• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Legend of Dee - Our Star Ally as DeeLC?! (v(- ' ' -)>↑

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Ok, so from what I've gathered, here are the facts about the DLC characters. Take with a grain of salt

-They still have the 2015 limit, since they were decided alongside the main game (Both Rex and Spring Man being denied sets this in stone for me)
-There are only 5
-One of them is a Square Enix character

So this means that there's 4 chances left for Bandana Dee to be added. Who do you guys think these 5 characters could be? I LEGIT have no idea, cause EVERY SINGLE TOP REQUEST got friggin Thanos'd except Dee
I believe in Vergeben's sources that say that a Square Enix Representative and Minecraft Representative will be in Smash at some point.
So I feel like Steve is a lock.

For Square Enix characters Geno seems the most likely, as the Geno Mii Costume hasn't been shown.

Unless Sakurai pulls another Piranha Plant, which he very well might do. I feel like the last three characters can be pulled from this bucket:

• Bandana Dee
  • Banjo & Kazooie
  • Dixie Kong
  • Shantae
  • Chorus Men
  • Mach Rider
  • Tails
  • Rayman

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
hope we get our day and I cant wait to play December is only 1 month away. and not to be off topic here but i dont want to miss out on getting out potted ally for free.

How does that even work? It kinda confused me. Just buy the game normally and you get him free or does it need to be digital or you gotta buy the season pass or something?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
How does that even work? It kinda confused me. Just buy the game normally and you get him free or does it need to be digital or you gotta buy the season pass or something?
Either buy the game digitally (in which case the game's automatically registered on My Nintendo) or get a physical copy, hit the Plus button on the Switch's menu, and register the game through My Nintendo to get the Gold Coins.

Also, if you miss the window for getting it free, it'll be available for purchase regardless.

Nebunera

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys!

So Incineroar is the last base newcomer but since they are interested in post content, and Kirby is canonically the best, we can have Bandana Dee to help him out!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I believe in Vergeben's sources that say that a Square Enix Representative and Minecraft Representative will be in Smash at some point.

For Square Enix characters Geno seems the most likely, as the Geno Mii Costume hasn't been shown.

Unless Sakurai pulls another Piranha Plant, which he very well might do. I feel like the last three characters can be pulled from this bucket:

• Bandana Dee
  • Banjo & Kazooie
  • Dixie Kong
  • Shantae
  • Chorus Men
  • Mach Rider
  • Tails
  • Rayman
Seems fair.

Although, since not even V managed to see PP coming, it's a toss-up as to how many or if any of these would be leaked.

Last edited:

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
After that last reveal, I think our boy deserves a chance. People can't use the generic enemy argument anymore. :rotfl:

SwitchButton

In their direct discussion, Gamexplain flat out admits that Piranha Plant basically destroys their "Should bandana dee be playable in smash" video where they call him too generic.

It's nice to hear validation since many of us don't like that video

SwitchButton

Redid the PushDustin chart with the real final characters.

Green = Confirmed
Red = Assist
Purple = Spirit

preDLC ballot chart.png

Puyo Puyo girl, Banjo, and Jibanyan can be handwaved as Nintendo simply having no interest in paying for the rights, but as of now only two first party Nintendo characters are currently unaccounted for: Paper Mario and Bandana Waddle Dee.

Have we seen ANY Paper characters as Spirits? I'm not sure where I stand on Paper Mario but holy cow guys, we are at the absolute boiling point when it comes to Bandana Dee smash evidence.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I realllly want Bandana Waddle Dee for DLC, that would be amazing. He's one of the characters I'll definitely be rooting for!

Vingag

Smash Apprentice
Hey Deelievers, it's been nice to read that we're all still mostly positive! I've been a bit disappointed for most of today, even though the biggest WTF of Piranha Plant does look like an interesting fighter and I wouldn't mind giving them a shot, and even Incineroar (whom I was never very interested in making it in) looks interesting enough.

I do have a pessimistic question though: With each DLC pack including a fighter, stage, and music tracks does it really look that good for BWD? Why would the developers release a DLC pack filled with music from Kirby when they could have just included it in the base game? This being said, I'm wondering if we could expect more free DLC fighters along the way, in which case I can definitely see BWD making it in.

SwitchButton

Why would the developers release a DLC pack filled with music from Kirby when they could have just included it in the base game?
To go along with the new stage. Kirby doesn't have a stage based on ANY modern games yet

Camc10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cam10_84
3DS FC
3625-9535-8650
To go along with the new stage. Kirby doesn't have a stage based on ANY modern games yet
to go along with with, theres still a couple of Game BDee is in that arent repped in Music. spefifically Star Aillies and Battle Royale.

GooberHonker

Smash Rookie
to go along with with, theres still a couple of Game BDee is in that arent repped in Music. spefifically Star Aillies and Battle Royale.
If we get the Apple Juice Song or even just Apple Harvest, I'll probably die.
Also Unhooded Hyness would be a great Star Allies pick

Tiymako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tiymako
3DS FC
3969-4335-6560
Switch FC
4983-0183-9411
Hi there friends, just wanted to pop by and say that I am still up for BWD! Let's get that little guy in as DeeLC!!

