• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

edsett

Smash Apprentice
I think that's a generic Waddle Dee mask and it makes sense since the species are heavily associated with DDD.
I'm more interested in the Kirby Fighters Z. It looks like they added boss battles - could Bandana Dee show up then?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Kirby Fighters Z looks awesome, but I aint paying more then 10 dollars if it doesn't have Online! :laugh:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Bandana Dee is now an important character in the Kirby Series. I think he would be a great addition.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I have made some Bandana Dee colors. (I'm Canadian but I spell it Colors without the U. Strange.)
http://i.imgur.com/7sx2IbF.png

I love using my sprites for other's enjoyment. ;)
COLORS:
-Normal
-Rainbow Curse 1
-Rainbow Curse 2
-Rainbow Curse 3
-Kirby Dee
-Meta Knight Dee

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Can I add this to the OP? :B
I'll awnser that question with another question;
Is Bandana Dee adorable?
Yes.

Edit: Gemini Man'd. Sorry.
(making a moveset)
SOMEONE POST A NEW THING SO I CAN PUT MY MOVESET IN THE THREAD BRRRRRRRR

-Mod Note, Please don't Double Post-

Last edited by a moderator:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
~Bandana Dee Moveset~
[collapse=Idle/Stats]
Size: Same as Kirby
Walk Speed: A bit slower than Kirby
Run Speed: A bit Faster than Kirby {strange, isn't it?}
Jump/Jump Height: 3 Jumps (4 if you include Up B)/Same as Meta Knight
Air Control/Speed/Whatever: Wario {that guy moves FAST in the air. And I mean left-and-right.}
Fall Speed: Same as Dedede's {not Dedede's up B fall speed, though. 2fast4me}

Idle: Stands there. :I
Waiting 1: Stretches (like an adorable little boop)
Waiting 2: Adjusts Bandana
[/collapse]
[collapse=Normal (A) Moves]
Jab: Spear Combo from KRTD
F Tilt: Spear Lunge; Slightly moves forward, stabbing ahead of him.)
U Tilt: Headstand; Sorta goes upsidedown, atop the non-sharp end of his tip (sharp-side down) and kicks his legs)
D Tilt: Trip-Stab; Like the Spear Lunge, but doesn't move forward, and while ducking.)
Dash Attack: Pole Vault; Name says it all, Bandana Dee pole-vaults forward into the air.)
[/collapse]
[collapse=Smash Attacks]
F Smash: Spaghetti Twirl; Does a forward stab, then spins it around, like wrapping Spaghetti around a fork.
U Smash: Skyward Strike (pun intended); Stabs Upward.
D Smash: Bandana Quake; Basically does a YOU SHALL NOT PASS! and slams the non-sharp end of his spear into the ground, basically doing what G&W's Down Smash does.
[/collapse]
[collapse=Aerial Moves]
N Air: Bandana Twirl; Does basically what Kirby's Air-Side B from Melee did, but with a Spear.
F Air: Air-Stab; Basically the F Tilt, but in the Air.
U Air: Drill-Kick; Does a Drill Kick, but Upward. Forces Fast-Fall.
D Air: Drill-Stab; The Air Down+Attack from KRTD
B Air: Rocket-Stab; Forcing the Spear forwards at Sonic-Speeds, Bandana Dee force-propels himself Backward, like the Green Missle.
[/collapse]
[collapse=B Moves]
Neutral B: Spear Toss; Same as the KRTD Version, is also chargeable to throw 2-3 Spears at once.
Side B: Panic; Panicking, Bandana Dee runs forward, flailing his Spear ahead of him. Basically like the Wario Bike, but faster.
Air-Side B: Trip Panic; Trips on Air (because he's cute) and flies forwards in a downwards Arc, has to get up after landing.
Up B: Spear Copter; Same as the KRTD Incarnate, is also chargeable to increase flight-time.
Down B: Stuffed Dee; Bandana Dee goes into a "Stuffed Dee" from KRTD, and uses it as a Shield. Can't move until the Button is pressed again, but can poke his spear out from under the Stuffed Dee for an attack.
<-Stuffed Dee
FINAL SMASH: Waddle Dee Army; Gee, I wonder what this is. TotallynotDedede'soldFinalSmashnopenopenope. Masked Dedede for FS.
[/collapse]
[collapse=Taunts]
Taunt Up; Waves towards screen with his spear-wielding hand.
Taunt Side; Plants his Spear into the ground, and dances around it.
Taunt Down; Eats a Cookie. Heals 1%. {I'M SORRY I HAD TOO.}
[/collapse]
{You can remove anything bracket-ed with {} if you want, but it can stay.}

