• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Baltimore Tourney at UMBC - Next: TBD

Frozen

Smash Lord
this is how i spend my saturday night *shrug*
I thoroughly enjoyed mine >.<

Not to be a MasaNurok though....I really wish I could have made it.

Speaking of which, heard the final match ended after a knee phantomed, that's some bad luck man =X

Good **** on 3'rd/4'th Korn/Boss

See everyone next Saturday, assuming something's going down.....it probably is.

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
Doubles Results:

1. Newlyweds (Husband + Wife, obviously)
2. Team Nasty (Aho + Fonz)
3. Meep/Kaiser
4. KirbUMBC
5. Team Unzipped (Voodoo + Tin)
5. Korn/Aero
7. Yo + M
7. Team Pleasant (DOSV + Hat)
9. Team Easy (Vist + Quin)
9. G-reg + EE
9. Princess (Dreadlord Santa + Brum)
9. Maple Story (Pissedoffdude829 + Arsnick)
13. Maverick Hunters (Hova + Blues)
13. Thunder Armor (Saixer + Catman)
13. Bowzuhchu (Forte + Ada)

Singles Results:

1. Aho
2. G-reg
3. Korn
4. Boss
5. Vist
5. Kirbstir
7. Fonz
7. Meep
9. DOSV
9. Bowsertree
9. Hova
9. Aero
13. Voodoo
13. UMBC SS
13. EEVisu
13. Deadlord Santa
17. Chred
17. HAT
17. Evan
17. Rebel581
17. JCaesar007
17. im2emo4myshrt
17. Arsnick
17. M
25. Deathkitten
25. Yo
25. Saixer
25. forte
25. Brum
25. Catman
25. Windshade
25. Nacker
33. Ada
33. gaara

Thanks everyone for coming and waiting for Korn and Aero *looks at Vist*. The tournament was probably the most interesting I've entered, since I didn't have obvious stumbling blocks by people like Mew2king or ChuDat or Chillin or (insert pro name here). This time I really felt like I deserved my losses. Good **** Hova and Bowsertree in particular for beating me. I also really enjoyed all the friendlies after the singles tournament. It was cool that the people who placed top 3 actually stayed after and played for fun. I for one appreciated it.

aho43

Smash Lord
I thoroughly enjoyed mine >.<

Not to be a MasaNurok though....I really wish I could have made it.

Speaking of which, heard the final match ended after a knee phantomed, that's some bad luck man =X

Good **** on 3'rd/4'th Korn/Boss

See everyone next Saturday, assuming something's going down.....it probably is.
its something i clearly planned ahead of time. i got phantom kneed and then i got a gimp KO to finish the final match of the last stock of final set. ^_^ b

My only shoutout goes to Little Dingy. Truly the people's champion.

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Good times. Good **** @ Korn, Fonz, and G-reg for making me wanna quit Samus. >_>

JD - good stuff.

UMBC - good stuff. Let's play soon or something.

Meep - thanks for all those matches.

Techno - good stuff reappearing, let's set up a weekend to smash or something.

Vista - NOOOOOOO

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Shoutouts later, too tired,
korn, technomancer, boss good **** for coming back with us, had a blast.

Everyone i played, good ****.

Good **** in general.

EE LOLZ at that fox ditto friendly, i don't think i ever want to do that again even though i won, it had to be the most ******** match ever. I spiked you 4 times, can't remember if you get me two or three times.

sorry hova, don't think we can get anything running this sat, voodoo and i think aero said they have some **** to do, and i kinda need a break. But we'll get em up soon.

Repryx

Smash Champion
And to Break a Promise as there are a few issues I needz to address 1st. Boss....Tell Korn if he can wait a month I'll MM him cuz I got Community Service to do...on the 6th....the 13th I got Homecoming...and I dunno about the next C3 cuz a girl invited me to homecoming 4 that one...Tell Korn I needz to play him though...I havent had much competition to go full out on since....The last C3 I was at....

2nd. Shinkuu If I am able to go to the next C3 I will be approaching you for a Ride if KC is unable...Branch Ave and All...

