• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
They called Return to Dream Land Kirby's Adventure Wii? Goddamn
Squeak Squad was Mouse Attack.

And Dreamland 3 and Dream Collection just doesn't exist (the latter especially really pissed me off, I tried to import but was greeted by region locking.)

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

And Dreamland 3 and Dream Collection just doesn't exist (the latter especially really pissed me off, I tried to import but was greeted by region locking.)
Mouse Attack is at least kind of a cool name. No exports really sucks though, didn't even know the Wii was region locked.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Mouse Attack is at least kind of a cool name. No exports really sucks though, didn't even know the Wii was region locked.
I was still pretty new to Kirby at the time. I had only played Air Ride, Squeak Squad and Adventure Wii (for some reason I actually owned Squeak Squad, not mouse attack)

But I was in love, and I wanted to experience the rest of the series, and thought this was the best way. Didn't exactly go to plan.

To this day, I still haven't played the original Kirby's Dreamland or Dream Land 2.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

What so Dream Collection wasn't released in Australia or the PAL regions?

To this day, I still haven't played the original Kirby's Dreamland or Dream Land 2.
Both of those titles were in Dream Collection along with other other Kirby games up until Crystal Shards. I haven't played Dream Land 2 yet, but I have heard it's one of the best games in the series.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
If you've played Spring Breeze in Kirby Super Star, you've basically played Kirby's Dream Land 1. It's not a complete remake, but it's pretty close.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
If you've played Spring Breeze in Kirby Super Star, you've basically played Kirby's Dream Land 1. It's not a complete remake, but it's pretty close.
I've heard, which is why I haven't gone out of my way to get it, like I did with 64, Dreamland 3, superstar Ultra and Adventure.

Still need to get Dreamland 2 off the 3DS eventually though

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
So did any of you enjoy Ultra more than the original Superstar? I certainly did. Ultra had more modes, more chapters, you could play as Meta Knight, ect. It is a fantastic remake probably one of the best remakes I have ever played.
It's pretty much universally agreed that Ultra made the original Super Star obsolete.
Ultra has literally everything the original had plus many new stories that became the founding stone of the new era of Kirby.
A True Arena with a Soul version of the final boss, extra mode with a different playable character (It wasn't new but it became consistent from here), the debut of Galacta Knight as a secret boss, the end of Kirby and Dedede's confrontations that culminated with Masked Dedede, and of course, the first important role of the precious Bandana boy.
Personally, the only thing I feel like SNES Super Star had over Ultra was the music quality of the tracks in both games. For example, SNES Gourmet Race sounds far better than DS Gourmet Race, and so on. The tracks specifically composed for Ultra though (Galacta Knight, Masked Dedede, and my personal favourite, Kabula) are straight fire (although Galacta Knight and Masked Dedede have been done better since, in Return to Dream Land & Triple Deluxe, respectively).

Also man. I've been supporting Bandana Dee for Smash for almost five years on here. Man that makes me feel old.
:193:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I know Bandana Waddle Dee doesn't need a huge gimmick...

But if you had to give him the most gimmicky moveset possible (while still being true to the character) what would it be?

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton

But if you had to give him the most gimmicky moveset possible (while still being true to the character) what would it be?
He has a helper by his side all the time, they can act independently, but can also warp to Bandana Dee to perform specific moves.

The helper can also be swapped out for a bunch of different helpers, each with their own moves.

Zem-raj

Smash Hero

I would say incorporate the enhancement ability from Kirby Star Allies, where he could add an elemental power to his spear to make it stronger. In Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, it would work similarly to "Pocket" used by Villager and Isabelle, but instead of throwing elemental projectiles back at opponents, he can add them to his spear instead. His spear becomes "____ spear" like in Kirby Star Allies and has elemental properties.

Blizzard Spear
Gained from:
:ulticeclimbers: Ice Shot
:ultlucas: PK Freeze

Bluster Spear
Gained from:
:ultpit: Palutena Bow
:ultdarkpit: Silver Bow
:ultivysaur: Razor Leaf
:ultmegaman: Leaf Shield
:ultmegaman: Air Shooter (Up Aerial)
:ultswordfighter: Gale Strike
:ultrobin: Elwind
:ultryu: Hadoken
:ultken: Hadoken
:ultcloud: Blade Beam
:ulthero: Woosh | Swoosh | Kaswoosh
:ult_terry: Power Wave
:ultbyleth: Failnaught

Sizzle Spear
Gained from:
:ultmario: Fireball
:ultluigi: Fireball
:ultness: PK Fire
:ultbowser: Fire Breath
:ultzelda: Din's Fire
:ultyounglink: Fire Arrow
:ultcharizard: Flamethrower
:ultlucas: PK Fire
:ultrobin: Arc Fire
:ultryu: Shakunetsu Hadoken
:ultridley: Plasma Breath
:ultjoker: Eiha | Eigaon
:ulthero: Frizz | Frizzle | Kafrizz
:ulthero: Sizz (Command Selection)
:ulthero: Sizzle (Command Selection)
:ulthero: Bang (Command Selection)
:ulthero: Kaboom (Command Selection)

