• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Hmm, it would appear that Chrom is still Robin's final smash.
Not sure how that makes sense...
So what does that mean for us? Could some competition we thought were out actually still be in? Could that mean that Bandana Dee could've been in Dedede's final smash and been playable at the same time?
Actually, thinking of that, that doesn't bode well for us.

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
Funny enough I've been avoiding gameplay all together. Just waiting that 1 more month for smash bros. You think bandana dee will be the first to be DLC besides paranha plant?

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
The Waddle Dee is not in King Dedede's Victory Pose, at least in Doubles.

It's been awhile, is that the victory pose that has the Waddle Dee appear beside him? Also, does the Waddle Dee appear when that pose is performed in Smash 4 doubles?

KeyOh

Smash Cadet
The Waddle Dee is not in King Dedede's Victory Pose, at least in Doubles.

Dedede's so jiggly now.
That's a pretty odd change, though. As far as I know, victory animations in 4 didn't differ between solo and team-based matches. For example, Olimar still had his Pikmin in team victories, so I'd guess that Dee was probably removed. I don't know of any other victory animations that had elements flat-out removed between games.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
It's been awhile, is that the victory pose that has the Waddle Dee appear beside him? Also, does the Waddle Dee appear when that pose is performed in Smash 4 doubles?
It is the pose with the Waddle Dee.

In Smash 4 Dedede only uses this pose in Team Battles.

I don't think this means something very important because the Waddle Dees are still in his Entrance Animation, but it's interesting.
The Waddle Dee was probably removed so it doesn't use much space in the screen, but they could've used the same animation as Smash 4...

Last edited:

SwitchButton

That is something to look out for though. I mean they could've just removed Dee because it's doubles.

Hell, as far as we know they replaced the Waddle Dee in his victory animation with Bandana Dee. Hahaha wouldn't that be horrific

Pakky

Smash Hero
Honestly, I think he's in anyway you slice it.

Even if he was in Dedede final Smash, (he wasn't just making the point ) that doesn't mean anything because Chrom is still in Robin's.

Also with Star Allies being a thing you can make BWD do a lot of stuff.

Last edited:

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
It would be something if Bandana Dee became something of a shulk like character if he does get his friendship assist thing. Ice, wind, fire, electricity and water.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
After watching the Direct yesterday, I was prepared to take a hard disconfirmation, and was ready to give in to defeat... However I don’t see Bandana Dee not being in the game as a defeat for us, but rather a victory. He wasn’t shown off at all as an Assist, Spirit, or otherwise, despite many characters being affected by the bloodbath, because of this we’re in a better standing than ever and I feel really good about us more than ever for DeeLC. So Brigadeers, don’t take this as a defeat, take it as a victory, for us fighting another day!

Royalty1702

Smash Journeyman
That is something to look out for though. I mean they could've just removed Dee because it's doubles.

Hell, as far as we know they replaced the Waddle Dee in his victory animation with Bandana Dee. Hahaha wouldn't that be horrific
That's the only thing that's scaring me so far. BWD was nowhere in the Direct, so it makes me wonder what they did to him.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
After watching the Direct yesterday, I was prepared to take a hard disconfirmation, and was ready to give in to defeat... However I don’t see Bandana Dee not being in the game as a defeat for us, but rather a victory. He wasn’t shown off at all as an Assist, Spirit, or otherwise, despite many characters being affected by the bloodbath, because of this we’re in a better standing than ever and I feel really good about us more than ever for DeeLC. So Brigadeers, don’t take this as a defeat, take it as a victory, for us fighting another day!
I've sad it before and I'll say it again: Don't celebrate Bandana Dee's survival just yet. Sakurai has advertised there being a HUGE amount of Spirits, and we only know about a fraction of them, so there is a VERY good bad chance that Bandana Dee's a spirit, especially considering his relevance in the series and the ease of making Spirits.

