• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Baltimore Tourney at UMBC - Next: TBD

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
Thanks everyone for coming out and making this a fun event. An extra special thanks to Bowsertree for bringing his laptop to use for the tourney, G-reg for being amazing and helping out, Plairnkk and CK for helping me out. There were probably other people that I can't recall off the top of my head, so thanks to all for help and cooperating nsht. We were able to pull off both doubles and singles despite some setbacks. I learned some stuff that will help prevent any BS from happening in the future. Also, all of the UMBC events from now on will start at 10AM! Tournaments will begin at noon at which time we will get the 2 extra tv's. Late sleepers like myself will have to step it up and go to bed before 4am.

Mew2King is considering attending one of the UMBC events? Nice, now let's get Azen and ChuDat over here and we'll have a sweet tournament.

I need to find people that have the old style gamecubes with Digital Out (not Analog) so we can use the LCD tv's. As we saw today, Analog Out lags on lcd tv's with HDTV. If digital doesn't lag, then it's possible to have 10 tv's in total if we had all 3 LCD tv's plus 7 regular tv's. Then we could support even more people... :D Also, no one complained when someone brought in a tv today. I'll talk to some people and see if I can allow us to bring tv's next time.

People were asking when I'll schedule the next event. Well, the answer is when no one else has a major fest going on in the area. The reason I started hosting events at UMBC is cause Hat could no longer hosts events at Piano Man. Also, Bowsertree's place is kind of small for the demand that MD/VA players present. In the short term, I plan to have a mini-smashfest on Friday from 4:30pm till midnight like we did last time. We had Chinesahh, Vist, Bowsertree, Nicholas, Freakachu, and Julien last Friday for a total of 7 including myself.

As for a long term, major event of a similar size to today (49 registered in singles), I am thinking last weekend of April or early May. I have to look at what other people are planning and arrange my event so nothing else is going on at the same time. I'm not going to set a date and tell everyone else to do things around my event, cause uhh the whole point of this is to give people somewhere to play.

Shoutouts:

Husband and Wife - thanks for scheduling time off work for today. It was cool having you dominate everything haha.... and Wife sounds the same as he does on the 06 MLG commentaries. I want to practice with you guys... we'll discuss it on AIM.

Team Ben - thanks for coming. You guys are all really good.

Kirbstir - you're as good as those vids show. I enjoyed playing your peach.

G-reg - amazing falcon combos!!!!!! z0mg, I'm trying my best to step it up so I can compete.

Doll - you're so much fun to play, like Nicholas. I'll have to practice on Mute City so I might have a chance. I foresee a lot of losses in the near future against Nicholas. :|

Tin - good games in the tournament.

robusto - GGs, thanks for coming - I've never seen you at any other events. Luigi is not a bad character, but I have experience fighting them thanks to Bowsertree :)

Colin - good matches. Keep working on that sheik. I practiced up on my vs sheik game in the last 2 weeks, so I knew what to do :)

nikk - good teaming with you. Like I said earlier, if you practice up on your technical game, I think you could be as good as DOSV if not better. We were actually very close to winning some of the games today.

5%Tax - Nice pika. You remind me of M2K ;) hahaha I dunno if I should say that or not tho lol

Kiwi and the other 2 girls - you guys are so cool! I want a gf that goes to smash events with me. That's like a guy who goes to the clothing section of the mall for 5 hours with his gf because he enjoys it.

Bmore's Finest - we had like everyone but RaRaRachael today! It was great. I even got in half a game with NKK! lol

Until next time!

kirbstir

Smash Lord
Haha, my bad, now I'm just confused

Tell her to start posting on smashboards and playing in tourneys!

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
UMBC - thanks again for finding that copy of smash i left behind. That could have been bad.
GGs everyone
You're welcome.

SOMEONE TOOK MY PLATINUM CONTROLLER!!!! It has lots of grey sweat marks and worn off paint on the bottom. It also sucks; no one likes it, so please give it back. Someone also left a black controller with a green end on it. I actually like it more than my own controller, but... yeah, I'd like my controller back and I'll give this controller back to the owner.

JASONA, I have your cube!!! I hope you don't mind if I use it.... lol j/k

Zero34

Smash Lord
wow. if turnouts are this good, expect me at the next one. these last couples months of school are crazy hectic with AP testing and all so ive been out of it but ill try to come to the next tournament

kiwiii

Smash Lord
blahblahblah. my name is zero. i study for AP tests. i'm a nerd. play me in smash. >:3

=)

uhhhhhhhhhh. that one tv was laggy as ****. i did not enjoy my sheik reacting 1 second late from my controller. good **** to everyone who came out. sorry for getting upset, but it wasn't towards anyone but myself :( and tin ! come over on monday with zero, aero, fob, korn, etc. if you want. im gonna try to have a fest (no school). and stop dressing so nice. haha.

gg everyone
too lazy for shoutouts

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
i just got back from church...3 - h o u r s - l o n g . . . . . . .

good shizz. i got to step it up. my link is sucking so hard at these torneys that i have to resort to my fox = top teir gayyness - dead tired.

