• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

JCKirbs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperMushroomU
So What is Bandana Dee's Moveset; His DLC Spirit Board; His Stage; His Music; His Alternate Colorations, His Classic Mode Campaign, etc?

I have a philosophy that if Bandana Dee was to get in as DLC, he would be promoting a new Kirby game. Therefore, the Spirit Board, Stage, and Music would most likely come that game alone. With that in mind, i'll still construct his Moveset, Alternate Colorations, and ideas for his Classic Mode Campaign.

Moveset

Jab - Spear Poke

Bandana Dee delivers a simple, straight-forward poke with his spear.

Rapid Jab - Multispear Attack

Bandana Dee unleashes a flurry of spear jabs ending with one powerful thrust.

Up-Tilt - Parasol Unfurl

Bandana Dee quickly raises his (closed) parasol into the air before allowing it to quickly unfurl and finish the attack.

Side-Tilt - Spear Cutter

Bandana Dee tosses forward a twirling spear from his hand which quickly returns back to him. (This move can also be aimed).

Down-Tilt - Slide

Bandana Dee extends his feet while sliding forward in a common and classic fashion.

Up-Smash - Chumbrella Unfurl

Bandana Dee raises a (closed) Chumbrella over his head before allowing it to unfurl in order to finish the attack.

- As a bonus, by holding the attack button the Chumbrella remains held above Bandana Dee's head; this provides him with increased protection from aerial attacks while rendering him free to move around.

- Walking off ledges will cause him to descend more slowly.

- Once the attack button is released Bandana Dee will release the Chumbrella from his hands, allowing it to float upwards and deal additional damage while encasing the ability to juggle opponents.

- Has a tipper effect.

Side Smash - Spear Thrust

Bandana Dee sends out a powerful thrust with his Spear.

- While charging this move Bandana Dee would twirl the Spear in his hand, dealing additional damage before completing the attack.

- Has a tipper effect.

Down Smash - Super Megaton Punch

Bandana Dee swiftly punches the ground below him, affecting a certain radius around the area of impact.

- Opponents struck with the punch itself will be instantly buried.

- Additionally a pillar of rock will erupt from the ground on both sides of Bandana Dee, launching nearby opponents away.

- These pillars of rock will also protect Bandana Dee from sudden attacks (physical or projectile) from either side of him.

Neutral Air - Spear Twirl

Bandana Dee twirls his spear in front on him.

Up Air - Skyward Thrust

Bandana Dee strikes the air above him with his spear.

Forward Air - Triple Stab

Bandana Dee quickly stabs the air three times to the side with his spear.

Down Air - Moon Drop

Bandana Dee descends while twirling his spear downwards.

Back Air - Waddle Kick

Bandana Dee delivers a strong kick backwards.

Grab

Bandana Dee uses his left hand to grab opponents.

Pummel

Bandana Dee rapidly jabs his opponent with his spear.

Forward Throw - Spear Sweep

Bandana Dee pushes his spear onto his opponent before sweeping them away.

Up Throw- Circus Throw

Bandana Dee uses his parasol to twirl and tumble opponents around before tossing them.

Back Throw - Spear Suplex

Bandana Dee pushes his spear onto an opponent before hauling them backwards and over his head until they slam onto the ground behind him.

Down Throw - Waddle Slam

Bandana Dee throws his opponent onto the ground before jumping up and dropping a punch onto them.

Neutral Special - Waddle Spear Throw

Bandana Dee throws a single spear at an angle.

- Charging the move allows Bandana Dee to perform "Waddle Triple Throw", granting him three spears to throw instead of one.

- Spears temporarIly stick to a surface, allowing them to be picked up and thrown again.

- If Bandana Dee holds a spear in his hand, he will automatically throw two spears with "Waddle Spear Throw" and the charge will be shortened for "Waddle Triple Throw"

Side Special - Aqua Drill

This move allows Bandana Dee to use a combination of moves in a set order as follows:

Aqua Shot - Bandana Dee charges up his parasol to release a ball of water which stuns opponents.

Parasol Drill (activated after pressing the "B" button again) - Bandana Dee rushes forward with an open parasol.