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
A New Thing! :p
:laugh:
~Bandana Dee Moveset~
[collapse=Idle/Stats]
Size: Same as Kirby
Walk Speed: A bit slower than Kirby
Run Speed: A bit Faster than Kirby {strange, isn't it?}
Jump/Jump Height: 3 Jumps (4 if you include Up B)/Same as Meta Knight
Air Control/Speed/Whatever: Wario {that guy moves FAST in the air. And I mean left-and-right.}
Fall Speed: Same as Dedede's {not Dedede's up B fall speed, though. 2fast4me}

Idle: Stands there. :I
Waiting 1: Stretches (like an adorable little boop)
Waiting 2: Adjusts Bandana
[/collapse]
[collapse=Normal (A) Moves]
Jab: Spear Combo from KRTD
F Tilt: Spear Lunge; Slightly moves forward, stabbing ahead of him.)
U Tilt: Headstand; Sorta goes upsidedown, atop the non-sharp end of his tip (sharp-side down) and kicks his legs)
D Tilt: Trip-Stab; Like the Spear Lunge, but doesn't move forward, and while ducking.)
Dash Attack: Pole Vault; Name says it all, Bandana Dee pole-vaults forward into the air.)
[/collapse]
[collapse=Smash Attacks]
F Smash: Spaghetti Twirl; Does a forward stab, then spins it around, like wrapping Spaghetti around a fork.
U Smash: Skyward Strike (pun intended); Stabs Upward.
D Smash: Bandana Quake; Basically does a YOU SHALL NOT PASS! and slams the non-sharp end of his spear into the ground, basically doing what G&W's Down Smash does.
[/collapse]
[collapse=Aerial Moves]
N Air: Bandana Twirl; Does basically what Kirby's Air-Side B from Melee did, but with a Spear.
F Air: Air-Stab; Basically the F Tilt, but in the Air.
U Air: Drill-Kick; Does a Drill Kick, but Upward. Forces Fast-Fall.
D Air: Drill-Stab; The Air Down+Attack from KRTD
B Air: Rocket-Stab; Forcing the Spear forwards at Sonic-Speeds, Bandana Dee force-propels himself Backward, like the Green Missle.
[/collapse]
[collapse=B Moves]
Neutral B: Spear Toss; Same as the KRTD Version, is also chargeable to throw 2-3 Spears at once.
Side B: Panic; Panicking, Bandana Dee runs forward, flailing his Spear ahead of him. Basically like the Wario Bike, but faster.
Air-Side B: Trip Panic; Trips on Air (because he's cute) and flies forwards in a downwards Arc, has to get up after landing.
Up B: Spear Copter; Same as the KRTD Incarnate, is also chargeable to increase flight-time.
Down B: Stuffed Dee; Bandana Dee goes into a "Stuffed Dee" from KRTD, and uses it as a Shield. Can't move until the Button is pressed again, but can poke his spear out from under the Stuffed Dee for an attack.
<-Stuffed Dee
FINAL SMASH: Waddle Dee Army; Gee, I wonder what this is. TotallynotDedede'soldFinalSmashnopenopenope. Masked Dedede for FS.
[/collapse]
[collapse=Taunts]
Taunt Up; Waves towards screen with his spear-wielding hand.
Taunt Side; Plants his Spear into the ground, and dances around it.
Taunt Down; Eats a Cookie. Heals 1%. {I'M SORRY I HAD TOO.}
[/collapse]
{You can remove anything bracket-ed with {} if you want, but it can stay.}
I will add this to the OP!

