• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

IronFish

Smash Ace
With Fire Emblem getting 4 reps no one can say Kirby is fine with the reps it has, plus Gemastu getting debunked helps him out significantly.

Last edited:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
We're still in this guys/gals. Since Sakurai seems to be going towards characters with unique abilities, our little spear guy is still in the running. Believe!

And after Fire Emblem getting four characters, Kid Icarus possibly getting three (if Dark Pit is a quick and dirty clone like Lucina), and Donkey Kong still at two; I don't want to hear about representation discrepancies with Kirby having four playable characters.

Last edited:

Makaronileo

Smash Journeyman
Robin is a caracter i really wanted but not really belived would joined.

Same thing i Bandana Dee

This reveal gave me new hope.

+ leak being False
+ fire emblem have 4 characters

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Our quest continues! There's no denying Kirby can have 4 characters now.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Maybe they could do a cute trailer, with the likes of Bandana Dee, Chorus Men, Jigglypuff, Ice Climbers (and maybe G&W). It wouldn't surprise me if there were multiple newcomers from any future trailer now given the lack of time before release.

D

Deleted member

If Fire Emblem can have four characters, then so can Kirby! I think that Bandana Dee has benefited from this reveal...
Here's hoping!

Last edited by a moderator:

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Yeah, at this point King Dedede's Final Smash is the only real threat. But I definitely think that it can also easily be something different. I was thinking it could be the pre-final boss from Triple Deluxe where he becomes Masked Dedede and his hammer gets replaced with a large axe.
Aside from that, I doubt he'll be an Assist Trophy or Stage Hazard.

edsett

Smash Apprentice
If KSSU was released before Brawl, Masked Dedede would have likely been his FS. It just fits. It makes sense and even more sense now with Masked Dedede has been getting tons of love in the recent Kirby games.

Toady

Smash Cadet
NNID
DrToadigerr
3DS FC
3480-2729-9032
Switch FC
SW-4465-1459-3015
I'm really hoping he gets in. With the Gematsu leak proven a bit wrong (Still relevant, but we're getting characters not on the list), it definitely gives Bandana Dee hope. Plus, 4(+) characters for Mario, Zelda, Pokemon and now Fire Emblem? For a series made by Sakurai with a pretty solid 4 main characters, 3 of which already in Smash, I don't see why adding Bandana Dee wouldn't make sense.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
I'm really hoping he gets in. With the Gematsu leak proven a bit wrong (Still relevant, but we're getting characters not on the list), it definitely gives Bandana Dee hope. Plus, 4(+) characters for Mario, Zelda, Pokemon and now Fire Emblem? For a series made by Sakurai with a pretty solid 4 main characters, 3 of which already in Smash, I don't see why adding Bandana Dee wouldn't make sense.
Psst. Gematsu is wrong. Chrom deconfirmed.

Toady

Smash Cadet
NNID
DrToadigerr
3DS FC
3480-2729-9032
Switch FC
SW-4465-1459-3015
Psst. Gematsu is wrong. Chrom deconfirmed.
Don't forget though, the Gematsu leak was also partially wrong about Pokemon X and Y, but still 99% correct on things nobody could have predicted. That's why I'm saying some of the stuff may still be relevant, but to no longer assume that if <blank> isn't on the list, that they're not in.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Don't forget though, the Gematsu leak was also partially wrong about Pokemon X and Y, but still 99% correct on things nobody could have predicted. That's why I'm saying some of the stuff may still be relevant, but to no longer assume that if <blank> isn't on the list, that they're not in.
Is Greninja not a Pokemon from X/Y. Dude, I hate to break it to you, but still believing in the leak is grasping the straws by now.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Is Greninja not a Pokemon from X/Y. Dude, I hate to break it to you, but still believing in the leak is grasping the straws by now.
Not exactly.

