• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

If Bandana Dee is revealed on Monday, everyone will stop saying that Gematsu is all that is left, and also, we finally get a spear user! Yay!

candyissweet

Smash Apprentice
Bandana Dee would actually be really unique as a character. He could play the role of a more powerful ranged class. I wouldn't be too unhappy if he didn't make it in, but if he does, that would be pretty sweet.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I'm going to be honest, Shulk has a 80% chance to be revealed on Monday. Getmatsu or not.

If the Gematsu leak turns out to be true. I'm happy that post-launch DLC is confirmed. So Bandana Dee is still a possibility.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
I would rather get no Bandana Dee at all than to get dlc even if he was a dlc character. Unless the dlc is free, in which case, go wild!
I also just picked nightmare in dreamland back up for my fourth playthrough and the waddle dees are so cute. Something about being totally carefree and unaware of what's going on around you is so cute. (unless you are my cat, who is litterally retarted... It's wierd to have a cat hiss at you while it's rubbing it's head against your leg cheerfully...)

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
I made a post on Miiverse to commemorate the occasion for tomorrow. Or it could be for any other time.

Either way, I just want them to be announced together.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I would rather get no Bandana Dee at all than to get dlc even if he was a dlc character. Unless the dlc is free, in which case, go wild!
I also just picked nightmare in dreamland back up for my fourth playthrough and the waddle dees are so cute. Something about being totally carefree and unaware of what's going on around you is so cute. (unless you are my cat, who is litterally retarted... It's wierd to have a cat hiss at you while it's rubbing it's head against your leg cheerfully...)
I'm confident that they will use Amiibo. As in when you place a figure down, it has a 1 time code use that will be put into your Wii U when you scan it.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
So...guys, DLC characters are confirmed, but...the problem is that Bandana Dee is an important character for the Kirby franchise, so...it's obvious that he will have a trophy, do you think that the normal trophy would disconfirm Bandana Dee as a DLC character?
Well, obviously, characters like Ridley, K.Rool, Captain Toad or Mewtwo will have a trophy too.
What do you think about this?

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
So...guys, DLC characters are confirmed, but...the problem is that Bandana Dee is an important character for the Kirby franchise, so...it's obvious that he will have a trophy, do you think that the normal trophy would disconfirm Bandana Dee as a DLC character?
Well, obviously, characters like Ridley, K.Rool, Captain Toad or Mewtwo will have a trophy too.
I don't think it deconfirms it if the character has a trophy in the game, unless Sakurai specifically states that they won't be playable or an Assist Trophy. So Wonder Red has a slim chance since Sakurai never stated he wasn't playable, but might be a DLC character.

To be completely honest with you, I din’t know a better place to post this. This place seems like a nice, roomy place to visit for smash players, and I don’t want to go for blow and post this on GameFAQs or Neoseeker. Now, before you leave a nasty reply or something, read this throughly. I have some information on the Smash games.

This information comes from a past email I wrote to Nintendo of America. I asked about 4 characters, which were Ridley, King K. Rool, Mewtwo, and Palutena. I asked for whereabouts and if they were playable. My response was from Kevin Anderson, a fine gentleman. He said the natural: In that the final lineups are not available yet. However, he did say he will document these files and share them with other departments at Nintendo.

Earlier this week, I got an email. The man’s screen name was Ronolab. He said he also worked at Nintendo, and he was one of the people who received the files of my email. He said a few things about not only the 4 character’s being somewhere, but about the other characters said to appear on the roster.

Ridley: He, unfortunately, is the stage boss of Pyrosphere. His attacks will include striking the opponent with his tail, as well as the Plasma Breath ability. The entire body is a hotbox, unlike the Yellow Devil, but hitting him in the mouth when and after he uses the Plasma Breath will do a tad bit more damage.

King K. Rool: Ronolab stated King K. Rool as an Assist Trophy that could be unlocked by clearing Classic Mode, which was returning, with both Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong. King K. Rool’s attacks are similar to how Saki had many abilities, but the ones he knows of include the crown toss, and firing cannonballs from the blunderbuss.