SleepyPyukumuku

Smash Rookie
I think Bandana Dee has a good chance at DLC. He isn't an assist trophy and he could've been a Spirit, especially since other post-Sakurai characters are, but instead they used regular Waddle Dee.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
  • Shantae

• Chorus Men

• Mach Rider

• Tails

• Rayman
Shantae is a spirit
Chorus kids are a big no, just like Waluigi Sakurai knows a lot of people ironically want them, he's not putting in meme characters
Mach Rider is like impossible, how do you create a moveset for a character on a bike? Besides, in the August direct, mach Rider's theme was shown in the "other" section. There simply isn't enough topull from to make MR a fighter.
If we couldn't get Shadow, we're certainly not getting Tails
Ubisoft representation is possible, Rayman seems likely.

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
Shantae is a spirit
Chorus kids are a big no, just like Waluigi Sakurai knows a lot of people ironically want them, he's not putting in meme characters
Mach Rider is like impossible, how do you create a moveset for a character on a bike? Besides, in the August direct, mach Rider's theme was shown in the "other" section. There simply isn't enough topull from to make MR a fighter.
If we couldn't get Shadow, we're certainly not getting Tails
Ubisoft representation is possible, Rayman seems likely.
How in the world are the Chorus Kids meme characters? People who want a Rhythm Heaven character tend to gravitate towards them (probably due to Gematsu back during smash 4 speculation) or Karate Joe.
And while I'm not confident about Mach Rider, after Piranha Plant, I'm pretty sure Sakurai can give a moveset to anything, or anyone who has limbs.

Marvel-Otaku-Man

Smash Apprentice
Right, here's what I hope. Sakurai said him and his team haven't even begin working on the dlc characters yet. So if our boy is in, he could potential have a moveset based on post 2015 games! I'm hoping for that one idea tossed around of BanDee wielding a double headed Parasol/Spear combo.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
How in the world are the Chorus Kids meme characters? People who want a Rhythm Heaven character tend to gravitate towards them (probably due to Gematsu back during smash 4 speculation) or Karate Joe.
It's just what I've seen; most requests I've seen for Chorus Kids end up being ironic and turning into meme discussions. These weren't on Smashboards, so I'll take it with a grain of salt.

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
In their direct discussion, Gamexplain flat out admits that Piranha Plant basically destroys their "Should bandana dee be playable in smash" video where they call him too generic.

It's nice to hear validation since many of us don't like that video
Derrick even seemed happy about this. We have friends in high places!

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
After that last reveal, I think our boy deserves a chance. People can't use the generic enemy argument anymore. :rotfl:
dude... teh problem with bandana dee.. is that he isn't generic enough! people though the "mook" in the "mook with a hat" argument was the problem, but it was always the "hat" /s

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Our boi has survived all the AT cullings so far. Here’s hoping for DeeLC!!

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
Bandana Dee is the only character I REALLY wanted in Smash not to be deconfirmed in yesterday's direct. My hope is higher than Kilimanjaro!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Because it shows that people with the responsibility to run a big channel still put their own personal feelings about a fighter before making sure everyone agrees with them.

And everyone does. We all want Dee in Smash!
really? last i heard they were pretty mean about such things

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

• Bandana Dee
  • Banjo & Kazooie
  • Dixie Kong
  • Shantae
  • Chorus Men
  • Mach Rider
  • Tails
  • Rayman
I'd add Crash Bandicoot on the off chance that Sakurai is just trying to make PSASBR look even more embarrassing and Sceptile from the campaign he had for Grass type reps back in the day.

BWD with Modern Kirby stage sounds like it could work well in any case.

StormC

Smash Hero
Bandana Dee and Banjo-Kazooie are basically the last characters I would want to see that I think have a decent shot at making it. I think the fact that Bandana Dee deliberately did not show up in Spirits footage - while say, Dixie did several times - makes me think he could actually make it, possibly as the only Nintendo newcomer to do so. I have renewed optimism, cautious as it may be. I really hope he can be DeeLC and modern Kirby can get its day.

I'm not sure what the future holds, but we survived this battle, and that's good for now, let's just hope we win the war.

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
I personally believe Bandana Dee being a spirit is still a very real possibility, potentially being the enhanced form of the regular Waddle Dee (or maybe it's Parasol Dee or Waddle Doo instead). I'm quite hesitant on calling anything as of this moment, and my gut tells me we'll only be getting third party DLC from series we haven't seen yet. I also believe that spirits are soft deconfirmations. I know the likes of K. Rool and Kirby have gotten spirits themselves, but they were "Kaptain K. Rool" and "Robobot Armor Kirby", not "King K. Rool" or "Kirby". The game definitely seems to think them distinct. And I know about Lucas and Mewtwo, but considering these things have gameplay effects, I'm unsure. It REALLY depends on when the DLC characters were decided upon, which is unknown. But depending on how you interpret it, Rex's Mii costume segment could imply that DLC has been decided as early as the project plan. Although that REALLY doesn't sound right in my head. But as of right now, I believe spirits are (soft) deconfirmations.

But my gut has been wrong atleast 90% of the time, so who knows? For now, I'm just keeping my expectations low. I'm just incredibly conflicted as to what to think regarding spirits in terms of speculation.

On a more positive note, I'd like to take this moment to appreciate my boy finally getting some recognition.
1541197496924.png

And on another note, it seems Meta Knight's Final smash may have been inspired by Star Allies. Although the pose he strikes at the start seems to be one of Dark Meta Knight's. Thoughts on this?

Last edited:
Top Bottom