Splash Spear
Gained from:
:ultmario: F.L.U.D.D.
:ultsquirtle: Water Gun
:ultvillager: Timber (Water)
:ultgreninja: Water Shuriken
:ultpacman: Fire Hydrant
:ultinkling: Splattershot

Zap Spear
Gained from:
:ultsamus: Charge Shot
:ultdarksamus: Charge Shot
:ultfox: Blaster
:ultness: PK Thunder
:ultpikachu: Thunder Jolt
:ultpichu: Thunder Jolt
:ultfalco: Blaster
:ultmewtwo: Shadow Ball
:ultzss: Paralyzer
:ultlucas: PK Thunder
:ultlucario: Aura Sphere
:ultrob: Robo Beam
:ultwolf: Blaster
:ultwiifittrainer: Sun Salutation
:ultgunner: Charge Blast
:ultrobin: Thunder
:ultcorrinf: Dragon Fang Shot
:ulthero: Zap | Zapple | Kazap

Only one of these can be used at a time, much like with Kirby's hats.

You have to get rid of the Spear type in order to gain a new one.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I would say incorporate the enhancement ability from Kirby Star Allies, where he could add an elemental power to his spear to make it stronger. In Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, it would work similarly to "Pocket" used by Villager and Isabelle, but instead of throwing elemental projectiles back at opponents, he can add them to his spear instead. His spear becomes "____ spear" like in Kirby Star Allies and has elemental properties.

Blizzard Spear
Gained from:

Bluster Spear
Gained from:

Sizzle Spear
Gained from:

Splash Spear
Gained from:

Zap Spear
Gained from:

thered be a cruel irony in getting water powers from the inklings

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

Blizzard Spear
Gained from:

Bluster Spear
Gained from:

Sizzle Spear
Gained from:

Splash Spear
Gained from:

Zap Spear
Gained from:

Fun as this sounds, seems a bit too specific for my liking (considering there’s only two ice-based specials in the whole game). I think it should be more along the lines of Shulk’s Monado Arts.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Fun as this sounds, seems a bit too specific for my liking (considering there’s only two ice-based specials in the whole game). I think it should be more along the lines of Shulk’s Monado Arts.
Agreed. I never liked the Kirby movesets with general abilities for multiple characters; It just sounded odd and unnecessarily complicated. A stance system would fit a lot more smoothly.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero

What’s more gimmickier than a meter?

Two meters!

First is a meter that gives him a Parasol or something or like a Beam wand zappy stuff.
Second meter is for Megaton Punch.

Meh, haven’t thought about it much.

One thing you could do is have him dual wield a spear and a parasol and make some sort of phalanx-hijinx with that.

Last edited:

JCKirbs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperMushroomU

Originally, I thought that he could use Elemental Powers (activated under certain conditions), but it was argued that since those powers don't belong specifically to Bandana Dee, along with the powers themselves potentially not carrying over to the next Kirby game, they weren't viable.

Then, I thought that giving him an ally/assistant would be pretty neat, but then I realized that tag-team characters like Nana and Luma have always functioned as weaker/easily disposable units when compared/separated from the main fighters.
So, even if Dee had an ultimate supply of allies, I could imagine that they could be easily dealt with to the point of being unnecessary.

So, perhaps he could swap between using a Spear and a Parasol (using Down-B), thus practically giving him two full movesets.

But, ultimately I think I could make a viable and interesting moveset for B. Dee without a gimmick after thinking about it for a while.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Originally, I thought that he could use Elemental Powers (activated under certain conditions), but it was argued that since those powers don't belong specifically to Bandana Dee, along with the powers themselves potentially not carrying over to the next Kirby game, they weren't viable.

Then, I thought that giving him an ally/assistant would be pretty neat, but then I realized that tag-team characters like Nana and Luma have always functioned as weaker/easily disposable units when compared/separated from the main fighters.
So, even if Dee had an ultimate supply of allies, I could imagine that they could be easily dealt with to the point of being unnecessary.

So, perhaps he could swap between using a Spear and a Parasol (using Down-B), thus practically giving him two full movesets.

But, ultimately I think I could make a viable and interesting moveset for B. Dee without a gimmick after thinking about it for a while.
Yeah, BWD's a more simplistic character without any real gimmicks, kinda like Banjo and Ridley (And no, I don't really count Wonderwing as a gimmick). Crazy unique movesets are positively delightful, but a fighter doesn't need one to be fun or valid.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
how about a meter that fills only every second match?
A meter that fills up as you deal damage, but there's also a second meter that can only be filled by manually transferring points from the first meter to the second. Both result in a powerful transformation, but the first can be entered and exited at will, and the second locks you in until the gauge runs out. Get what I'm pointing at?

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
A meter that fills up as you deal damage, but there's also a second meter that can only be filled by manually transferring points from the first meter to the second. Both result in a powerful transformation, but the first can be entered and exited at will, and the second locks you in until the gauge runs out. Get what I'm pointing at?
Isn’t this Young Link’s moveset in Hyrule Warriors?

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Isn’t this Young Link’s moveset in Hyrule Warriors?
Actually, it's supposed to be Dante in DMCV, with normal Devil Trigger and Sin Devil Trigger. Keep in mind he also has to juggle four different melee weapons, four different ranged weapons, and four different styles. In general, he's pretty complicated.