On top of that, Hype Killer Vergeben has confirmed not two, but THREE of the remaining DLC characters already (I'm not gonna spoil it. You can go look it up yourself). That leaves only two slots left, one of which is likely going to Byleth from FE3H, and the other is likely going to either another 3rd party or promotional character, so things really aren't looking good for our boi.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I've sad it before and I'll say it again: Don't celebrate Bandana Dee's survival just yet. Sakurai has advertised there being a HUGE amount of Spirits, and we only know about a fraction of them, so there is a VERY good bad chance that Bandana Dee's a spirit, especially considering his relevance in the series and the ease of making Spirits.

On top of that, Hype Killer Vergeben has confirmed not two, but THREE of the remaining DLC characters already (I'm not gonna spoil it. You can go look it up yourself). That leaves only two slots left, one of which is likely going to Byleth from FE3H, and the other is likely going to either another 3rd party or promotional character, so things really aren't looking good for our boi.
Oh no I’m not celebrating just yet, I’m just saying we’ve lived to fight another day, and in that regard I think that alone is a great feat for us.

And I HIGHLY doubt Sakurai would add another Fire Emblem character as DLC after what happened last time... Come on please stay just a little optimistic guys, we haven’t lost yet and we can still keep fighting.

Last edited:

Plumstar

Smash Apprentice
I'm watching the Smash bros special event in Japan live, and out of no where I found another Dedede victory animation but with the Jet hammer (I think it's new). It's really cool, but so far there's no Dee in site. BTW it was a free-for-all, not a team battle.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I personally think it would be pretty cool if Bandana Dee's abilities had an Ice Climbers-esque helper system where he can summon Sir Kibble, Chilly, and Flaming Leo.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
I am extremely confidant that Bandanna Dee will be one of the 5 DLC characters.

He pretty much is the most requested character worldwide since K.Rool got in, and a certain chompy boi killed the most common(and dumbest) argument against him and thew it with the fishes.

SwitchButton

I'm watching the Smash bros special event in Japan live, and out of no where I found another Dedede victory animation but with the Jet hammer (I think it's new). It's really cool, but so far there's no Dee in site. BTW it was a free-for-all, not a team battle.
Got a link? Have you seen the Waddle Dee Dedede victory pose in FFA yet?

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

Got a link? For the Vergeben thing I mean. Wanna see how bad.

SwitchButton

Same. If Bandanna Dee doesn't end up as DLC, then it's pretty damn depressing he got no representation at in all.
He'd be the only big request to not get any kind of acknowledgement. No assist, no Mii costume, no fighter, nothing.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Pirahana plant really saved the day

He just boosted bandana dees chances rediciously high

Only con is the stage part of the package how do we add a stage when a lot of the best ones are done?

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
He'd be the only big request to not get any kind of acknowledgement. No assist, no Mii costume, no fighter, nothing.
It'd truly be bias on Sakurai's part. There's no excuse when we've seen Magalor and the Robobot get representation.

SwitchButton

Lot of people are speculating that the Square Enix DLC character is Slime, the mascot of the Dragon Quest franchise and it's most basic enemy. Do you think both Slime and Plant being in could keep Dee out? Potentially because Sakurai wouldn't want 50% of the DLC to be mook species?

Blueant22

Smash Rookie
Hey, I just joined yesterday and I wanted to stop by and say that Bandana Dee has been my most wanted newcomer for Ultimate, alongside K. Rool, from the start and that I support him 100%.

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
I'm gonna be fully honest, I know Piranha Plant is good because the Hat Goomba meme is dead, but that only fuels to my fears that they might make a generic Waddle Dee with many different hats playable instead of Bandana Waddle Dee. :drshrug:
No Bandana.png

A generic Waddle Dee has been along the other main 3 multiple times instead of Bandana Dee, and with how Smash Ultimate seems to have a slightly bigger focus on alternate costumes, it wouldn't surprise me if they decided to add a generic Waddle Dee with a sailor hat, a bandana, a cafe hat, etc. as alternate costumes. :drfacepalm:
I know that Piranha Plant is a joke character, he's a surprise in every single way and maybe shouldn't be taken too seriously, but the fact that they're fine with adding a generic enemy in Smash just makes me even more worried than I already was. :drsad:

SwitchButton

I'm gonna be fully honest, I know Piranha Plant is good because the Hat Goomba meme is dead, but that only fuels to my fears that they might make a generic Waddle Dee with many different hats playable instead of Bandana Waddle Dee. :drshrug:
View attachment 175222
A generic Waddle Dee has been along the other main 3 multiple times instead of Bandana Dee, and with how Smash Ultimate seems to have a slightly bigger focus on alternate costumes, it wouldn't surprise me if they decided to add a generic Waddle Dee with a sailor hat, a bandana, a cafe hat, etc. as alternate costumes. :drfacepalm:
I know that Piranha Plant is a joke character, he's a surprise in every single way and maybe shouldn't be taken too seriously, but the fact that they're fine with adding a generic enemy in Smash just makes me even more worried than I already was. :drsad:
The thing about this thought is that Bandana Dee represents the Generic Waddle Dees. That's the point of his character. He's THE Waddle Dee. They'd simply default to bandana dee if they wanted a Waddle Dee in smash.

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
The thing about this thought is that Bandana Dee represents the Generic Waddle Dees. That's the point of his character. He's THE Waddle Dee. They'd simply default to bandana dee if they wanted a Waddle Dee in smash.
Yeah, that's what I expected in Kirby Battle Royale, but that's not what happened, they prioritized making a Waddle Dee with many different headgears playable over BWD, which kinda makes sense because in that game, alternate costumes for characters and abilities were a thing, BWD needs the Bandana to be BWD, and in Ultimate, many characters are getting different alternate costumes themselves and considering how marketable Waddle Dees with hats can be, it wouldn't surprise me if they added one just to have "Alternate Costumes: The Character".
I don't want to be right, but to me that just seems like a terribly possible outcome. :drsad:

Last edited:

Elin

Your face is strange... Is it always like that?
NNID
ShinySilverEevee
3DS FC
5301-1189-1305
i’m neutral on waddle dee usually, but trust me, with the reveal of piranha plant as dlc, i think it’s chances has grown considerably

it’s just my personal speculation, but as long as it’s popularity grows, it’ll get in the roster at no time now that the ‘generic enemies can’t be playable’ imaginary rule is dead

KeyOh

Smash Cadet
View attachment 175222
I think we're fine. Normal Waddle Dees still carry Dedede in for his intro animation. If you believe that being a spirit hard deconfirms a character then we've seen a standard Waddle Dee already too.
As for the regular Waddle Dee being used in marketing and stuff, I think that's just the mascot factor. Casual fans will more than likely recognize regular Waddle Dee before Bandana Dee, so it usually gets the spotlight for general merch.
Just remember that, while normal Waddle Dees get a ton of focus in marketing, Bandana Dee gets his fair share too. I think the importance regular Waddle Dees have to the series only helps him.

SwitchButton

Yeah, that's what I expected in Kirby Battle Royale, but that's not what happened, they prioritized making a Waddle Dee with many different headgears playable over BWD, which kinda makes sense because in that game, alternate costumes for characters and abilities were a thing, BWD needs the Bandana to be BWD, and in Ultimate, many characters are getting different alternate costumes themselves and considering how marketable Waddle Dees with hats can be, it wouldn't surprise me if they added one just to have "Alternate Costumes: The Character".
I don't want to be right, but to me that just seems like a terribly possible outcome. :drsad:
Bandana Dee can wear any headgear or even go naked. He does so in the light novel, Star Allies, and Rainbow Curse. Even when not wearing his bandana, he's still "Bandana Waddle Dee" because that's his name. It's who he is. Alt costumes with different hats is possible for Bandana Dee.

I don't think we gotta worry.

Last edited:

Skyline1992

Smash Apprentice
Despite the bloodbath of deconfirmations in the last direct, Bandana Dee is still going strong. Heres hoping you guys get your wish.

D

Deleted member

Going strong with support.

Got the D's back.

Also fearing the worst, but still have hope.

KeyOh

Smash Cadet
There was a Daisy spirit on the Nintendo Live stream, so it looks like we definitely don't have to worry about Spirits deconfirming Bandana Dee now.

Top Bottom