Parasol Swing (activated after holding the "B" button down after activating Parasol Drill) - Bandana Dee's parasol flips inversely and splashes water at his opponents.

OR

Parasol Spin (activated after holding the "B" button down after activating Parasol Drill AND pushing the left stick downwards) - Bandana Dee spins his parasol 360 degress around him.

OR

Parasol Scoop (activated after holding the "B" button down after activating Parasol Drill AND pushing the left stick upwards) - Bandana Dee sweeps his parasol into the sky with an arc.

Up Special - Waddle Copter

Bandana Dee takes to the skies as he twirls his spear over his head like a helicopter blade, causing him to ascend for a certain period of time. Opponents caught in the ascension will potentially be juggled.

Down Special - Ground Thrust

Bandana Dee rushes forward with his spear brushing against the ground, before flicking it upwards to finish the move after he has traveled a certain distance.

Additionally, Bandana Dee can perform other moves with additional inputs as follows:

Spear Vault (activated by pressing the "B" button during Ground Thrust) - Bandana Dee launches himself into the air after dropping his spear.

Spinning Spear Strike (activated by pushing upwards on the left stick during Ground Thrust) - Bandana Dee launches forward at an angle whIle spinning his spear around his body before slamming the spear down to finish.

Reverse Thrust (activated by pushing the left stick in the opposite direction of movement during Ground Thrust) - Bandana Dee quickly shifts directions before traveling at a faster speed in that direction for a shorter distance before the move is completed. (This input cannot be reversed back again).

- These inputs can be combined to format combos.

For example:

Ground Thrust -> Spin Strike -> Spear Vault

OR

Ground Thrust -> Reverse Thrust -> Spin Strike -> Spear Vault

- Inputs would have to be timed correctly in order for certain combos to be achieved.

- Moves like Spear Vault would automatically end a combo.

- When used in the air, the move becomes "Air Thrust", moving Bandana Dee through the air much quickly, along with giving him the ability to automatically activate Spear Vault and spike/meteor opponents if you come in contact with them.

Final Smash - Ultra Megaton Punch (Cinematic)

Bandana Dee summons a boulder-sized Waddle Dee ball which slams into opponents within range, sending them flying to the Megaton Punch Arena.
Bandana Dee is then seen falling from the sky with a flaming fist before striking down on his opponents with an immense force. The camera then pans back into space, revealing that Pop Star was almost completely cracked in half in result of the punch, thus ending the cutscene.

Alternate Colors

- Waddle Doo (Red Bandana w/ Large Eyeball)
- Sailor Waddle Dee (White & Blue Bandana)
- Parasol Waddle Dee (Parasol-Themed Bandana)
- Gold Waddle Dee (Golden Color w/ Sapphire-Colored Bandana)
- Green Bandana Dee (w/ Dark-Green Bandana)
- Cyan Bandana Dee (w/ White Bandana)
- Key Dee (Identical Color Scheme w/ Gold Bandana + Light-Blue Star)

Classic Mode

Perhaps something along the lines of "Helper to Hero" could work as a theme with characters like Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, and Diddy.

Regardless, I would like the Final Battle to be VS. Marx while including the rest of the Kirby characters as allies for the battle.

Last edited:

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Well, I actually meant to edit that post instead of replying to it.
So, now i’m just waiting for it to be deleted at this point since I can’t do it myself.
If I did that, I'd just select all the text and make it just say [deleted] or something. I think it would make it easier for mods and people scrolling through.

Last edited:

JCKirbs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperMushroomU
If I did that, I'd just select all the text and make it just say [deleted] or something. I think it would make it easier for mods and people scrolling through.
Yeah, you probably have a point.
I might as well do that from now on since I know that this won't be the last time it happens.

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
Did y'all see the Kirby JP tweet with the silhouetted group render? because those are new renders in the tweet, so it's possible that there's a new Kirby game on the horizon.
This could maybe be helpful, as if it does mean new Kirby game, and Dee is in the game... well, you know.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Did y'all see the Kirby JP tweet with the silhouetted group render? because those are new renders in the tweet, so it's possible that there's a new Kirby game on the horizon.
This could maybe be helpful, as if it does mean new Kirby game, and Dee is in the game... well, you know.
What's the translation of the text?