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
So What is Bandana Dee's Moveset; His DLC Spirit Board; His Stage; His Music; His Alternate Colorations, His Classic Mode Campaign, etc?

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
So What is Bandana Dee's Moveset; His DLC Spirit Board; His Stage; His Music; His Alternate Colorations, His Classic Mode Campaign, etc?
I might give a try:
super_smash_bros__ultimate_moveset_template_by_lkgamingart_dd377iv-pre (3).png

He would have a gimmick with elemental powers.
413px-Template thing (1).jpg

This stage would be pretty big, just like Great Cave and Palutena's Temple.
1. Default
2. Player 2 (Yellow)
3. Player 3 (Blue)
4. Player 4 (Green)
5. Kirby
6. Super Star Palette
7. Sailor Hat
8. Cafe Outfit
Bandana Dee: Friends along the Way!
(Kirby is Dee's ally in all rounds.)
Round 1: Mario & Luigi
Round 2: Marth & Lucina
Round 3: Donkey & Diddy
Round 4: Bowser & Junior
Round 5: Dedede & Meta Knight
Bonus
Boss:
Marx
(Dedede and Meta Knight join alongside Kirby and Dee for Marx.)
Here you go, tried my best.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I posted my ideas for his moveset, palette swaps, and stage here. As for the others, his spirit board could be characters from non-Sakurai-developed games whose spirits are conspicuously absent - Adeleine and Ribbon, Dark Meta Knight, Taranza (all using artwork from Star Allies), Morpho Knight, Void Termina, President Haltmann, Zero (and/or Zero Two), Lololo and Lalala, etc., along with any Kirby spirits that didn't get spirit battles, like how Min Min's update added spirit battles for Ribbon Girl and Ninjara when they were summon-exclusive previously.

As for music, there's plenty of Kirby music that hasn't been included. For example, there's Dedede's Royal Payback, the Greatest Warrior in the Galaxy, and so on.

For a classic mode, there are plenty of options - three that come to mind are small and adorable player characters (Pichu, Kirby, etc.), fights based around friendship (vs. Duck Hunt, team up with Kirby against Mario and Luigi, team up with Kirby/Dedede/Meta Knight against Master Hand and Crazy Hand), or people with unusual weapons (Corrin, Dedede, some of the Mii costumes, etc.).

Last edited:

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
Most basic attacks would use his spear or his fist/feet. The only moves that would use something else are his forward, back and up throws which would all use the Parasol for a Circus Throw-like attack (down throw would be like Ryu/Ken's as a small Megaton Punch reference), that mostly look the same like Game & Watch's throws.
Specials would be: Neutral-B: Spear Throw. The most obvious choice. Can be charged up to release three spears.
Side-B: this is a bit of a tough one if limited to just the spear, but if using Parasol or Beam Wand (like SSF2) then it could be the Parasol Drill or the Cycle Beam.
Up-B: Spearcopter. The most logical choice, it's be like Plant's and K. Rool's up-b.
Down-B: if using the elemental gimmick, this could be used to cycle between elements a la Min Min's ARM. Fire, Zap and Ice were my ideas if limited to three. For example, if you did Fire Spear Throw, it'd set the ground around the spears on fire, making it harder to traverse the ground (it's use flinchless damaging hitboxes for the fire on the ground, for stage control), Zap Spear Throw could cause vertical electricity pillars to come out of the spears when they hit the ground that were low knockback but would deter aerial approaches, and would stun for a short period if hit directly by the spear. Ice Spear Throw would cause a small ice shard to form around the spears in the ground, which could freeze at higher percentages, and would also freeze on a direct impact of the tip.
Final Smash: has to be Megaton Punch.
Most spirits here would be those of Kirby characters not represented in the base game. Adeline & Ribbon (Inkling and probably a tiny Palutena for Ribbon, like the Elline fight), Taranza (likely Robin, similar to the Magolor spirit), Dark Meta Knight (do I really have to say), Hyness (would probably also be Robin tbh), Star Dream (Giant ROB), President Haltmann (Isabelle, like the Susie fight, then Metal Wario for Haltmann himself), etc.
There are a lot of options here, and it's probably the hardest one here. Stuff like the Megaton Punch Stadium (although we just got a stadium with Min Min), a proper Dedede's Castle, Another Dimension, etc. A lot of ideas.
(bold indicates new remixes, italics indicate possible remixes)
Megaton Punch
Song of Apple Juice (The Apple Juice Song)/Apple Harvest
Some version of Masked Dedede's theme (hopefully Dedede's Royal Payback)
Galacta Knight

The Star Conquering Traveller (medley)
Super Kirby Clash tracks (nearly anything from this game works, although my bias favourites are Ordeal of the Masked King, King D. Mind, Pres. Parallel Susie, Aeon Hero Light/Dark and Ordeal (Electric))
Star Dream (medley)
Hyper Zone medley
Hyness' theme
Something from Rainbow Curse
Dededestroyer Z
Base
Yellow alt
Green alt
Blue alt
Purple alt
SNES colour alt (based on his SNES look, like Kirby and Dedede's GB look and MK's Adventure look)
These next two vary slightly depending on if w you want BWD to represent himself, or Waddle Dees as a whole):