3.Chred...Im gonna Come to UMD sometime in Nov. If you are able to smash lemme know.

4.EE Stop getting banned.

5.Korn=Frickin Good

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
UMBC are you going to post result and Singles, Doubles Bracket in Tournament result thread :] ?

..and I love this tournament even though it is pretty far from my house ^__^; lol
also i want to Thanks all people who supported me <3

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
3.Chred...Im gonna Come to UMD sometime in Nov. If you are able to smash lemme know.
Is it gonna be a saturday? if so maybe we'll do a UMD tourney that day.
If not hit me up anytime after 2:00 on weekdays, anytime on weekends,i think i've sent you my cell number in a previous PM already.

boss8

Smash Hero
shoutouts

kirbstir-your amazing
meep-your amazing
vist-your amazing
blues/hova-your amazing
g-reg-your amazing
Btree-your amazing
fonz-your amazing
chred-your amazing
korn-your amazing nice mewtwo ditto lol.
Bmore-your amazing
mushroom kings-are amazing
aho-your amazing thanks for the ride
UMBC-thanks for holding dis shizz

and myself-- is suck at this game im thinkin C3 is my last turnament then i will stop,until brawl. peace

o yea voodoo- is the most amazing person there good shizz.

jdmelody

Smash Apprentice
Haha oh man that was a great tourny.
Husband- it was good to meet you man. Start workin on that wall son!
Btree- DOHHNN't STOP. BEELIEEVIN!
HAT- thanks for the advice
Dos- good to meet you thanks for the matches
Vist- thanks for using your luigi on me :( haha
Aero- fun match nice rests. nice jiggs.
Tin- I hate you.

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
UMBC are you going to post result and Singles, Doubles Bracket in Tournament result thread :] ?

..and I love this tournament even though it is pretty far from my house ^__^; lol
also i want to Thanks all people who supported me <3
Yes, I've already posted the brackets onto nealdt's site. It takes up to 48 hours for them to show up. Then I'll post the results and URL for that to a thread in Tournament Results.

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
Thanks! :D

and ... did semi-final , final singles are record ?
cuz i never get to record for my tourney matches at all =(
except whenever i bring my own camera that can only record for 5 minutes
For some reason the big screen TV wouldn't display the output when it was coming from the VCR. I didn't take the time to try the same thing on the 27" tv's, so I may be able to get them to work with it. I'll try to spend some time on my own before the next tournament to figure out these tv's.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
btw @ UMBC, i realized on the way home that myself and EE forgot to pay for our teams entry, therefore explaining the $20 missing from the pot at the end of the night. many apologies..... by my logic, i owe Aho like $4, and Korn $2, while EE owes me Korn and Aho each $3 or something.

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
@ greg - great, I'll leave it up to you to distribute the money (65%/25%/10% for singles and 80%/20%/money back for doubles). I usually like to receive each person's entrance fee before adding them to the doubles/singles list to make sure there aren't any issues with who paid. I believe that I added you two with the assumption that I could trust you two to pay the fee. The fact that you mentioned your error even after the fact proves that you're trustworthy--not that I ever had any doubts. Good ****.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
nah its ok, i added us in after you had created the bracket, because we werent there and i couldnt find you, so i filled us in a bye spot and started playing and forgot.

jdmelody

Smash Apprentice
For some reason the big screen TV wouldn't display the output when it was coming from the VCR. I didn't take the time to try the same thing on the 27" tv's, so I may be able to get them to work with it. I'll try to spend some time on my own before the next tournament to figure out these tv's.
any idea on when the next one is? :D

EpicE

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I aint pay **** for teams lmao I forgot to pay since we went right into brackets but yeah I'll give whoever there cash just tell me I'm always around.

Next torny date should just not conflict with anything.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
The TAL crew (we ****ing are eric, get over it you 'll never escape) will be announcing their first tourney soon. we'll try to make sure it doesn't conflict with anything, we're aiming for oct. 13th, since we won't be able to for 3 weeks after that( c3, some random ****, UMBC, unless UMBC is on the 27th, in which case maybe we'll tkae the 3rd)

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
The TAL crew (we ****ing are eric, get over it you 'll never escape) will be announcing their first tourney soon. we'll try to make sure it doesn't conflict with anything, we're aiming for oct. 13th, since we won't be able to for 3 weeks after that( c3, some random ****, UMBC, unless UMBC is on the 27th, in which case maybe we'll tkae the 3rd)
Cool. Is there a thread that gives more information on it? Like venue, location, fees, etc?