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
They revealed the silhouettes, and the Waddle Dee is just a Goomba Dee. As for translations, I think it's just something about the JP-only personality quiz. But the fact that they gave Goomba Dee a new render has me worried Bandana Dee might not be prominent in the next game.

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
They revealed the silhouettes, and the Waddle Dee is just a Goomba Dee. As for translations, I think it's just something about the JP-only personality quiz. But the fact that they gave Goomba Dee a new render has me worried Bandana Dee might not be prominent in the next game.
Every new game has a new Waddle Dee render, but not every new game has a BWD render. For example, Planet Robobot. It could just be that they'll reveal him later,

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Every new game has a new Waddle Dee render, but not every new game has a BWD render. For example, Planet Robobot. It could just be that they'll reveal him later,
There's also no new game tied to the quiz, at least not yet. Besides, I'd argue this actually help BWD's chances. Waddle Dees are prominent figures in the Kirby series; As a Dee himself, BWD would help represent them. Besides, he's also got popularity, modern appearances, and prominence in the series. I'd be very surprised if a regular Dee was chosen over Bandana Dee.

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
There's also no new game tied to the quiz, at least not yet.
Ye, that's what I'm saying. I don't think they'd create brand new renders *just* for a personality quiz, especially when said renders look very alike to ones from other games (I mean that in terms of the shading and detail, not that the renders actually look like past ones). I just don't think they're in a position to reveal a new game just yet.
I'd argue this actually help BWD's chances. Waddle Dees are prominent figures in the Kirby series; As a Dee himself, BWD would help represent them. Besides, he's also got popularity, modern appearances, and prominence in the series. I'd be very surprised if a regular Dee was chosen over Bandana Dee.
Oh I'm not saying they'll choose a regular Waddle over him. I just think that for this group render, they chose a Waddle Dee.

JCKirbs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperMushroomU
Oh I'm not saying they'll choose a regular Waddle over him. I just think that for this group render, they chose a Waddle Dee.
Yeah, there's only one Bandana Dee and he has already been established as a true protagonist since RTDL, which I would think gives him more prominence over a mere lazy, carefree, and indistinguishable Waddle Dee.

11th

Smash Apprentice
Pokelego999 Pokelego999 : The results page for each character/ability in the quiz.

Being the archiving nerd that am, I figured out how to rig the quiz to see each result page and save them to the Wayback Machine. (Also, can I just say that I love how easy they're making it to find old copy ability art at a decent quality -with- trasparency? Thank you, Kirby website staff~ ♪)

PSA, though: A render being "new" doesn't mean it is actually new... a lot of renders are made purely for general promotional use, and these all look like they're in the style of the 3DS games' renders. (ex. Look at how many Mario renders are around. The guy has TONS of them that aren't tied to games.) These probably just stand out because we usually get 2D renders for promotional use.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Pokelego999 Pokelego999 : The results page for each character/ability in the quiz.

Being the archiving nerd that am, I figured out how to rig the quiz to see each result page and save them to the Wayback Machine. (Also, can I just say that I love how easy they're making it to find old copy ability art at a decent quality -with- trasparency? Thank you, Kirby website staff~ ♪)

PSA, though: A render being "new" doesn't mean it is actually new... a lot of renders are made purely for general promotional use, and these all look like they're in the style of the 3DS games' renders. (ex. Look at how many Mario renders are around. The guy has TONS of them that aren't tied to games.) These probably just stand out because we usually get 2D renders for promotional use.
Dang Dedede and Meta Knight look cool.

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
The new Dedede render is fire
I mean, sure it is, good to see they are improving with Dedede's design. Honestly HAL's track record with Dedede's designs is not very good compared to those made by Sakurai.

Meta Knight however I think it has always been fine, Kirby side is more cartoonish and Smash side is more realistic, but sometimes Sakurai makes him too realistic and end up being too edgy for my tastes.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
i never heard anyone use the term hot either
You're not from an English speaking country are you? Calling someone hot is pretty common.

