• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

LF2K

Floor Diver
Got to try out some Photoshop skills tonight by making a new signature, and of course I had to include BD. Sorry, but Little Mac was my most wanted. :p

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I like the Sakurai math you got going on lol

Bandana needs to save King Dedede....before promptly kicking his butt.

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Anthony Higgs is my wild card. Sakurai would be the troll of the century if he chose Anthony.:troll:

Why the pessimism on Lip? Has she been decomfirmed?

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
The only thing I know is that Bandana Dee needs to save King Dedede XD
I've actually thought of a scenario for Bandana Dee's trailer:

The trailer starts at Mt. Dedede where the the castle is being stormed by a party of five led by Kirby. The four members are Mario, Pit, Link and Yoshi. King Dedede's theme plays in the background.

King Dedede witnesses the invasion through his security cameras and orders his army to attack. The army tries and fails miserably at stopping Kirby's team from reaching the King. Angered, King Dedede sends the twin fire lions to stop them. While they prove to be a challenge, they were defeated by our heroes and continue traveling deeper into the castle. With nothing else to throw at, Dedede leaves his chamber and heads to the ring to meet up with the heroes.

The five heroes arrive at the arena where Dedede awaits his opponents. It first starts out as Kirby vs Dedede but Kirby's allies jump into the ring to assist the pink hero in fighting the King after he begins to cheat. With teamwork, Dedede is defeated. Our five heroes begin to charge at Dedede. Ready to blast him off again. However, a spear is launched into the arena aiming for Kirby. Kirby realizes this and jumps away in time to avoid the attack. The Music stops. Everyone is confused of the spear's origin but soon four more spears arrive aiming for the other four heroes and they dodge the attack. Dedede looks back to see who was throwing the spears. Upon recognizing the figure, Dedede's expression is change to a more hopeful one.

Masked Dedede's theme begins to play in the background as the figure jumps over the ropes and Dedede.
BANDANA WADDLE DEE SAVES THE KING
He grabs the first spear he launched and enters a fighting stance. The scene cuts to gameplay of Bandana Dee first fighting Link and Yoshi and overcoming them then battling Mario and Pit and defeating them as well. King Dedede arrives to help Bandana Dee in their fight against Kirby. Kirby is defeated through teamwork and the duo perform a taunt in celebration. The scene then changes to Bandana Dee performing various moves and being adorable at the same time. In one scene, Charizard is fighting King Dedede. Bandana Dee arrives grabs his King and throws him on a platform and proceeds to fight the Fire/Flying type Pokémon. The gameplay ends with Bandana Dee performing his final smash and it cuts to the Smash Bros logo. The music ends.

The trailer ends with the five heroes being blasted off the castle. The duo then perform the kirby dance complete with the jingle. Meta Knight is teased appearing on top of the castle near the hole made by the five heroes. Bandana Dee notices Meta Knights's silhouette but he quickly departs from the area.

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer
Why the pessimism on Lip? Has she been decomfirmed?
The Lip's Stick was confirmed as an item in April with the photo batch.

Bandana needs to save King Dedede....before promptly kicking his butt.
Pretty much. The trailer might have him block some blow ala Palutena and then smack Dedede out of the way for a brawl with the other fighter.

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
I was just thinking about how hilarious it would be to make a Mii of CJ and Ryder from GTA: San Andreas and having them fight with Bandana Dee, wearing a green bandana. Anyone else ever find the thought of GTA x Kirby ****ing hilarious?

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
I've actually thought of a scenario for Bandana Dee's trailer:

The trailer starts at Mt. Dedede where the the castle is being stormed by a party of five led by Kirby. The four members are Mario, Pit, Link and Yoshi. King Dedede's theme plays in the background.

King Dedede witnesses the invasion through his security cameras and orders his army to attack. The army tries and fails miserably at stopping Kirby's team from reaching the King. Angered, King Dedede sends the twin fire lions to stop them. While they prove to be a challenge, they were defeated by our heroes and continue traveling deeper into the castle. With nothing else to throw at, Dedede leaves his chamber and heads to the ring to meet up with the heroes.

The five heroes arrive at the arena where Dedede awaits his opponents. It first starts out as Kirby vs Dedede but Kirby's allies jump into the ring to assist the pink hero in fighting the King after he begins to cheat. With teamwork, Dedede is defeated. Our five heroes begin to charge at Dedede. Ready to blast him off again. However, a spear is launched into the arena aiming for Kirby. Kirby realizes this and jumps away in time to avoid the attack. The Music stops. Everyone is confused of the spear's origin but soon four more spears arrive aiming for the other four heroes and they dodge the attack. Dedede looks back to see who was throwing the spears. Upon recognizing the figure, Dedede's expression is change to a more hopeful one.

Masked Dedede's theme begins to play in the background as the figure jumps over the ropes and Dedede.
BANDANA WADDLE DEE SAVES THE KING
He grabs the first spear he launched and enters a fighting stance. The scene cuts to gameplay of Bandana Dee first fighting Link and Yoshi and overcoming them then battling Mario and Pit and defeating them as well. King Dedede arrives to help Bandana Dee in their fight against Kirby. Kirby is defeated through teamwork and the duo perform a taunt in celebration. The scene then changes to Bandana Dee performing various moves and being adorable at the same time. In one scene, Charizard is fighting King Dedede. Bandana Dee arrives grabs his King and throws him on a platform and proceeds to fight the Fire/Flying type Pokémon. The gameplay ends with Bandana Dee performing his final smash and it cuts to the Smash Bros logo. The music ends.

