagine managing any one of these things, but all of them at once? Doubtful. Simplest explanation, it's a true goof up of massive proportions and you can trust it.

Top Bottom