Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
NNID
darkkirby7
Um. From the two (technically five I guess) characters revealed, in addition to every dlc being third party (plant doesn't count because he was late base roster), I think it might be safe to see we are out of this run. I mean, there are two spots left. "DQ character" releases within now to August, and Banjo releases around the next season. That probably means the next dlc will be announced sometime before Banjo releases if they're keeping that Feb 2020 date. I'm predicting the last two characters will be either third party or new ip. ARMS seems to have a small chance with whomever wins that final tournament thingy they're doing. I don't want to sound pessimistic or be a Daniel Downer, but...I don't know.

SwitchButton

Smash Journeyman
Banjo reaffirms to me that Bandana Dee is pretty much a lock for Smash. Maybe not this game, but definitely at some point

https://old.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/bzdvo1/dlc_popularity_poll_results/

Banjo is cut from the exact same "fan demand" cloth as Dee. Not to mention B.D. has the whole "active Nintendo mascot" thing that carries most modern additions like Isabelle or the 10,0000 FE characters

Hey, may I be added to the list of supporters? I admittedly can't really get into Kirby games myself (got myself Triple Deluxe a while back and enjoyed it, but couldn't get too deeply into it), but he does seem interesting enough to me. Plus, at this point, I just want any first-party character to make it in as part of the Fighter's Pass.

3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
NNID
darkkirby7
Supposedly the smash website accidentally had the codenames for the last two DLC fighters, but it feels kinda iffy (checked myself through inspection, couldn't find them).
Apparently the two codenames are "RPG" and "Origin" respectively. RPG can be just about anything, and Origin fits a few characters...

3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
NNID
Nelson340
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Supposedly the smash website accidentally had the codenames for the last two DLC fighters, but it feels kinda iffy (checked myself through inspection, couldn't find them).
Apparently the two codenames are "RPG" and "Origin" respectively. RPG can be just about anything, and Origin fits a few characters...
Where did you find out about this?

Source?

3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
NNID
darkkirby7

Rie Sonomura

Strength comes from experience.
Premium
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
With Banjo’s announcement, it just proves that if there’s enough demand, it will happen. I have more faith in Bandana Dee now, perhaps as individual DLC a la PP if not in the Fighter Pass.

Ps. Anyone got a definite source on RPG and Origin? Got a clue to who they may be...

JCKirbs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperMushroomU
The way I'm seeing it, the characters are becoming less of what you wouldn't expect, and more of ground-breaking fan-favorites.
In fact, all of them are ground-breaking, but they're essentially characters that are still highly requested by fans.
Joker came completely out of left-field, so it was hard to tell at first if the general scale of DLC would follow suit, being unexpected, yet popular and well-known characters.
I wouldn't exactly consider Banjo or even Dragon Quest to be completely out of left field, as Banjo-Kazooie and Erdrick (Hero) were already highly requested characters perhaps in the West and Japan respectively.

So, what does this mean for Bandana Boi?

Well, if I'm being pessimistic, it means absolutely nothing. Banjo and Hero aren't existing Spirits, and they're from franchises that haven't been represented in Smash yet, and since Ultimate is literally the Ultimate Fighting Game crossover, this might be the case for all of the characters in the pass.

If I'm being optimistic, this means that the characters might not be of the leftist-field picks anymore, which means that popular, fan-favorite characters are more feasible than one would originally think.

With that being said, I'm still mostly leaning towards all of the characters being from different franchises that haven't been represented in Smash yet.
(Hence the "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate X "Insert Franchise") trend that has been going on.

However, I feel that there could be a Second Pass. But, that pass would feature characters from existing or lesser-popular franchises in Smash or not. This means that at the bare minimum, we'd get new characters and nothing much else (unless a character's franchise is new to Smash), in exchange for less development time needed and the pass being sold at a lower price. If those characters are based purely on popularity, then I feel that Bandana Dee would be all but confirmed at that point.

So, yeah.
At this point, we'll just have to keep on waiting though.

Last edited: