• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

Plumstar

Smash Apprentice
During the stream, Sakurai was going through modes like the classic mode and spirits mode. I've noticed a few new spirits from Kirby like Gryll and Dark Mind.
Edit: There was also Paper Mario as a spirit. But like what KeyOh said, it doesn't ruin their chances, that goes for BD as well.

Last edited:

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
There was a Daisy spirit on the Nintendo Live stream, so it looks like we definitely don't have to worry about Spirits deconfirming Bandana Dee now.
The Daisy one was a special "Fighter Spirit", not a normal one. I don't think it means anything.

See, you guys are looking at it wrong. You're looking at Spirits in a "Do these outright deny a character the ability to be DLC" way, when it's really a "If they were selected to be a Spirit then it's because they probably weren't selected to be one of the 5 secret characters". This situation would obviously not include our normal cast member fighters, who don't need to be hidden.

Something that supports my theory is that they waited until ALL the base game fighters were confirmed before showing Spirits. Why do you think that is? Probably because the mode could have legit assisted in revealing who the at the time unknown fighters were

Royalty1702

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, that's what I expected in Kirby Battle Royale, but that's not what happened, they prioritized making a Waddle Dee with many different headgears playable over BWD, which kinda makes sense because in that game, alternate costumes for characters and abilities were a thing, BWD needs the Bandana to be BWD, and in Ultimate, many characters are getting different alternate costumes themselves and considering how marketable Waddle Dees with hats can be, it wouldn't surprise me if they added one just to have "Alternate Costumes: The Character".
I don't want to be right, but to me that just seems like a terribly possible outcome. :drsad:
Uh no. Bandana Dee is still a different color than a generic Dee. I'm personally thinking that BWD could have a Sailor Dee suit. Also, BWD is still the Waddle Dee rep as of Star Allies.

Last edited:

11th

Smash Apprentice
The only thing that would upset me is him not being in the game at all honestly.
If BanDee gets snubbed like that, I'll be very disappointed. I'd have taken getting disconfirmed in yesterday's massacre over that. At least that would have been acknowledgement. I'm going to try my best to stay positive (or at least neutral) until release, though.

On top of that, Hype Killer Vergeben has confirmed not two, but THREE of the remaining DLC characters already (I'm not gonna spoil it. You can go look it up yourself). That leaves only two slots left, one of which is likely going to Byleth from FE3H, and the other is likely going to either another 3rd party or promotional character, so things really aren't looking good for our boi.
... you're going to make me hide from the internet for the next 10-14 months. I'm so sick of spoilers. I wish they'd just let people have a genuine reaction and talk about the characters they like without rumors limiting discussion. That has been the absolute worst part of this cycle.
All we can do at this point is cross our fingers and hope that he made it.

Sooooo uh... about Meta Knights new Final Smash
This raises so many questions
WMG: Maybe Mr. Sakurai knows something that we don't yet? Kirby's "unmasked Meta Knight" palette in Smash for hinted at the design changes Meta Knight would see over a year and a half later in Planet Robobot. (Yellow eyes, no blush stickers.) What if he's actually had four wings all this time -- two that turn into the cape, and two that don't? That would help explain the inconsistency of him throwing off his cape to show his wings. (The most recent instance of such that I can think of was in RtDL's opening cutscene, so even the modern Kirby staff has done it.) Though that raises the question of whether he could have two capes...

Or they just did it because it looks cool. (And it does.)

Anyway, even though his new FS is a bit copy-paste multi-slash, that animation looks really slick. The timing on the ending twirl is great. Really wish we had it HD so I could get a better look.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I hope we get some first party characters as DLC, I'm starting to get the feeling it will be only third parties and maybe Elma lol.

A Kirby DLC Pack would be perfect to fix the bad representation the newer Kirby games have in Smash.

I also found this:

Maybe the Waddle Dee Spirit evolves into Bandana Dee... or maybe Waddle Doo... or maybe it doesn't evolve.
But it's interesting.

Last edited:

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
I hope we get some first party characters as DLC, I'm starting to get the feeling it will be only third parties and maybe Elma lol.

A Kirby DLC Pack would be perfect to fix the bad representation the newer Kirby games have in Smash.

I also found this:

Maybe the Waddle Dee Spirit evolves into Bandana Dee... or maybe Waddle Doo... or maybe it doesn't evolve.
But it's interesting.
My gut feeling is this is what's going to happen. Sigh.

Royalty1702

Smash Journeyman
I think we have a problem. Some spirits are said to evolve and regular Waddle Dee is a spirit. Who's to say Waddle Dee can't evolve into Bandana Dee?
Edit: Ninja'd.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I think we have a problem. Some spirits are said to evolve and regular Waddle Dee is a spirit. Who's to say Waddle Dee can't evolve into Bandana Dee?
Edit: Ninja'd.
Hopefully it’s just like Waddle Doo or a group of Waddle Dees

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I have a really good feeling about DeeLC, and especially after Pirahna Plant and playing Star Allies I gotta say I'm on board! Kirby is one of my favorite franchises, Kirby 64 is one of the best, and I'm enjoying Star Allies a lot. It just feels like a popular character with the Megaton Punch Arena seems likely, and no matter what I want in on this support thread!