LF2K

Floor Diver
There's a new character reveal coming Monday. Who could it be? Unfortunately, though, Sakurai has mentioned their nearing the bottom of the videos they've made.

There may be only a few newcomers left. But it ain't over 'til it's over!

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
New character on Monday!
who could it be? I have no idea.
but I know who I HOPE it is! ^_^
Sakurai is running out of characters to reveal apparently, but I will not lose hope or hype.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
There's a new character reveal coming Monday. Who could it be? Unfortunately, though, Sakurai has mentioned their nearing the bottom of the videos they've made.

There may be only a few newcomers left. But it ain't over 'til it's over!
What about secret newcomers? Perhaps they don't have trailers?

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
Some guy who wrote story parts for xenoblade retweeted the announcement =\ it's prob just gonna be shulk

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
...As much as I hate to say it, especially to you guys,
I think it's gonna be Ridley.
And oh, does it pain me to say that.I really REALLY want it to be Bandana Dee, but Monday would be the absolute perfect time to unveil Ridley. Seriously, having an entire Livestream all to yourself is kinda strange.
Or, Y'know, it could be Shulk. But I honestly don't want ANOTHER Swordsman. Unique Gimmick or Not, we have too much Swords. (Except Meta Knight. He's cool.)

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
...As much as I hate to say it, especially to you guys,
I think it's gonna be Ridley.
And oh, does it pain me to say that.I really REALLY want it to be Bandana Dee, but Monday would be the absolute perfect time to unveil Ridley. Seriously, having an entire Livestream all to yourself is kinda strange.
Or, Y'know, it could be Shulk. But I honestly don't want ANOTHER Swordsman. Unique Gimmick or Not, we have too much Swords. (Except Meta Knight. He's cool.)
I don't think Ridley will be revealed pre release.

Last edited:

Keeshu

Smash Ace
If the new character turns out to be Shulk, my hype for him died already because of the knowledge that some of the monolift soft people tweeted the smash bros announcement. If it's not Shulk I'll probably be very hyped.
Nothing against Shulk or anything, I haven't played his game yet, so I don't have a bias to like him right now aside from his magical sword. I'm not too interested in the game since it looks like a tank+spank type of game at a glance. Either that or the majority of people I've seen play make the game look really really boring. Shulk looks pretty nice though, except for the "pretty anime boy" face, and the randomly exposed shins. I'm just hoping he does some of the magic with his sword, I don't want him to turn into another fire emblem type swordsman. Link and Meta Knight at least have some things outside of using swords to make them interesting.

Though, hearing that the Kirby Facebook (I didn't know Nintendo had Facebook, though I shouldn't be surprised) mentioned the smash livestream is interesting. Are there other characters on Facebook that are officially Nintendo? I wouldn't know where to look for the list of that stuff. Seems good for Bandana Dee's chances, but I have a feeling it's just going to have Meta Knight revealed on monday.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
If the new character turns out to be Shulk, my hype for him died already because of the knowledge that some of the monolift soft people tweeted the smash bros announcement. If it's not Shulk I'll probably be very hyped.
Nothing against Shulk or anything, I haven't played his game yet, so I don't have a bias to like him right now aside from his magical sword. I'm not too interested in the game since it looks like a tank+spank type of game at a glance. Either that or the majority of people I've seen play make the game look really really boring. Shulk looks pretty nice though, except for the "pretty anime boy" face, and the randomly exposed shins. I'm just hoping he does some of the magic with his sword, I don't want him to turn into another fire emblem type swordsman. Link and Meta Knight at least have some things outside of using swords to make them interesting.