Mewtwo: The man said he was a returning character, in that he is not only requested by a solidified amount in the Japanese, but like he did with Little Mac, to please the western audience. Mewtwo has a slightly revamped moveset. His attacks returning from Melee include the Shadow Ball and Shadow Claw, but Aura Sphere would appear as his side special, and function similar to Crash Bomber in Mega Man’s arsenal.

Returning Fighters: Ronolab did not leak too much information on Returning Characters. He did reveal Jigglypuff was returning, and that one of her customizable moves includes a wider hotbox for rest, but much, much less damage. Game & Watch was also returning, and that his design from the Pac-Man trailer would be the final design for him in game. Ronolab said this would making a slight bit harder to hit for such a light character to balance it out. The final thing he said was Snake was gone, but a trophy of him would remain in the game.

Newcomers: Here is the big one. Ronolab leaked a total of 7 newcomers, and a tad bit about each of them. The first newcomer was Chrom from Fire Emblem: Awakening. Chrom would have a completely different move set from the other 2 charactes in the game, and that the only 2 moves he would keep was the chargeable Neutral Special, and the counter. He backed this to some extent with a Side Special: Dual Strike, and that it would with,well, 2 hits, each doing similar amounts of percentage. The second was Shulk from Xenoblade Chronicles. He would move similar to Ike and Link, in a sort of medium-slow manner. His Monaldo would be able to unleash powerful sword and magic attacks as well. The 3rd was one I did not expect: Karate Joe from the Rhythm Heaven series. He was selected of all of the plausible candidates because he seemed like he would fit best, being a fighter. The attack he said would be his Neutral Special, was the bomb, and that it would act a lot like the Burst Grenade. The 4th was Takamaru. His inclusion would represent the east well and due to the fact the game was recently released via Virtual Console, but only to Europe. His attacks include swinging his sword for generic standard abilities, but he could also throw knives and use the Tanooki in some way. The 5th was Dark Pit. He revealed that his trailer would be some of a continuation of the Palutena trailer, which would involve him dueling with her and plausibly Pit. His attacks would not be a clone though. His Silver Bow is completely different from Pits other than the fact it shoots arrows of solidified energy, but travels slower and has KO ability. He would also use the weapons from his battles in Uprising, such as the Dark Pit staff and Ogre Club. The 6th was The Bandanna Wearing Waddle Dee, or Bandanna Dee, from the Kirby series. His attacks include the obvious Spear Copter and stabbing multiple times, and he would be a sort of Glass Cannon. The 7th and final one was a choice I could not take seriously. The Mach Rider, seemingly, would be getting a reboot on the Wii U, titled Mach Rider U, simply, and he would join the game because of it. He would have a strange mechanic, in that he would pull out the bike for some attacks, such as the lasers. Off bike he would be a fast character who would rack up damage.

Now, I know this leak is credible to some extent, but take it with a grain of salt. I hold no credibility, but Ronolab could be correct. Gematsu was though. But let’s wait
EDIT!

Some guy posted this on GameFAQs I guess. It is honestly 99% to be fake, but it mentioned Bandana Dee as being playable. *shrugs*

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I don't think it deconfirms it if the character has a trophy in the game, unless Sakurai specifically states that they won't be playable or an Assist Trophy. So Wonder Red has a slim chance since Sakurai never stated he wasn't playable, but might be a DLC character.

EDIT!

Some guy posted this on GameFAQs I guess. It is honestly 99% to be fake, but it mentioned Bandana Dee as being playable. *shrugs*
It is verly likely to be fake, saying Mewtwo is the only fanfavorite even though the others are all 9000% hype increasers, and the fact the Ridley thread proved Ridley is smaller than Bowser, but if we get the Dee, It may be worth it

LiamMail

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Liam5d26
Well... other then the fact he's already a projectile :/ waddle dee sounds actually kinda fun with that long range spear i bet he'd do wonders against IC plus if he uses a parasol that makes he's recovery very nice...