The trailer ends with the five heroes being blasted off the castle. The duo then perform the kirby dance complete with the jingle. Meta Knight is teased appearing on top of the castle near the hole made by the five heroes. Bandana Dee notices Meta Knights's silhouette but he quickly departs from the area.
While I like the idea, after Kirby Triple Deluxe it seems that now King Dedede is more of a good character rather than bad, and of course the same would be for Bandana Dee. I also think giving Meta Knight a prompted bigger role would make sense, but as long as he's included in the trailer, it's fine.

I actually heard someone saying that Bandana Dee should replace Meta Knight.. But I don't see why.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
AND I'M BACK! Going through 2000+ Posts is hard work. =~=
Anywho, here's the First Post I ever made on Miiverse;

I later remade it, after getting better at drawing;

So there you go, have some drawings.

Last edited:

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
What do you guys think of this new leak floating around about "The final newcomers yet to be announced are Ridley, Dixie Kong, Chrom, Shulk, Chorus Trio, and Isaac. Mewtwo is returning."

apparantly gonna be proven right saying wario was gonna be revealed as returning this week.

thoughts on legitimacy? since yknow, no bandana in there

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
What do you guys think of this new leak floating around about "The final newcomers yet to be announced are Ridley, Dixie Kong, Chrom, Shulk, Chorus Trio, and Isaac. Mewtwo is returning."

apparantly gonna be proven right saying wario was gonna be revealed as returning this week.

thoughts on legitimacy? since yknow, no bandana in there
...I honestly think it's true.
Plus good ol' Gematsu did say there's gonna be DLC, so Bandana Dee is still in there.
Only thing I don't like about that leak is Dixie Kong, cause, y'know, King K. Rool. XD
I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Plus good ol' Gematsu did say there's gonna be DLC, so Bandana Dee is still in there.
Only thing I don't like about that leak is Dixie Kong, cause, y'know, King K. Rool. XD
Is there really any reason to believe that this leak is real? At this point in time, it's nothing more than a claim with no solid evidence to back it up. Perhaps if Wario is revealed this week, then the leak may have some credibility. Though it's also worth considering that Wario is one of the safest veterans and one that is fairly likely to be revealed at some time in the near future.

Last edited:

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
im still a little concerned about dlc, I somehow can't see them adding new unique characters and asking for money for them. it'd get them a lot of critique about pay to win from some folk i imagine (note, I do hope there is dlc, and would gladly pay for it and hope it will happen)
Is there really any reason to believe that leak is real? At this point in time, it's nothing more than a claim with no solid evidence to back it up. Perhaps if Wario is revealed this week, then the leak may have some credibility. Though it's also worth considering that Wario is one of the safest veterans and one that is fairly likely to be revealed at some time in the near future.
another option could be that this "leaker" knows that wario is gonna be revealed this week, and just added some characters he knows are rumoured and/or wanted to try and mess with people, who knows

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
I actually heard someone saying that Bandana Dee should replace Meta Knight.. But I don't see why.
Because is broken, Just because is broken in brawl no one ever like him, In project M make a good Nerf and Buff but still kinda broken but is really don't hard...but the combos...
That why Bandana Dee is a true bad-ass to reach that level of respect than Metaknight.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
im still a little concerned about dlc, I somehow can't see them adding new unique characters and asking for money for them. it'd get them a lot of critique about pay to win from some folk i imagine (note, I do hope there is dlc, and would gladly pay for it and hope it will happen)

another option could be that this "leaker" knows that wario is gonna be revealed this week, and just added some characters he knows are rumoured and/or wanted to try and mess with people, who knows
It could be Free DLC. :D

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Just for information, that ISN'T another part of the Gematsu leak. It is called "Gematsu Plus Leak" because it use the exact same information of the Gematsu leak with other little information, but them are 2 different leakers.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
That would be best but in their current situation they do need money, idk, either way i hope theres dlc, be it paid or not
I'd pay 15 Dollars for Playable Galacta Knight DLC.
...Make that 20.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I honesly think Bandana Dee is going to be one of the first DLC characters.

Awesome :D

Maikou

Smash Ace
I see no reason to assume any leaks are real. Most of the characters I've seen "leaks" for have had something huge going for them, even Pac-man has his stupidly insane popularity to back him up. (For the record I'm not hating on Pac-Man, I'm still just a little sour about him since I know no good reasons for him to be in. I honestly don't see his connection with Nintendo and I'd rather not start another discussion on him here)

Look, I've got nothing against Mewtwo and really want him to return, but alongside Ridley and Dixie Kong, plus this "Chorus Trio", Shulk, and Isaac? It just seems like nothing more than fanservice to get people's hopes up.

And no Bandana Dee. I'm positive this "leak" is fake and I really and truly hope it is so.

Nothing against these "leaked" characters but I don't want to see this leak come true.

Neo Zero

I really do love how the argument against any leak is "Well, it's to fanservicey and good to be true"

This game was built on the foundation of fanservice, it should be to good to be true lol

Why is every character thread I pop into today talking about leaks anywho?

This is really good, I like it.

D

Deleted member

So many leaks, so little time.
I'm at least content with the Gematsu leak since it lists Shulk, so I'm satisfied.

Let's move away from leaks, shall we?

Neo Zero

So many leaks, so little time.
I'm at least content with the Gematsu leak since it lists Shulk, so I'm satisfied.

Let's move away from leaks, shall we?
Random thought, but I'd love to see a Miiverse post of Bandana Dee repairing pipes, and sticking out of them you can see like Ridley's tail, Isaac's hair, Chrom's sword, etc;

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Random thought, but I'd love to see a Miiverse post of Bandana Dee repairing pipes, and sticking out of them you can see like Ridley's tail, Isaac's hair, Chrom's sword, etc;

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I think this post will bring it to 100 Pages.
Or maybe it won't.
:D

Top Bottom