• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

KeyOh

Smash Cadet
I think the update just dropped, just got an ~8 minute download for the game.

Edit: Yep!

Last edited:

KeyOh

Smash Cadet
I'm hearing that Dee didn't get any new moves. I SWEAR TO ******* GOD HAL.
Each of the main three got one new move from what I can see, here's Dee's.

He basically charges forward while pushing the spear along the ground. At the end of the charge he flips the spear upwards. If you have an element the spear shoots out a projectile when you flip it. I think if you hold b during the charge you can instantly do a Spear Copter after Ground Thrust ends

Royalty1702

Smash Journeyman
Each of the main three got one new move from what I can see, here's Dee's.

He basically charges forward while pushing the spear along the ground. At the end of the charge he flips the spear upwards. If you have an element the spear shoots out a projectile when you flip it. I think if you hold b during the charge you can instantly do a Spear Copter after Ground Thrust ends
So, no Parasol or Megaton Punch?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well, that was really disappointing. So, wait, he runs while his spear is in the ground?
So, no Parasol or Megaton Punch?
I mean, Kumazaki has been working on the game since its launch (never mind frequently putting out games since RTDL), the guy must be getting pretty burned out by now. It's a wonder he gave BWD anything new at all at this stage. At least Dedede's getting his jump.

If anything, this is grounds for possibly leaving Sakurai with stuff to use, if so inclined.

I know Sakurai probably doesn't want to influence current Kirby staff, but it would be a good thing in this case.

Last edited:

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
If you hold B while Bandana Dee uses downward thrust and let go just as the attack finishes he launches into a insta-fully charged Waddle Copter!

FancySmash

Smash Lord
I can't be too disappointed. Bandana Dee does have an incredibly practical move added. It might even have invincibility frames, which will be great for boss fighting. It would also make for a solid dash attack in Smash, just saying...

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
im loving the update, if bandana does make it as dlc i hope his stage is based off the other dimension

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
I love everything about this update. The difficulty of the new bosses and the new Ultimate Choice difficulty (I'll never beat it it seems so f**** hard), the return of my beloved Magolor, the new story arc...

...but mostly the MUSIC. We got a Planet Robobot medley with a remixed P.R.O.G.R.A.M. sample for lord's sake!A particular new track that really got me by surprise was the one playing on the Ultimate Choice hub right before the last fight: Never in my life would I have expected to hear a remix of the Return to Dream Land ending. That was so delightfully random.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Quick question: Do you actually GET anything for collecting all the Friend Hearts in the new mode? I need to know if it's worth losing my sanity over.

MrArska

Smash Cadet
NNID
aapelix
Switch FC
SW 2908 1984 5094
Quick question: Do you actually GET anything for collecting all the Friend Hearts in the new mode? I need to know if it's worth losing my sanity over.
100 changes the ending and unlocks the Mage Sisters.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
100 changes the ending and unlocks the Mage Sisters.
Apparently you get ranked for it.
Okay, just wanted to make sure if there was anything else. I'm fighting the Three Mage-Sisters as of this typing, but they WON'T, STOP, HITTING ME!!!! If I end up losing my sanity within the foreseeable future, you all know why.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
So... Kirby IS a member of Dark Matter. AND HE KNOWS HE IS. So...THIS IS A THING NOW. OK.
The way I see it is this. Void is not Dark Matter, Dark Matter was once void. Same goes for Kirby. So that would not make Kirby Dark Matter, it's just two different things that Void could create.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Okay, so apparently, some datamines for Hyness were found, it seems he was going to be playable, but was cut out. Makes me wonder if at some point they went "wait, no, that's stupid" and decided to not stretch the dev period any longer.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Okay, so apparently, some datamines for Hyness were found, it seems he was going to be playable, but was cut out. Makes me wonder if at some point they went "wait, no, that's stupid" and decided to not stretch the dev period any longer.
They've done it in Smash, they probably did it here.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Fair. At least the mystery's solved.

That said, now that the DLC support is over, I'm not expecting any new main Kirby games for a good while, apart from Extra Epic Yarn. A Rainbow Curse port would be nice, but I won't hold my breath on it.
I have speculations that we'll get a 30th aniiversary game like we did for Mario (Mario maker) and Zelda (BotW), with its own 30th anniversary amiibo. Kirby turns 30 in 2022, so we might het another major 3DS release between then and a major Switch release.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I have speculations that we'll get a 30th aniiversary game like we did for Mario (Mario maker) and Zelda (BotW), with its own 30th anniversary amiibo. Kirby turns 30 in 2022, so we might het another major 3DS release between then and a major Switch release.
Given that, since Susie is still active and most likely wanting to do Haltmann Works 2.0, it's a safe bet that at least one future game possibility will feature her going the Fawful route, with more bosses doing nods to prior Kirby games.

The downside is, we don't know how much prominence a future 3DS game will give to BWD.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Given that, since Susie is still active and most likely wanting to do Haltmann Works 2.0, it's a safe bet that at least one future game possibility will feature her going the Fawful route, with more bosses doing nods to prior Kirby games.

The downside is, we don't know how much prominence a future 3DS game will give to BWD.
Technically, the Dream Friends are canon. So either they're all good guys, or....

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Technically, the Dream Friends are canon. So either they're all good guys, or....
I dunno, the Japanese version of Marx's pause description confirms he is only playing nice to avoid being annihilated.

I could grant you DMK though, he probably won't try anything fishy again after being torn apart twice.

Last edited:
Top Bottom