Oh and I'd rather see waddle dee then toad anyday xD

:phone:
guess wut, U WROONG king dede now ONLY THROWS GORDOES LAWL

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
mind telling me where this is confirmed? I look around online and i cant seem to find anything

D

Deleted member

So, what if Bandana Dee was an Assist Trophy? What would you guys think?(also, no need to flood my alerts by quoting this)

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
OHAI RAYMAN
WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE XD
This could be anyone's game right now.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
So, what if Bandana Dee was an Assist Trophy? What would you guys think?(also, no need to flood my alerts by quoting this)
I'd be alright with it. Afterall, we've seen Little Mac go from an Assist Trophy in Brawl to a full fledged character the next game, perhaps Bandana Dee could go the same route.

OHAI RAYMAN
WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE XD
This could be anyone's game right now.
I don't know much about ubisoft, but I've never heard anything but postive comments whenever Rayman has been talked about. He fits right in with Nintendo characters. I haven't played Rayman, but I did watch half a playthrough of one of the recent rayman games.
Seriously though, I never thought I'd see Rayman in smash, but Rayman has been leaning more towards Nintendo stuff lately. Perhaps someday he'll be playable in Smash. Gives us an awesome character, and shows that Ubisoft and Nintendo are friendly with each other, while also showing that Rayman is probably going to stay on Nintendo consoles from here on out. :bubblebobble:

But yeah, when I saw Rayman's trophy I was majorly confused. Is this another Snake thing where Sakurai knows a good friend in Ubisoft? Whatever the case is, I happily welcome Rayman.

LF2K

Floor Diver
It's almost time! If Rayman can testify, then Sakurai's got something up his sleeve!

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
So, we got
  • Awesome Character (Robin)
  • Marth Clone (Lucina)
  • Captain Freaking Falcon
And most importantly...
GEMATSU IS FAKE!
SHULK WASN'T REVEALED!
CHROM ISN'T PLAYABLE, HE'S A FINAL SMASH!
AND IT GOT DESTROYED BY CAPTAIN FALCON!
SAKURAI YOU DID IT.

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
WOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!! Take THAT Gematsu!!! IN YOUR FACE!!!!
It's anyone's game now boys and girls, so bring on Bandana Dee!!!
*Adjusts Sailor hat* Ahem, sorry lost my composure there, just so happy to see someone who wasn't a "gematsu" character, there's still hope, there's more hype than ever now :D

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Get pwned you stupid Gematsu leak!

Robin was my second favorite! Hopefully Sakurai gives me the Dee in August!

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Captain Falcon: I had my doubts when I heard they said they might cut some of the older vets. Though I guess I was foolish to think that they'd remove the awesomeness that is the Falcon Punch.

Lucina: From what I see so far, looks like an Alt Costume of Marth..... Maybe she'll have different properties if she really is a different character? She has his dolphin slash, counter, and dancing blade, and has quite a few of the same standard attacks like the u air, nair. Nice that she's in though I guess. I don't really follow Fire Emblem.

Robin: I've ever heard of this guy before. He looks like a cool character though. Hopefully we can keep the hood on, I'm a sucker for hooded characters. Also, yay for a magic sword user, yet another newcomer that has a good chance at being one of my mains.

Little strange to hear the Melee Fire Emblem theme instead of some theme from the Fire Emblem games themselves. Though, Hyrule Temple was one of my favorites maps to just screw around in, I just love tossing people all the way across the map, or just bouncing them off the walls constantly. I do really love the Melee Fire Emblem theme a lot too, it's one of my favorite themes in Melee (Hyrule Temple, Brinstar, Brinstar Depths, Mute City, Big Zero, Corneria+Venom, Multi Man Melee themes are my other favorite themes).

Nothing here really hurts Bandana Dee's chances. Though I do think Robin very slightly hurts Shulks chances because they are both magical sword users. I do mean slightly, because I'm sure they are nothing like each other in their games (and the Tome mechanics already makes him much different than Shulk).

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Captain Falcon: I had my doubts when I heard they said they might cut some of the older vets. Though I guess I was foolish to think that they'd remove the awesomeness that is the Falcon Punch.

