• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I just post that here nobody listens to me on Social
German Announcer

also because this is a Bandana Dee Thread i made a New roster i just put it Here aswell tell me What you Think:
smash update Roster.png

Oracle Link

Smash Master
kinda weird that there's black mage over cloud.

the kirby representation is perfect though.
Yeah the Black mage is the only case where a popular character gets Replaced but a lot of people would prefer him so i just changed it up also in my lego thread i made wave 3 complete and there is a completly new section that is interseting

if anone of you wants a link tell me!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I just post that here nobody listens to me on Social
German Announcer

also because this is a Bandana Dee Thread i made a New roster i just put it Here aswell tell me What you Think:
View attachment 300557
We have threads for that sort of thing:

This might also be close: https://smashboards.com/threads/ssbu-make-your-own-roster-with-a-twist.479562/

There might be other threads that would fit this as well. Also, you removed Splatoon, Pikmin, Xenoblade, ARMS, and Kid Icarus entirely, along with ROB - not sure if that was intentional or if you just forgot about them. (I assume the third party cuts were intentional)

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
We have threads for that sort of thing:

This might also be close: https://smashboards.com/threads/ssbu-make-your-own-roster-with-a-twist.479562/

There might be other threads that would fit this as well. Also, you removed Splatoon, Pikmin, Xenoblade, ARMS, and Kid Icarus entirely, along with ROB - not sure if that was intentional or if you just forgot about them. (I assume the third party cuts were intentional)
i just forgot them i did search for rob but i didnt find the icon! Thanks for the suggestions

Staarih

Smash Master
Wait do we have any Kirby series amiibo yet? I know we have the Smash ones but like, do we have any equivalent to the green-bottom Zelda or red-bottom Mario ones?

Also I support Bandana Dee for Smash, don't think I've acutally made that clear before.
Yeah, they released a Kirby, Dedede, Metaknight and Waddle Dee amiibo as the "Kirby series", I think alongside the release of Robobot for the 3DS.

Morgana J. Cat

Smash Apprentice
Even tho I personally prefer Adeleine, I strongly support Bandanna Waddle Dee. I never understood why so many people are against his inclusion. You’d think people would be far more accepting of an iconic Nintendo series getting another iconic character after so long, specially since Smash is primarily a crossover of Nintendo all-stars.
1612072479337.jpeg

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Even tho I personally prefer Adeleine, I strongly support Bandanna Waddle Dee. I never understood why so many people are against his inclusion. You’d think people would be far more accepting of an iconic Nintendo series getting another iconic character after so long, specially since Smash is primarily a crossover of Nintendo all-stars.
View attachment 301288
No wonder the Smash fandom gets mad every time Fire Emblem gets a new rep but not at Mario and Pokemon which are iconic.
(Trying not to start a fight, talking about Fire Emblem having 8 reps always turns into an argument.)

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
View attachment 301288
because fans are insane

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
View attachment 301288
And it wouldn't hurt for Kirby or Donkey Kong to get a 4th rep as if Fire Emblem can have 8, certainly Kirby and Donkey Kong deserve a 4th rep. Bandana Dee and Dixie Kong are some of the biggest remaining missing Nintendo All Stars that should have been in the roster by now. But most people overlook that and say the remaining Nintendo catalog is scrapping the bottom of the barrel and the only hype choices left are big 3rd party characters which certainly isn't true. People who say that **** are just bandwagoners who will most likely abandon the characters they want after they get in as Nintendo still has a lot of interesting and unique characters left they could pull from their catalog.

Staarih

Smash Master
And it wouldn't hurt for Kirby or Donkey Kong to get a 4th rep as if Fire Emblem can have 8, certainly Kirby and Donkey Kong deserve a 4th rep. Bandana Dee and Dixie Kong are some of the biggest remaining missing Nintendo All Stars that should have been in the roster by now. But most people overlook that and say the remaining Nintendo catalog is scrapping the bottom of the barrel and the only hype choices left are big 3rd party characters which certainly isn't true. People who say that **** are just bandwagoners who will most likely abandon the characters they want after they get in as Nintendo still has a lot of interesting and unique characters left they could pull from their catalog.
Yeah, definitely. Personally, much like with Metroid giving me the feeling of "completion" after getting Ridley (and Dark Samus to top it off), getting Bandana Dee for Kirby and Dixie for DK would likewise make their respective series' playable selection feel "complete".