Sailor Dee-inspired alt if just BWD (the bandana is the same colour as Sailor Dee's hat, with the symbol on it too), or Sailor Waddle Dee hat if repping WD as a whole
Café Waddle Dee-inspired alt if just BWD (the bandana is the same colour as the Café hat), or Café Waddle Dee hat and apron if repping WD as a whole
Lot of ideas here. He could have a route like Diddy Kong, or he could have one inspired by the lyrics of the Apple Juice Song where he fights stronger and stronger opponents, starting out with someone who is canonically weak (ie, Pichu/Pikachu) and with his final battle being against someone like Sonic, Bayonetta or Kirby, with his boss being Marx (because we need more Marx battlers, and it's a Kirby boss).
Those are my ideas.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Well, I made this a while back.
Welp, here's my Bandana Dee moveset

Bandana Waddle Dee is a relatively simple character, keeping in line with Kirby's easy, casual gameplay. Much like how Kirby is a beginner-friendly character in general, Bandana Dee is a beginner-friendly zoner. He's fairly mobile, with decent speed both on the ground and in the air. He fights with his trusty spear, which sometimes doubles up as a parasol. As a result, he has decently long disjoints, which makes him stand out from the other small characters, which mostly fight at close range. However, he suffers from being light and easy to launch, and his range is balanced by his so-so damage output and middling combo potential.

Attributes:
While Bandana Dee lacks any real gimmicks, he does have a handful of noteworthy attributes.
  • Much like Marth's Falchion, Bandana Dee's spear has a sweetspot at the end.
  • Bandana Dee's parasol attacks (Up smash, back air, and down special) can reflect projectiles.
  • Bandana Dee has access to a back tilt as well as a forward tilt, based on his Back Thrust attack.
Normals
  • Jab-Bandana Dee swings his spear inwards, then outwards, followed by a thrust.
  • Flurry Attack-Bandana Dee rapidly stabs forward, finishing with a final thrust.
  • Forward Tilt-Bandana Dee jabs his spear forward twice. Resembles Joker's side tilt, but with a spear.
  • Back Tilt (Back Thrust)-Bandana Dee thrusts his spear behind him. Deals less damage, but has the longest range of all his ground attacks.
  • Up Tilt-Bandana Dee thrusts his spear upwards.
  • Down Tilt-A slide kick.
  • Dash Attack-A rushing stab.
Smash Attacks
  • Side Smash-Bandana Dee twirls his spear, then stabs forward.
  • Up Smash-Bandana Dee unfurls his parasol, then spins it above his head.
  • Down Smash-Bandana Dee spins his spear around himself on the ground.
Aerials
  • Neutral Aerial-Bandana Dee twirls his spear around himself like a fan.
  • Forward Aerial-Bandana Dee swings his spear in front of him. Resembles Byleth's forward aerial.
  • Back Aerial-Bandana Dee holds his parasol behind himself as it spins.
  • Up Aerial-Bandana Dee twirls his spear twirls his spear as he stabs upwards.
  • Down Air (Moon Drop)-A falling stab.
Throws
  • Grab-Bandana Dee grabs the opponent.
  • Pummel-Bandana Dee jabs the opponent.
  • Forward Throw-Bandana Dee throws the opponent like a spear.
  • Back Throw-A back drop. Resembles Kirby's back throw.
  • Up Throw (Circus Throw)-Bandana Dee juggles the opponent above his head with his parasol, then tosses them upwards.
  • Down Throw (Megaton Punch)-Bandana Dee jumps up and punches the opponent. Buries opponents.
Specials
  • Neutral Special (Spear Throw)-Bandana Dee throws his spear. Charging it will increase the power, distance amount of spears thrown, maxing out at three.
  • Side Special (Ground Spear)-Bandana Dee stabs his spear into the ground, then rushes forward, finishing with and upwards flick. Pressing the button in the middle of the attack will cause him to do a pole-vault instead. In the air, he just swings the spear vertically in front of himself, like Byleth's side special.
  • Up Special (Waddle Copter)-Bandana Dee spins his spear above his head, propelling him into the air. Can be charged to increase distance. After entering freefall, he slowly spins the spear above his head, damaging anyone who touches it.
  • Down Special (Parasol Drill)-Bandana Dee rushes forwards, parasol outstretched. This reflects any projectile that it hits. In the air, he spins the parasol below himself, acting as a barrier for any anti-air attacks.
  • Final Smash (Waddle Dee Army)-Bandana Dee calls forth an army of Waddle Dees, Waddle Doos, and various other Kirby enemies to assault the stage. Effectively the same as Dedede's Brawl Final Smash.
As I've mentioned here multiple times before, I think Planet Earthfall would be nice. It would fit him pretty well aesthetically, due to the orange colors and the fall theme, which fits in with the Song of Apple Juice (AKA his canonical theme). Plus, it's the first new planet you reach in Star Allies, and it would generally look pleasing to look at. As for the Spirits:
  • Taranza
  • Adeleine
    • Adeleine and Ribbon
  • Dark Meta Knight
  • Masked Dedede
  • Queen Sectonia
  • Hyness
  • President Haltmann
  • Zero
  • Galacta Knight
I was aiming for a smaller board, since Kirby has some odd omissions, but it's generally got a large amount of Spirits. Min Min's board showed that base game Spirits could be grouped in with the board, so I added Masked Dedede, Queen Sectonia, and Galacta Knight since they lack both their themes and a proper Spirit Battle. I'll make a list of songs later.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Here's my hat in the ring:
Intro: Bandana Dee flies in on his parasol.

