• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
there has been a high amount of pessimism going around the smash community. But i think the best thing we can do is hope for the best. honestly people have been losing their mind over the whole spirits thing like honestly what makes you think your made up rule is actually set in stone nothing is.
The fanbase suffers from aesop amnesia; they come to learn how Smash reveals go, then forget everything by the next game's speculation cycle, and the process starts all over again. It doesn't help that younger people join it over the years. :glare:

Whatever happened to playing games or other occupations while waiting for news to happen, really.

Like, a hypocritical kind of ironic?
Pretty much. Some people are being a bunch of :ultdk:s right now.

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Like, a hypocritical kind of ironic?
Basically. They act like they say "Hat Gooma" to get likes/upvotes more than they actually mean it. Take the Smash Circle Jerk thread for example. Someone posted a "hat goomba" statement on it and it's on the front page. Obviously this is on a circle jerk thread and not the main thread for a reason, it's all a joke for upvotes.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Basically. They act like they say "Hat Gooma" to get likes/upvotes more than they actually mean it. Take the Smash Circle Jerk thread for example. Someone posted a "hat goomba" statement on it and it's on the front page. Obviously this is on a circle jerk thread and not the main thread for a reason, it's all a joke for upvotes.
Better than when people were actually calling him a Hat Goomba.

JCKirbs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperMushroomU
The fanbase suffers from aesop amnesia; they come to learn how Smash reveals go, then forget everything by the next game's speculation cycle, and the process starts all over again. It doesn't help that younger people join it over the years. :glare:

Whatever happened to playing games or other occupations while waiting for news to happen, really.

Pretty much. Some people are being a bunch of :ultdk:s right now.

Well, that's a bit of a yikes in my book...
I mean, the Smash Community can sometimes be a bit of a meme within itself so I'm not completely surprised though.

11th

Smash Apprentice
Does Nintendo pay attention to how many fighters each series has in Smash? If so, what would they think of the Kirby roster?
The only answer we can guess right now is... -shrugs-?

We don't know if they were paying attention to those kinds of things or what their opinions on it might be. If they saw a breakdown of the current characters and stages by series and compared it to their sales and current status (active/inactive), then they might raise an eyebrow, but that doesn't mean they would pick something from Kirby if they have other priorities.

The fanbase suffers from aesop amnesia; they come to learn how Smash reveals go, then forget everything by the next day, and the process starts all over again.
Fixed that for you. :b

But, yeah, people are pretty bad about learning from what has happened, even within a single speculation cycle.
Banner leak turned out to be fake? Let's immediately trust someone who posted a text leak and has no track record for this game. Twice.
A bunch of fan theories were wrong? Let's claim that Spirits absolutely do/don't disconfirm when we have no hard evidence in either direction.

Some people are just too impatient to wait and see what official sources say. Others just want to be on the right team so that they can gloat. You can try to remind people of what has happened in the past, but not everyone is willing to listen, or their own biases alter their perception of the information. Ultimately, the only person that you can really try to keep in check is yourself, and if you aren't liking where discussion is going then it's probably best just to tune out until it passes, as everything does... definitely did that a few times myself this cycle.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
how funny would their reactions have been if piranha plant was wearing a hat

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Fixed that for you. :b

But, yeah, people are pretty bad about learning from what has happened, even within a single speculation cycle.
Banner leak turned out to be fake? Let's immediately trust someone who posted a text leak and has no track record for this game. Twice.
A bunch of fan theories were wrong? Let's claim that Spirits absolutely do/don't disconfirm when we have no hard evidence in either direction.

Some people are just too impatient to wait and see what official sources say. Others just want to be on the right team so that they can gloat. You can try to remind people of what has happened in the past, but not everyone is willing to listen, or their own biases alter their perception of the information. Ultimately, the only person that you can really try to keep in check is yourself, and if you aren't liking where discussion is going then it's probably best just to tune out until it passes, as everything does... definitely did that a few times myself this cycle.
Yeah. Case in point, people are constantly forgetting that there's 29 empty slots and not 30, and I have to explain they're not all for characters every time at the moment.
People act like :179: so much that it's crazy. As Yahtzee once said in a review "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me, fool me three times and I'm a complete goddamn buffoon!".

The best way to tune out this nonsense is do something out of the forums for a bit. There's a reason one of the Dee supporters bailed out for a few weeks.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Since it seems we're locked to 8 costumes per fighter, no exceptions (except little mac?). Although we could have both in a perfect Smash....
Little Mac only has 8 now. They removed half of them. (Including the mac skin I used grumble grumble...)

D

Deleted member

Piranha Plant with a top hat and monocle.

Anyway hope for Bandana Dee is strong.

Kirby&More

Smash Rookie
This is my first post. I WANT BANDANNA WADDLE DEE SO BAD!!!!! We need to play as Kirby, King Dedede, Meta Knight, and Bandanna Waddle Dee.

Darktheumbreon

Smash Ace
NNID
darkkirby7
3DS FC
2921-9577-5424
That combo has nothing to do with floatieness, rather Jigglypuff's incredible air speed. Also, Meta Knight is only 1 unit heavier than Kirby, but Meta Knight is a fastfaller.
That being said, I think Bandana Dee would probably be pretty floaty with high air speed. Those are the attributes I can best see.
I always forget Puff moves very quick in the air...I don't play her like ever.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
So what's BWD's spirit battle like if anyone knows (assuming he has one)?

