• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Baltimore Tourney at UMBC - Next: TBD

Bizjark

Smash Rookie
Arg, I swear I checked this page a few days ago and there was like no date up for when the next one is. And I see now that it's happening as I speak. Wouldnt be too late to go I guess but I'd prefer more then an hour or two to Smash. Oh well, I'll go to the next one.

The Newb

Smash Ace
Fun **** today. Mini shoutouts:

EE: Don't get down is you're doing bad ;)

Jon/Kaiser/: play me more

Frozen: Frozen challenge? :)

Everybody else: You suck >=)

Vist

Smash Champion
I'm crazy tired right now but I wanted to say i had fun and it was a good tournament. Good matches to all I played.

Also, I have to cancel on plans for going to chu's thing tomorrow b/c of my horrid car. My apoligies to anyone who wanted a ride from me =/

Twig

Smash Journeyman
I'm crazy tired right now but I wanted to say i had fun and it was a good tournament. Good matches to all I played.

Also, I have to cancel on plans for going to chu's thing tomorrow b/c of my horrid car. My apoligies to anyone who wanted a ride from me =/
All i have to say to you is, luigi is gay =p.

EEvisu

Smash Lord
Vist sorry we did not do well in teams, we got a pretty unlucky bracket =[

Newb, thanks for the matches an convo, good times

Ron ~ ROFFLECOPTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aero ~ **** thats the second time I've lost to u in 2 weeks, I'm kicking your *** next time! -angry face-

Chu ~ u da man

M2K I had fun playing those friendly teams matches, u are too good

Chillin if u did no **** up that one move at the end u would have beat M2K for the set =[
ur still amazing though =0

Kaiser ~ u dont even read SB anymore do you so yeah -gives standard shout out-

Twig I had fun ****** you ^_-

mmmmmmmmm thats about it I guess, lawl

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
Nice tourney guys, you all are awesome. Good games to everyone I played... which was a lot of people this time :)

This tourney really inspired me to get better once again. The competition is just too good.

Hopefully I'll see you all at Pound.

Should have full results soon for those who are interested...

Frozen

Smash Lord
Yeah this was a nice tournament....I had a lot of fun

Newb....close *** matches man, third game final stock = good times......same to you Jasona O.o

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
I'm leaving college on Tuesday to go back home to southern Maryland. Since the UMBC Game Room isn't open on the weekends during the summer, the next tournament will take place next semester. I have the option to make this a regular bi-weekly or monthly event in which we would always get extra tv's and always have the same tournament schedule. I would need to work with ChuDat to make sure there is something going on every weekend, but never two events on the same day. I also would need to schedule it around my project due dates for computer science so I have the weekends where the projects are due (on Sunday) open.

I'm getting recording capabilities on my birthday in June, which means that at the very least the winners and losers finals matches for singles and doubles will get recorded and put on-line. We'll see, it depends on if I get an external HDD =)

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
I'm gonna definitly make it to this one.
You mean the next one, which won't be till September?

I updated the first page of this thread. In response to my post above, I now have recording capabilities as described in the first page of this thread.

For those who are lazy, I got a 500GB external HDD and a Plextor video capture device. :D

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
Update! See thread title. I am still in the preliminary phases of arranging for this tournament; there is a new game room supervisor this semester (a graduate student girl this time), so she's running through how to do all this with her supervisor. However, I believe the chances of this happening are now very high, so I wanted to let everyone know so you can tentatively plan ahead into the future!

Note also that I am making my entrance to the singles and doubles free from now on. There are several reasons for this: 1. I am thousands of dollars in debt, 2. I want to play in my own tournaments, 3. I feel discouraged to go to the trouble of hosting a tournament if it's a whole lot of work and I can't play in it, 4. I am going to the trouble of putting semifinals and finals matches on-line, so I'm counting the free entrance as payment for that, 5. You guys want to have these tournaments, so it's in your best interests if I get free entrance. Oh, and 6. I host it, so I make the rules :p Nuff said.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
azen, chillin, chu, m2k, cactaur, cort, pc, and i will all be in cali this date.

so results should be interesting

edit: i thought u meant the entry would be free from now on totally. i was like WTF, lol nobody will come! then i saw it was just yours that's free. and yea, i dont think we really care. its fair enough

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
whoever teams with kirbstir is going to win

assuming that persons name is g-regulate.

HAT

Smash Ace
I'll be here, in all likelihood. I was planning on going out of state for a MTG pre-release, but I'm not that much of a homosexual.

I also plan on taking teams.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Watch out team Kirbulate. And everyone else.

Who wants a MM at this thingy?

Ghostype

Smash Champion
I'll bring a GameCube but I don't have a copy of Smash (right now). So if someone could spot me one for the tournament that'd be super. That or I don't bring the Cube. Whatever. >_>/Dan do you have a laptop for this tournament?

Top Bottom