• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Baltimore Tourney at UMBC - Next: TBD

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
=] 13th ..mm i think i get a bit better
by randomly using sheik ..im glad that i watched lot vids of hoshinokirby's sheik lol

i wish i have record when i played against G-reg falcon ditto.. it was really really good matches =)
G-reg mind game & combo are ridiculous... >____<

i might be able to go UMBC the next one :3

EDIT: Kiwi.............i have school monday T______T ...make a fest at ur house another time
plzz... =(

Wife

Smash Lord
yeah it was real fun guys gg to everyone i played and i look forward to another.

see everyone at c3 next weekend

FOB

Smash Ace
I like my controller ^_^ I opened it up to take out the rumble pak and paint the buttons. Its a lot lighter.

<3 Husband's controller. Its amazing. I want to buy a mario controller but i'm poor. =(

Quick Shoutouts to anyone I remember.

Korn- Good **** today. We placed the same again!
Cmart- Whew. Too close. Switching to bowser wasn't the greatest choice though. Nice samus.
5%- Switch back to sheeiiikk. You've been doing bad lately.....
Dosv- haha funny team matches
Husband- Your controller is amazing (again)
UMBC- I like this place a lot. It almost makes up for ccx. ^_^ especially with the food so close.
Nikk- hahahhaha I'm not chin.
EE- Anti-EE stategy!!
Hat- Nice job on the first match.
Kiwi- Sorry... =(.. Your sheik has been looking really good though. You and meep pulled off some nasty team matches.
Meep- NO! MASA! ^_^
Masa- hahaha That was quite scary. When we got home we couldn't stop thinking about how I almost died today. Fun team matches.
Omni- I <3 your fox. It moves so fast and nicely. I feel like I'm watching a river of sparks. and I'm not chin!! ^_^
Rei- ahahha you came WAY to late
Cyrain- Good job... being FAT and SHORT!!
Isra- I see Seph... I see...
Btree- MONEY SHOT!! DO THE MONEY SHOT!! CMON FOB! DO that tripple bair!!
Blues- Aero likes to snore doesn't he. Maybe you would have done better if Aero hadn't been snoring all night. You should blame losing to him on that. ^_^ jk
CK- wahhh .... Green greens is gayy I'm going to beat you next time. >=)
Tope- Never point your backside to me ever again.

Husband

Smash Lord
Yeah, when is the next date going to be? But plz make sure that the tourney STARTS at 12, not at two. Ppl are fine with getting there at noon

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
Yeah, when is the next date going to be? But plz make sure that the tourney STARTS at 12, not at two. Ppl are fine with getting there at noon
I'm looking at making the next tournament on April 28 from 10am till midnight, with the first tournament (doubles) beginning promptly at noon. I'm waiting on a reply from ChuDat; if it's in the affirmative then I'll work on reserving the game room and reserving 2 extra tv's with The Commons Operations Staff.

Ghostype

Smash Champion
I'm working on the 28th, but I may be able to lend you my laptop the day before the tournament, and probably be able to enter the second event (when would singles start you think?) when I get off work.

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
I'm working on the 28th, but I may be able to lend you my laptop the day before the tournament, and probably be able to enter the second event (when would singles start you think?) when I get off work.
When we start depends on a number of variables (i.e. number of people, when they get there, if there is an event after mine). It would be awesome if you could let us borrow your laptop until you get to the event; you know how much easier it makes running the tournament. I'm guessing singles would start around 2pm, but that's just a guess.

This summer I plan to purchase an external HDD and dual boot my laptop on windows/linux. That way I can run Tournament Maker, windows movie maker, Adobe Premier Pro 7, and capture video.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Hey, if anyone wants to play smash this week, pm me, I live right between Baltimore and D.C.

I need to play people that are good. My friends are not that good, but they're getting better, and I just need to learn how to fight good smashers, Because I got crushed at this tournament.

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Maybe come to UMBC Friday, and if you wanna try coming down here to my house someday this week between 4:30-9PM you could. Few miles from UMBC.

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
Edit: I'm working on doing the next event starting at 2pm and ending at midnight on April 28th. I would make doubles begin at 3pm and singles begin after doubles. I'll be able to confirm things soon.