Stance/Idle 1: His idle animation from Return to Dream Land onwards.
Idle 2: Bandana Dee stretches his arms.
Idle 3: Bandana Dee admiringly glances at his spear.

Notable Palette Swaps:
-Bandana Dee (Dee-fault)
-King Dedede (Yellow/Red; wears the Spear ability hat)
-Meta Knight (Purple; wears the Waddle Dee’s sailor hat from Meta Knight’s Revenge)
-Gooey and Kirby (Blue with a pink bandana)
-Landia (Red with a Master Crown look-alike)
-Magolor (Cyan; wears Magolor’s hat)
-Galacta Knight (Pink with white face)
-Whispy Woods (Green; wears the Leaf ability hat)

Walk: Bandana Dee tiptoes.
Jog: His walk from the modern Kirby games.
Dash: His dash from the modern Kirby games.

Damage: His damage animation from the modern Kirby games.

Jump: His jump from the modern Kirby games; like the rest of the Kirby roster, Bandana Dee can jump up to six times. However, he is shown slowly falling down with a sloppy posture each jump.

Crouch: His crouch from the modern Kirby games.

Weapon of Choice: Bandana Dee always fights with his trusty spear, but he can also use a parasol and elemental magic as well.

Normal Attacks
Jab: Multispear Thrust; Waddle Dee slashes twice (6%, small knockback), and flurries with multiple spear thrusts (2-3% each, small knockback), and finishes with a straight jab (7%, OK knockback)
Forward+A: Spear Thrust; Bandana Dee thrusts his spear straight forward (8%, OK knockback)
Down+A: Slide; Bandana Dee slides across the ground (5%, small knockback)
Up+A: Skyward Thrust; Bandana Dee thrusts his spear upwards (7%, OK knockback)

Aerial Attacks
Air+A: Bandana Dee rapidly spins his spear (9%, OK knockback)
Air Forward+A: Waddle Spear Barrage; Bandana Dee throws two spears in front of him (6% each, small knockback)
Air Back + A: Back Thrust; Bandana Dee thrusts his spear behind him (10%, OK knockback)
Air Up+A: Parasol Twirl; Bandana Dee twirls his parasol (11%, OK knockback); he can also glide with it by holding Up, somewhat like Peach’s, only it deals no damage.
Air Down+A: Moon Drop; Bandana Dee briefly spins his spear, and then drops down (13% with a meteor effect, OK knockback); he gets pushed up when he makes contact, just like the Links.

Dash Attack: Ground Thrust; Bandana Dee dashes a long distance and runs his spear through the ground, thrusting upwards at the end (12%, OK knockback)
Edge Attack: Bandana Dee thrusts on the edge (9%, OK knockback)
Get-Up Attack: Bandana Dee spins on the ground (8%, OK knockback)

Smash Moves
Forward+A: Aqua Shot; Bandana Dee flaps his parasol as water spouts out of it (16%, OK knockback)
Up+A: Chumbrella; Bandana Dee expands his parasol greatly (18%, medium knockback)
Down+A: Parasol Twirl; Bandana Dee spins his parasol on the ground as winds comes out of it (19%, medium knockback)

Grab: Bandana Dee summons a Beam with his spear.
Pummel: Bandana Dee stabs the target with his spear (2%)
Forwards+Throw: Capture Beam; Bandana Dee shoots a full Beam diagonally upwards in his direction (14%, OK knockback)
Down+Throw: Bandana Dee stabs the target into a burial (15%)
Back+Throw: Bandana Dee lifts up the target with his spear and tosses them behind himself (14%, OK knockback)
Up+Throw: Circus Throw; Bandana Dee spins the target around on his parasol and chucks them upwards (11%, OK knockback)

Special Moves
B : Power Effect; Bandana Dee selects one element from a menu to effect his attacks. The selection is like Shulk’s Monado Arts, in which Bandana Dee can switch elements on the fly.
B + Forwards : Spear Throw; Bandana Dee throws one spear at a time when B is tapped (5% each, small knockback). When B is held, Bandana Dee charges, and can either throw two (6% each, small knockback) or three at a time (8% each, small knockback)
B + Up : Waddle Copter; Bandana Dee flies around using his spear as a helicopter (21%, medium knockback); when used on the ground, the player has complete control of Bandana Dee’s flight, in which he can go in all 8 directions.
B + Down : Friend Summon; Bandana Dee throws a heart that summons one of two friends: Waddle Doo and Bronto Burt. Bronto Burt charges into enemies (4%, small knockback), while Waddle Doo uses his Beam ability (12%, OK knockback)

Final Smash: Ball of Waddle Dees; Bandana Dee summons another Waddle Dee to tackle opponents; up to 4 at a time (9%). In a cutscene, Bandana Dee looks behind him and sees a huge Waddle Dee ball coming his way. He makes a break for it as the oppoents are squished by the ball (55%, devastating knockback).