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Well, here you go.
So he is just an enchanted version of Goomba Dee? Welp. I guess the haters were right all along... :crying:

I don't think there is one. Overshadowed by Generic Waddle Dee yet again. (If there is one, please put it under spoilers, because I don't want any more WoL spoilers)

Last edited:

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
So he is just an enchanted version of Goomba Dee? Welp. I guess the haters were right all along... :crying:

I don't think there is one. Overshadowed by Generic Waddle Dee yet again. (If there is one, please put it under spoilers, because I don't want any more WoL spoilers)
Only proves that Bandana Dee is the #1 top Waddle Dee and is the representative of the species, which is what he's always been.

As I've always said: Being a Waddle Dee is not a bad thing, it's a selling point. Bandana Dee's purpose is to be the attractive and marketable essence of the Waddle Dee race concentrated into a playable main hero.

Last edited:

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Enhance him until he becomes playable.

Also, 3 stars, wow, that's just one less than a legendary Spirit.
He'd probably be legendary if he weren't an evolved spirit, because a generic waddle dee couldn't really be 3 stars, and they only get 1 star from evolving. If he were a stand-alone spirit, he'd definitely be legendary. (Geno is the only legendary I know of atm)

11th

Smash Apprentice
Battering Items↑ isn't particularly useful, but at least it helps all characters and the rest of his stats look very nice~

Enhanced forms and Spirits that can be obtained through summoning(?) don't have battles.

He's one of the strongest Kirby Spirits so far... even the base Waddle Dee was bumped up a lot just to ensure that his stats would be nice. If anything, it shows that the dev team was aware of him not just being a "hat Goomba". They could have easily just shuffled him off into Novice or Advanced Support like most of the animal friends, or left him weaker than bosses like Kracko, Whispy, and even the Three Mage-Sisters. So far the only ones that beat him are legendary vehicles (Dragoon, Halberd) and final bosses (Dark Matter, possibly Nightmare and Marx -- Dark Mind ties with him as an Ace-class).

Him starting off as a normal Waddle Dee is just a part of his story. That is not a bad thing. It makes him a more interesting character and it's part of why some of us find him so endearing.

Last edited:

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Piranha Plant with a top hat and monocle.
Hey, how did you guys know about my garden?!?

Err, anyways, Bandana Waddle Dee is the full name, no surprise there. Sucks that he's an enhanced Waddle Dee. I... really think he's a pipe dream now. :urg:
That said, I don't see Adeline as any more likely unfortunately, as she's not the only missing Kirby character.

On the plus, the small plus, he's an ace, one of the strongest spirits in the game. If he had to be a spirit, I'm at least glad he's rather strong.

Wasoodle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Wasoodle
Am I missing something..? How does him being an enhancement of the Waddle Dee spirit make him any less likely? Isn't that literally what he is; an enhanced Waddle Dee that is stronger than the rest of his species? Yes, he made a name for himself as his own character and is Dedede's right hand man blah blah. But in the end he's still of the Waddle Dee species. So there's no surprise that he's an "evolution" of that species' spirit. Not sure how that kills his chances or anything.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Am I missing something..? How does him being an enhancement of the Waddle Dee spirit make him any less likely? Isn't that literally what he is; an enhanced Waddle Dee that is stronger than the rest of his species? Yes, he made a name for himself as his own character and is Dedede's right hand man blah blah. But in the end he's still of the Waddle Dee species. So there's no surprise that he's an "evolution" of that species' spirit. Not sure how that kills his chances or anything.
They apparently think this binds him to the game's code to the point of being impossible to have a playable version of him programmed that can co-exist. Even though it's a JPG that's not even an AT.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
They apparently think this binds him to the game's code to the point of being impossible to have a playable version of him programmed that can co-exist. Even though it's a JPG that's not even an AT.
They don't actually believe those things. They make straw-grasping arguments like that because for whatever reason people treat Bandana Dee like he's "competition" against whoever their most wanted is (probably an AT or an anime boy but whatever).

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
They don't actually believe those things. They make straw-grasping arguments like that because for whatever reason people treat Bandana Dee like he's "competition" against whoever their most wanted is (probably an AT or an anime boy but whatever).
Well I for one don't easily fall prey to that nonsense, I like all Kirby characters equally.

Besides, Marx is the one to mourn..

Last edited:

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Lol are people seriously calling him a pipe dream now, some of you need to keep your hopes up. The Isaac community is still strong no reason why the Bandana Brigade can't be either. Him being an Ace is actually amazing, him being an upgraded Waddle Dee spirit makes so much sense and it doesn't make him less likely at all. #DeeLC

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Lol are people seriously calling him a pipe dream now, some of you need to keep your hopes up. The Isaac community is still strong no reason why the Bandana Brigade can't be either. Him being an Ace is actually amazing, him being an upgraded Waddle Dee spirit makes so much sense and it doesn't make him less likely at all. #DeeLC
Who's calling Dee a pipe dream?

Top Bottom