Lucina: From what I see so far, looks like an Alt Costume of Marth..... Maybe she'll have different properties if she really is a different character? She has his dolphin slash, counter, and dancing blade, and has quite a few of the same standard attacks like the u air, nair. Nice that she's in though I guess. I don't really follow Fire Emblem.

Robin: I've ever heard of this guy before. He looks like a cool character though. Hopefully we can keep the hood on, I'm a sucker for hooded characters. Also, yay for a magic sword user, yet another newcomer that has a good chance at being one of my mains.

Little strange to hear the Melee Fire Emblem theme instead of some theme from the Fire Emblem games themselves. Though, Hyrule Temple was one of my favorites maps to just screw around in, I just love tossing people all the way across the map, or just bouncing them off the walls constantly. I do really love the Melee Fire Emblem theme a lot too, it's one of my favorite themes in Melee (Hyrule Temple, Brinstar, Brinstar Depths, Mute City, Big Zero, Corneria+Venom, Multi Man Melee themes are my other favorite themes).

Nothing here really hurts Bandana Dee's chances. Though I do think Robin very slightly hurts Shulks chances because they are both magical sword users. I do mean slightly, because I'm sure they are nothing like each other in their games (and the Tome mechanics already makes him much different than Shulk).
I agree, but I am a follower of Robin and wanted him in the game. Robin and Bandana Dee were on the same level for me, so in my mind this increases his chance in the game dramatically.

The Gematsu leak really hurt characters that were not in it, such as Robin, Bandana Dee, and Ridley. However now that it is destroyed, those characters get a huge raise in probability.

I just don't think that Sakurai would keep his "Baby" with only 3 characters, I think Bandana Dee is very likely. Like at 70%.

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
Lucina doesnt seem to be an alt skin, since she has her own "update" thing on the website, im thinking she might be a replacement for roy? for the roy fans? idk. either or fire-emblem's gonna have 4 characters now, and leaving kirby at 3 with fire emblem at 4 seems rather unlikely to me. I do think this gave his chances a nice boost~

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Yes, Robin looks so cool and I love Lucina! :D
Bandana Dee's chances are better now, well, in my opinion.

Salromano said it, but now nobody cares about that XD
[Shrugs Intensifies by the Dozens]

The question remains that really answers if Bandana Dee will make it in the game. Will Sakurai give the Kirby franchise a 4th character? I say yes, because Kirby only having 3 is sad considering that the other big names have 5+ now.

Also as you can tell from my Sig. Robin was my 2nd favorite, next to the Dee. Hopefully Sakurai makes my whole dream come true.

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
As much as I wasn't expecting Bandana Dee to be revealed today, I think this is pretty much the best news we've heard yet for a trailer that isn't even his.

By disproving the Gematsu leak, a ton of characters have gotten a raise in popularity, which, (of course), includes Bandana Dee.

Will Sakurai give the Kirby franchise a 4th character? I say yes, because Kirby only having 3 is sad considering that the other big names have 5+ now.
This. Mario has 5. Zelda is most likely getting Ganondorf back with possibly another Zelda newcomer (I doubt it at this point, but we'll see). Pokemon has 6, with Jigglypuff probably returning considering the original 12. And Fire Emblem has 4 reps. 2 more than it's ever had in any Smash game, even if Lucina is a clone.

And people say Kirby only will have 3? Pssh.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
The fact that we're getting two FE newcomers...

Take that into consideration. Series balance isn't always the biggest factor but it can still matter.

Bandana Waddle Dee hype is alive.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Gemasu point that Chrom is gonna be playable but...
Robin give all the fire tome magic on Capt. Falcon hand and Captain Falcon does the biggest FALCON PAWNCH OF ALL LIFE AND DESTROY THE GEMATSU LEAK<-- I never believed of the leak that much but it was right in most thing but now is fake, the second leak at least not the first one.

Before get to the topic: HOW This guy predict Mega Man, Wii fit trainer and Villager but not Chrom that more chance than those???
Am little confused... And Chrom only appear as full power and then "poof" is gone.