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Yeah, definitely. Personally, much like with Metroid giving me the feeling of "completion" after getting Ridley (and Dark Samus to top it off), getting Bandana Dee for Kirby and Dixie for DK would likewise make their respective series' playable selection feel "complete".
Exactly. It bothers me sometimes not seeing Dixie and Dee on the character select screen with DK, Diddy, K. Rool, Kirby, Dedede, and Meta Knight. It would be like if Bowser or Peach wasn't in the game or Zelda or Ganondorf. You can feel the absence as it's a strong empty feeling of uncompletion. While this could be said for other franchises as well, DK and Kirby are some of Nintendo's biggest franchises that still don't have one of their most important characters yet. So with the absence of their big characters, it is a bigger notable empty feeling.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
One reason I've seen for FE having a lot of characters is the rotating cast. It's an ongoing series with the cast changing from game to game, so they need different characters to represent different parts of the series. Compare to Kirby where Kirby is in every game, and King Dedede and Meta Knight are in most of the games.
but it’s still not a fair representation of FE, you see if it was a selection of classes from many different games or the major recurring characters then that would be better representation.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
One reason I've seen for FE having a lot of characters is the rotating cast. It's an ongoing series with the cast changing from game to game, so they need different characters to represent different parts of the series. Compare to Kirby where Kirby is in every game, and King Dedede and Meta Knight are in most of the games.
I wonder why Zelda can't even get a newcomer since Brawl for years.
(If Fire Emblem gets new characters, so can the Zelda series, many fans want Skull Kid and Minda who are already Assist Trophies or someone like Pig Ganon.)

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I'm skeptical about additional first party reps currently for the remaining 3 characters in the pass, but if Bandana Dee got in, I would be perfectly okay with his inclusion
Well I'm skeptical about them adding more "hype" reps when Steve would've got everyone and Sephiroth would've got the remaining scragglers.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
they don't need to represent most games in the series, they just choose to. There's no problem with letting some games pass by without a rep, especially with a series that isn't particularly huge

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I don't know, we could still see some major picks like Hayabusa and Crash
Just because they're 2/3 of the only characters Smash fans are focused on now doesn't mean they're guaranteed. We weren't focused on the idea of over half of the DLC fighters we got, now were we?

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
they don't need to represent most games in the series, they just choose to. There's no problem with letting some games pass by without a rep, especially with a series that isn't particularly huge
That, and the Smash promotions have actually hurt the series reputation more than helped with Smash 4 onwards

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Just because they're 2/3 of the only characters Smash fans are focused on now doesn't mean they're guaranteed. We weren't focused on the idea of over half of the DLC fighters we got, now were we?
I mean, while it's totally possible they don't make it

the community frontrunners are chosen for a reason. people didn't just pull names out of a hat.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I mean, while it's totally possible they don't make it

the community frontrunners are chosen for a reason. people didn't just pull names out of a hat.
Oh, I know. Hayabusa had people trying to claim he's leaked, and Crash has people thinking he's a lock due to Switch ports and a preference for platformer mascots.

But Nintendo clearly knows there are other characters worth a **** than just them.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
(If Fire Emblem gets new characters, so can the Zelda series, many fans want Skull Kid and Minda who are already Assist Trophies or someone like Pig Ganon.)
I think it's because it's in a weird in-between in regards to it's cast. In changes settings and characters a lot between games, but it also retains different variants of the same major players; Link, Zelda, and Ganon(dorf). As such, it seems that Sakurai is content with updating the main trio between games and maybe adding a new stage, rather than creating an entirely new character.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I mean
Ganon Dorf, Zelda, Adult Link and a young link make sense

Shiek instead of impa is dumb so is the second young link

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
nah its cause sakurai loves FE more than anything

Top Bottom