Gimmick: Power Effect Elements
-Blizzard: Attacks are slightly slower, but combos can sometimes freeze a target
-Bluster: Attacks are quicker and the attack power is multiplied by 1.2x, but with more endlag
-Sizzle: Targets could have a lingering fire effect that slowly raises damage, but Bandana Dee’s damage slowly rises the longer he’s left idle
-Splash: Bandana Dee is slower and so are his attacks, but the power is multiplied by 1.4x
-Zap: Attack power slowly increases with each combo (up to 1.5x), but Bandana Dee’s damage slowly rises little by little

Taunts
1: Bandana Dee looks around him, mimicking his artwork from Return to Dream Land.
2: Bandana Dee happily waves his arms.
1+2: Bandana Dee falls asleep, thinking about an apple.

Winposes
1: Bandana Dee’s win pose from the Megaton Punch minigame.
2: Bandana Dee spins his spear and raises it upwards, mimicking his summon animation from Star Allies.
3: Bandana Dee spins his spear and triumphantly plants the bottom end on the ground.

Applause: Bandana Dee’s losing animation from the Megaton Punch minigame.

Icon: Kirby series icon

Boxing Ring Title: Hero Among Waddle Dees

Victory Music: youtu.be/CEIwsGXvwfU

Kirby Hat: Bandana Dee’s…well, Bandana. However, Kirby only imitates Bandana Dee’s Side B.
JK couldn't think of one
Mt. Dedede.png

Game of Origin: Kirby’s Dream Land (1991)*
*Aesthetically based on its appearance in Kirby: Star Allies (2018)

Description: This is where King Dedede’s strongest minions gather! Are you brave enough to survive their onslaught while focusing on the other fighters?

Layout: Above the floor are two platforms on the upper left and right and a central platform in the middle.

Gimmicks and Hazards: Three of the four normal bosses from Kirby’s Dream Land, as well as a boss from Kirby’s Adventure, appear every now and then from a door in each corner of the stage.

-Whispy Woods appears from a door on the bottom left, appearing only on the bottom while his leafy half appears through one of the two upper platforms. As always, he blows air out of his mouth (2%, small knockback) and throws apples at the fighters (5%, small knockback); the apples can sometimes bounce off the central platform.

-Lololo and Lalala appear from a door on the top left. Each one appears on two opposite corners of the castle, pushing giant blocks to push fighters towards the blast zone. The central platform expands and gets moved in between the two top platforms.

-Kracko appears from a door on the bottom right. He shoots two electric beams around his eye (11% each, OK knockback) and summons a Waddle Doo to shoot a weaker beam (7%, small knockback). The central platform completely disappears when Kracko’s on screen.

-Paint Roller appears from a door on the top right, and each door turns into a drawing board on an easel. Paint Roller rolls around on his skates, drawing up items and throwing them onto the battlefield. He can bump fighters as he’s rolling along (6%-8%, OK knockback) without even flinching.

Music: All the Kirby series music (couldn't think of more tracks to add)

Main Theme: Mt. Dedede (Kirby’s Dream Land; New Remix)
Alt. Theme: King Dedede’s Theme (for 3DS/ Wii U)

Battlefield/Ω Form: The Ω form is the floor of the castle. The Battlefield form platforms are based on the central platforms.
(Fights against characters derived from a species; nearly every single round is a horde battle)
Round 1: :ultyoshi:x18 on Super Happy Tree (Yoshi’s Story (64))
Round 2: :ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff::ultpichu:x9 (x3 each) on Saffron City (Battle! Wild Pokémon (Diamond/Pearl))
Round 3: Mr. Game & Watch x7 on Find Mii (Underworld)
Round 4: :ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultcharizard: on :ps2: (Battle! Wild Pokémon (Ruby/Sapphire))
Round 5: :ultmiifighters:x12 (x4 :ultbrawler:, x4 :ultswordfighter:, and x4 :ultgunner:) on :halberd: (Battlefield) (Butter Building (Brawl))
Round 6: :ultinkling::ultinklingboy:x8 on Moray Towers (Splattack! (Remix))
Final Round: Rathalos (team battle w/:ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultkingdedede:; The World to Win)

Well, I made this a while back.

As I've mentioned here multiple times before, I think Planet Earthfall would be nice. It would fit him pretty well aesthetically, due to the orange colors and the fall theme, which fits in with the Song of Apple Juice (AKA his canonical theme). Plus, it's the first new planet you reach in Star Allies, and it would generally look pleasing to look at. As for the Spirits:
  • Taranza
  • Adeleine
    • Adeleine and Ribbon
  • Dark Meta Knight
  • Masked Dedede
  • Queen Sectonia
  • Hyness
  • President Haltmann
  • Zero
  • Galacta Knight
I was aiming for a smaller board, since Kirby has some odd omissions, but it's generally got a large amount of Spirits. Min Min's board showed that base game Spirits could be grouped in with the board, so I added Masked Dedede, Queen Sectonia, and Galacta Knight since they lack both their themes and a proper Spirit Battle. I'll make a list of songs later.
Didn't you also do a Classic Mode for Dee in the Classic Mode thread? Page 15, I think.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Here's my hat in the ring:
Intro: Bandana Dee flies in on his parasol.