The leak had massive validity in the past, there's no denying that (getting Mii Fighter's name, 8/11 at the least as well). Even moreso, the characters excluding Chrom still have decent shots at the least thanks to the information that's been seen and the overall importance in Nintendo. Japan loves Xenoblade and RH. Japan also likes characters like BWD and they have a hand in public opinion overall, what gets added by popular demand.

Right now, the leak itself is very up in the air. We can't go and say "oh, well one off means it's all false" because it's not been in one complete package. We've gotten 4 batches, one being right 100% (E3 2013), another being half wrong (Batch 2 in April, getting Chrom Wrong), one being mostly right (E3 2014) and one that's wrong (being that Shulk was today's reveal).

Leak or not, those characters still have very good chances.

Toady

Smash Cadet
NNID
DrToadigerr
3DS FC
3480-2729-9032
Switch FC
SW-4465-1459-3015
I'm referring to the leaks about the games Pokemon X and Y, not the prediction for Smash 4 lol

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
I have a feeling that the next character reveal trailer is gonna have the confirmation of meta knight's return, plus the arrival of bandana dee. Bandana dee seems like a shoe-in, due to FE getting four reps, and the fact that King DDD only throws gordoes...

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Not exactly.

The leak had massive validity in the past, there's no denying that (getting Mii Fighter's name, 8/11 at the least as well). Even moreso, the characters excluding Chrom still have decent shots at the least thanks to the information that's been seen and the overall importance in Nintendo. Japan loves Xenoblade and RH. Japan also likes characters like BWD and they have a hand in public opinion overall, what gets added by popular demand.

Right now, the leak itself is very up in the air. We can't go and say "oh, well one off means it's all false" because it's not been in one complete package. We've gotten 4 batches, one being right 100% (E3 2013), another being half wrong (Batch 2 in April, getting Chrom Wrong), one being mostly right (E3 2014) and one that's wrong (being that Shulk was today's reveal).

Leak or not, those characters still have very good chances.
Well, if leak is false [which is likely] a RH rep wouldn't be Chorus Men.

Makaronileo

Smash Journeyman
Lets do Logic here,

FE having 4 Reps = Kirby having at least 4 reps

Kirby having 4 reps = at least 1 of them will be a newcomer

bandana Dee is the likliest Kirby Newcomer = The Dee confirmed.

=D

edsett

Smash Apprentice
The leak took a huge blow to its credibility regardless. It just means that the characters on the leak aren't 100% shoo-ins anymore. (Shulk still has a good chance but the Chorus Men are going to compete with other RH characters or deal with the possibility that RH may not even get a rep.)
It's all good news for Bandana Dee though.

Maxilian

Smash Ace
I have a feeling that the next character reveal trailer is gonna have the confirmation of meta knight's return, plus the arrival of bandana dee. Bandana dee seems like a shoe-in, due to FE getting four reps, and the fact that King DDD only throws gordoes...
I do agree that FE having 4 character helps Bandana Dee a lot, but the fact that King DDD only throws gordoes doesn't help at all, why? cause the Waddle Dees still appear in Smash Run, so that doesn't affect him at all (it doesn't give him a plus nor a minus)

Jiggly

NNID
Jiggly101
I do agree that FE having 4 character helps Bandana Dee a lot, but the fact that King DDD only throws gordoes doesn't help at all, why? cause the Waddle Dees still appear in Smash Run, so that doesn't affect him at all (it doesn't give him a plus nor a minus)
You fight ROBs in sunspace emissary. They wouldn't want a playable character to be part of someone's moves, just because it would make the character somewhat... Redundant... Waddle dee was removed from DDD's move, so that waddle dee is it's own character. Why have a character, when another character THROWS them for its own convenience?

Keeshu

Smash Ace
*takes a quick look at the roster so far*
Short Version:
Waiting on these Vets: Ganondorf, Wario, Meta Knight, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, R.O.B., Ness and/or Lucas.... Wolf has me figuratively biting my nails.... and maybe Roy can come back
Possible other Newcomers: Dixie Kong and/or K.Rool, Ridley, Krystal or Peppy. Other newer Nintendo Franchise main characters.