I hope Parasol Dee gets representation...he's my fave.

Last edited:

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
Honestly, I don't think the evolving spirit matters. The fact that there are spirits, evolving or not, of characters already in the game, leads me to believe that the Spirits themselves are just Stickers + Equipment + Trophies.
Sakurai can't kill Dee. People would throw a fit.
With how Dee is now one of the actual frontrunners after the Great AT Massacre of November 2018, Sakurai can't just shut him down without a riot happening.
Also, unrelated to the post, but I see you're using the Kirby explains Bandana Waddle Dee support meme I made back in March-oh my god I made that in March. It feels like it was so long ago. It's really weird seeing people use something I created.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I'm surprised he isn't an AT. Not to seem rude but he always seemed to make the most sense as one (until I played Star Allies) because of his role in Planet Robobot. Like, an AT that throws food and supports you...it just makes sense.

But...knowing how popular he is and how fun he would be to use, especially if they included things from every type of Waddle Dee, knowing that he isn't in Dedede's final smash, there's just something going on that makes me think he really has a chance. And I hope he does too! I love the little guy.

D

Deleted member

So the full menu got shown off. Looked cool and really awesome. Great of Sakurai for doing this.

Some really cool stuff and spirits can evolve.

Cool.

D

Deleted member

Hey guys, since Decidueye is pretty much disconfirmed I'll show more support to my other most wanted character.
Bandana Dee for DeeLC!

D

Deleted member

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_0M9IRiVlMI

Just thought I'd post this here.

Vergeben is still adamant we're getting a Square Enix rep. Also Minecraft might still get Steve.

Apparently a character named Katalina from Granblue Fantasy is being discussed for DLC as well.

This does not hurt Bandana Dee's chances.

He still has a chance. But let's be ready for everything.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
So the Dixie thread has made their DLC support logo, we should do the same ASAP. If anyone wants to talk to me about it easily, contact me on discord.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717

FancySmash

Smash Lord

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Also, unrelated to the post, but I see you're using the Kirby explains Bandana Waddle Dee support meme I made back in March-oh my god I made that in March. It feels like it was so long ago. It's really weird seeing people use something I created.
Well........(hoooly ****)

That's....super cool!

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
One of the audience members at Nintendo Live Japan has a Bandana Dee plush and it is so cute and I want it.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Hey guys, my two most wanted :ultkrool: and :ultridley: got in and my other wants Banjo & Kazooie, Dixie Kong, Shantae, and Geno are still up in the air. Can I join the support list? I whether have Bandana boi in over Minecraft's Steve or anybody else that Vergeben is talking about right now.

Plumstar

Smash Apprentice
One of the new remixed Kirby tracks has been found and it's a Kirby's Dreamland ending/ Milky Way Wishes Remix!! It's sooooo good! It was found in a battle in Green Greens between Roy and Ike on Nintendo Live! Unfortunately it's still on live and I don't have a link for it.

KeyOh

Smash Cadet
There's a new Kirby remix, (I think) it's of Kirby's Dreamland's Credits!

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Hey everyone!

Bandana Dee has been my 2nd most wanted since the August direct, after Elma. Admittedly, I haven't been as vocal in my support of Bandana Dee. However, after the mass murder that was the November 1st direct, Bandana Dee is pretty much the only popular 1st party ballot choice that hasn't been dee-confirmed by anything (pun intended).

And now that Piranha Plant is playable, there's no more "generic enemy" excuse to fall back on.

I feel that our spear-wielding little buddy might have the best chance out of any 1st party character to get into Smash!

Could you please add me to the support list?

DragonFire04

Smash Rookie
I love the Kirby series, and this little guy's one of my most wanted characters! Could I please be added to the supporter's list?

Last edited:

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
So now we're talking about music, I'd like to think about what we may or may not expect.

-39 Kirby songs confirmed in August direct
-Smash 4 had 31, assuming they all return, that means 8 are unknown. (This may be a bit of a bold assumption, though.)
-City Trial remix was confirmed, seven left.
-C-R-O-W-N-E-D confirmed, six left.
-There's a credits remix of Kirby's Dreamland according to KeyOh's post, five left.

I'm aware that Sakurai said that the number of songs was subject to change, but I'm not expecting the amount of Kirby songs to get more than 2 more in a best case scenario. But for now I'm assuming five are left.

Personally hoping for the first phase theme from Planet Robobot's final boss, Battle Royale's final boss theme, and an Epic Yarn remix. Probably not gonna get all of them, but I can hope.

Top Bottom