• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
I think people want Dixie as an "echo" because they want a Chrom situation: uses Diddy as a base for most of her moves, but takes some specials from Donkey. I mean, his up special did come from her and there are things that come from Diddy that can easily be made into unique moves (Ex: Peanut Popgun can be made into her Bubblegum popgun).

Anyway, as for BWD, one thing I've always feared is yet another technically voiced character to be silent. How did Isabelle, a character who got custom voice clips made for Mario Kart, become entirely silent, even after her trailer had her talking? As far as I can tell, Meta Knight only had a voice actor in the anime before Smash? And the current one he has in Return to Dreamland and onward is very quiet. Like, those are some serious whisper grunts.

Last edited:

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
Bandana Dee having a voice in-game is news to me. I swear he was always being silent or the squeaky sounds were just SFX.
But yeah, he would probably be silent in Smash Bros.
I wish :ultolimar: (Yes he has a voice, example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9YTYmM9OJ8 ) and :ultisabelle: had their voices, it would make their matches more estimulating. And other characters like :ultbowser:, :ultsamus:, :ultdk: and :ultdiddy: are missing some bits of personality by lacking their native game voices.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Bandana Dee having a voice in-game is news to me. I swear he was always being silent or the squeaky sounds were just SFX.
I wish :ultolimar: (Yes he has a voice, example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9YTYmM9OJ8 ) and :ultisabelle: had their voices, it would make their matches more estimulating. And other characters like :ultbowser:, :ultsamus:, :ultdk: and :ultdiddy: are missing some bits of personality by lacking their native game voices.
To be fair, Samus doesn't talk that much anyways. The only time she ever did that regularly was Other M, and, uh...
Yeah.

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
To be fair, Samus doesn't talk that much anyways. The only time she ever did that regularly was Other M, and, uh...
Yeah.
Oh god, anything but Other M.

I think this is the kind of voice Samus should have, sound more alive doesn't she?

Skip to 1:10 for the voice examples.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Oh god, anything but Other M.

I think this is the kind of voice Samus should have, sound more alive doesn't she?

Skip to 1:10 for the voice examples.
Much better than the ZSS voice, that's for sure. I think they were going for the seductive effect, but it just comes off as emotionless. Pair the dissonance of lines and delivery with the already-apparent divide with ZSS and canon Samus, and the end result just comes off as really awkward.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Doesn't BWD use the same voice clips as other Waddle Dees in Battle Royale? It's not really a voice, but it's some form of verbal sound.

Royalty1702

Smash Journeyman
I feel like I should cop the Waddle Dee one and put on a blue bandana. What do you guys think?
img_facemask_sp_02.png

SharkLord

Smash Hero

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
So is that becoming the official Copy Hat for Spear? Not that I would complain tho....
However.... Whispy Woods Kirby is something I never thought of in my entire life and now it's there.... I feel dumb.

View attachment 277708
I can't help but wonder if this will go anywhere or if it's just for fun. As mentioned above, there's some hats that don't match up with any hats of characters, like the samurai with a topknot and a cowboy Kirby with a gun.

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
I can't help but wonder if this will go anywhere or if it's just for fun. As mentioned above, there's some hats that don't match up with any hats of characters, like the samurai with a topknot and a cowboy Kirby with a gun.
If you know your Kirby history, then those are easy to identify.
Being a long time fan really pays off with all those artworks that reference past stuff.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
If you know your Kirby history, then those are easy to identify.
Being a long time fan really pays off with all those artworks that reference past stuff.

Oh.
Oh.
It seems my brain cells have emptied themselves on Kirby. I've admittedly kinda drifted away from Kirby as of late, since there hasn't been a major release to drag me back in as of late. Hopefully something is done about that soon...

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
Oh.
Oh.
It seems my brain cells have emptied themselves on Kirby. I've admittedly kinda drifted away from Kirby as of late, since there hasn't been a major release to drag me back in as of late. Hopefully something is done about that soon...
To be fair, I have replayed Nightmare on Dreamland and Superstar Ultra multiple times (Maybe you want to give them a replay, specially to Superstar Ultra, it's not that long). If you ask me for Squeak Squad and The Amazing Mirror my braincells would have suffered a shut down as well.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
To be fair, I have replayed Nightmare on Dreamland and Superstar Ultra multiple times (Maybe you want to give them a replay, specially to Superstar Ultra, it's not that long). If you ask me for Squeak Squad and The Amazing Mirror my braincells would have suffered a shut down as well.
Same with me, but it's Kirby as a whole. Haven't played since my Amazing Mirror Cartridge broke. I'm still irked off about that. I had a 99% complete save file. 1 chest and I could get Boss Endurance. But nope, it had to break.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Same with me, but it's Kirby as a whole. Haven't played since my Amazing Mirror Cartridge broke. I'm still irked off about that. I had a 99% complete save file. 1 chest and I could get Boss Endurance. But nope, it had to break.
completely off topic but id like to complement you on your klinklang avatar

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So did any of you enjoy Ultra more than the original Superstar? I certainly did. Ultra had more modes, more chapters, you could play as Meta Knight, ect. It is a fantastic remake probably one of the best remakes I have ever played.

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
So did any of you enjoy Ultra more than the original Superstar? I certainly did. Ultra had more modes, more chapters, you could play as Meta Knight, ect. It is a fantastic remake probably one of the best remakes I have ever played.
It's pretty much universally agreed that Ultra made the original Super Star obsolete.
Ultra has literally everything the original had plus many new stories that became the founding stone of the new era of Kirby.
A True Arena with a Soul version of the final boss, extra mode with a different playable character (It wasn't new but it became consistent from here), the debut of Galacta Knight as a secret boss, the end of Kirby and Dedede's confrontations that culminated with Masked Dedede, and of course, the first important role of the precious Bandana boy.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
but why is it called return to dreamland? hes already in dreamland
It was the first mainline console Kirby title in a long time.

Plus it went great along with Donkey Kong Country Returns.

MattX20

Smash Hero
On the bright side of things, if there are more bonus DLC characters ala Piranha Plant, Dee's one of the strongest potential candidates. I mean, there would be little hassle in adding him in

Top Bottom