Thinking of it this way, Bandana Dee doesn't really seem to have many blockades in front of him for being in Smash.
Though, I do get the feeling that adding 2 newcomers to the Fire Emblem Roster is something the devs are going to regret because people are expecting other characters that are more important to other franchises if they don't have a bunch of characters hidden up their sleeves. We'll just have to see what happens. This does bode well for Bandana Dee, and a 4th Star Fox member though, and more DK newcomers, as it seems the devs may just want to make it so there are at least 4 characters to large franchises.
Time will tell.

Long Version
For existing franchises:
Mario - Seems about done, just waiting on Wario's announcement.
Yoshi - Kamek is the only notable character from Yoshi games off the top of my head, and he's already de-confirmed. Though I haven't played the Yoshi games so maybe I'm missing something, unlikely for a newcomer here.
Donkey Kong - I'll be surprised if we don't get Dixie or K.Rool as a newcomer. Though Kremlings in Smash Run do rather strongly hint towards K.Rool, question is, boss or playable?
Zelda Series - Whenever Ganondorf gets back it's pretty much set. Though I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a newcomer. Personally I find Vaati the most likely, so Toon Link gets his villain. I won't be dissapointed if we don't have a newcomer for zelda though, it's pretty solid with the triforce bearers.
Metroid - All that really needs to come in, is Ridley, anything else is icing on the cake. I would like one of the hunters, and maybe Anthony (though seeing Chozo wouldn't surprise me either since they are important to Samus's background, and Sakurai likes to toss curveballs), but they need to appear in more games. Problem is, the Metroid series has a tendency to blow up planets and everything you know....
Kirby - Kirby has a tendency to kill off bosses forever as well except for a few bosses (Whispy Woods, Kracko, King Dedede, Meta Knight generally). I believe Bandana's Dee's closest competition is Magalor, even then Bandana Dee seems to be miles more likely. Daroach has been in a few games as well, and has helped kirby (though sadly I don't think he'll ever beplayable like Meta Knight, I'd like to play as something other than meta Knight, sorry DDD, Kirby, I don't care much for you two.)
Star Fox - I'll be surprised if Falco isn't back. I'm very worried that Wolf may not come back, cause he's so vastly different to play from Fox+Falco and I love it (though I do kinda wish he kept a dash attack similar to fox/falco). Krystal and Peppy are good contenders for different reasons. Personally I'm voting for Krystal because she's a more interesting character than Peppy, and is rediculously easy to think of moves for...... I also like the idea of Peppy being an Assist Trophy where it's common for him to say do a barrel roll.
Pokemon: Waiting on Jigglypuff. Mewtwo is likely to come back for many reasons. I doubt they'd go past 6 pokemon, at least for SSB4. We already got the newcomer Greninja for Pokemans.
Fire Emblem: We got 2 Vets, and 2 newcomers. However, with emphasis on alt costumes and alt special moves, I would not be surprised to see Roy in the game (inb4 Lucina = Fast, Roy = Slow but powerful, Marth = balance).
Kid Icarus: We have Palutena, I'm surprised at that, and I doubt they'd add a second one. I don't think they'd push for Kid Icarus that much, even if it is Sakurai's new project.
Pikmin: Pikmin is pretty popular. While I like the game I've never like the design of the characters you play, oh well. I'm expecting that Louie G. in the game. Personally I'm not a fan of fighting or playing Olimar, so if Louie isn't in I'm okay with that.

I doubt any new franchises will have a second newcomer for SSB4 (maybe SSB5 though)

F-Zero - Has F-zero made any new games lately? if so, than I wouldn't be surprised to see someone from there, but I've never played the game.... Probably should, it looks fun and I love it's music overall. If not, Captain Falcon is probably going to be flying solo again. Which is fine imo.
Mother/Earthbound - Considering the original plan was to replace Ness with Lucas, and they both came in Brawl, I wouldn't be surprised to see both of them in the game, possibly with Ninten to complete the set...... Maybe Porky. Though I'm not sure if the Earthbound series is going to make more games or not.

