• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Random idea for the DLC spirit board if Dee is in.

It's all jpgs of Waddle Dee Merchadise ^_^

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Um. From the two (technically five I guess) characters revealed, in addition to every dlc being third party (plant doesn't count because he was late base roster), I think it might be safe to see we are out of this run. I mean, there are two spots left. "DQ character" releases within now to August, and Banjo releases around the next season. That probably means the next dlc will be announced sometime before Banjo releases if they're keeping that Feb 2020 date. I'm predicting the last two characters will be either third party or new ip. ARMS seems to have a small chance with whomever wins that final tournament thingy they're doing. I don't want to sound pessimistic or be a Daniel Downer, but...I don't know.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Nah, we are still in the running. There is definitely going to be one first party, so it will probably be us. Expect a reveal at the September direct for our little Bandana boi

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
Banjo reaffirms to me that Bandana Dee is pretty much a lock for Smash. Maybe not this game, but definitely at some point

https://old.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/bzdvo1/dlc_popularity_poll_results/

Banjo is cut from the exact same "fan demand" cloth as Dee. Not to mention B.D. has the whole "active Nintendo mascot" thing that carries most modern additions like Isabelle or the 10,0000 FE characters

FancySmash

Smash Lord
I'm still thinking Dee's chances lie in a second fighter pass where spirits get upgraded. For now, I'm just gonna ride out the last two characters and see what's to be offered.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Hey, may I be added to the list of supporters? I admittedly can't really get into Kirby games myself (got myself Triple Deluxe a while back and enjoyed it, but couldn't get too deeply into it), but he does seem interesting enough to me. Plus, at this point, I just want any first-party character to make it in as part of the Fighter's Pass.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Supposedly the smash website accidentally had the codenames for the last two DLC fighters, but it feels kinda iffy (checked myself through inspection, couldn't find them).
Apparently the two codenames are "RPG" and "Origin" respectively. RPG can be just about anything, and Origin fits a few characters...

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Supposedly the smash website accidentally had the codenames for the last two DLC fighters, but it feels kinda iffy (checked myself through inspection, couldn't find them).
Apparently the two codenames are "RPG" and "Origin" respectively. RPG can be just about anything, and Origin fits a few characters...
Where did you find out about this?

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Source?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
With Banjo’s announcement, it just proves that if there’s enough demand, it will happen. I have more faith in Bandana Dee now, perhaps as individual DLC a la PP if not in the Fighter Pass.

Ps. Anyone got a definite source on RPG and Origin? Got a clue to who they may be...

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Cute but sad.

D85VHZYUEAAeSGO.jpg

Don't lose hope just yet. Seems like Nintendo is acknowledging the fans to some extent. I don't know if BWD is the character they'd end up choosing, but I feel like his chances are better than any of the remaining third-parties.

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
Trailer idea:

It's K.Rool/Banjo's trailer but the three Kirby characters are in Kirby's little hut and they use Piranha Plant as the fakeout

JCKirbs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperMushroomU
The way I'm seeing it, the characters are becoming less of what you wouldn't expect, and more of ground-breaking fan-favorites.
In fact, all of them are ground-breaking, but they're essentially characters that are still highly requested by fans.
Joker came completely out of left-field, so it was hard to tell at first if the general scale of DLC would follow suit, being unexpected, yet popular and well-known characters.
I wouldn't exactly consider Banjo or even Dragon Quest to be completely out of left field, as Banjo-Kazooie and Erdrick (Hero) were already highly requested characters perhaps in the West and Japan respectively.

So, what does this mean for Bandana Boi?

Well, if I'm being pessimistic, it means absolutely nothing. Banjo and Hero aren't existing Spirits, and they're from franchises that haven't been represented in Smash yet, and since Ultimate is literally the Ultimate Fighting Game crossover, this might be the case for all of the characters in the pass.

If I'm being optimistic, this means that the characters might not be of the leftist-field picks anymore, which means that popular, fan-favorite characters are more feasible than one would originally think.

