• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BAM ideas

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Looking to gauge intrest here as its being discussed on fb but not everyone is on fb.

What do you want bam funding to go to?

Nova is willing to put a large sum of money towards the event (3-4k) so id like to see what the community wants from this.

Bigger prizes? Cheaper/free entry? After party? Sponsored players from around aus/internationals?

Whatever makes the most people happy (apart from SA as per nova lol)

:phone:

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
I'm going to put a biased vote towards sponsoring interstaters =)

Dekar289

Smash Hero
with that sort of investment going directly into prize money, we could advertise a huge prize pool and turn this year's BAM into something really really big, with top players from all around the world coming to australia

or we could save that sorta thing for the harry ponting memorial tournament (year tbd) and instead focus on celebrating australian smash with interstate sponsorships (get all dem old retired d00ds back too for one big hoo hah!)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
if BAM's in early september, i doubt you could muster up the due hype in time. hype takes like 6-12 months to fabricate.

in any case, i'm down for a larger payouts across more placements, but an afterparty sounds pretty dope, so long as the party idea is dope. could potentially be boring

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
i like more spread payments or lower entry/sponsoring personally. after party does sound mad dope but kinda wanna see something to boost then scene too rather than be a cool kids party lol

too many people not old enough to drink yet at this bam, like billy

god dammit billy

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
a private smash party would solve that problem ;) but true it wouldn't be everyone's kinda thing.

Splice

Smash Hero
Will be 18 for BAM

****yesyousuckbilly.gif
Whatever, you'll die before me robsta.
And that's not because you're older either...

toomanydrugsbro

I'm sorry guys, I'll try my best to be 18 next year! I promise! I've been practising getting older so one day I can be like you! :D

I think with the money you should increase Melee singles and doubles, and Brawl singles and doubles pots. Put ~400 aside to sponsor a couple of greats from other states, like S.D, Kas/Syke, Jaice, Anyone else that needs financial help. The NSW guys seem pretty set tbh but it might be helpful for them too.

I also think with this much money it'd be more beneficial to the event for top 7 for singles and top 4 for doubles. This creates more reachable goals for more people and I believe generates more hype for some groups of people. As far as generating more attendance, that's based more around "how much will I get for 1st/2nd/3rd" which is why even with top 7, first should still be no less than 40, could even be 50.
40/25/10/7.5/5/5/3.75/3.75 (Singles)
60/20/15/5 (Doubles)
65/25/7.5/2.5 if you wanted to keep it more loaded up the front end for doubles.

This should still end up with around $500 for first in singles pretty easily (idk how you want to split it with doubles), accounting for money that we would spare to put towards helping interstaters. I think it's a bit too late to attract internationals with a big pot now anyway, hopefully mango would consider coming down because of <3 and Tech_Chase will probably come down around that time as well, which is sufficient imo.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer

woxy approves.

60/30/10 seems ok to me for teams, since it's shared between 6 people anyway

Jamwa

Smash Champion

woxy approves.

60/30/10 seems ok to me for teams, since it's shared between 6 people anyway
my first vote is lazer skirmish, but this is good too, no one needs to win 60% of such a large donation

Splice

Smash Hero
=)

60/30/10 is definitely still a very good option for doubles too
It's sort of hard to say because I don't know if we're going to give doubles the same priority of Nova's donation as singles. If it's the same as singles, I think up to 4th place should really be considered, if it's given a lot less of a pot boost then singles, then top 3 is probably the way to go. :)

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
A probably-still-biased-but-actually-serious suggestion. I would prefer the money be used for something we can all enjoy, rather than just a pot injection.

Having joined the Sydney scene last year, I really haven't known the hype of the tourneys during the prime of the scene. Even ACL Melb was disappointing with its low turnout and lack of organisation (but meeting everyone was great =D). I can see people are already trying to make BAM really hyped, but I think it would be good if we could possibly use a donation to further this. I don't know the best way to do this - perhaps it could be used to sponsor interstaters who would otherwise be unable to make it, especially those who have been absent from the scene for a while (I saw mentions of SD, Syke). Perhaps we could even use it to sponsor an international (DeLux maybe?).

Just throwing random ideas, but I really do think the best thing we could do with a donation is to use it to build hype, and make BAM a more exciting experience for everyone.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
If we sponser an international, itd have to be someone amazing. Delux is good, but he's no a11y or m-two-k.

Some pot injection would be nice; acl's pot was pretty woeful.

Sponsoring interstaters is preferred.

:phone:

tedeth

Smash Master
After party would be epic goods.

We could have a decorative javelin as the centrepiece.

Like pot injections would make this a memorable tourney, after party would make it an epic event that we could always remember with our good smash buddies.

DD_

Smash Journeyman
What about sprinking a little love into the amateur brackets? That way there is a chance I get to eat some lunch on the weekend :D

tibs7

Smash Champion
sponsors melee and brawl?
s.d, comboturtle,syke, corpse, amaterasu? just to name a few

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Invisi dont even go into the organisation, its everyones fault for not playing straight away and just playing friendlies.

sponsor Mekos.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
*Is Knova*

A couple of notes:

- Nobody from WA or SA are getting sponsored (unless they're Melee players)
- I'm honestly against the idea of using the money to sponsor people from other countries (if the pot is high enough and people have good contacts like Cao, we could get them here anyway).
- Even though I've made it clear about a million times, SA does not qualify because of Apollo stealing money and using it for a stupid Brawl pot back in QLD earlier this year, and all the dip$hits agreed with him despite me being told Melee got nothing and Apollo directly took credit it. Thus even if a SA person gets 2.5 or whatever the ultimate case is decided, they don't get the bonus, just the normal pot. Complaints are automatically laughed at and flushed.
- Cao will in charge of an afterparty (which SA are not invited to) because I think he is probably the best person for it, 18+ is probably preferred.
- Given how much I brought to badhellaide for Reloaded, I will be willing to help bring "very good" (Syke, Kas, S.D etc) to this, this won't effect the 4k (now confirmed) pot.

SOMEONE QUOTE THIS POST, PREFERABLY IN THE MAIN POST BEFORE I AM DELETED, KTHX

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
- Cao will in charge of an afterparty (which SA are not invited to) because I think he is probably the best person for it, 18+ is probably preferred.
- Given how much I brought to badhellaide for Reloaded, I will be willing to help bring "very good" (Syke, Kas, S.D etc) to this, this won't effect the 4k (now confirmed) pot.
Balllleeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Splice

Smash Hero
All sounds good to me, even the 18+ afterparty because I think you'll all have a great time :D

4k into pot + Bringing other very good players over? That's ****ing legendary Nova, Hats Off

Top Bottom