TP8bitPyro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TPPyro
the one major hope I do have for bandana dee is that his moveset will be more unique than just spear swings. because if they feel bland I don't know how I would feel about it

Keeshu

Smash Ace
the one major hope I do have for bandana dee is that his moveset will be more unique than just spear swings. because if they feel bland I don't know how I would feel about it
Surely one of the many other characters on the roster you thought would be boring, then you got to see/use the gameplay and it seemed absolutely awesome.

While Bandana Dee is rather basic with his spears in Return to Dreamland (aside form Dair, Spear copter, and spear throws), he is a very blank slate character. They can make him do whatever they want. Meta Knight surely didn't have many iconic moves when he was added in brawl, they made up a bunch of new moves for him.

IronFish

Smash Ace
Lets do Logic here,

FE having 4 Reps = Kirby having at least 4 reps

Kirby having 4 reps = at least 1 of them will be a newcomer

bandana Dee is the likliest Kirby Newcomer = The Dee confirmed.

=D
Yay for logic! Glad to that my #1 newcomer is helping my #2 newcomer get in.

TP8bitPyro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TPPyro
Surely one of the many other characters on the roster you thought would be boring, then you got to see/use the gameplay and it seemed absolutely awesome.

While Bandana Dee is rather basic with his spears in Return to Dreamland (aside form Dair, Spear copter, and spear throws), he is a very blank slate character. They can make him do whatever they want. Meta Knight surely didn't have many iconic moves when he was added in brawl, they made up a bunch of new moves for him.
this gives me hope,- hope to actually some thing that does say bandana dee moveset wise

Last edited:

Lucimar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Callin
3DS FC
1332-8783-7823
Add me to the supporters list! Bandanna Dee was my favorite character in Kirby Return to Dreamland (I loved his helicopter to spin).

He would be a perfect Kirby representative!

Stalkos

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1977-0277-9521
Alright guys!
Robin confirmed today! Lucina as a bonus. That's a minus one of my support list.

Let's start working heavy on Waddle Dee now, after all, if Fire Emblem can get 4 reps, Kirby can as well. :colorful:

Makaronileo

Smash Journeyman
Alright guys!
Robin confirmed today! Lucina as a bonus. That's a minus one of my support list.

Let's start working heavy on Waddle Dee now, after all, if Fire Emblem can get 4 reps, Kirby can as well. :colorful:
I know right.
If sceptile and the Dee Joins. My top 3 will all have been added!

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Hmmm......from what I've seen Sakurai do with all of the newcomers....I REALLY want to know what Sakurai has in store with Bandana Dee. Robin is so far the most complex character, no one can even pinpoint his moves down or how they would even work.

Sakurai, you crazy Dastard you. I want something that I would have never came up with.

Jiggly

NNID
Jiggly101
Here is a moveset I would like for Bandanna Waddle Dee:

Neutral Special- Throws spear, if you charge it, 3 spears will be thrown. Spear will appear back in Dee's hand after hitting a foe, the ground, or disappearing due to being airborne for too long.

Side Special: flies forward with spear, kinda like pikachu's Headbutt, but with no charge, and low damage. Mostly for recovery purposes

Down special: a counter move similar to Ike/marth. Attacks with spear after being hit

Up Special: Everyone's favorite helicopter spear. Has great vertical mobility, bad horizontally. Doesn't go into panic mode, kinda like sonic's Up special.

Forward Smash: slams spear in a downwards motion, hitting the opponent. Has better knock back if hit with the spear tip.

Up Smash: Waddle Dee climbs on top of its spear while it is sunk in the ground, to hit the opponent above it with its head. Slow, powerful, and very punishable. Should be used sparingly.