I mean, just look at the updated Prince Ali song from the Aladin remake

It's kinda fascinating how something considered so normal can be completely unheard of elsewhere

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
nope, nobody in scotland speaks english. for obvious reasons
Ahhh, that explains it, you're too busy blowing on your bagpipes, showing off your fancy kilts and competing on who has the angriest looking eyebrows.....

Obviously I'm kidding, please don't throw a log at me for saying all this

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Ahhh, that explains it, you're too busy blowing on your bagpipes, showing off your fancy kilts and competing on who has the angriest looking eyebrows.....

Obviously I'm kidding, please don't throw a log at me for saying all this
ive been kidding since i said id never heard the term "hot"

"fire" was genuine

btw is that a reference to peter capaldi?

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
ive been kidding since i said id never heard the term "hot"

"fire" was genuine

btw is that a reference to peter capaldi?
Yeah, Peter Capaldi is the first person I think of when I think of Scottish people.

I even got a photo with him once, and he signed a book intended as a Christmas present to my brother, when I told it was a Christmas present, he wrote Merry Christmas on it and drew a Dalek!!

And his monologues are perfection, it's what I aspire to with my own acting.

Also I'm glad you clarified because I'm certain there are people on here who genuinely wouldn't know what is meant when someone is called hot.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, Peter Capaldi is the first person I think of when I think of Scottish people.

I even got a photo with him once, and he signed a book intended as a Christmas present to my brother, when I told it was a Christmas present, he wrote Merry Christmas on it and drew a Dalek!!

And his monologues are perfection, it's what I aspire to with my own acting.

Also I'm glad you clarified because I'm certain there are people on here who genuinely wouldn't know what is meant when someone is called hot.
you got to meet him? Lucky. I went to a convention he was at but it far too busy for me to get to see him. Did spot his hair over the crowd.

I don’t think there are many Scottish people who would mind capaldi being the first thing people think of when they think of Scotland

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Capaldi is still my favorite Doctor.
Tennant is probably mine, but I do love Capaldi, didn't at first I'll admit, but he definitely grew on me. And the scenes his in is just amazing. He absolutely steals the show and is 100% worthy of the name Doctor.

Wish I could say the same about the trash Chibnall has been putting out.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Tennant is probably mine, but I do love Capaldi, didn't at first I'll admit, but he definitely grew on me. And the scenes his in is just amazing. He absolutely steals the show and is 100% worthy of the name Doctor.

Wish I could say the same about the trash Chibnall has been putting out.
Don't even get me started on Chibnall. Why did you have to leave Moffat!

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
lol I didn't expect to see people talking about Steven Moffat in a Kirby thread.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I was honestly fine with the Timeless Child retcon. But what I wasn't ok with was the rewriting of lore everywhere else, starting from Gallifrey's destruction in Spyfall Part 2 to the Earth's destruction in Orphan 55.
I was all for the Timeless Child if it was anyone except the Doctor.

In fact it would have been so much cooler if it turned out to the Master instead.

Now all of the doctors sacrificed regenerations feel so pointless. The Masters destruction of Gallifrey feels so petty (and how did he even do it?) It hurts Hartnells legacy and if the Ruth doctor is supposed to predate Hartnell then why does she have a Police Box tardis!!!

Ugh, that finale ruined and otherwise pretty good season (minus orphan 55)

Sorry, Bandana Dee and stuff I know. Let me make this related

Bandana Dee is a Character in Kirby,
Kirby Dreamland 3 had Samus and Metroids
I want a crossover between Metroid and Doctor Who in the prime style.

Play as Samus to fight the enemies of the Doctor.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I was all for the Timeless Child if it was anyone except the Doctor.

Now all of the doctors sacrificed regenerations feel so pointless. The Masters destruction of Gallifrey feels so petty (and how did he even do it?) It hurts Hartnells legacy and if the Ruth doctor is supposed to predate Hartnell then why does she have a Police Box tardis!!!

Ugh, that finale ruined and otherwise pretty good season (minus orphan 55)
this.

although i think would have made more sense if the timeless child was rasalon or omega

we should probably make dr who thread and move there, which part of the forum would be the right place for it?

Top Bottom