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Cool. Is there a thread that gives more information on it? Like venue, location, fees, etc?
Aero should be making the thread today, it depends on whether we can get the stamp ballroom reserved for then. We think it's open though. So the location would be the Stamp Student Union Ballroom of college park. That should be easy to get to for metro users, i'm fairly sure there's a metrobus stop right in front of it. Unless it costs money (and we're pretty sure it doesn't) there will be no venue fee, and we'll be doing $10singles/ $10per person teams like you.

aho43

Smash Lord
Aero should be making the thread today, it depends on whether we can get the stamp ballroom reserved for then. We think it's open though. So the location would be the Stamp Student Union Ballroom of college park. That should be easy to get to for metro users, i'm fairly sure there's a metrobus stop right in front of it. Unless it costs money (and we're pretty sure it doesn't) there will be no venue fee, and we'll be doing $10singles/ $10per person teams like you.
ballroom is almost always booked as far as i remember. when i(plus rickr) hosted tournaments it was in the dorms. specifically the basement of La Plata. I dunno where you guys live, Elicott probably, if you guys are Gemstone. not much of a basement there. Hagerstown had a decent basement i believe. Anne Arundel has a decent sized basement lounge that I don't see in use very often. i really doubt you guys will get access to the ballroom. if you do, kudos. that place is always in use, and requires booking way way way in advance.

Tin

Smash Journeyman
I agree, La Plata's basement is an awesome place even though it's cold as hell down there.

Worse comes worse, we can always do it in my apartment, but there will be a venue fee there. ; D

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
ballroom is almost always booked as far as i remember. when i(plus rickr) hosted tournaments it was in the dorms. specifically the basement of La Plata. I dunno where you guys live, Elicott probably, if you guys are Gemstone. not much of a basement there. Hagerstown had a decent basement i believe. Anne Arundel has a decent sized basement lounge that I don't see in use very often. i really doubt you guys will get access to the ballroom. if you do, kudos. that place is always in use, and requires booking way way way in advance.
weird rebel talked to someone who said he went to tournaments in stamp. guess he was wrong. i'll tell rebel, we can use denton basement if nothing else, but i guess la plata works also.

almost forgot

IS ANYONE MISSING A SILVER CONTROLLER. TIN TOOK ONE BY ACCIDENT THAT HE THOUGHT WAS ONE OF OURS.

Rebel581

Smash Champion
At this current time, we couldn't even reserve the ballroom for next year. We need to be an official club or sponsored by an official club to reserve anywhere on campus according to the reservations office. ChRed and I are going to check the La Plata basement though to see if we can use that. Otherwise Denton or Elicott are going to have to do. If it's a really hot day, we'll just have to have a lot of fans since there's no air conditioning in those buildings. Otherwise, I've got a friend in Dorchester (which has air conditioning) that we may be able to use. I've also got a friend in Queen Anne's, but he doesn't play smash at all. The friend in Dorchester plays smash, just not competitively.

EDIT: Well I might have a club to sponsor us. I just emailed the terrapin gaming club. They aren't a gaming club for video games, but as long as we have a club we can reserve something. We probably won't get the ballroom though if what aho says is correct. The lady didn't even tell me if it was open. She just said "You can't reserve it without a club sponsor."

EDIT2: We may be doing it in Denton. We'll look into La Plata, but Denton's basement is really big and with a couple of fans, it should be fine in terms of temperature. Plus, all of us who are running the tourney at CP have cards to get into the basement. None of us have cards for La Plata.

Repryx

Smash Champion
Yo! Look @ Posts Per Day and how many days he has been on!

plus not one thing he said has been valid

Edit:My Friend still Talks about my Knee Troubles against you...

Top Bottom