With that being said, I'm still mostly leaning towards all of the characters being from different franchises that haven't been represented in Smash yet.
(Hence the "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate X "Insert Franchise") trend that has been going on.

However, I feel that there could be a Second Pass. But, that pass would feature characters from existing or lesser-popular franchises in Smash or not. This means that at the bare minimum, we'd get new characters and nothing much else (unless a character's franchise is new to Smash), in exchange for less development time needed and the pass being sold at a lower price. If those characters are based purely on popularity, then I feel that Bandana Dee would be all but confirmed at that point.

So, yeah.
At this point, we'll just have to keep on waiting though.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Bandana Dee is being rerated in the Rate Their Chances thread, come show your support.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
I've been thinking of making a Mii Swordfighter based on BWD, but I'm not sure how it would look. Moveset would be: Blurring Blade (reference to Star Allies), Gale Stab (reference to new move BWD gets in Star Allies, the slide one), Stone Scabbard (Kinda makes sense for a spear user really) and Power Thrust (...eh, I might change this one or the side B...maybe use Chakram for side b and a makeshift "spear" throw?). No idea what outfit he would wear though.

P47

Smash Apprentice
I've been thinking of making a Mii Swordfighter based on BWD, but I'm not sure how it would look. Moveset would be: Blurring Blade (reference to Star Allies), Gale Stab (reference to new move BWD gets in Star Allies, the slide one), Stone Scabbard (Kinda makes sense for a spear user really) and Power Thrust (...eh, I might change this one or the side B...maybe use Chakram for side b and a makeshift "spear" throw?). No idea what outfit he would wear though.
Personally I use Hero Spin for the Up B (kinda resembles Waddle Copter)

Also can I be on the supporter's list? :D Modern Kirby really needs some love in Smash and Bandee is my most wanted newcomer

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I have this.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I have this.
I didn't know how much I had been missing out on life until now. It's like my entire life has been leading to this very moment.

I imagine Dee would be hella scared to be on a mech. That would only make it more adorable.

Last edited by a moderator:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I gotta ask, is that based off of this?
View attachment 229445
The little Waddle Walker from Robobot? Even if it's not, I like to think it's an homage.

Also kinda bummed that the want for Bandana Dee dropped about 20%. Ah well, I still find him likely next game even if he's not DLC.
People like to root for a winner, and it's pretty hard to see us as a winner right now. They'll come back around, when the time comes.

Also I haven't played Robobot and I'm just finding out that Dee got a walker and this is just the best.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
People like to root for a winner, and it's pretty hard to see us as a winner right now. They'll come back around, when the time comes.

Also I haven't played Robobot and I'm just finding out that Dee got a walker and this is just the best.
Yeah, I guess people do tend to back a winner, though I myself tend to prefer the underdog.
Uh, not that I find Bandana Dee an underdog or anything. I... uh... well that came out wrong. :p

As for the Waddle Walker, I think it'd make for a good hack in Sonic Adventure 2 over Tails or Eggman. Who wouldn't want to play the game as a Waddle Dee? :laugh:

P47

Smash Apprentice
I have this.
Deelet this (but seriously though great job!)

Also shameless self plugg for my own Bandana Mii (3Q9JL4SN)

Also kinda bummed that the want for Bandana Dee dropped about 20%. Ah well, I still find him likely next game even if he's not DLC.
Given the Smash team's neglect of modern Kirby I'm honestly more worried about him than any other of my most wanteds (hell, even Geno).

Last edited by a moderator:

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
Deelet this (but seriously though great job!)

Also shameless self plugg for my own Bandana Mii (3Q9JL4SN)

Given the Smash team's neglect of modern Kirby I'm honestly more worried about him than any other of my most wanteds (hell, even Geno).
I usually make the nose big enough to fit...behind? (In front? on the same layer?) as the eyes so that they don't appear at all, but this is pretty nice!

Top Bottom