Stance/Idle 1: His idle animation from Return to Dream Land onwards.
Idle 2: Bandana Dee stretches his arms.
Idle 3: Bandana Dee admiringly glances at his spear.

Notable Palette Swaps:
-Bandana Dee (Dee-fault)
-King Dedede (Yellow/Red; wears the Spear ability hat)
-Meta Knight (Purple; wears the Waddle Dee’s sailor hat from Meta Knight’s Revenge)
-Gooey and Kirby (Blue with a pink bandana)
-Landia (Red with a Master Crown look-alike)
-Magolor (Cyan; wears Magolor’s hat)
-Galacta Knight (Pink with white face)
-Whispy Woods (Green; wears the Leaf ability hat)

Walk: Bandana Dee tiptoes.
Jog: His walk from the modern Kirby games.
Dash: His dash from the modern Kirby games.

Damage: His damage animation from the modern Kirby games.

Jump: His jump from the modern Kirby games; like the rest of the Kirby roster, Bandana Dee can jump up to six times. However, he is shown slowly falling down with a sloppy posture each jump.

Crouch: His crouch from the modern Kirby games.

Weapon of Choice: Bandana Dee always fights with his trusty spear, but he can also use a parasol and elemental magic as well.

Normal Attacks
Jab: Multispear Thrust; Waddle Dee slashes twice (6%, small knockback), and flurries with multiple spear thrusts (2-3% each, small knockback), and finishes with a straight jab (7%, OK knockback)
Forward+A: Spear Thrust; Bandana Dee thrusts his spear straight forward (8%, OK knockback)
Down+A: Slide; Bandana Dee slides across the ground (5%, small knockback)
Up+A: Skyward Thrust; Bandana Dee thrusts his spear upwards (7%, OK knockback)

Aerial Attacks
Air+A: Bandana Dee rapidly spins his spear (9%, OK knockback)
Air Forward+A: Waddle Spear Barrage; Bandana Dee throws two spears in front of him (6% each, small knockback)
Air Back + A: Back Thrust; Bandana Dee thrusts his spear behind him (10%, OK knockback)
Air Up+A: Parasol Twirl; Bandana Dee twirls his parasol (11%, OK knockback); he can also glide with it by holding Up, somewhat like Peach’s, only it deals no damage.
Air Down+A: Moon Drop; Bandana Dee briefly spins his spear, and then drops down (13% with a meteor effect, OK knockback); he gets pushed up when he makes contact, just like the Links.

Dash Attack: Ground Thrust; Bandana Dee dashes a long distance and runs his spear through the ground, thrusting upwards at the end (12%, OK knockback)
Edge Attack: Bandana Dee thrusts on the edge (9%, OK knockback)
Get-Up Attack: Bandana Dee spins on the ground (8%, OK knockback)

Smash Moves
Forward+A: Aqua Shot; Bandana Dee flaps his parasol as water spouts out of it (16%, OK knockback)
Up+A: Chumbrella; Bandana Dee expands his parasol greatly (18%, medium knockback)
Down+A: Parasol Twirl; Bandana Dee spins his parasol on the ground as winds comes out of it (19%, medium knockback)

Grab: Bandana Dee summons a Beam with his spear.
Pummel: Bandana Dee stabs the target with his spear (2%)
Forwards+Throw: Capture Beam; Bandana Dee shoots a full Beam diagonally upwards in his direction (14%, OK knockback)
Down+Throw: Bandana Dee stabs the target into a burial (15%)
Back+Throw: Bandana Dee lifts up the target with his spear and tosses them behind himself (14%, OK knockback)
Up+Throw: Circus Throw; Bandana Dee spins the target around on his parasol and chucks them upwards (11%, OK knockback)

Special Moves
B : Power Effect; Bandana Dee selects one element from a menu to effect his attacks. The selection is like Shulk’s Monado Arts, in which Bandana Dee can switch elements on the fly.
B + Forwards : Spear Throw; Bandana Dee throws one spear at a time when B is tapped (5% each, small knockback). When B is held, Bandana Dee charges, and can either throw two (6% each, small knockback) or three at a time (8% each, small knockback)
B + Up : Waddle Copter; Bandana Dee flies around using his spear as a helicopter (21%, medium knockback); when used on the ground, the player has complete control of Bandana Dee’s flight, in which he can go in all 8 directions.
B + Down : Friend Summon; Bandana Dee throws a heart that summons one of two friends: Waddle Doo and Bronto Burt. Bronto Burt charges into enemies (4%, small knockback), while Waddle Doo uses his Beam ability (12%, OK knockback)

Final Smash: Ball of Waddle Dees; Bandana Dee summons another Waddle Dee to tackle opponents; up to 4 at a time (9%). In a cutscene, Bandana Dee looks behind him and sees a huge Waddle Dee ball coming his way. He makes a break for it as the oppoents are squished by the ball (55%, devastating knockback).