Down smash: waddle dee swings his spear all around himself. Hitting both sides several times. Kind of like pikachu's down smash, but lacking element properties of course.

Nair: spins himself kind of like Kirby's nair

Fair: swings his spear down, kind of like his Forward smash. Is a good meteor smash.

Bair: Swings both legs behind himself. Good for spacing.

Dair: holds onto his spear, and soars downwards, acts like link's Dair

Standard A Combo: 2 stabs followed by a whack, similar to home run bat, but obviously much weaker.

Dash attack: attacks in a lancing position. Lasts a while kind of like PAC man's dash attack.

Forward tilt: spins doing a small kick in front of him

Down tilt: stabs close to the ground using his spear

Up tilt: throws the hilt of his spear upwards

That's what I would like to see. Knowing sakurai, he would probably find a way to use the parasol in his moveset as well, just to give his moveset a little more diversity.

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
So, here's a question, what do you think BD's illustration would look like?

I think it would be funny if his had him standing atop a podium akin to The Arena.

But surrounding the podium would be other sidekicks and second bananas looking on with envy. Luigi, Tails, Rush, Toad, Zero, to name a few.

Last edited:

Makaronileo

Smash Journeyman
Here is a moveset I would like for Bandanna Waddle Dee:

Neutral Special- Throws spear, if you charge it, 3 spears will be thrown. Spear will appear back in Dee's hand after hitting a foe, the ground, or disappearing due to being airborne for too long.

Side Special: flies forward with spear, kinda like pikachu's Headbutt, but with no charge, and low damage. Mostly for recovery purposes

Down special: a counter move similar to Ike/marth. Attacks with spear after being hit

Up Special: Everyone's favorite helicopter spear. Has great vertical mobility, bad horizontally. Doesn't go into panic mode, kinda like sonic's Up special.

Forward Smash: slams spear in a downwards motion, hitting the opponent. Has better knock back if hit with the spear tip.

Up Smash: Waddle Dee climbs on top of its spear while it is sunk in the ground, to hit the opponent above it with its head. Slow, powerful, and very punishable. Should be used sparingly.

Down smash: waddle dee swings his spear all around himself. Hitting both sides several times. Kind of like pikachu's down smash, but lacking element properties of course.

Nair: spins himself kind of like Kirby's nair

Fair: swings his spear down, kind of like his Forward smash. Is a good meteor smash.

Bair: Swings both legs behind himself. Good for spacing.

Dair: holds onto his spear, and soars downwards, acts like link's Dair

Standard A Combo: 2 stabs followed by a whack, similar to home run bat, but obviously much weaker.

Dash attack: attacks in a lancing position. Lasts a while kind of like PAC man's dash attack.

Forward tilt: spins doing a small kick in front of him

Down tilt: stabs close to the ground using his spear

Up tilt: throws the hilt of his spear upwards

That's what I would like to see. Knowing sakurai, he would probably find a way to use the parasol in his moveset as well, just to give his moveset a little more diversity.
Awesome, but u not like food or parasol?

Jiggly

NNID
Jiggly101
Awesome, but u not like food or parasol?
I am liking the parasol, but it seems where the parasol could be used, the spear works better, and in places where the spear doesn't work too well, the parasol doesn't either. But sakurai is bound to include the parasol, I just don't know how. Maybe as his down special? It could work similar to pit's sheild?

LF2K

Floor Diver
I just had a bit of an awesome revelation regarding characters in Smash.

As we all know, Robin was the second main character in FE: Awakening. But Chrom didn't make the playable cut. But he still appears alongside Robin in his/her Final Smash.

Pit and Palutena are also a duo. So are Mario and Luigi. Even Mega Man brought Rush along. Doc Louis also appears with Little Mac.

But there's an incomplete duo just waiting to happen. King Dedede and Waddle Dee! We have all these duos already, but we're missing one!

Hell, we're even 2 games together! This Smash is all about duality!

Last edited:
Top Bottom