HEH.... LEAK DEAD. I feel sad about Chorus Kids and Shulk :c.... I can have Isaac.YES!:grin:

Heck I watch the trailer(Again) there full of swordsmen and mage power. SLASHES everywhere. And yet still no spear in the game.

LET GO EVERYONE FOR THE BANDANA DEE CONFIRMED FOR SMASH!!!!! I WANT THAT SPEAR IN THE ARENA!!!!
My hope for him as risen I FEEL MY SOUL IS FINALLY FREE. THANKS TROLL SAKURAI!!!!
And one more thing.

Bandana Dee
Put Shame all the swordsmen!:joyful:

edsett

Smash Apprentice
The Gematsu leak was blatantly wrong - not only with Shulk's reveal but Chrom is outright unplayable. There isn't any way to salvage that.

I'm thinking that a Meta Knight/Bandana Dee trailer...

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
The Gematsu leak was blatantly wrong - not only with Shulk's reveal but Chrom is outright unplayable. There isn't any way to salvage that.

I'm thinking that a Meta Knight/Bandana Dee trailer...
I agree. Meta Knight was one of, if not, the most popular newcomer in Brawl. I'm surprised that both him and Wario are not revealed yet. I can understand why Ness and Jiggs were announced since they were unlockables, but Meta and Wario weren't.

Hopefully we get an awesome trailer revealing Bandana Dee with Meta Knight. Maybe Wario will be announced with Chorus Men, since Wario Ware and Rhythm Heaven are made by the same people.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
I have to say I never thought of Banana Waddle Dee as a newcomer possibility. I made a Spear Guy (Shy Guy with a spear, facepaint, and a leaf skirt) moveset a little while back and I feel like the two would have similar moves. However, BWD has a good shot with Gematsu being slain today by the new FE reps. I'd love a new Kirby rep, as MK was awesome in Brawl and the series as a whole is pretty good. RTDL is one of my favorite games and BWD was very fun to play as. I'd be very happy to see him make the cut, and here's hoping!

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I wish I was as optimistic as you guys. However, we've seen a major character used in a Final Smash now with Chrom....and we still haven't seen King Dedede's Final Smash.

I'm so glad Gematsu is dead, and ultimately, I think Bandana Dee's chances are higher, but there's still the inkling of doubt now until we see Dedede's Final Smash

Maikou

Smash Ace
YES! YES! I AM HYPE NOW! I've been HOPING for Robin! I haven't actually played Fire Emblem Awakening, but I DID play the Demo Version from the E-Shop and I loved it. Robin works EXACTLY as I thought he would, wielding the default equipment so there's hardly any spoilers for FE: A (I REALLY want to actually buy and play the game one day). THANKFULLY I can finally say I was right to not believe the Gematsu leak. I am SO happy about this! Captain Falcon's back too! Now all we need are Ness and Jigglypuff and all the original 12 are back together again!

Bandana Dee WILL be in Smash!

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I wish I was as optimistic as you guys. However, we've seen a major character used in a Final Smash now with Chrom....and we still haven't seen King Dedede's Final Smash.

I'm so glad Gematsu is dead, and ultimately, I think Bandana Dee's chances are higher, but there's still the inkling of doubt now until we see Dedede's Final Smash
I think that the reason we haven't seen King Dedede's final smash is because it is Masked DeDeDe. Since the absence of Waddle Dees would even more confirm Bandana Dee to be in the game.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I think that the reason we haven't seen King Dedede's final smash is because it is Masked DeDeDe. Since the absence of Waddle Dees would even more confirm Bandana Dee to be in the game.
Oh I really hope we see that soon (not just for Bandana Dee, but also Masked Dedede is AWESOME)

Maikou

Smash Ace
Honestly Masked Dedede would make the best Final Smash possible for the King. Also getting Dedede's moves from Super Star Ultra during the fight would add a unique flavor. None of the other Transform Final Smashes really change the characters' moves. Super Sonic just flies around, Dragon Yoshi can ONLY spit fireballs in a straight line and sometimes spew fire breath, Giga Bowser doesn't even change his animations, and Beast Ganon only stomps and then charges.

Top Bottom