I changed the thread title to reflect the new date. It's tentative, but there is a very high chance this will go down on that date.

kiwiii

Smash Lord
whoo-hoo, i'll be there

is my place on the way for anyone? i need a ride. T_T i'll pay $5 for gas

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i wanted to prove you wrong, but the tourney im going to is 247 miles away. i phail. :p

Vist

Smash Champion
UMBC- there is another event going on somewhat nearby and that's JC Media's thing at C3. There really hasn't been much response to JC Media's thread since there was confusion about whether or not it was going to actually happen (b/c renegade isn't part of it).

Anyway I'd much rather be here than at C3 and since I have work that day i might make it for either doubles or singles but not both

FOB

Smash Ace
FOB, what if someone (like me) raided your base and stole your fried rice, white rice and your soy sauce too?
Then you would be a very rich man (rice-wise), because I stole every grain of fried rice from every base.

Anyways, I want my controller back... T_T Its weird playing with other controllers. UMBC, if you could, it would be SOO great if you could possibaly pass the controller to someone elese in the Baltimore area that goes to a lot of tournaments. (Cmart, Btree, EE, Frozen, Hat)

that would be great... ^_^

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
Then you would be a very rich man (rice-wise), because I stole every grain of fried rice from every base.

Anyways, I want my controller back... T_T Its weird playing with other controllers. UMBC, if you could, it would be SOO great if you could possibaly pass the controller to someone elese in the Baltimore area that goes to a lot of tournaments. (Cmart, Btree, EE, Frozen, Hat)

that would be great... ^_^
I agree. I want my controller back too though. NKK apparently has mine, and I want it back soon.

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
Added lists of attending and possibly attending to first page based off of who normally shows (to Bmore tourneys) and who I have talked to since last tourney.

I heard rumors of ChuDat attending this...

The first UMBC tournament had 25 people. The second UMBC tournament had 49. I like ~50 people, however it is possible to set up more tv's with your help should we want/need to go much larger.

If anyone has an older style gamecube with a Nintendo Gamecube Component Video Cable port (Digital Out), please bring it with the cord. If this truly does eliminate (all) lag on HDTVs with progressive scan, then there are 3x32" LCD tv's we could use. If they didn't have any lag, they would actually be pretty nice. I'm going to invest in one Nintendo Gamecube Component Video Cable for this purpose. I am currently in possession of Jasona's gamecube, and it has the Digital Out port on it, so I'm going to use it and maybe trade my platinum gamecube for his if this does the trick on HDTVs. The only problem is these Nintendo Gamecube Component Video Cables are discontinued, rare, and VERY EXPENSIVE ($36.95 shipped on eBay for one that ended just now). I could almost buy a gamecube for this amount. I can afford to purchase one of these cords, but that's it for now.

It is also possible to purchase a component cable for the Wii (different port than on Gamecube), which is much cheaper. A Wii could then be used on one of the lcds.

The only thing is I have to check to see if the lcds run at 480p or 480i. The best scenario is they are 480p... I'm not sure what to do if they are an even higher resolution. I'll figure this all out soon.

edit: shelled out $40 for a component cable. I hope this works...

kiwiii

Smash Lord
yea i'm not sure which one i'm going to anymore

all of DA is gonna be at the jc media c3 thingyy -_-;; .. but umbc is two times cheaper. and lasts 'til midnight?

:(

humm.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
UMBC: The Gamecube component cables for GC and Wii do not fully get rid of lag from what I've seen, and nearly no one has GC comp. cables (less than 1% iirc)

For games like TP it's ok, but Zelda: nah. Now, which tourney to go to ^_^ Who missed me?

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
UMBC: The Gamecube component cables for GC and Wii do not fully get rid of lag from what I've seen, and nearly no one has GC comp. cables (less than 1% iirc)

For games like TP it's ok, but Zelda: nah. Now, which tourney to go to ^_^ Who missed me?
Yeah, I'm going to experiment with the component business between now and the 28th.

I miss you, Redd... I mean, I've never even had the chance to play you once. :(

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Haha, I don't think we've ever been to a same tourney (unless you were at the random Cville where there were only teams)

Top Bottom