Gimmick: Power Effect Elements
-Blizzard: Attacks are slightly slower, but combos can sometimes freeze a target
-Bluster: Attacks are quicker and the attack power is multiplied by 1.2x, but with more endlag
-Sizzle: Targets could have a lingering fire effect that slowly raises damage, but Bandana Dee’s damage slowly rises the longer he’s left idle
-Splash: Bandana Dee is slower and so are his attacks, but the power is multiplied by 1.4x
-Zap: Attack power slowly increases with each combo (up to 1.5x), but Bandana Dee’s damage slowly rises little by little

Taunts
1: Bandana Dee looks around him, mimicking his artwork from Return to Dream Land.
2: Bandana Dee happily waves his arms.
1+2: Bandana Dee falls asleep, thinking about an apple.

Winposes
1: Bandana Dee’s win pose from the Megaton Punch minigame.
2: Bandana Dee spins his spear and raises it upwards, mimicking his summon animation from Star Allies.
3: Bandana Dee spins his spear and triumphantly plants the bottom end on the ground.

Applause: Bandana Dee’s losing animation from the Megaton Punch minigame.

Icon: Kirby series icon

Boxing Ring Title: Hero Among Waddle Dees

Victory Music: youtu.be/CEIwsGXvwfU

Kirby Hat: Bandana Dee’s…well, Bandana. However, Kirby only imitates Bandana Dee’s Side B.
JK couldn't think of one
View attachment 278715
Game of Origin: Kirby’s Dream Land (1991)*
*Aesthetically based on its appearance in Kirby: Star Allies (2018)

Description: This is where King Dedede’s strongest minions gather! Are you brave enough to survive their onslaught while focusing on the other fighters?

Layout: Above the floor are two platforms on the upper left and right and a central platform in the middle.

Gimmicks and Hazards: Three of the four normal bosses from Kirby’s Dream Land, as well as a boss from Kirby’s Adventure, appear every now and then from a door in each corner of the stage.

-Whispy Woods appears from a door on the bottom left, appearing only on the bottom while his leafy half appears through one of the two upper platforms. As always, he blows air out of his mouth (2%, small knockback) and throws apples at the fighters (5%, small knockback); the apples can sometimes bounce off the central platform.

-Lololo and Lalala appear from a door on the top left. Each one appears on two opposite corners of the castle, pushing giant blocks to push fighters towards the blast zone. The central platform expands and gets moved in between the two top platforms.

-Kracko appears from a door on the bottom right. He shoots two electric beams around his eye (11% each, OK knockback) and summons a Waddle Doo to shoot a weaker beam (7%, small knockback). The central platform completely disappears when Kracko’s on screen.

-Paint Roller appears from a door on the top right, and each door turns into a drawing board on an easel. Paint Roller rolls around on his skates, drawing up items and throwing them onto the battlefield. He can bump fighters as he’s rolling along (6%-8%, OK knockback) without even flinching.

Music: All the Kirby series music (couldn't think of more tracks to add)

Main Theme: Mt. Dedede (Kirby’s Dream Land; New Remix)
Alt. Theme: King Dedede’s Theme (for 3DS/ Wii U)

Battlefield/Ω Form: The Ω form is the floor of the castle. The Battlefield form platforms are based on the central platforms.
(Fights against characters derived from a species; nearly every single round is a horde battle)
Round 1: :ultyoshi:x18 on Super Happy Tree (Yoshi’s Story (64))
Round 2: :ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff::ultpichu:x9 (x3 each) on Saffron City (Battle! Wild Pokémon (Diamond/Pearl))
Round 3: Mr. Game & Watch x7 on Find Mii (Underworld)
Round 4: :ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultcharizard: on :ps2: (Battle! Wild Pokémon (Ruby/Sapphire))
Round 5: :ultmiifighters:x12 (x4 :ultbrawler:, x4 :ultswordfighter:, and x4 :ultgunner:) on :halberd: (Battlefield) (Butter Building (Brawl))
Round 6: :ultinkling::ultinklingboy:x8 on Moray Towers (Splattack! (Remix))
Final Round: Rathalos (team battle w/:ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultkingdedede:; The World to Win)

Didn't you also do a Classic Mode for Dee in the Classic Mode thread? Page 15, I think.
Yeah, I did do that.

Bandana Waddle Dee: Rising Star
Based around various success stories, unlikely characters, and fan-favorites. I'd include some of the DLC characters, but things might get a bit weird there if you didn't buy them. I also tried to represent every game up to Ultimate, including Smash 4 DLC, and make sure their stages are as period-accurate as I can manage.
  1. :ultfalcon: on Battlefield (Big Blue SSBU)
  2. :ultroy: on Final Destination (Beyond the Distant Skies)
  3. :ultpit: on Skyworld (Title Theme - Kid Icarus)
  4. :ultshulk::ultlittlemac: on Gaur Plain (Xenoblade Chronicles Medley)
  5. :ultbayonetta: on Umbra Clock Tower (Theme of Bayonetta - Mysterious Destiny)
  6. :ultridley::ultkrool: on Dracula's Castle (Gangplank Galleon)
  7. :ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultkingdedede: on whatever stage he comes with (Gourmet Race 64). Alternatively, have him team up with the other three Kirby reps to beat up Marx.

Top Bottom