FOB - good job at almost dieing today. i cant believe i missed it.
greg - more friendlies. good shiz. you kno u love my mindgamey fox.
tin - my cheering is hardcore
chz1 - MM win and out. thats how we do.
DOSV - gayyness. i know.
rei - DOUBLE FOX! we should randomly team more often.
doll - thanks for everything...except beating me in torney.
ck - think of it this way, "You play the way you practice."
team richmond - we need to play more often, cyrain - thanks for the advice. fox dittos?
EE - we have potential.
blues - amazing

sorry to pple i missed...o yea. janet - where's the improvment?! lol we'll work on that.

i wish i could smash more. i just never have time to. = tru story.

Tin

Smash Journeyman
Ewww Zero, it's only April, AP TESTS DON'T START UNTIL MAY 7TH YOU VIETNAMESE NERD. You suck. But thanks for reminding, I too need to study.

And hahaha, thanks Kiwi, I try I try. And I don't think I can go to any fest, no rides, : (

kiwiii

Smash Lord
"janet - where's the improvment?! lol we'll work on that"

i actually did improve since the last time we played.
i just squandered out the assdick today and i'm upset that i couldnt prove it.
-_-
fonz knows the truth.
lasdkjflkdf. *screams* -_- *throws something while at it*

:( @ tin. c3? plenty of more set-ups there = better opportunity to squeeze in a few matches. yay?

Aero

Smash Journeyman
You're welcome.

SOMEONE TOOK MY PLATINUM CONTROLLER!!!! It has lots of grey sweat marks and worn off paint on the bottom. It also sucks; no one likes it, so please give it back. Someone also left a black controller with a green end on it. I actually like it more than my own controller, but... yeah, I'd like my controller back and I'll give this controller back to the owner.

JASONA, I have your cube!!! I hope you don't mind if I use it.... lol j/k
that black controller is fob's

aho43

Smash Lord
i enjoyed this. it wouldve been nice if i had kept husband + wife outta top 2. good stuff guys.

Bizjark

Smash Rookie
Nice outcome, and I really like the UMBC place, even more so then the Piano Man, not as cramped and theres other things to do for people waiting turns or just not playing Smash. I entered as ryan, just thought id be lame and unoriginal :p

Few shoutouts:

Ace- Nice matches man. You were my favorite person there cause you convinced me that I don't really suck, haha. I could actually beat someone. Keep practicing man, I look forward to seeing you at more of these.

Kirbstir- Wow, wtf? 2 matches against Peach and I didn't get a single kill? Way to kill my self esteem, first time ever facing a good Peach so I really didn't know what to expect. Now I do, not that it'll change anything. I really need to learn to wavedash one of these days...

Korn- **** man, what an *** kicking you served me. Both Falcon and Marth, two characters I try on occasion being killed me horribly. Almost 4 stocked me twice, but somehow managed one measly kill there at the end. Again, I need to learn to wavedash.

The laggy tv's were good for one thing at least, no one used them for tourny matches so I got to play all the friendlies I wanted there :D. Good matches to everyone I played both with and against for all them double matches. Once you get used to the lag, it really isn't that bad. Definetly got me some good practice with my falcon.

So I've got a lot of practicing to do, I'm still a newb to the large majority of people that were there. But I don't care, I have fun. I'll try to make it to the next one and more to follow.

cmart

Smash Lord
That laggy TV cant be as bad as the TV that almost turned completely white. Just ask Cmart after he Fox dittoed me.
Actually it was worse, no joke. The lag was unreal, like something only told of in stories, but couldn't possibly exist in reality.

Zero34

Smash Lord
stupid kiwi and tin....

you better watch out. the SECOND i have a come back, im bring IT. and IT is gonna be brought. hard. really really hard

Tin

Smash Journeyman
Wow, Kirbstir and I are on the same wavelength...

I didn't know Kiwi and I turn you on that much Zero.

much<3 Nurok

Oh and UMBC, I don't think that black controller is FOB, I clearly remember getting his controller for him, unless it left it somewhere on the campus again....

Nightmare KoRn Kid

Smash Champion
Yeah i got a silver controler that was picked up by mistake, it's pretty much unmakred aside

Silver
has a mark on the bottom of the controler like a scratch

Whoever's this is, I'll give it back to them whevern i see them

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
Yeah i got a silver controler that was picked up by mistake, it's pretty much unmakred aside

Silver
has a mark on the bottom of the controler like a scratch

Whoever's this is, I'll give it back to them whevern i see them
That must be mine!!!! You left later in the day too. I'm positive, it... must... be mine!

Tin, the controller I found was on a chair directly outside the game room. It has a green plug and white B and A buttons.

Edit: Aero, one of the girls at the event was UNTAKEN??!! hahaha just kidding, I think I can find girls outside of smash... maybe...

Tin

Smash Journeyman
That must be mine!!!! You left later in the day too. I'm positive, it... must... be mine!

Tin, the controller I found was on a chair directly outside the game room. It has a green plug and white B and A buttons.

Edit: Aero, one of the girls at the event was UNTAKEN??!! hahaha just kidding, I think I can find girls outside of smash... maybe...
Wow, that is indeed FOB's controller. What a forgetful silly boy, he even left his controller there even though I took it out for him. Tsk tsk

Top Bottom