Though, hearing that the Kirby Facebook (I didn't know Nintendo had Facebook, though I shouldn't be surprised) mentioned the smash livestream is interesting. Are there other characters on Facebook that are officially Nintendo? I wouldn't know where to look for the list of that stuff. Seems good for Bandana Dee's chances, but I have a feeling it's just going to have Meta Knight revealed on monday.
Remember the April Direct, how they also tweeted about the Direct, nothing special really happened.
...So did Next Level Games, which got my hopes up for Robotic Nightmare from Mario Strikers as an Assist Trophy, but my dreams we're crushed again.
Just like Kamek, but Kamek was alot harsher on me.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702

If you think his games look boring then you should check out Chuggaaconroy's lets play of it. He makes the games look pretty fun.

LF2K

Floor Diver
I don't think the Kirby Facebook page is official. It's written in an informal tone, something Nintendo doesn't do.

Odds are, it will be Shulk. But who says Monolith Soft is trying to build hype for their character for sure?

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Remember the April Direct, how they also tweeted about the Direct, nothing special really happened.
...So did Next Level Games, which got my hopes up for Robotic Nightmare from Mario Strikers as an Assist Trophy, but my dreams we're crushed again.
Just like Kamek, but Kamek was alot harsher on me.
I didn't know about them talking about the Direct. Shulk doesn't seem so confirmed now. Thanks for saying it. Of course, I'm wondering what Monolith Soft stuff will get into smash. I mean, it's unusual for companies to just randomly praise each other when they have nothing to do with each other. I assume they'll have something bigger than just a trophy this time around.
As for Kamek, I kind of know how that feels. At least Kamek is doing what he does in the games though. The worst thing that could happen is not being de-confirmed, but to be implemented in a way that makes you look at the character in other appearances and it makes you feel that he is boring/unlikeable.

If you think his games look boring then you should check out Chuggaaconroy's lets play of it. He makes the games look pretty fun.
I'll put it on my "to watch" list. I like Mr. Conroy sometimes, but he does have a tendency to yell a lot. While I do like to watch some channels where yelling is not that uncommon (WiiRikeToPray, Gamegrumps), Conroy does it too much for me generally, at least in the playthroughs I've seen. I can only take him in small doses. Though I think Conroy is best when he's paired with Protonjon and a couple other people, Jon tends to keep a leash on Conroy to keep Conroy from going to crazy sometimes, which makes it even funnier. The old calm and crazy comedy pair (I forgot what that type of comedy pair is called, oh well).

Also, with the right Let's Player, any game can look fun though. Just remember, even if a let's player is really awesome, some games just won't work right for them (follow any let's player long enough, and you'll see them encounter such a game eventually, and it can be a bit sad at times). So just gotta find someone else to make that game look good.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Chandelure, you have been overlooking one thing.
One, important, question.
What makes this Character so Special to be announced NOW, and not at the August Direct?
The reason? It's quite obvious.
It must be one of Sakurai's most loved creations.
Which means it's from the Kirby Franchise.
*wink wink*

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Chromus shudee Confirmed!

(Im trying to say Chrom, Chorus Kids, Shulk and finally Bandana Dee. Is just a funny joke.)

Even Bandana Dee don't get any trailer, it would be super cool is still gonna be in the game as a super hidden character, Like R.O.B. and Wolf. Is gonna be in smash am gonna YES all day. (Im still love every single Kirby characters in Smash.)

D

Deleted member

My brother just bought Triple Deluxe, I asked him what he would think of Bandana Dee in Smash and he asked me what he could do, I then answered that his abilities are similar to the Spear Copy ability and he now wants Bandana Dee because the Spear ability is one of his favorites, can we add him to the supporters list? :awesome:

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
Chromus shudee Confirmed!

(Im trying to say Chrom, Chorus Kids, Shulk and finally Bandana Dee. Is just a funny joke.)

Even Bandana Dee don't get any trailer, it would be super cool is still gonna be in the game as a super hidden character, Like R.O.B. and Wolf. Is gonna be in smash am gonna YES all day. (Im still love every single Kirby characters in Smash.)
I do believe they said -every- new character would be getting an intro? Maybe i'm wrong on that but i do believe they said that. So even then they might give the hidden chars some kind of video too

Top Bottom